Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,669 members, 7,820,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8745118 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

Just as there are other metrics used to measure a keeper other than saves and clean sheets.

It doesn't take away from the fact that a striker's primary job is to score goals, and Lukaku scores goals..

No one has called Martial a better goal-scorer than Lukaku or vice-versa.

Scoring goals alone was only lauded in the 80s.
Football has evolved, a striker has as much créative responsibility as the guy playing behind him, thats why Beatie and Defoe wont be called 'top-players' because they lack the requirments of modern day forwards.

Lukaku is also in that class, a solid PL striker, capable of getting 20+ goals a season with nothing else to show for it - the likes of Martial trascends that, while they are able to score goals, they are also able to create chances for themselves and team mates.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
olabode89:

I actually understand Nihilist's points with regards to Lukaku. Take nothing away from him, he is a good striker with impressive numbers but he lacks the technical ability to play for a tier 1 club.

For tier 2 clubs and below , goals are very important but when u start looking towards tier 1, ability to hold up play, beat defenders and pass the ball effectively are important.

That is a lie.

Lukaku was sold because Jose was a fool, not because of Lack of ability.

Diego Costa only scored 2 more goals than him all comps last season.

Lukaku is not good enough for Tier 1 but Juve are reportedly looking to splash out 55 million for his services?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
Lukaku is trying but he's not the kind of CF that makes it to the top i.e someone to be mentioned among the greats simply cuz his main weapon is jam-body.

& who says Lukaku will start for Man United? smh embarassed

Martial will almost certainly achieve more @ their respective careers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
darefestus:

No he isnt better than Kane.

There is more to a Striker than being built like a rock, there are aspects of Kane's game Lukaku cannot even approach like Vision and awareness..Lukaku is good for the like of Everton, Kane is top 4 material IMO.

Perez isnt even a striker..more a wide forward so that doesnt count.
nope, lukaku is more of a top4 materiaL than kane. Lukaku has PACE&PAWA and can also beat his man when faced one on one (with damn good step_overs), not forgeting he's also a good freekick taker. And also a good header of the ball, Kane might have the vission but he doesn't have pace, he can't beat his man when faced one on one.. He can't drible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

That is a lie.

Lukaku is not good enough for Tier 1 but Juve are reportedly looking to splash out 55 million for his services?

Time will tell...

He can also prove me wrong. Also he is still a young chap who can improve his game with the right coaching.

I am actually a fan of his effective bulldozer style.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
darefestus:

No one has called Martial a better goal-scorer than Lukaku or vice-versa.

Scoring goals alone was only lauded in the 80s.
Football has evolved, a striker has as much créative responsibility as the guy playing behind him, thats why Beatie and Defoe wont be called 'top-players' because they lack the requirments of modern day forwards.

Lukaku is also in that class, a solid PL striker, capable of getting 20+ goals a season with nothing else to show for it - the likes of Martial trascends that, while they are able to score goals, they are also able to create chances for themselves and team mates.

You're just playing with Semantics here. What skill does Giroud have but he's striking for a Tier1 club.

What skill does Diego Costa have? Where is he? A Tier 1 club!

You can say Martial has more dribbling skills and close control, but that is not the work of a striker.

A strikers job is to score, and there is no relevant metric you can compare both nowhere Martial comes up trumps.

Are you kidding me? Has Martial even played 10 games for Manyoo?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
weedtaker:
nope, lukaku is more of a top4 materiaL than kane. Lukaku has PACE&PAWA and can also beat his man when faced one on one (with damn good step_overs), not forgeting he's also a good freekick taker. And also a good header of the ball, Kane might have the vission but he doesn't have pace, he can't beat his man when faced one on one.. He can't drible.
ta lon so be? shocked shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist has always hated/beefed Martial. No be today. So i'm not surprised.

Lukaku had 17 goals for West Brom. Was Lukaku played out of position in West Brom?? Has he ever been played out of position at his various clubs??

Lukaku is good. Why isn't he still at Chelsea poping in the goals for u guys??

Martial was on course to surpass the 17 goals Lukaku had scored for West Brom until he got shunted to the Left. Martial at CF for United would ve had close to 8 goals already. If not more sef.

We all saw wat he did to Skrtel in his first game. We all saw the Soton game(first goal). Abeg jare! Give the boy some breathing space
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
SailorXY:
Lukaku is trying but he's not the kind of CF that makes it to the top i.e someone to be mentioned among the greats simply cuz his main weapon is jam-body.
& who says Lukaku will start for Man United? smh embarassed
Martial will almost certainly achieve more @ their respective careers.
martial achieving more is yet to be seen, and who told you lukaku won't start for man.utd?? is rooney currently better than him??

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
olabode89:

Time will tell...

He can also prove me wrong. Also he is still a young chap who can improve his game with the right coaching.

I am actually a fan of his effective bulldozer style.

Prove you wrong?

You haven't even been proven right.

How can you compare Martial to a guy that scored 60 goals in 3 seasons in England between the age of 19 and 21?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
weedtaker:

Kane doesnt have pace and Lukaku does? Have you seen a Tothenham game this season?

