Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8744660 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
Keky still gets an audience here? I guess boredom sha. International break na bastard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
MrTA:
Keky still gets an audience here? I guess boredom sha. International break na bastard.

keky has repented!

ElFenomeno1:

i wont be surprised if wenger feels the same way i feel about Martial
we got West Bromwich away.... should be an easy 3 pointer. grin

west brom away? isn't that tony pulis? i forsee an upset. wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 7:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
angry

Oh pharaoh of the skies! Protect thy "martial and lingaard" from any sort of injuries whatsoever during these internationals! Epl beckons.....although accept the gift of 'the sacrificial rooney' in their place! Ohmmm!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
i wont be surprised if wenger feels the same way i feel about Martial we got West Bromwich away.... should be an easy 3 pointer. grin
draw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
funlord:
angry

Oh pharaoh of the skies! Protect thy "martial and lingaard" from any sort of injuries whatsoever during these internationals! Epl beckons.....although accept the gift of 'the sacrificial rooney' in their place! Ohmmm!!!!
Abeg remind Pharaoh not to forget to protect Smalling too o

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
U're just looking for mentions this evening!! Oya mention another 21 yr old that is better dan Martial right now.
Oh wait! I know u'll say Sterling. Is Sterling being played out of position every week?? Wen Martial played as a CF, he delivered goals almost every match day.
I dont agree with wat Raumdeuter has said. But saying Martial is not the best U-21 in d league presently is just pure unrefined nonsense.

Dont even restrict him to U-21.

How many U-25 are better than Martial right now? Based on the play between September and now, How many players are better than martial

Nothing would give me more joy than to see a Man utd player especially bought for such huge amount fail but its looking like the guy might end up being a very good player and one of the best in his generation
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
Keky:
yes, He is not the best based on potential, Bellerin IS. Satisfied?
hahahahahahahaha, clown of the century
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
raumdeuter:

Dont even restrict him to U-21.

How many U-25 are better than Martial right now? Based on the play between September and now, How many players are better than martial

Nothing would give me more joy than to see a Man utd player especially bought for such huge amount fail but its looking like the guy might end up being a very good player and one of the best in his generation

Lukaku is very easily better than Martial.
Is it beans to have 100 career goals by the age of 21? Over 60 in the EPL btw...

Kane as well.

Even Ayoze Perez is a strong contender.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

Is it beans to have 100 career goals by the age of 21? Over 60 in the EPL btw...

Kane as well.

Forget kane.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

Kane as well.

Martial has more in his arsenal than Lukaku Kane and Perez together

He is good with his feet and can take one on one. Lukaku can only beat opponents by pushing or hauling them to the ground. His footwork is worse than a cripple.

See how Martial dealt with Kompany and Sagna in the Manchester derby, see how Martial erased Matthias Ginter from the road vs Germany?

I have never been impressed with an EPL young player the way I am with Martial and given that I was one of those who laughed at the deal

Lukaus option in those scenarios would be to push them away

Kane? I am not sure he is even better than Vardy.

When was the last time you saw a Young striker, good in air, good in shot placing, has the necesary pace, can pick his spot and throw a correct step over to remove his defender from the road

Even Henry wasnt this good at 19
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
raumdeuter:

He is good with his feet and can take one on one. Lukaku can only beat opponents by pushing or hauling them to the ground. His footwork is worse than a cripple.

See how Martial dealt with Kompany and Sagna in the Manchester derby, see how Martial erased Matthias Ginter from the road vs Germany?

I have never been impressed with an EPL young player the way I am with Martial and given that I was one of those who laughed at the deal

When was the last time you saw a Young striker, good in air, good in shot placing, has the necesary pace, can pick his spot and throw a correct step over to remove his defender from the road

Rooney at 18 was arguably better..He was a force of nature, maybe without the trickery, but he had everything else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

Kane as well.

beef aside, you are a fool!
lukaku is better than martial? jam body lukaku better than martial? cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
raumdeuter:

Lukaku has 100+ goals at club level and has 41 caps for Belgium at the age of 22

He has 7 goals and 4 assists in 12 league appearances this season. That's 11 goals in 12 games

Dribbling is not the same as Ability.

As a striker, there is no comparison.

Okocha could dribble more, shoot more and was more Physically imposing than Riquelme...

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhelake: 8:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
raumdeuter:

The parts bolded are stories ooooo, you shouldnt even argue that, Come the end of the season or by December as you stated earlier, then their stats will speak for them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
coogar:

You are a donkeyfucker

What has Martial done to even warrant comparison to Lukaku?

Lukaku would start at Manyoo so I don't know what is throbbing your cocck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

Lukaku has 100+ goals at club level and has 41 caps for Belgium at the age of 22

He has 7 goals and 4 assists in 12 league appearances this season. That's 11 goals in 12 games

Dribbling is not the same as Ability.

As a striker, there is no comparison.

Okocha could dribble more, shoot more and was more Physically imposing than Riquelme...

lukaku starting his career much earlier does not mean he's good. what's wrong with your reasoning? owen must be better than van nistelrooy from your logic.

if martial has been playing as a CF throughout this season, he woulda scored many more goals than he has. he has a better football sense than lukaku. in short, he's better than lukaku at everything.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
darefestus:

Rooney at 18 was arguably better..He was a force of nature, maybe without the trickery, but he had everything else.

