Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8673106 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) (2394) (2395) ... (14141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

We keep losing these boys to England.

I'm so annoyed with Oliseh for not getting this guy.

I'm annoyed with myself too sha, cos if my boy ever goes Professional, I would slap him even he dares consider playing for Super Eagles.

Do you know the guys dad? He looks like one guy I know in Houston.

You dey talk of your son, Even me sef, If dem invite me now, Why would I play for Nigeria?
Why would anyone want to play for Nigeria? What benefit does it hold
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

Rooney did not have 103 goals at 22
Rooney had 94. Close enough
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
raumdeuter:

How many times do I tell you that some teams are friendly champions while some win the real championship

England would be flawlessin qualifiers only to reach tournament and they are opened up like Ashi

Or Arsenal that dominate pre season, win trebles in pre season and get wasted in real season

This is a new England team Brah. Ready to take on all and sundry. No worries we go jam una Nazis at the Euros next year
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 10:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
coogar:

rooney is the only teenage striker in the history of modern football that is better than the current martial. rooney was a freak of nature! he was so good with & without the ball & when he got angry on the pitch, he massively destroyed defences!

grin grin grin grin More like the most overrated Teenage striker in modern football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Rooney had 94. Close enough

So Lukaku has more goals than Rooney had at his age but you lot still feel Martial is better?

And Dayo is still pretending to be Octopus Paul with the silly predictions?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
raumdeuter:

Do you know the guys dad? He looks like one guy I know in Houston.

You dey talk of your son, Even me sef, If dem invite me now, Why would I play for Nigeria?
Why would anyone want to play for Nigeria? What benefit does it hold

Lol how I wan take know Mr Alli Na? cheesy

Na everybody you Sabi for Houston?

Mehn, SE are bleeped. They don't even play allowance to their players.

And no medical treatment too. You could break your ankle on international duty and Naija physio will try to treat it with iodine...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

So Lukaku has more goals than Rooney had at his age but you lot still feel Martial is better?

Are u not the one bringing things dat happened 3-5 yrs ago??

The initial arguement was best U-25 this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

And no medical treatment too. You could break your ankle on international duty and Naija physio will try to treat it with iodine...

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Are u not the one bringing things dat happened 3-5 yrs ago??

The initial arguement was best U-25 this season

Yes and this season Lukaku has 7 goals and 4 assists in 12 apps. That's contributing 11 goals in 12 apps

What is Martial's?

I'm just wondering how you can compare Martial with his 15 career goal total to Lukaku and his 103 goals...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
chic2pimp:
This is a new England team Brah. Ready to take on all and sundry. No worries we go jam una Nazis at the Euros next year

No be today una dey yarn that nonsense. New team everytime yet no trophy to show

Euro Na France Spain Germany
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
funlord:

Nope! Mata was sold because he lacked the affinity for your teams love of "bus parking jogo bonito"! I believe he was your teams current 2 time player of the year when he was sold innit?

He had 2 jump @ the chance when he got an offer 2 join a team who was / is "more concerned with scoring goals as opposed 2 stopping goals"! WE gave him a platform 2 express himself! WE let smalling, jones, rojo, shaw, dharmian and mc nair do the defending! NOT MATA!!!

Where do you guys get these sizzling hot conjectures from?

Mata have been enjoying the 'park-the-bus' style since 2012 under RDM. How come the love for the approach was automatically lost under JM?

Mata was ready to fight for his place under Jose, surf the web to confirm. He was part of the blue family, and never wanted to leave. Check up the emotional farewell letter he wrote to the blues' fans.

It was Jose's decision to sell him, not the other way round.

Moreover, Chelsea have outscored manyoo in the league over the past two seasons. So your claim that Mata jumped at the chance of playing with a team that scores goals doesn't even hold water by any stretch of imagination.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4nobody4every1: 10:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 10:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nihilist:

grin grin

From McKinney to Houston to Germany... shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
Griffon:

Moreover, Chelsea have outscored manyoo in the league over the past two seasons. So your claim that Mata jumped at the chance of playing with a team that scores goals doesn't even hold water by any stretch of imagination.
United has been in turmoil the past two years for obvious reasons. doesn't say much as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 10:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
SailorXY:

United has been in turmoil the past two years for obvious reasons. doesn't say much as well.

A team in turmoil would find it hard to score goals, that's quite simple for Mata to grasp.

