Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,666 members, 7,813,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8692109 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) (2652) (2653) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 8:28am On Feb 09, 2016
SailorXY:
Matic is a classic case of luck so far.
How he managed to have a good season & plays like a dumbo all of a sudden is why we must mellow in chasing some of kind players in the transfer market.

All these Kante & co must be allowed to replicate whatever they are doing now next campaign before any bid is submitted. Let's only target trusted players or raw talents under the radar.

While some may actually be good players, the majority of them dey use jazz win big contracts undecided

Hope you know Matic was the best player in Portuguese league....For a DM that's no fluke
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 8:56am On Feb 09, 2016
If the Pochentino rumours arew true then United has got a real deal.

He is better than Mourinho, cool headed, young, hungry and can use young players.

I hope Woodward would't see this. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:57am On Feb 09, 2016
patrickmuf:
Hello guys, check out the highlights of our U21 team vs Norwich, Depay, Pereira, Fosu Mensah and Will Keane were very impressive...
Will Keane sco9red a Cantona esque goal and Depay did all we've been waiting for him to do with the first team...

Where is the link to the highlight?

Meanwhile, Mephis torn to pieces by fans. Rooney coming to his defence saying other things happened from when Mephis gave the ball away to when we conceded.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:59am On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

Where is the link to the highlight?

Meanwhile, Mephis torn to pieces by fans. Rooney coming to his defence saying other things happened from when Mephis gave the ball away to when we conceded.
Youtube...Search for the highlight of the match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:05am On Feb 09, 2016
Spy360:

He is better than Mourinho, cool headed, young, hungry and can use young players.

How is he better than Mourinho? We will be doing 'try your lucky with him' . Going round circles while someone who can guarantee success is waiting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:16am On Feb 09, 2016
Manchester United have been dealt another blow as both Adnan Januzaj and Guillermo Varela suffered injuries while playing for the U21s in a 7-0 win over Norwich.

Januzaj suffered what appeared to be a hamstring injury, and although he initially attempted to carry on, the 21-year-old was eventually substituted with 33 minutes gone.

And right-back Varela, who has made four appearances for the senior side this term, followed the Belgium international down the tunnel after suffering a muscular injury.

Memphis Depay started for United as Louis van Gaal and Ryan Giggs were both in attendance for the match at Old Trafford.

Uniteds scorers were W.Keane (5), Pereira, and Fosu-Mensah. Depay made 3 assists.

[Source: M.E.N] #MUFC #U21

Too bad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:28am On Feb 09, 2016
Ajax youth coach Ronald de Boer says Juan Mata isn't good enough for Manchester United.

He speaks to Van Gaal on a regular basis – but that has not stopped him casting a critical eye over United.

He said: “Louis has very few players who can make the difference at United. When I look at Bayern Munich, for example, they have a player in almost every position who really stands out.

"Juan Mata is just not good enough to carry the team when it comes to attacking. He is more the type who has to work for the real big players."

[Source: Tribal Football] #MUFC #Mata
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 11:11am On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

So how come Rooney has contributed to 9 of our last 11 goals?

He had 2 shots on target yesterday. It doesnt matter where he took them. His goals this season are mostly from inside the box.

If not that Blind slipped Costa would have ended the match with one shot on target. It meant Ivanovic was more of a goal threat than Costa. Before the slip, Costa took 5 Shots and only 1 on target. So he was even worse shooting to nowhere.

Go figure, i have nt been impressed by costa's performances despite scoring for us. So also rooney as CF. May be you are one of those who thought rooney was man of the match against chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
airmark:

Go figure, i have nt been impressed by costa's performances despite scoring for us. So also rooney as CF. May be you are one of those who thought rooney was man of the match against chelsea.

And you refused to see where I mentioned DeGea and Courtois as men of the match. You started an argument over nothing. From a striker must always score, to bla bla bla......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 1:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

How is he better than Mourinho? We will be doing 'try your lucky with him' . Going round circles while someone who can guarantee success is waiting.
He is better because his teams play better football than Mou's teams.

Besides, Man United's squad need an overhaul, which LvG couldn't achieve after spending £300m. Mou would require a similar amount, Poch wouldn't need an overhaul.

Mourinho does not do kids, Poch knows how to develop kids which is an integral part of United's philosophy as a club.

Mourinho has won titles, he is still basking in the euphoria of past glory, Poch is young and hungry, he would die to win titles at United.

