Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2020) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8752041 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2017) (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mystic1(m): 10:38am On Aug 31, 2015
UniqueGem:
I'm only bothered for you might be contagious.
LOL!! Like Communicable Disease? Now this is evul.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by moneysoldier2: 10:42am On Aug 31, 2015
You know nairaland eurosoccer has fallen when an arsenal fan is analysing the united team

Oh

The

irony
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:43am On Aug 31, 2015
What were 2 DM(Tiger and Carrick) still doing on the pitch when Chicharito is on the bench. We had only a striker on the pitch (Pls don't tell me Fellaini is one) while the team was chasing the game.

LvG is not the man.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jaypea98: 10:52am On Aug 31, 2015
capricornian:
Monk read the game well..he knew we have got an unconvincing Blind... if LVG knows what is good for him...he must not wait another minute before he buys a left side Central defender. If not for Smalling and the rest, Gomis was ready to kill and bury Blind yesterday.
We have ROJO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mencade4: 10:58am On Aug 31, 2015
[size=30pt] the wailings and gnashing of teeth here are too much ooo.[/size]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 11:01am On Aug 31, 2015
Jaypea98:

We have ROJO

True bro but Rojo is also a player that is never consistent. One minute he's very promising and good defender, the other minute you would rather have Blanket or se na Blacket on the pitch.

Am not a pundit, but I think a good striker makes it easier for midfielders to play towards him. He attracts them... he pulls them with his runs and that's where Chicharito is sometimes better than bros Rooney. His presence and runs must create fears in the mind of defenders just like Aguero.

Let's see how it goes though... am sure we will come good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 11:01am On Aug 31, 2015
FuhckYhu:

his lunch box.? grin
Yeeeeeeeey.!

uhmm how do u guys create dis gif stuff
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2015
I was a Fan of LVG, but thank God I've woken up from my slumber! LVG has passed his prime and he's diminishing rapidly! None of his stupid philosophy is working yet he keeps fooling himself!
I think he has done enough, he should hand over to Giggs and honorably retires back to his native Country!
As for Rooney, his days are numbered!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 11:07am On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=elampiro post=37518091]

I am in support of Jones over Blind. I was beginning to support Smalling and Blind, but I have realized that the deep lying defence and lack of adventure of the full backs has made the Centre Defence look solid. A defence protected by Sneiderline should do better.

We lost the ball in the striking zone at one nil up, the next thing the ball was in our net. That is not good enough. Not even losing it in midfield. exactly my highlights gomis had a good day all day long as well as shelvey
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 11:10am On Aug 31, 2015
nyabinghi:
lvg should register for managerial tutorials from garry monk and to think of it he earns about 5 times what monk earns the probabillty of monk beating van gaal is 1.00 at full confidence my friends mocked man u over depay who hasnt paid a dime for man u, like depay like nani
You mean 'mere-fish dey- play aka next cr7, beckham n cantona combined.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 11:14am On Aug 31, 2015
I said it here that Man U need a new coach, they have the players but dopejemi n starboard thought I was trolling.

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 11:20am On Aug 31, 2015
hensben:
I said it here that Man U need a new coach, they have the players but dopejemi n starboard thought I was trolling.

grin grin
Hope you remember we have a worse start compared to them. wink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 11:20am On Aug 31, 2015
When I said ManU's biggest problem is their coaching crew, some idiots were whinging in my ears telling me I am a troll.

Sir Fergie left, and nothing seems to be working like it used to be with the ManU of old.

Long may this continue though. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:21am On Aug 31, 2015
Actual breaking news!

"Sky Sources" are reporting that Adnan Januzaj is in advanced talks with Borussia Dortmund over a loan move.

That would be a surprise as it was just starting to look like Louis van Gaal was beginning to trust the youngster in the first team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 11:22am On Aug 31, 2015
grin
moneysoldier2:

To even think u are a graduate from a good school is more painfull than the loss

Ur lecturers need to be flogged

Abeg United need to start screening some of their fans! God forbid!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2015
Tval:
Hope you remember we have a worse start compared to them. wink
Yeah! But I'm 100% sure we aren't going trophy-less unlike manure. We gonna top them at the end.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 11:28am On Aug 31, 2015
instead of some idiots to counter facts with facts they resort to abuses i am a fella that cant be gagged, aguero 1 in 4, rooney 0 in 4, costa 1 in 4 yet messi 0 in 2, ronaldo 0 in 2 but their team mates score to bail out their teams our super team scored had their goals thru own goals yet dont wanna blame the gaffer for his tactical gambles, lvg needed a ref error to defeat mexico in brazil his philosophy got holland not scoring again till third place yet he is set to make man u bankrupt
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 11:33am On Aug 31, 2015
chrisley024:
What were 2 DM(Tiger and Carrick) still doing on the pitch when Chicharito is on the bench. We had only a striker on the pitch (Pls don't tell me Fellaini is one) while the team was chasing the game.

