Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,556 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8777334 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2646) (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) (2652) ... (14175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:20am On Feb 08, 2016
2. However, the team is playing really well now. This makes me think Van Gaal could succeed if allowed a third season. Chelsea might be at the bottom part of the table, but it always a big game between the two.

We have to pray our injured players return quickly for the next games, while also praying that no new injuries, particularly to Smalling and Martial. My fear for the next games is our defence. Even when we play against Championship or league 1 teams they scare the hell out of our defence when they manage to get to our own third.

Let’s hope the players that will be returning from injuries would give us this stability at the back, because they also have to gain match rythm.

Except the injured players return, I would always suspect our ability to go on a winning streak. We need a solid centre back and a good bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:53am On Feb 08, 2016
3. On individual performance.

Considering how he has stayed fit, it's hard to tell Blind to go to the bench as a third cover for Jones and Rojo. But at this time we have to do the right things to ensure a strong finish. We need someone who can read and jump to head aerial balls away. Yesterday, Costa stretched to head a corner that fell on Blind. His lack of speed has also meant he puts us under threat every time he runs to contest a long ball to an opposing player. Yesterday he had to resort to foul to save himself against a ball that was originally his. But Blind has a great vision. His passing from defence is second to none. However, that doesn't compensate for his defensive weaknesses which puts us under pressure.

Jackson has done very well. His pace has covered so much for Blind on the left side. His combination with Martial makes me think Rojo should not be rushed back to the left back when he returns. He looks up to pick a pass whenever he has the ball. He runs when he is suppose to run, he opens up for a return pass. Most of his forward passes between two defenders wont be seen by Rojo.

Darmian is good. He is growing into the games. But his forward play is a great worry. He gets gifted with plenty of space to burst forward into the final third, but he doesn't have the speed.

Smalling has been consistent this season and thank God he has been fit. We are so lucky there because he used to go on and off with injuries in the course of a season.

Carrick and Fellaini. Except for their defensive liability, these two guys have been okay. Even though I would prefer Schneirdelin given a starting place, Fellaini has made some statements why he could also start.

Lingard, I will wait for Valencia to play behind him before I can judge his wing play. His eyes for goals justifies why he is starting. Plus Depay is not serious.

Mata, he is playing in his favourite number 10. With a run of games we will be able to see and say more about him. But so far so good. He is helping us in the passing and possession department.

Rooney is having a good time now. More shots, better ball retention and good overall play. His reactions are faster now. His league goals+assists in 2016 have equaled his figure for last year 2015. His dribbling is far far better. His ball control too. Let’s just say, he is sharper now.

Martial. He is now fully settled. More consistent in doing what he is known for. Could have had a great goal yesterday after dribbling his way through. Playing Jackson behind him appears to give him so much option too.

Martial is absolutely magnificent.

DDG = Tested and trusted.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
olabode89:

I mentioned it immediately after the match. It would have been an easy interception or he would have shadowed Costa away from the goal.

It was so pianful. If only Smalling was the one there. Also at that point I wondered what separated the two centre backs. We need to learn how to organize defence in different situations. In difficult situations, the two centre backs usually stick together while others go for tackles in wide areas. The defence was not kept water tight with right arrangement of men across our own third.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
elampiro:

Which match did you watch? Rooney was quiet in the first 25 minutes, then he ran the show from then on. He was tidy in possession even as Terry man marked him up and down. Set up good final third moves by picking team mates, fine dribbling in the final third, unlucky to have a last tackle stopped his fine dribbling on verge of facing the goal against the goalkeeper.

He gave the Assist to Lingard for our goal.

The chip you mentioned was a 50-50 decision, either to shoot or pass. He did well to beat his man to get into that position, but may be he should have passed.

As a CF what did he do yesterday and you're here writing epistle. He passed Ivanovic, which everyone now does, and was trying a chip in the box and before that was trying an overhead kick instead of giving Fellaini a through pass; things you'd caution kids like Lingard if they do. He and Mata were not pressing from front which allowed chelshit defenders to run with the ball to our half and the midfield getting outnumbered. Both are not leading the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
chrisley024:
As a CF what did he do yesterday and you're here writing epistle. He passed Ivanovic, which everyone now does, and was trying a chip in the box and before that was trying an overhead kick instead of giving Fellaini a through pass; things you'd caution kids like Lingard if they do. He and Mata were not pressing from front which allowed chelshit defenders to run with the ball to our half and the midfield getting outnumbered. Both are not leading the team.

He had the back to the goal in his overhead kick. I have not seen the action a second time, but sometimes in football your body tells you what to do in a fast situation.