Finally, looking at what both have achieved recently, with Tottenham showing remarkable consistency despite having lesser quality compared to Mou's Chelsea, it can be argued that with better materials Poch will achieve more.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 1:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:
Ajax youth coach Ronald de Boer says Juan Mata isn't good enough for Manchester United.

He speaks to Van Gaal on a regular basis – but that has not stopped him casting a critical eye over United.

He said: “Louis has very few players who can make the difference at United. When I look at Bayern Munich, for example, they have a player in almost every position who really stands out.

"Juan Mata is just not good enough to carry the team when it comes to attacking. He is more the type who has to work for the real big players."

Lame excuse, if he isn't playing make him play that is why you are his coach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 2:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

And you refused to see where I mentioned DeGea and Courtois as men of the match. You started an argument over nothing. From a striker must always score, to bla bla bla......

Have made my point that he has improved from irritating forms of the past especially his poor first touch. But still needs to do more as a CF. If Suarez is not scoring at least you'll see him forcing saves from inside the box. Not making senseless lob . Lingard n martial made the best attempts not Rooney .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
Spy360:

Besides, Man United's squad need an overhaul, which LvG couldn't achieve after spending £300m. Mou would require a similar amount, Poch wouldn't need an overhaul.

Mourinho does not do kids, Poch knows how to develop kids which is an integral part of United's philosophy as a club.

Mourinho has won titles, he is still basking in the euphoria of past glory, Poch is young and hungry, he would die to win titles at United.

Finally, looking at what both have achieved recently, with Tottenham showing remarkable consistency despite having lesser quality compared to Mou's Chelsea, it can be argued that with better materials Poch will achieve more.

Thanks.

What Poch is doing at Tottenham is what David Moyes was doing at Everton. Everything you said about him could be said about Moyes at Everton, except Moyes had a leaner budget.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
Spy360:

Lame excuse, if he isn't playing make him play that is why you are his coach.

Which coach are you referring to?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
airmark:

Have made my point that he has improved from irritating forms of the past especially his poor first touch. But still needs to do more as a CF. If Suarez is not scoring at least you'll see him forcing saves from inside the box. Not making senseless lob . Lingard n martial made the best attempts not Rooney .

Even Suarez too sometimes makes senseless lobs. And a striker doesn't have to make the best attempts in every match. Ivanovic made the best attempt for Chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
Spy360:

Thanks.
You really think United would run to a coach like Pocketino after Moyes?? If he's dat hungry for titles, let him go and win it at Arsenal....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
Spy360:

Hahahaha...Comments like this just make me chuckle.Better than Mourinho Seriously??.Better in what sense please?Don't tell me that doing well with Tottenham rubbish! Koeman was doing well with Southampton too last season.We av no more time for experimenting with managerial appointments.We av done that twice already and see where we are.This is the time to bring in an experienced,serial winner to combat Pep and City and Pochettino as much as I like him is not that man.He has won nothing,proven nothing and done Nada so far in his career
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

He said: “Louis has very few players who can make the difference at United. [size=15pt]When I look at Bayern Munich, for example, they have a player in almost every position who really stands out.[/size]

Na we be the standard for them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

Even Suarez too sometimes makes senseless lobs. And a striker doesn't have to make the best attempts in every match. Ivanovic made the best attempt for Chelsea.

Costa scored , Rooney did not. Costa forced a great dying minute save from de gea, I can't remember Rooney's good attempt. Still Costa is not yet there , so why would I hail the opposing cf who was mostly looking for who to give the pass to or when he wanted to do it alone was making silly overhead kick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
This Liverpool fan is hilarious.

https://streamable.com/4o5x
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
Kemizee:

Hahahaha...Comments like this just make me chuckle.Better than Mourinho Seriously??.Better in what sense please?Don't tell me that doing well with Tottenham rubbish! Koeman was doing well with Southampton too last season.We av no more time for experimenting with managerial appointments.We av done that twice already and see where we are.This is the time to bring in an experienced,serial winner to combat Pep and City and Pochettino as much as I like him is not that man.He has won nothing,proven nothing and done Nada so far in his career
The man is yet to win anything here but You can't tag LvG an experiment. You no know wetin he don achieve for football?
Show respect abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
airmark:

Costa scored , Rooney did not. Costa forced a great dying minute save from de gea, I can't remember Rooney's good attempt. Still Costa is not yet there , so why would I hail the opposing cf who was mostly looking for who to give the pass to or when he wanted to do it alone was making silly overhead kick.

Rooney gave an Assist, and the game ended 1-1.

Rooney's shot on target caused Courtois to dive full length to push the ball into corner kick.