LvG is not the man.

The man is not a risk taker. It`s written all over his philosophy.
If you can`t go further better give the goal keeper a backpass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:33am On Aug 31, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Actual breaking news!

"Sky Sources" are reporting that Adnan Januzaj is in advanced talks with Borussia Dortmund over a loan move.

That would be a surprise as it was just starting to look like Louis van Gaal was beginning to trust the youngster in the first team.
.. . and replacing with youth
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 11:37am On Aug 31, 2015
I'm in some ways happy that we lost this game to swansea......allowing our d.umb-headed coach to know that our team is far from perfect.......imagine if we had won that match lvg would have officially closed the transfer market........ I pray for common sense in his life to correct the wrongs before the window closes...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:37am On Aug 31, 2015
tess1:

The man is not a risk taker. It`s written all over his philosophy.
If you can`t go further better give the goal keeper a backpass.
a non-risk taker is unlikely to be exceptional. He remains average which is okay for midtable teams. Just like he thinks the team passing sideways means controlling the game. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:39am On Aug 31, 2015
Pataki:
van Gaal coming back with a vengeance.

Abe's Oddysey!!!

Classic game. I spent the best part of the late 90s playing that game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 11:41am On Aug 31, 2015
I think modern day football has gone beyond relying on a CF to keep banging in the goals. Arsenal used to solely rely on RVP for the goals. Arsenal were labelled a one-man team. That said, the amount paid to Rooney alone is enough to justify that a lot is expected of Rooney in terms of delivering the goals. Unfortunately, he has not lived up to that.

ManCity is adapting to this modern day football out of all the top 4 EPL teams this season. Sharing goals amongst the squad. One of their top goal scorer this season is a defender. Barcelona won their last game with the help of a defender.

Much is expected of Rooney, and he has not delivered. At the same time, neither has the whole squad of ManU.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 11:43am On Aug 31, 2015
chrisley024:
a non-risk taker is unlikely to be exceptional. He remains average which is okay for midtable teams. Just like he thinks the team passing sideways means controlling the game. angry

Exactly. And that`s why i no longer have faith in him. He`s part of our problem. In fact his philosophy is the problem we are having.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:47am On Aug 31, 2015
nyabinghi:
instead of some idiots to counter facts with facts they resort to abuses i am a fella that cant be gagged, aguero 1 in 4, rooney 0 in 4, costa 1 in 4 yet messi 0 in 2, ronaldo 0 in 2 but their team mates score to bail out their teams our super team scored had their goals thru own goals yet dont wanna blame the gaffer for his tactical gambles, lvg needed a ref error to defeat mexico in brazil his philosophy got holland not scoring again till third place yet he is set to make man u bankrupt

Is van gaal the reason Rooney is misfiring? We have all blamed LVG here, I don't know why you are looking for excuses to cover up for Rooney, the aguero, ronaldo, messi and the rest you are calling, are they playing for united? What's our business with them? Okay because they are in poor form now warrants rooney to also be in poor form, right? Cause that's what you implying... are their destinies tied together? what's our business with them? Why don't you allow their fans worry about them and we worry about ours

I don't see how other players' poor form affects rooney's form... it was rooney who gifted swansea a goal yesterday, it was rooney who missed 3 to 4 clear chances yesterday, so stop trying to shift the attention from Him... Rooney cost us the game yesterday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 11:49am On Aug 31, 2015
This guy is just on point

Benyamin Alt

Manchester United 1st congrats to swansea on a
well deserved win, they executed their game plan
perfectly and exploited the defense brilliantly,
specially through blind's channel

I- Positives:

1- shaw and darmian have been consistently
good this season and will only improve from here
on

2- mata is the only player who merits a regular
starting place in the attack

3- herrera proved time and again that he should
be a starter

4- schneiderlin will prove to be a very good
transfer as he grows into his role

II- Negatives, and man there are a lot of these:

1- romero: although he's been solid so far this
season, he was rarely tested, and today he
proved that he's not the answer, he's not
confident enough, specially with the ball at his
feet, his distribution is below par, and he lacks
concentration at key times, he will improve for
sure, but he's not the number 1 united can rely
on

2- defense: smalling is very good and had to
work twice as hard today to cover for blind, who
for all his qualities, is not a central defender and
his weaknesses in the position were ruthlessly
exploited today, so van gaal needs to buy a
defender to partner smalling or man utd will have
nightmares against even better opposition this
season

3- midfield: shweini needs more time to build up
his fitness and get used to the pace of the EPL,
and shouldn't be a starter at this point as carrick
is a more viable option now

4- attack: aside from mata, the forward line is
severely lacking in form and specially creativity,
depay needs more time and experience as he's
still making many wrong decisions and taking too
much time on the ball, and rooney is very slow
this season, whether in his movement, 1st touch,
or even speed of thought

5- fellaini: he can be an efficient weapon in
certain circumstances, but he lacks the
intelligence and technical ability to be the solution
for united up front

6- van gaal: his substitutions were terrible,
removing schneiderlin and keeping shweini, or
removing mata who was the only player who
looked to make thinks happen, and even if rooney
is the captain, he shouldn't play 90 minutes every
game regardless of his form. and for all his talk
of following a philosophy, united's play look
random and with no real direction

III- What to do before the close of the transfer
window, van gaal should let go of his
stubbornness and:

1- either keep de gea and return him as no 1, or
sell him and buy a replacement in lloris who
would be perfect as I don't think cillessen is the
answer

2- buy a defender to partner smalling, garay or
laporte would be the best

3- buy a right winger with a goal threat and move
mata as number 10, griezmann or reus would be
brilliant if unlikely to come, even lucas moura
would be great but also difficult to get at this
point

4- buy a pacey technical striker to ease the
burden on rooney and rotate/substitute with him
in certain situations
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:50am On Aug 31, 2015
Na wah o. People are still pained about yesterday's game this much.

LvG is a stubborn goat. Rooney has lost the passion for football. When these facts have been understood, the pain subsides.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:52am On Aug 31, 2015
Afternoon scummies..... I come in peace!
How are ya all feeling? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:54am On Aug 31, 2015
Pataki:
I think modern day football has gone beyond relying on a CF to keep banging in the goals. Arsenal used to solely rely on RVP for the goals. Arsenal were labelled a one-man team. That said, the amount paid to Rooney alone is enough to justify that a lot is expected of Rooney in terms of delivering the goals. Unfortunately, he has not lived up to that.

ManCity is adapting to this modern day football out of all the top 4 EPL teams this season. Sharing goals amongst the squad. One of their top goal scorer this season is a defender. Barcelona won their last game with the help of a defender.

Much is expected of Rooney, and he has not delivered. At the same time, neither has the whole squad of ManU.

Very apt!

You see with Arsenal, I am not on the bandwagon of 'we need a new striker and all of that crap' because of the goal sharing potential we have in that team

It is simple, United are not doing well as a unit, it is easy to blame a single player, yes Rooney has been poor but to blame him entirely for your woes is absolutely daft!

I don't think there is any other team better than us in the attacking realm of the MF, if those players we play there perform consistently.

Sharing goals is absolutely essential... You just cant rely on the CF to do it all...

By the time your attacking MFs weigh in with the odd few each, your CBs nick a couple and your full backs too, you are looking at a lot of goals over the course of the football season!

Options, diverse options at that!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2015
Januzaj to BvB. Hope we're getting a player from them or is this man still on his trimming philosophy without replacement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
ElFenomeno1

There's a big difference between relying on your CF to score goals and your CF not scoring goals when the opportunity presents itself

Our CF has had the most chances to score in the league than anybody else in the team

Get that

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
dopeJemi:
ElFenomeno1
There's a big difference between relying on your CF to score goals and your CF not scoring goals when the opportunity presents itself
Our CF has had the most chances to score in the league than anybody else in the team
Get that
Yes I understand that.... When your CF is not scoring goals, why not focus on other options within the team?
And when your CF is not scoring, are there no a range of things that can be done to help him?
You see I thin Rooney needs a fu..cking spell on the bench.... It will do him a world of good.... A spell or an holiday somewhere in the sun for a few days!
Its a rotten run of form and poor showing which doesn't necessarily mean he is down and out!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2017) (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Rarre, CallTheCops(m), segzysexy(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.