Rooney did not only beat Ivanovic yesterday, he also dribble other players. At one point he he had gone past Terry and Cahil before Cahil last ditch tackle took away the ball. So don't rubbish his dribbling. Only William (5) had more dribbling than Rooney (4). No other United player had more than 1 dribbling. Martial had only 1 dribbling as recorded by Opta. You will have to completely displace your marker to have a successful dribble.

Yes he had another option to have picked Herrera who was coming at the edge of the box, but that can't count as a negative to his game yesterday. We have seen Martial done that selfish play over and over again, yet we forgive him. Even yesterday he had an option of picking Fellaini in the penalty spot area but he aimed for the near post. Even a short to far post could have seen Fellaini or Rooney having a tap in should it be going wide.

As for pressing for the ball, we didnt have that issue yesterday. Anyone who pressed for the ball yesterday would have been wasting time and energy. And I dont know how one or two players not pressing for the ball against three or four defenders makes us outnumbered in midfield. Instead we should outnumbere then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2016

As Rooney played yesterday people still dey complain. What would he have done? Must centre forward always score?

Rooney CF
Assist 1
Chances created 2
Shots 5
Shots on target 2
Dribbles 4

Defensive
Clearances 2
He was the one marking Terry in set plays. Terry as we know has a good aerial ability.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 1:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
SIRcumalot:
CFC IS GOING TO GET THE PIPE THIS EVENING
FELLANI GO SCORE WAN HEADER
ROONEY GO SCORE THE REMAINING GOALS.

Is there a rematch this evening? Oh i see. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Pataki:
See this weyrey team nitori olorun! Keep a single one goal lead......you cannot! angry

So you were dressed up ready for party on chelsea thread yesterday.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
elampiro:
2. However, the team is playing really well now. This makes me think Van Gaal could succeed if allowed a third season. Chelsea might be at the bottom part of the table, but it always a big game between the two.
NO! He should leave in the summer. He lacks motivation and guidance for his team. Though not his proponent, but a Jose's team would have come out of the game with 3 points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
elampiro Ur analysis are so so on point, nd concerning van gaal 4 de 3rd season, i think i'ld go with chrisley024, van gaaL gats leave after dis season comes to an end.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
Martial schooling Depay,does that means Henry is better than Ronaldo?
Just asking
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
chrisley024:
NO! He should leave in the summer. He lacks motivation and guidance for his team. Though not his proponent, but a Jose's team would have come out of the game with 3 points.

Yes, Mourinho cannot spend £250 million and not be contesting for the league or winning trophies in the second season.

My only fear is whether he can use these players to play his kind of game. These guys have started playing attractive football. But no be attractive football we go eat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 2:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
SailorXY:

LvG is a good manager but it just hasn't happened for him so far. He'll still make the top 4 tho.

I agree about moving on from next season.
I really hope we make top 4, because finishing out of top 4 twice in 3 years is a very terrible record that should be avoided. And now to move on from, we still don't know for certain who's gonna be our next manager or even if LVG is gonna move if he makes top 4.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
elampiro:

You will have to completely displace your marker to have a successful dribble.

elampiro:
[color=#000099]
As Rooney played yesterday people still dey complain. What would he have done? Must centre forward always score?

Technically speaking YES. But rooney has improved from his past wack performances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
airmark:

Technically speaking YES. But rooney has improved from his past wack performances.

So which centre forward scores in every match?

William tried there. He borrowed that from Nani.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
I have said it before and will reiterate that Van Gaal has been nothing short of a disaster in his time with us.All this talk of playing well is overstated.We had two wins against Stoke City and a non EPL side(Derby County) after an unbelievably horrible run of relegation-like form.Yesterday was the first test of this supposed Man united revival and we all saw what happened.Van gaal has failed to beat Chelsea home or away this season and this is a Chelsea side hovering between 13-15th in the table.A Chelsea team whom almost everyone has beaten or taken points off.He is an outdated,negative Manager who talks the talk but can't walk the walk.I want him out as soon as possible.As it stands,we won't be in the Champs league next season and yet some say he has done well after all the investments.He is an awful Manager who is feeding off past glories and I can't wait to drink some good champagne the day he is finally fired.Every other top club would have fired him a long time ago.We have left it too late!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 3:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
airmark:

hehehe.... Willian commot am from the path of the camera....lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
Mata was given MOTM yesterday.. I
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
elampiro:

So which centre forward scores in every match?

William tried there. He borrowed that from Nani.

