Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8708755 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:46am On May 30, 2015
elampiro:

According to Zonal Marking, this was the most formation used by United under Ferguson. I can go fetch charts after charts to back up.

Mtchewwww. Who do I listen to, whoscored which said Ozil was in the hole in Munich or Ferguson who coached Rooney?

Rooney is the best number 10 of his generation.

did u smoke crayfish dis morning? was welbeck in our team in. 2010/2011 season? wasn't he at Sunderland? .

this is our match against Liverpool where we lost 3-1

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:48am On May 30, 2015
elampiro:

Comprehend man.

comprehend?
generally? always? you can only use the word always & general for de gea, ferdinand, terry, etc. they don't play in other positions apart from their primary roles. how can you use always for rooney? rooney has played in about 8 positions throughout his career at different phases.

parrotibaba:
did u smoke crayfish dis morning? was welbeck in our team in. 2010/2011 season? wasn't he at Sunderland? .

my oh my!
you go kill elampiro at this rate o. cheiiiiii, elampawa has been exposed. we only get to see his mumu images of rooney behind berba.......now we are seeing berba behind rooney.

waiting for elampawa to say this is a mistake. from ZM very soon, he would tell us rooney is the best number-10 in the world cos other number-10s don't score like him. how can they score like him when rooney plays as a striker?

i have never seen ozil, oscar, cazorla, kagawa, mata, iniesta, etc in this advanced position in their career. rooney is a number-10? it's the biggest myth of the century. he's a striker through and through - the media just make excuses for him cos he's very poor at what he's supposed to be.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 11:18am On May 30, 2015
Elampiro ,nobody is saying dat SAF played 4-4-2 throughout d season but he played it for majority of it ,against Chelsea second leg UCL ,SAF used d 4-4-1-1 with Rooney lining up behind berba or Hernandez n he also used d 4-3-3 against Marseille in dat 0-0 draw where he played Rooney on d left wing ...so u telling us dat Rooney generally played in d hole during dat season is a big lie ,he wasn't our number ten dat season ,he was just used in dat role occasionally but generally he was used in d 4-4-2 flat besides Hernandez n berba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:32am On May 30, 2015
Elampiro is just a rooney fan trying everything he could in his power to defend him (even though his poor performance is clear for all to see), when i was going through this thread's earlier post today, i saw a post by him claiming that van persie wasn't our messiah in 2013, can you imagine? Even trying to rate rooney above him..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:40am On May 30, 2015
if we have ended interest in Clyne as is written in the media, who will be another good choice @ RB for us?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:43am On May 30, 2015
SailorXY:
if we have ended interest in Clyne as is written in the media, who will be another good choice @ RB for us?
Piszceck(Dortmund RB), Carvajal

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:44am On May 30, 2015
SailorXY:
coleman, piszceck and carvajal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:47am On May 30, 2015
weedtaker:
Elampiro is just a rooney fan trying everything he could in his power to defend him (even though his poor performance is clear for all to see), when i was going through this thread's earlier post today, i saw a post by him claiming that van persie wasn't our messiah in 2013, can you imagine? Even trying to rate rooney above him..

he was so unhappy with RVP's achievements that season. he started calling him hyena - that RVP just waits in the box to feed off from the sweats of other players. RVP made 10 assists that season - his 72 key passes that season was the highest in the team. how did the hyena manage to create that amount of chances? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:49am On May 30, 2015
^^I'll still pick Clyne above them simply because he's already accustomed to the EPL & he's got good height.

the only RB I'll take ahead of Clyne is Alvez.

there's talks between Moyes & United over loan deal for Januzaj. I think it will be a good move, Moyes will give him enough game time cuz he obviously likes the lad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 12:41pm On May 30, 2015
SailorXY:
^^I'll still pick Clyne above them simply because he's already accustomed to the EPL & he's got good height.

the only RB I'll take ahead of Clyne is Alvez.