Lukaku is the definition of lazy, strolling about the pitch, offering ziltch with his back to goal, average header of the ball, and overall very easy for 'strong' defenders to deal with.

Kane on the other hand has shown his heading poweress, maybe not a speedster but his acceleration is superb for someone his built, very good when backing off the defender as he can turn, pick a pass or even drive forward himself.

Both are about the same level with regards to Freekicks, but Kane's finishing has more variety to it, kane shades the header too, i've seen Kane beat towerinf defenders in the air (Something lukaku is too lazy to do).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
olabode89:

I actually understand Nihilist's points with regards to Lukaku. Take nothing away from him, he is a good striker with impressive numbers but he lacks the technical ability to play for a tier 1 club.

For tier 2 clubs and below , goals are very important but when u start looking towards tier 1, ability to hold up play, beat defenders and pass the ball effectively are important.
Someone gve dis man a crate of Orijin!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
DoubLe posT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
SailorXY:

ta lon so be? shocked shocked
i no de hear yoruba cheesy, but the bolded part na true naa, abi kane get pace? Can he beat his man de way lukaku does?, abi kane sabi dribble??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Nihilist has always hated/beefed Martial. No be today. So i'm not surprised.

Lukaku had 17 goals for West Brom. Was Lukaku played out of position in West Brom?? Has he ever been played out of position at his various clubs??

Lukaku is good. Why isn't he still at Chelsea poping in the goals for u guys??

Martial was on course to surpass the 17 goals Lukaku had scored for West Brom until he got shunted to the Left. Martial at CF for United would ve had close to 8 goals already. If not more sef.

We all saw wat he did to Skrtel in his first game. We all saw the Soton game(first goal). Abeg jare! Give the boy some breathing space

space?

Dayo said he is the best u-25 and that is a lie.

Jose sold Mata...He must not be good
We sold Sturridge...He must not be good

Debruyne must be useless too

Cech must be a wasteman.

You guys are funny though. Martial has 3 goals in England. Lukaku has almost 70

I don't even get the comparison

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

That is a lie.

christ!
why didn't jose sell drogba who has the same attributes as lukaku? truth is - lukaku is an average talent that got hyped by the substandard belgian league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
weedtaker:
martial achieving more is yet to be seen, and who told you lukaku won't start for man.utd?? is rooney currently better than him??
almost certainly isn't cast in stones, but from what i see in their respective armory i'm almost certain!
Lukaku won't start for Man United, not now not ever except Moyes was the manager. Show me that striker with Lukaku's style who you've watched lead Man United's attack!
Rooney himself should be on the bench, we all know that & why he's been featured.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:
Lukaku has 100+ goals at club level and has 41 caps for Belgium at the age of 22
He has 7 goals and 4 assists in 12 league appearances this season. That's 11 goals in 12 games
Dribbling is not the same as Ability.
As a striker, there is no comparison.
Okocha could dribble more, shoot more and was more Physically imposing than Riquelme...

At the age of 20 Kluivert had more goals than Nistelrooy

At the age of 21 no one knew Zidane. At 22 Drogba wasnt playing top flight football while players like Nii Odartey lamptey, Godwin Okpara were predicted to become WPOTY

Martial has a football sense and ability that is way above his age even though Lukaku has the advantage of starting earlier, I see Martial going further

In Martials contract, there is a Balon Dor clause, In Lukaku's I dont think anyone put a PFA winner clause in it

Thats because some people saw what the boy can

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Someone gve dis man a crate of Orijin!!

Bros abeg make dem bring Heineken or Carlsberg grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

You're just playing with Semantics here. What skill does Giroud have but he's striking for a Tier1 club.

What skill does Diego Costa have? Where is he? A Tier 1 club!

You can say Martial has more dribbling skills and close control, but that is not the work of a striker.

A strikers job is to score, and there is no relevant metric you can compare both nowhere Martial comes up trumps.

Are you kidding me? Has Martial even played 10 games for Manyoo?

Which Giroud? The same one thats being bench for Walcott? The same Arsenal who are in the hunt for a good Stiker?

With Diego costa, you get an even harder working Lukaku, soneone that could wear defenders out, average passer, faster and more experience at finding space in the box, Lukaku doesnt have these, its not even rocket science.