Rooney @ 18 was very good with pace to burn and energy to run around for 180mins but there is something about Martial's calmness on the field and his ability to change pace and beat defenders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

You are a donkeyfucker

What has Martial done to even warrant comparison to Lukaku?

Lukaku would start at Manyoo so I don't know what is throbbing your cocck

lukaku wouldn't start ahead of rooney at united, you sheep shaggër! lukaku is the black phil jones in a CF position. lukaku is so good, he's playing at everton. cheesy

olabode89:

Rooney @ 18 was very good with pace to burn and energy to run around for 180mins but there is something about Martial's calmness on the field and his ability to change pace and beat defenders.

rooney is the only teenage striker in the history of modern football that is better than the current martial. rooney was a freak of nature! he was so good with & without the ball & when he got angry on the pitch, he massively destroyed defences!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
coogar:

Effective jam body is not a bad trait for a striker in a 2nd tier club. Lukaku's numbers are more impressive than those of Martial at 19, although Lukaku started playing at around 16 in a weak Belgian league.
Martial has the required tools to be a top class CF but he needs to show some consistency over 2 to 3 years.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
olabode89:

Such revisionism.

The pace wasnt all that Rooney had, he also had power, strenght, and eye for a pass, goals, free-kicks..He was the complete package.

I love Martial, but a few aspects of his game like his short passing and shooting outside the box still needs work. His dribbles are also not the most aesthetically pleasing, he sort of just gets the ball away from the defender (a bit like Suarez in that regard) without being in any real control of it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
olabode89:

Effective jam body is not a bad trait for a striker in a 2nd tier club. Lukaku's numbers are more impressive than those of Martial at 19, although Lukaku started playing at around 16 in a weak Belgian league.
Martial has the required tools to be a top class CF but he needs to show some consistency over 2 to 3 years.

that's a punchline! grin
the numbers don't mean anything if we don't consider the level of opposition. the belgian league is worse than our nigerian league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2015
Lukaku is a good striker though.undecided better than kane nd perez.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
coogar:

lukaku wouldn't start ahead of rooney at united, you sheep shaggër! lukaku is the black phil jones in a CF position. lukaku is so good, he's playing at everton. cheesy

rooney is the only teenage striker in the history of modern football that is better than the current martial. rooney was a freak of nature! he was so good with & without the ball & when he got angry on the pitch, he massively destroyed defences!

Was Martial not at a club at the age of 16? Why didn't he get picked?

Lukaku was playing 1st team football at 16, and was the highest goal scorer in Belgium by the age of 17 when Anderlect won the title.

What has Martial even done?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
weedtaker:
Lukaku is a good striker though.undecided better than kane nd perez.

No he isnt better than Kane.

There is more to a Striker than being built like a rock, there are aspects of Kane's game Lukaku cannot even approach like Vision and awareness..Lukaku is good for the like of Everton, Kane is top 4 material IMO.

Perez isnt even a striker..more a wide forward so that doesnt count.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
olabode89:

Lukaku was the same age as Martial when he scored 17 league goals for West Brom

His first season for Everton he scored against every team in the top 4 bar Chelsea who he was ineligible to face.

I guess that 2nd tier opposition
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

Lukaku was the same age as Martial when he scored 17 league goals for West Brom

His first season for Everton he scored against every team in the top 4 bar Chelsea who he was ineligible to face.

I guess that 2nd tier opposition

You are missing the point.

There are other metrics used to measure a 'good striker' aside goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

Was Martial not at a club at the age of 16? Why didn't he get picked?

Lukaku was playing 1st team football at 16, and was the highest goal scorer in Belgium by the age of 17 when Anderlect won the title.

What has Martial even done?

grin
Martial at 16 was at Lyon a club where they had other top prospects. Lukaku is a good striker, very effective in the air and a master of the "body jamming art". He was able to start playing 1st team football because ;
1. His physical attributes as a striker were better than those of Martial at 16
2. He was in the Belgian league that has a much lower quality compared to the French Ligue 1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
darefestus:

Just as there are other metrics used to measure a keeper other than saves and clean sheets.

It doesn't take away from the fact that a striker's primary job is to score goals, and Lukaku scores goals..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
grin

"Lukaku aiyegbeni?" The legendary wrestler/foward that lacks the requisite "ball sense" needed 2 spear head the shekpites attack hence the reason why he got discarded like a babies used nappies? Better than martial?

Now I've read everything! Lmfao!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
olabode89:

grin
Martial at 16 was at Lyon a club where they had other top prospects. Lukaku is a good striker, very effective in the air and a master of the "body jamming art". He was able to start playing 1st team football because ;
2. He was in the Belgian league that has a much lower quality compared to the French Ligue 1

60% of Lukaku's goals have been scored in England.

I'm sure that's much lower quality than the French league as well...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
olabode89:

grin

don't take nihilist serious!
he's a serial troll. anyone that compares belgian league to the french league must have had his head bashed on a pavement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
darefestus:

I actually understand Nihilist's points with regards to Lukaku. Take nothing away from him, he is a good striker with impressive numbers but he lacks the technical ability to play for a tier 1 club.

For tier 2 clubs and below , goals are very important but when u start looking towards tier 1, ability to hold up play, beat defenders and pass the ball effectively are important.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Sportsweb, lateefGRDT(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.