there's talks between Moyes & United over loan deal for Januzaj. I think it will be a good move, Moyes will give him enough game time cuz he obviously likes the lad.
coleman is also accustomed to the BPL and i think he possesses a great attacking threat than clyne, on the other hand, januzaj going on loan to soecidad will be great, he'll get more first team action, and will massively improve his technical abilities
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 12:52pm On May 30, 2015
coogar:

he was so unhappy with RVP's achievements that season. he started calling him hyena - that RVP just waits in the box to feed off from the sweats of other players. RVP made 10 assists that season - his 72 key passes that season was the highest in the team. how did the hyena manage to create that amount of chances? cheesy
that makes him a fake football fan.., seriously i can't get into an arguement with him, its impossible to beat him, even though its clear you are the one making the good points in the arguement you guys are into. So getting into an arguement with him and trying to emerge victorious, is like trying to find a whiter spot in a snow. (you'll just be wasting ur time) i don't mean that he'll be a very difficult opponent to beat, i'm just saying that getting into an arguement with him will make you look clueless like him. Remember in proverbs.. Solomon said.. don't argue with fools, cause if you do, you'll also end up being a foolish person(in the arguement). No disrespect though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 12:56pm On May 30, 2015
I prefer Coleman to Clyne but I still Rafael can still cut it. All he needs is a long run of games under his belt.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:04pm On May 30, 2015
Wao shocked! So Berbatov even played behind Rooney in 2010/11 and yet won the golden boot while Rooney wasn't even among the top 5 scorers.

Premier League top scorers 2010/11:
Dimitar Berbatov (United) - 20
Carlos Tevez (City) - 20
Robin van Persie (Arsenal) - 18
Darren Bent (Aston Villa) - 17
Peter Odemwingie (WBA) - 15

ROONEY has scammed us enough angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:41pm On May 30, 2015
Rio announced his retirement. Legend. Should really have retired when he left us. Classy player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:47pm On May 30, 2015
chrisley024:
Wao shocked! So Berbatov even played behind Rooney in 2010/11 and yet won the golden boot while Rooney wasn't even among the top 5 scorers.

Premier League top scorers 2010/11:
Dimitar Berbatov (United) - 20
Carlos Tevez (City) - 20
Robin van Persie (Arsenal) - 18
Darren Bent (Aston Villa) - 17
Peter Odemwingie (WBA) - 15

ROONEY has scammed us enough angry
even if he played behind berbetov how can someone like peter odemwingie and an injured van persie 4 most of d season outscore him in the league.. Its shameful.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:04pm On May 30, 2015
parrotibaba:

You dont know what you are saying, you are bringing Man United against Liverpool where SAF probably was trying to avoid Rooney playing against Gerald. Gerald knows Rooney too well and SAF is very smart.

When we played against Liverpool last season, Gerald was able to stall Rooney.

I told you that these are just a one off incidences. I will find time to bring you many charts where Rooney played in the number 10. Many of them. Just wait. Hopefully I will start tonight.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:10pm On May 30, 2015
coogar:

comprehend?
generally? always? you can only use the word always & general for de gea, ferdinand, terry, etc. they don't play in other positions apart from their primary roles. how can you use always for rooney? rooney has played in about 8 positions throughout his career at different phases.

my oh my!
you go kill elampiro at this rate o. cheiiiiii, elampawa has been exposed. we only get to see his mumu images of rooney behind berba.......now we are seeing berba behind rooney.

waiting for elampawa to say this is a mistake. from ZM very soon, he would tell us rooney is the best number-10 in the world cos other number-10s don't score like him. how can they score like him when rooney plays as a striker?

i have never seen ozil, oscar, cazorla, kagawa, mata, iniesta, etc in this advanced position in their career. rooney is a number-10? it's the biggest myth of the century. he's a striker through and through - the media just make excuses for him cos he's very poor at what he's supposed to be.

1. “[Right wing] was his position with Aston Villa until last season when they started playing him in behind the strikers – Gabriel agbonlahor or Darren Bent – in a more advanced role, like the way we use Wayne Rooney.

Read the above statement and comprehend. SAF did not say "like the way we used Wayne Rooney last season". Look at the word use. Meaning that is how we play Rooney in Manchester United.

2. Ozil, Kagawa, etc cannot play the number 9 because they are limited Attacking Midfielders. Thats why they cannot earn 300k
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:21pm On May 30, 2015
parrotibaba:
Elampiro ,nobody is saying dat SAF played 4-4-2 throughout d season but he played it for majority of it ,against Chelsea second leg UCL ,SAF used d 4-4-1-1 with Rooney lining up behind berba or Hernandez n he also used d 4-3-3 against Marseille in dat 0-0 draw where he played Rooney on d left wing ...so u telling us dat Rooney generally played in d hole during dat season is a big lie ,he wasn't our number ten dat season ,he was just used in dat role occasionally but generally he was used in d 4-4-2 flat besides Hernandez n berba

Rooney has been our number 10 in the hole since he joined Man United. There were occasions he was played in the wing, number 9 and midfield. But that isnt his wing. It's just his versatility that allow him being move around easily. That's has been an Asset to him and the team. In his first season he played virtually in the wing.