Like i said, Strikers in the 80s and early 90s were purebred poachers, now you have to offer more than that, hence Lukaku being useless for top-teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
raumdeuter:

At the age of 21 no one knew Zidane. At 22 Drogba wasnt playing top flight football while players like Nii Odartey lamptey, Godwin Okpara were predicted to become WPOTY

Martial has a football sense and ability that is way above his age even though Lukaku has the advantage of starting earlier, I see Martial going further

In Martials contract, there is a Balon Dor clause, In Lukaku's I dont think anyone put a PFA winner clause in it

End of discussion...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
raumdeuter:

this is how you send a nihilist to the afterlife. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
weedtaker:
i no de hear yoruba cheesy, but the bolded part na true naa, abi kane get pace? Can he beat his man de way lukaku does?, abi kane sabi dribble??
ok o i think say you be yoruba man. as na yoruba be the next official language for this sport section undecided
Lukaku is lazy by the way, i'll pick both Kane & Benteke ahead of him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
SailorXY:

almost certainly isn't cast in stones, but from what i see in their respective armory i'm almost certain!
Lukaku won't start for Man United, not now not ever except Moyes was the manager. Show me that striker with Lukaku's style who you've watched lead Man United's attack!
Rooney himself should be on the bench, we all know that & why he's been featured.
which striker do you know that has sparehead man.utd's attack dat shares de same style of play lyk dat of martiaL? You don 4get say yorke na bully cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

space?

Cech must be a wasteman.

Anyone that was not deemed good enuff 4 chelsea would never get a starting shirt @ united mate! Jose was a fool right? What contributions did lukaku make in any of chelseas trophy hunts while @ chelsea? He is as average as average gets!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Slimzjoe(m): 8:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

space?

Cech must be a wasteman.

Martial that has not even played 1 Full Season in the EPL?

They're Probably Arguing cos them Just Hate Anything that Comes out of chelsea grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
raumdeuter:

Once it comes to prediction then you are leaving the realm of facts.

Any fool can predict that Zouma will be a world class CB or that Hazard will win the WPOTY.

It is not even logical to predict that Martial will do better than Lukaku. Lukaku at 21 scored more goals in England than Rooney had at the same age.

Anyway we are talking facts not fiction. We cannot evaluate the accuracy of your prediction this very minute, but the facts are über accurate

And the fact is that Lukaku has scored almost 70 goals in England. Martial has 3.

Leave the predictions to TB Joshua.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
funlord:

Anyone that was not deemed good enuff 4 chelsea would never get a starting shirt @ united mate! Jose was a fool right? What contributions did lukaku make in any of chelseas trophy hunts while @ chelsea? He is as average as average gets!

Mata.

That is all.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Slimzjoe(m): 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
funlord:

There's no Point in what you're Saying Man. Lukaku Started Regularly under AVB but the next Manager didn't Fancy him and then he had to Go on Loan and Refused to Sit on the chelsea's Killer Bench.
Is that Wrong undecided him no still bang Goals for Other teams ni??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
darefestus:

Which Giroud? The same one thats being bench for Walcott? The same Arsenal who are in the hunt for a good Stiker?

With Diego costa, you get an even harder working Lukaku, soneone that could wear defenders out, average passer, faster and more experience at finding space in the box, Lukaku doesnt have these, its not even rocket science.

Like i said, Strikers in the 80s and early 90s were purebred poachers, now you have to offer more than that, hence Lukaku being useless for top-teams.

Another Lie.

Costa that has only scored more than 10 goals in a season on 2 occasions in his career. Lukaku has done it at least 5 times.

Lukaku has better passing, is dispossessed less, and has the added advantage of not being a psychopath.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:
Once it comes to prediction then you are leaving the realm of facts.
Any fool can predict that Zouma will be a world class CB or that Hazard will win the WPOTY.
It is not even logical to predict that Martial will do better than Lukaku. Lukaku at 21 scored more goals in England than Rooney had at the same age.
Anyway we are talking facts not fiction. We cannot evaluate the accuracy of your prediction this very minute, but the facts are über accurate
And the fact is that Lukaku has scored almost 70 goals in England. Martial has 3.
Leave the predictions to TB Joshua.

See as nihilist turn philosopher on top my head

Well there are no guarantees in life, Martial can cop a career ending injury, He might become undisciplined and party his career away

but there is a reason people see 2 youngsters and take a punt on them Martial has not done anything to deserve 60M but someone valued him and paid the amount on him because they saw something unique

Anyway this is better as a discussion on this thread than what we have been getting earlier
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
darefestus:

Kane doesnt have pace and Lukaku does? Have you seen a Tothenham game this season?
Lukaku is the definition of lazy, strolling about the pitch, offering ziltch with his back to goal, average header of the ball, and overall very easy for 'strong' defenders to deal with.

Kane on the other hand has shown his heading poweress, maybe not a speedster but his acceleration is superb for someone his built, very good when backing off the defender as he can turn, pick a pass or even drive forward himself.
Both are about the same level with regards to Freekicks, but Kane's finishing has more variety to it, kane shades the header too, i've seen Kane beat towerinf defenders in the air (Something lukaku is too lazy to do).
kane doesn't have pace, i've watched tottenham games dis season.. He has been shitty before the bournemouth game, [no 4getting how shitty bournemouth defence is] lukaku has been the better striker this season imo! When it comes to freekick kane de learn for where lukaku de naa, lukaku can shoot and has good shot accuracy than kane, he makes good use of his feet [both] than kane does.. He might lyk spending most of his time in the opostions 18yrd box, but i think its down to how/where the coach wants him to play.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: iamoyindamola(m), hitan(m), eghos12(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.