Without our slip, Costa would not have scored or contributed to any goal. Awoof goal.

According to whoscored, Rooney recorded more key attacking events than Costa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

Rooney's shot on target caused Courtois to dive full length to push the ball into corner kick.

Without our slip, Costa would not have scored or contributed to any goal. Awoof goal.

Elamps you no suppose dey argue with airmark. he no sabi anything for football aside posting gifs

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

This has always been my opinion. He's good but definitely not the kind of player Manchester United should rely on. The way I see it Mata will do well in Real Madrid or Barcelona team cos he would not be the main man there while in United he's the play maker... The one that makes things happen and who the team can rely on even during difficult times.... MATA is simply not that kind of player.

My opinion..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

Elamps you no suppose dey argue with airmark. he no sabi anything for football aside posting gifs

Lmao.. but that costa goal pain me die angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

Lol, rooney gave an assist that was as a result of his poor first touch which Lingard fed on. only robots and dayo will rate Rooney's performance ahead of Costa's. despite utd having a better possession especially in the first half. Instead of Rooney staying in pole position for better chances he would fall deep playing like an attacking midfielder . Technically he was supposed to be substituted. He caused serious problem for real attacking midfielders as he choked up space. Lvg must have cautioned him after the break, but no matter how you turn letter o it can't change its value, he started making silly solo decisions. His performance still remains a far cry from what a great CF should give . Rooney of Ferguson era would have scored a brace before half time. Well, enjoy your captain fantastica's recovery.

raumdeuter:

Coming from someone that didn't know 3 CMs could play a match until I lectured him. Someone that didn't know previous teams of a player would share in his transfer money, until I told him. Continue fooling yourself
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 9:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

Which coach are you referring to?
The coach being refered to by De boer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 9:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

What Poch is doing at Tottenham is what David Moyes was doing at Everton. Everything you said about him could be said about Moyes at Everton, except Moyes had a leaner budget.

You are right but Moyes made decision errors which cost him his job at United, LvG hasn't done better, despite havin the luxury of unlimited spending. United, I think was rash in sacking Moyes. But...

Poch isn't Moyes. He is even better. Really.

It is not for me to say, but I think Poch would be good at United. Better options lie outside EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
Give Pocchentino kids and he will finish 5th, take them to Europa and sell them to United.

Give LvG kids and he will promise you the title and UCL but end up finishing 10th then blame it on Woodward.

Give Klopp kids and he will beat Man City 4-0, draw 3-3 with Arsenal, lose 0-3 to Watford and leave you with a letter of apology.

Give Mourinho kids and he will resign, then begs Abram for a job at Chelsea because he sees Terry is still there but Emenalo won't let him.

Give Guardiola kids and he will complain of brain fatigue, go on sabatical and return when the kids are grown.

Give Wenger kids and he will finish 4th, then sell the players to Barcelona for £25m each and ask for more kids.

Give Fergie kids and he will give you a title after 2 seasons.

#UpFergie
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
airmark:

Lol, rooney gave an assist that was as a result of his poor first touch which Lingard fed on. only robots and dayo will rate Rooney's performance ahead of Costa's. despite utd having a better possession especially in the first half. Instead of Rooney staying in pole position for better chances he would fall deep playing like an attacking midfielder . Technically he was supposed to be substituted. He caused serious problem for real attacking midfielders as he choked up space. Lvg must have cautioned him after the break, but no matter how you turn letter o it can't change its value, he started making silly solo decisions. His performance still remains a far cry from what a great CF should give . Rooney of Ferguson era would have scored a brace before half time. Well, enjoy your captain fantastica's recovery.

Whoscored rated Rooney the Man of the Match. It uses opta stat as its base for Rating. Rooney did more right things in attacking zone than Costa, that was why he had that rating. Rooney doesnt have to stay in the box always. Manchester United is not set up to play like that. Martial doesnt stay in the box while playing as number 9 for us. Our number 9 also involves in build up just like Madrid set up their 9 since Ancelotti's era.

Secondly, Rooney's touch for Lingard was a perfect touch. It was intended. Masterstroke! You have not been watching Rooney recently, his touches have been classical. His back hill goal, his back hill flick pass exchange with Martial. All these were deliberate. You are a joke.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

No wonder, e no even sabi argue.

Make I leave am.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:
No wonder, e no even sabi argue.

Make I leave am.

He is among the people other chelsea fans call Shekpe fans on their thread, aka people with low football IQ

Elamps Do you support Man utd firing Van gaal and if they fire LvG who do you want to replace him with?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) (2652) (2653) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.