A CF, who plays most of his balls outside of box 18 should not be taken serious. Martial and lingard were more ruthless in front of our goal than rooney yesterday. It is not about kicking balls to no where.

olabode89:

hehehe.... Willian commot am from the path of the camera....lol

Lol. The move reminds me of okocha. It pained me costa did not hustle well to slide home the pass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
By the time europa start LvG go confuse.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
codedguy1:
By the time europa start LvG go confuse.
getting knocked out early might be the only way to make top 4 cos where are the attackers/strikers for Europe, FA cup and league if not the same players yesterday?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Kemizee:
Van gaal has failed to beat Chelsea home or away this season and this is a Chelsea side hovering between 13-15th in the table.A Chelsea team whom almost everyone has beaten or taken points off.He is an outdated,negative Manager who talks the talk but can't walk the walk.I want him out as soon as possible.As it stands,we won't be in the Champs league next season and yet some say he has done well after all the investments.He is an awful Manager who is feeding off past glories and I can't wait to drink some good champagne the day he is finally fired.Every other top club would have fired him a long time ago.We have left it too late!!
This Chelsea beat Arsenal home and away
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
chrisley024:
If he manages to better last season's final placing, I don't see him leaving tbh.

There's still so much to play for obviously. The season may ultimately still be recorded as a success
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 7:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
SailorXY:

If he manages to better last season's final placing, I don't see him leaving tbh.

There's still so much to play for obviously. The season may ultimately still be recorded as a success

You people tackle Elamps on Rooney's mata...
Why you guys aren't doing the same to this guy is beyond me...
Eyan Philosopher
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
bigkesh:

You people tackle Elamps on Rooney's mata...
Why you guys aren't doing the same to this guy is beyond me...
Eyan Philosopher
? ? ? ? ? ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
Odunharry:
Mata was given MOTM yesterday.. I
Yes he was. And if u get the MOTM award in a big match lai dat, u must ve done something right. But some people ve refused not to see it dat way.......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
Matic is a classic case of luck so far.
How he managed to have a good season & plays like a dumbo all of a sudden is why we must mellow in chasing some of kind players in the transfer market.

All these Kante & co must be allowed to replicate whatever they are doing now next campaign before any bid is submitted. Let's only target trusted players or raw talents under the radar.

While some may actually be good players, the majority of them dey use jazz win big contracts undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
SailorXY:
Matic is a classic case of luck so far.
How he managed to have a good season & plays like a dumbo all of a sudden is why we must mellow in chasing some of kind players in the transfer market.

All these Kante & co must be allowed to replicate whatever they are doing now next campaign before any bid is submitted. Let's only target trusted players or raw talents under the radar.

While some may actually be good players, the majority of them dey use jazz win big contracts undecided
Why I like Barca way. They only buy experienced players and pick most young ones from their youth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 8:21pm On Feb 08, 2016

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
On the matter of foundations, what has LVG really laid down? A good defence? I mean...we're alright, and Smalling is developing into the player we want to, but we still have a defence that often looks very exposed under pressure?

In midfield? Schweinsteiger and Carrick are both talented footballers, but both are clearly getting on and won't be here for too much longer. Fellaini shouldn't be a long-term option. Schneiderlin should hopefully be here for the long-term though, which is positive.

Up front? Martial's our only really promising talent at the moment. Even an improved Rooney is getting older. Lingard's alright, but unlikely to be much more than a squad player. Januzaj isn't getting a lot of game-time. I think that Mata has plenty of talent, but LVG has demonstrated that he's often unsure how/where to use him.

Overall, I'm not really sure as to what foundations LVG has been laying down. It's certainly not our playing style, which has mostly been dreadful. Unless we see the very idea of possession football, which is hardly some alien, out there concept, as a new one which LVG has remarkably introduced. Which isn't the case, especially when it's quite possible the next manager will ditch it for a new style.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
Keane is scoring for fun, he should be with the senior squad...Very talented striker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:47am On Feb 09, 2016
airmark:

A CF, who plays most of his balls outside of box 18 should not be taken serious. Martial and lingard were more ruthless in front of our goal than rooney yesterday. It is not about kicking balls to no where.

So how come Rooney has contributed to 9 of our last 11 goals?

He had 2 shots on target yesterday. It doesnt matter where he took them. His goals this season are mostly from inside the box.

If not that Blind slipped Costa would have ended the match with one shot on target. It meant Ivanovic was more of a goal threat than Costa. Before the slip, Costa took 5 Shots and only 1 on target. So he was even worse shooting to nowhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:57am On Feb 09, 2016
Hello guys, check out the highlights of our U21 team vs Norwich, Depay, Pereira, Fosu Mensah and Will Keane were very impressive...
Will Keane sco9red a Cantona esque goal and Depay did all we've been waiting for him to do with the first team...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2646) (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) (2652) ... (14175) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: patrickmuf(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.