Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1957) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8709928 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) (1960) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:28am On Aug 25, 2015
MrTA:

You realise Barca sold Pedro to Chelsea? They're allowed to sell but not register any new players till January.

Oh! Dats true! But anyway! This "neymar own na scam of the millinieum"! His presence in the team was even 1 of the reasons dey let pedro go! He is only trying to pull a "sergio ramos" new contract move!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 25, 2015
MrTA:

You realise Barca sold Pedro to Chelsea? They're allowed to sell but not register any new players till January.

The more reason to believe Neymar is going nowhere.

it's the Ramos situation all over again.
Using United to get a payhike.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:43am On Aug 25, 2015
coogar:

he's probably playing nepotism with blind.
blind has lost his place in the midfield and he has to somehow play him somewhere in the team. it seems shaw has rediscovered himself lately and rojo is also there to fight for that LB position. the only other position is the CB where you have camels like phil jones and evans. to LVG's credits, blind has worked perfectly in that position[b] but i fear for him when we play beastly teams like citeh, liverpool, etc. benteke and costa would eat blind like guguru.[/b] grin

Gbam!! the bolded is my greatest fear cos the likes of Costa will pummel Blind when we jam Chelshit and by then the TW has been closed. For Bleep's sake Shitty had Mangalla, Kompany, Dimechelis and yet added Otamendi. Doesn't this tell that fool LvG that we need excess top quality in every department? How are we gonna cope with Blackett and co? The most annoying part of this LvG's cluesslesness and stupidity is that Man Utd has enough bucks to spend. We ain't some poor clubs like Coventry city. God, i miss Ferguson!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:45am On Aug 25, 2015
Odunharry:
forget Neymar..... get De bruyne, lewy or laccazette and a decent right winger

De Bruyne is going to Man city.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 25, 2015
sinizia:

Gbam!! the bolded is my greatest fear cos the likes of Costa will pummel Blind when we jam Chelshit and by then the TW has been closed. For Bleep's sake Shitty had Mangalla, Kompany, Dimechelis and yet added Otamendi. Doesn't this tell that fool LvG that we need excess top quality in every department? How are we gonna cope with Blackett and co? The most annoying part of this LvG's cluesslesness and stupidity is that Man Utd has enough bucks to spend. We ain't some poor clubs like Coventry city. God, i miss Ferguson!!
U just wait for the inevitable injuries. Imagine Blind and Jones getting injured at the same time. Then maybe Evans returns to first team action. Then watch the comedy unfold. LVG is fooool!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:32am On Aug 25, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
U just wait for the inevitable injuries. Imagine Blind and Jones getting injured at the same time. Then maybe Evans returns to first team action. Then watch the comedy unfold. LVG is fooool!!
Evans or wetin i see there? dem neva still sell am?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:47am On Aug 25, 2015
Let's forget the defence, our problem is the attack. It has been since last season. The defence was decent last season even with the constant injuries, lack of good DM and use of young players there.

Get 2 top players for the attack, relegate Rooney to the bench and loan Januzaj to Sunderland.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:59am On Aug 25, 2015
chrisley024:
Let's forget the defence, our problem is the attack. It has been since last season. The defence was decent last season even with the constant injuries, lack of good DM and use of young players there.

Get 2 top players for the attack, relegate Rooney to the bench and loan Januzaj to Sunderland.
can a club captain be summarily relegated to the bench just like dat? Dats d problem lvg created by giving rooney the captainship.....

The only thing on my mind for manutd is .....rooney should just collect the kain injury wey no go let am play for 8 months....

No other situation can force rooney out of the starting XI angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 25, 2015
Odunharry:

Evans or wetin i see there? dem neva still sell am?
Loool! Thats why i said the comedy in our defence ll surely unfold if Evans was ever to return to first team action
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
chrisley024:

Our next two games are Swansea and Liverpool! If the defence is solid enough in those two, then maybe i can stop worrying abt the defence. As for attck, that one na anoda story entirely...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 25, 2015
Another clean sheet for Rooney tomorrow or nah??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2015
StarBoard:

The more reason to believe Neymar is going nowhere.

it's the Ramos situation all over again.
Using United to get a payhike.