So the claim that he jumped at the chance of playing for manyoo - a team in turmoil, is an absolute hogwash. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
Griffon:

A team in turmoil would find it hard to score goals, that's quite simple for Mata to grasp.

So the claim that he jumped at the chance of playing for manyoo - a team in turmoil, is an absolute hogwash. cheesy
the other angle is that the Jungle King doesn't eat grass.

it doesn't matter if Leicester City wins the league this season, everybody know it won't be the norm. United can remain in the pits for two seasons & the public still know its a matter of time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
I like Lukaku

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by fredoooooo: 11:16pm On Nov 17, 2015
chic2pimp:

3 cats tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 11:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
SailorXY:

it doesn't matter if Leicester City wins the league this season, everybody know it won't be the norm. United can remain in the pits for two seasons & the public still know its a matter of time.

The other angle you say, but I'm look at facts brah.

Lest you forget, Ajax were once an European powerhouse, and Liverpool, once the king of England.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
Griffon:

The other angle you say, but I'm look at facts brah.

Lest you forget, Ajax were once an European powerhouse, and Liverpool, once the king of England.
that "other angle" is also fact!
Such changes happen over a decade, not even five years.

Man City is still tagged underdogs in Europe, it will take a while to shake off despite the knowledge they can be just as dangerous on their day.

Clubs like Porto or Dortmund mounting a challenge in UCL will be waved off despite they've done it before but Juventus will be taken less lightly despite their "relegated" tag.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:52pm On Nov 17, 2015

Lukaku is 22 years?

E be like say no be only Africans dey do age cheat.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
Well, Martial is injured. Thanks International football. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by babatundeizbad(m): 12:00am On Nov 18, 2015
Nihilist:

When you really look at his career stats, Rooney is not as impressive a forward as he is being projected by the press. If Lukaku was English, he will have more hype and respect than rooney.
But this Martial guy sha, everybody is happy with him but we all know one season does not make a career. Hell, he's not even played 6 months. But for man u's sake I hope he keeps developing, cos with his confidence and "maturity" at just 19 years we just may have one of the biggest stars for the future on our hands.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 12:01am On Nov 18, 2015
SailorXY:

It's statements like these that make me love you, no homo grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 12:02am On Nov 18, 2015
elampiro:

Lukaku is 22 years?

E be like say no be only Africans dey do age cheat.

He was born and raised in Belgium. He is 22
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:03am On Nov 18, 2015
MrTA:
Well, Martial is injured. Thanks International football. angry
Na true o
He was reported leaving wembley in crutches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:10am On Nov 18, 2015
Odunharry:
I like Lukaku
Na fine striker. Lukaku,kDB and juan Mata At least our own mistake dey play overseas makes it bearable wan kain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:12am On Nov 18, 2015
Nihilist:

Lukaku played as a lone striker.

Rooney played mostly behind a striker, even had time in the wing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:22am On Nov 18, 2015

I think Rooney enjoyed a good game today. He played in the left wing but occasionally changed position with Sterling who was on the right. At the end it looked like a fluid three AMs behind Kane as neither Rooney nor Sterling played as a traditional winger.

Rooney could have made it one nil after good movement to send the defender the wrong way but his shot from just outside the box was narrowly wide.

Shortly he gave an Assist for Alli's goal. Then made good runs to find space for himself in the box a couple of times but his teams mates were always head buried.

Finally Sterling was able to pick him with a cross and Rooney arriving had his first time shot too hot for the keeper to stop.

Kudos to the Three Lions. I think they have a strong team. Since becoming captain, Rooney has not lost a game when started.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 12:24am On Nov 18, 2015
elampiro:

Lukaku played as a lone striker.

Rooney played mostly behind a striker, even had time in the wing.

Don't go there Abeg...

Coogar is back. I'm not trying to take his place
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:32am On Nov 18, 2015
Nihilist:

Don't go there Abeg...

Coogar is back. I'm not trying to take his place

That's a fact. You cannot use a lone striker to compare someone who played in the attacking midfield.

At Everton he had two or three established strikers ahead of him. At United he had Smith and Nistelrooy ahead of him. He initially started from the wing on his arrival before he was later moved behind a striker. Later he had to play behind Saha, Tevez. At best he was in a fluid three. His striking time was very much limited.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:41am On Nov 18, 2015
That Alli really played well from midfield. The through pass to Sterling after winning the ball was fine, and it led to the second goal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) (2394) (2395) ... (14141) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Nathz101(m), DeadPresidents, ChristoBam and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.