Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8744165 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) (2652) (2653) (2654) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

He is among the people other chelsea fans call Shekpe fans on their thread, aka people with low football IQ

Elamps Do you support Man utd firing Van gaal and if they fire LvG who do you want to replace him with?

I get confused about Van Gaal. Today I am tired of him, tomorrow I like him again.

Mourinho should replace him in case he is sacked. It's too bad a coach of his calibre couldn't prove himself here. This is suppose to be his last job, and he is going to end his career on a low. I wish he could turn it around.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

I get confused about Van Gaal. Today I am tired of him, tomorrow I like him again.

Mourinho should replace him in case he is sacked. It's too bad a coach of his calibre couldn't prove himself here. This is suppose to be his last job, and he is going to end his career on a low. I wish he could turn it around.

Dont you think Mourinho's pattern would sharply contrast Van Gaals pattern

Next yr with Mourinho you have to start playing defensive would the fans not complain and how would the players adjust
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

Dont you think Mourinho's pattern would sharply contrast Van Gaals pattern

Next yr with Mourinho you have to start playing defensive would the fans not complain and how would the players adjust

That's my fear, particularly with the players on ground. Half of the players will have to give way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

That's my fear, particularly with the players on ground. Half of the players will have to give way.

How sustainable is Mourinho tactics in the long run. Check all the clubs he has coached and even when he wins within his 3 yr stint, what happens after those 3 yrs

Man Utd mgt needs to decide if they want to play attacking football and always get a coach with attacking philosophy or if na defensive football and get a coach like that

You cant go from Van gaal to Mourinho then to attacking
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:57pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

How sustainable is Mourinho tactics in the long run. Check all the clubs he has coached and even when he wins within his 3 yr stint, what happens after those 3 yrs

Man Utd mgt needs to decide if they want to play attacking football and always get a coach with attacking philosophy or if na defensive football and get a coach like that

In this case, I would rather keep Van Gaal. We need a tested coach to take over. Ancelotti is taken. Guardiola is taken. Who else is available?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:02pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

In this case, I would rather keep Van Gaal. We need a tested coach to take over. Ancelotti is taken. Guardiola is taken. Who else is available?

If Giggs can take over and start developing and building the team philosophy from now or you can get one of those Bilic Pocchetino or if you want to go to the continent

Its just my opinion or what do you think?
I see Mourinho as someone who can get short term success, start a fight and just walk out to the next money(PSG)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

If our board goes ahead to appoint Mourinho which i think isn't beyond Woodward, i'd look at it from the business point of view, the Mou vs Pep rivalry...Even the media are hell bent on seeing that kinda rivalry reignited...
However, if we must rip the benefit of Van Gaal's possession based footie, i'd be rooting for a Koeman, Pochettino, Giggs (to a lesser extent), Simeone, or AVB...I still think AVB has a lot to offer, he didn't do so well with Chelsea cos the players there are akin to rebels when the going gets tough but with a cool headed crop of youngsters mixed with a lil experience, i don't see him doing badly...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
patrickmuf:
If our board goes ahead to appoint Mourinho which i think isn't beyond Woodward, i'd look at it from the business point of view, the Mou vs Pep rivalry...Even the media are hell bent on seeing that kinda rivalry reignited...
However, if we must rip the benefit of Van Gaal's possession based footie, i'd be rooting for a Koeman, Pochettino, Giggs (to a lesser extent), Simeone, or AVB...I still think AVB has a lot to offer, he didn't do so well with Chelsea cos the players there are akin to rebels when the going gets tough but with a cool headed crop of youngsters mixed with a lil experience, i don't see him doing badly...

So which one would you prefer?

Mourinho and Guardiola would leave where they are max say 4 yrs then what would happen after that to Man utd? STart all over? or get another defensive coach like Mou. I was hoping Pep goes to Man Utd initially

I also agree that AVB might still have something to offer. But if Giggs can show to be somehow competent I would prefer him because he is a part of Man Utd and wont be thinking of leaving later

For Bayern I am hoping after Ancelotti we get one of the young German coaches like Weinzerl, Schmidt or even Cocu while hoping one of our previous players can step up e.g Sagnol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

If Giggs can take over and start developing and building the team philosophy from now or you can get one of those Bilic Pocchetino or if you want to go to the continent

Its just my opinion or what do you think?
I see Mourinho as someone who can get short term success, start a fight and just walk out to the next money(PSG)

We are capable of holding Mourinho down for at least 5 years. If he is not put under serious pressure with huge target on his neck, he might help develop some players. He will be more patient with such players like Lingard and Borthwith - Jackson.