In the match between United and Inter at Old Trafford, Rooney was in the hole, then we went one- nil up. At half time he was moved to the left wing as Inter began punishing us from there. He played virtually as a wingback while Evra tucked into the box. Giggs went into the hole. From there Rooney started overlapping and was able to provide an exquisite cross for CR7 goal. I watch the whole match recently.

This is his versatility that has been exploited by his managers over the years. He did not play as our number 9 that season.

I WONDER WHY ANYONE WOULD STILL ARGUE WHEN SAF SAID ROONEY WAS HIS NUMBER 10. HE EVEN MADE THIS STATEMENT IN 2011.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:26pm On May 30, 2015
weedtaker:

How was RVP our Messiah? We were destined to win the league in 2012/2013 haven finished jointly on points with City the previous season with Scholes playing half the season. With Scholes return, we would have won the league still with Chicharito and Welbeck leading our line in front of Rooney. We were also favoured with far less injuries. Stats says we actually did better in goals number in 2011/2012.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:34pm On May 30, 2015
elampiro:

How was RVP our Messiah? We were destined to win the league in 2012/2013 haven finished jointly on points with City the previous season with Scholes playing half the season. With Scholes return, we would have won the league still with Chicharito and Welbeck leading our line in front of Rooney. We were also favoured with far less injuries. Stats says we actually did better in goals number in 2011/2012.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..... Guy u suppose to be comedian, you're just wasting your time on nairaland, while basket mouth and co. Are making millions, but wait o.. Seriously you mean welbeck (a fool in front of goal) nd chicha (a super sub player) chai EPL dn suffer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:44pm On May 30, 2015
weedtaker:
that makes him a fake football fan.., seriously i can't get into an arguement with him, its impossible to beat him, even though its clear you are the one making the good points in the arguement you guys are into. So getting into an arguement with him and trying to emerge victorious, is like trying to find a whiter spot in a snow. (you'll just be wasting ur time) i don't mean that he'll be a very difficult opponent to beat, i'm just saying that getting into an arguement with him will make you look clueless like him. Remember in proverbs.. Solomon said.. don't argue with fools, cause if you do, you'll also end up being a foolish person(in the arguement). No disrespect though.

You don't know what you are saying. You are a fake football fan. What do you know about football? RVP scored 26 goals in 2012/2013 if that number is enough to win the league why did his 30 goals not win it for Arsenal? Why did Suarez not win the league twice for Liverpool? Why did Rooney 27 goals not win the league in 2011/2012?

RVP did not score in consecutive 10 matches for United, I think 7 EPL matches in a row and that was the period we extended our lead over City to an insurmountable height. Rooney became the hero that period. Chicha and Welbeck would easily have got the job done in front of Rooney and Scholes.

How is RVP not an hyena? His coming killed the likes of Nani and Valencia because he always blocked the route making himself the MUST target. Same way he killed Arsenal players and robbed them of scoring abilities until he left, and they learnt to play and score, then they won a trophy.

RVP is an hyena. He only had the most chances created because he played 37 matches and was taking free kicks. Yet Rooney still beat him on created per minutes played.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:55pm On May 30, 2015
weedtaker:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..... Guy u suppose to be comedian, you're just wasting your time on nairaland, while basket mouth and co. Are making millions, but wait o.. Seriously you mean welbeck (a fool in front of goal) nd chicha (a super sub player) chai EPL dn suffer.

Yet they all combined to get us higher goals than when Van Persie came.

Man United
2011/2012 GF-89, GA-33, GD-56, POINTS-89
2012/2013 GF-86, GA-43, GD-43, POINTS-89

Arent you ashamed now at your gross ignorance? If we didnt have so much injuries and Paul Scholes not out for half the year we should have finished with 100 points and 110 goals in 2011/2012.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:14pm On May 30, 2015
Let me expose another lie the Ekwe Samples have always told us about Wayne Rooney.