I'm sure Barca are not so foolish to think anyone in the world will pay +£100m for Neymar
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Our next two games are Swansea and Liverpool! If the defence is solid enough in those two, then maybe i can stop worrying abt the defence. As for attck, that one na anoda story entirely...
This team is good enough bro! Imagine SAF with this squad undecided

Play the right players in the right positions & they will go far in UCL. There's nothing wrong with LvG tactics but he should allow these lads be more expressive & let's see how many teams will have enough courage to attack against this same team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
lekkie073:
can a club captain be summarily relegated to the bench just like dat? Dats d problem lvg created by giving rooney the captainship.....

The only thing on my mind for manutd is .....rooney should just collect the kain injury wey no go let am play for 8 months....

No other situation can force rooney out of the starting XI angry

At bolded.....WORD!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
sinizia:

Gbam!! the bolded is my greatest fear cos the likes of Costa will pummel Blind when we jam Chelsea and by then the TW has been closed. For Bleep's sake Shitty had Mangalla, Kompany, Dimechelis and yet added Otamendi. Doesn't this tell that fool LvG that we need excess top quality in every department? How are we gonna cope with Blackett and co? The most annoying part of this LvG's cluesslesness and stupidity is that Man Utd has enough bucks to spend. We ain't some poor clubs like Coventry city. God, i miss Ferguson!!

Thank you cheesy **in Keky's voice**
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 1:16pm On Aug 25, 2015
SailorXY:

Play the right players in the right positions & they will go far in UCL. There's nothing wrong with LvG tactics but he should allow these lads be more expressive & let's see how many teams will have enough courage to attack against this same team.
Thank you my brother, I just don't understand all these fans we have, buy this buy that as if other teams don't have their own fair share of average players. This same way many of them was skeptical about blind playing left back before the Liverpool game last season, until he shut them up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
Robin Van Persie on Sir Alex Ferguson -
“Sometimes he’d come in and say, ‘Excite me. Try a pass over 40 metres. Try a dribble. I don’t care if it goes wrong. I want to sit on the edge of my chair. Please excite me. And make the game quicker, please. Fergie always made you express yourself. He was a genius.”

This is more like it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Another clean sheet for Rooney tomorrow or nah??

without a doubt, his clean sheet mode would be fully operational tomorrow......
the stats don't augur well with captain rooney.

12.04.15: City (H) - 90 min
18.04.15: Chelsea (A) - 90 min
26.04.15: Everton (A) - 88 min
02.05.15: West Brom (H) - 90 min
09.05.15: Palace (A) - 45 min
24.05.15: Hull (A) - 90 min
08.08.15: Spurs (H) - 90 min
14.08.15: Villa (A) - 90 min
18.08.15: Brugge (H) - 84 min
22.08.15: Newcastle (H) - 90 min

857 minutes since his last United goal. That's 14.28 hours. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
coogar:

857 minutes since his last United goal. That's 14.28 hours. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
And folks would have us believe that the problem is not from the player.

including a tail-less monkey who claims to have posed his masters academic gown when he barely made it out of school with a first degree.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 1:58pm On Aug 25, 2015
Na wa oo. I remember when our problem was the midfield and we cried in this forum for re-enforcements.

Now the problem is platos philosophy that seems to limit our players expressing themselves and playing people outta position while rellying on washed up Rooney to win us a spoon.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:03pm On Aug 25, 2015
StarBoard:

how is the player not the problem?
it's one thing for a player to be out of luck.....hitting shots on target that the goalie seems to be catching or hitting the post. if that was the case, i wouldn't even flinch one bit. the fact is rooney is not even making himself available to take shots on target. he has the fewest touches in the box in the entire league, so how's he meant to score when he's not even in the position to take shots on target.

including a tail-less monkey who claims to have posed his masters academic gown when he barely made it out of school with a first degree.

dayyyyyyyyyyummmmm! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
StarBoard:

And i keep telling you that you are mistaken, nobody in his right frame of mind would post academic gown pics on this thread. ADONBELIVIT!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
afrodoc2:

And i keep telling you that you are mistaken, nobody in his right frame of mind would post academic gown pics on this thread. ADONBELIVIT!
grin
No further comment
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
afrodoc2:

in other words, nyabinghi is not in a right frame of mind?
whyyyyy? whyyyyy have you guys decided to go ham on nyabinghi? it's not fair.....he's someone's wife and perhaps someone's father. make una take am easy with him. grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
SailorXY:

I've been crying about the bolded since last season. Mata is wasting away on dat right flank for goodness sake. We all saw wat he did in the hole at Chelsea. Play Young on d right. Its a better alternative to Januzaj. Dat one is not good enough for the starting 11 yet. If LVG does dat, everything could easily fall into place and our attack would easily take the pressure off an already balanced defence
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2015
coogar:

grin grin grin And some people would ve us believe he hasn't hit top form yet... grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:25pm On Aug 25, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
grin grin grin And some people still believe he hasn't hit top form yet...

he's the only striker in the world that is allowed to start the season with weight or fitness problems. he's the only striker who has consistently been shyte when going to anfield or goodison park. the media have led us to believe rooney can never play well in those 2 matches season after season and the fans have swallowed that line for aeons - he should be asked to refund some of his wages for his poor performances in 90% of those fixtures over the years.

how can a so called elite striker raking in £300k/week fail to find the net in 10 competitive games for man utd? it's an effing disgrace. if LVG isn't a silly man, he should have binned rooney since. kagawa didn't go on such a shambolic run of games before he got the boot. rooney's captainship for man utd and the 3 lions shouldn't make him immune to criticism. the media are blaming his team mates for the drought when it's obvious the player has lost everything required to be a top class centre forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by taiwoliu(m): 2:26pm On Aug 25, 2015
Make una dey throw subtle jabs ooo, una hia? sad shocked Kontunu sad angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I've been crying about the bolded since last season. Mata is wasting away on dat right flank for goodness sake. We all saw wat he did in the hole at Chelsea. Play Young on d right. Its a better alternative to Januzaj. Dat one is not good enough for the starting 11 yet. If LVG does dat, everything could easily fall into place and our attack would easily take the pressure off an already balanced defence

LVG is part of the problem of this team. Playing players out of positions is his great problem. He always believe he can convert players. The same thing he did with Memphis all through the preseason up until the first game of the season.
I just don`t know why he is not playing Mata as the number 10 now that we have good defensive midfielders who can take up the defensive duties that he`s lacking in.
He can also play Herrera on that right. He said the team is lacking creativity and he has a guy (Herrera) who contributed 10 goals (6 goals & 4 asissts) out of 19 starts for us last season on the bench doing nothing. This guy also contribute defensively in ni measure.

Also his stereotyped philosophy of pass, pass, and pass without freedom to express themselves and take some risk will take us nowhere.

I am really losing my confidence in him by every match day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2015
coogar:

he's the only striker in the world that is allowed to start the season with weight or fitness problems. he's the only striker who has consistently been shyte when going to anfield or goodison park. the media have led us to believe rooney can never play well in those 2 matches season after season and the fans have swallowed that line for aeons - he should be asked to refund some of his wages for his poor performances in 90% of those fixtures over the years.

how can a so called elite striker raking in £300k/week fail to find the net in 10 competitive games for man utd? it's an effing disgrace. if LVG isn't a silly man, he should have binned rooney since. kagawa didn't go on such a shambolic run of games before he got the boot. rooney's captainship for man utd and the 3 lions shouldn't make him immune to criticism. the media are blaming his team mates for the drought when it's obvious the player has lost everything required to be a top class centre forward.
I ll always be a Rooney fan tho. But its a disgrace to say the least! 857 minutes without a goal. Almost 800 without an assist too. Even VP would ve done better if given all those chances...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
tess1:

LVG is part of the problem of this team. Playing players out of positions is his great problem. He always believe he can convert players. The same thing he did with Memphis all through the preseason up until the first game of the season.
I just don`t know why he is not playing Mata as the number 10 now that we have good defensive midfielders who can take up the defensive duties that he`s lacking in.
He can also play Herrera on that right. He said the team is lacking creativity and he has a guy (Herrera) who contributed 10 goals (6 goals & 4 asissts) out of 19 starts for us last season on the bench doing nothing. This guy also contribute defensively in ni measure.

Also his stereotyped philosophy of pass, pass, and pass without freedom to express themselves and take some risk will take us nowhere.

I am really losing my confidence in him by every match day.
Well, asides Rooney, LVG is the main problem United are facing. Regardless of how we fair this season, i cant wait for him to leave after this season. Klopp is available and he'll be very welcome to take charge

(1) (2) (3) ... (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) (1960) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Baddestguyp(m), Uniquisite and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.