Sir Alex Ferguson says Wayne Rooney will be offered a new deal

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admits he plans to keep Wayne Rooney at Old Trafford.
Last Updated: 10/03/13 11:02am

Rooney, who was surprisingly only a substitute in Tuesday's Champions League clash with Real Madrid, has been the subject of intense speculation about his future.

Ferguson knocked down suggestions United would look to sell Rooney in the summer on Friday, and now he has stressed the club see him in their long term plans.

Former Everton man Rooney is tied to United until the end of the 2014/15 season, so there is no need to sit down for talks immediately.

"There is no issue with the contract," Ferguson said. "When it has to be renegotiated, it will be.

"He's coming to his mature years. He's had a lot of issues this year in terms of illness, injuries and not had a long run of games, but he's still got me 14 goals.

"He'll end up with 20 goals, no doubt about that."

"He got me 32 goals last year. He's had a lot of issues this year in terms of illness, injuries and not had a long run of games, but he's got me 14 goals from probably two-thirds of the appearances of last year.

"He'll get 20 goals, no doubt about that. I've said before, if he gets over 20, Chicharito [Javier Hernandez] over 20 and Van Persie's there just now, we're talking over 60 goals and that's put us right in the ballpark."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8554138/sir-alex-ferguson-says-wayne-rooney-will-be-offered-a-new-deal

They have always lied that SAF wanted to sell him. They blame Moyes for renewing his contract. Even though SAF said this, and on the final day of 2012/2013 season SAF revealed that Rooney asked for a transfer, then SAF went on to reiterate that Rooney wouldn't be allowed to leave Manchester United and that he has asked Rooney to go think about it again.

Here we are having unknown fans coming up with false stories and even telling lies against the coach. Coach said he used Rooney behind the striker, yeye fans here wanting to bring Rooney down said 'Sir Ferguson that is not true we know better.' Ukwu!!!

I dont even know why I should keep arguing with these people who are just ecstatic talking negatively about Rooney. Who God has blessed no one can bring him down. 300k man, Kabiyesiooo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 30, 2015
Luca Toni! 38 yrs old! 22 goals dis season. Serie A Top scorer.

Rooney! 29 yrs old! 1 away goal in four months grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:30pm On May 30, 2015
Adelana, just 4get dis elams guy, i've already stated that winning this guy in an arguement is like searching for a whiter spot in snow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 6:44pm On May 30, 2015
elampiro:

According to Zonal Marking, this was the most formation used by United under Ferguson. I can go fetch charts after charts to back up.

Mtchewwww. Who do I listen to, whoscored which said Kgawa was in the hole instead of wing or Ferguson who coached Rooney?

Rooney is the best number 10 of his generation.

Even your almighty Zonal Marking is telling us something different from what you have been telling us. You choose Zonal Markings formation that suits you but left out those that confirms what we have been saying that the most formation used by SAF throughout his era is 4 4 2 flat.
I would have brought out so many others, only that the formations are not there.

Are these also 4411?

I know you will always have excuses or find a way to twist it.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 30, 2015
This Aston Villa defence useless no be small
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 6:49pm On May 30, 2015
Remaining ones i have for you from your Zonal Marking. Where will ever be a number 10 in a 4 4 2 flat formation?

Most of these are for 2011/12 season. The almighty Zonal Markings only picked selected matches.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:50pm On May 30, 2015
Just take a look at walcott, injured for half a year, was used as bench warmer this season when he returned from injury, but when given the chance to play he scored a hattrick and now he opened the scoring in the FA cup final, that's how to know a star performer, if this kind thin happen to rooney the 1away goal wey we de complain about , we no go even see am.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:52pm On May 30, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Luca Toni! 38 yrs old! 22 goals dis season. Serie A Top scorer.

Rooney! 29 yrs old! 1 away goal in four months grin grin

Do you realized what you just done at all?

Toni Luca
2009/2010 5 goals in 15 appearances
2011........ 5 goals in 30 apearances
2012........ injured.
2013........ 8 goals in 27 appearances
2014.........20 goals in 24 appearances

If you put Toni's Premier division (Serie A) goals on the average the outcome will be far worse than Rooney.

2000/2001 season to 2002/2003 season he scored only 24 goals. Twenty-four goals in three seasons.

He has only ever had one great season with above 25 goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:55pm On May 30, 2015
tess1:
Remaining ones i have for you from your Zonal Marking. Where will ever be a number 10 in a 4 4 2 flat formation?
guy no de stress your self, you go see the way him go wan try outsmart ur claim.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.