But we can be sure his recruits will lift the team better than the players Moyes and Gaal brought. Bringing Porch is a 50-50 chance for success, we might just end up going round circles.

In a nutshell we desperately need to prove we are as big as we claim by winning trophies within the next two seasons, and only Mourinho can guarantee that. After that we can be patient a little while to find another coach to continue should Mourinho quit. Ancelotti replaced him in Madrid, we can get an experienced coach to take over from him again.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

We are capable of holding Mourinho down for at least 5 years. If he is not put under serious pressure with huge target on his neck, he might help develop some players. He will be more patient with such players like Lingard and Borthwith - Jackson.

Elamps, You dey yarn like say you no know Mourinho. Which Lingaard and Jackson? If Mourinho comes to man utd his first priority is to fight Pep at City and all those Lingaard and jackson straight out of the door, for more experienced mercenary that can guarantee some trophy immediately. For example with Mourinho as coach Jackson would be sitting permanently from today because of the offside line vs Chelsea

But we can be sure his recruits will lift the team better than the players Moyes and Gaal brought. Bringing Porch is a 50-50 chance for success, we might just end up going round circles.

How many of Mou recruits in the past 5yrs have been anything to write home about? From madrid to Chelsea.

In a nutshell we desperately need to prove we a as at big as we claim by winning trophies within the next two seasons, and only Mourinho can guarantee that. After that we can be patient a little while to find another coach to continue should Mourinho quit. Ancelotti replaced him in Madrid, we can get an experience coach to take over from him again.

I would say if you want instant success Mou has the best chance of it but given the recent happenings in Chelsea thats not guaranteed and you must be ready to spend another 150M over the next few windows for that to happen

All those English boys in your team would be sent out, All those young players too. Any player thats to opinionated too would be sent out

I actually want Mourinho to come to Man utd sef to show ppl his Chelsea and Madrid debacle was not a mistake

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

Elamps, You dey yarn like say you no know Mourinho. Which Lingaard and Jackson? If Mourinho comes to man utd his first priority is to fight Pep at City and all those Lingaard and jackson straight out of the door, for more experienced mercenary that can guarantee some trophy immediately. For example with Mourinho as coach Jackson would be sitting permanently from today because of the offside line vs Chelsea

How many of Mou recruits in the past 5yrs have been anything to write home about? From madrid to Chelsea.

I would say if you want instant success Mou has the best chance of it but given the recent happenings in Chelsea thats not guaranteed and you must be ready to spend another 150M over the next few windows for that to happen

All those English boys in your team would be sent out, All those young players too. Any player thats to opinionated too would be sent out

I actually want Mourinho to come to Man utd sef to show ppl his Chelsea and Madrid debacle was not a mistake

You have solid points, but I desperately want that instant success. Success here also means we are never below top 3, plus one trophy. I would really enjoy such build up to United vs City with further hype of Mourinho and Guardiola rivalry.

Poch, AVB, Giggs could mean we will be contesting position with Everton, Spurs and West Ham in the next three seasons.

As for recruit, I don't think Costa, Zouma and Matic are below average. At least Matic was a key figure when the won the league.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:
You have solid points, but I desperately want that instant success. Success here also means we are never below top 3, plus one trophy. I would really enjoy such build up to United vs City with further hype of Mourinho and Guardiola rivalry.

Poch, AVB, Giggs could mean we will be contesting position with Everton, Spurs and West Ham in the next three seasons.

As for recruit, I don't think Costa, Zouma and Matic are below average. At least Matic was a key figure when the won the league.

I understand you perfectly too. Do you care about the type of football your team plays or you just want to win. Having said that, I know not winning for like 3yrs would want even the purist to just try anything that would just bring victory

Well not my business. I am not a Man utd fan, actually I hate Man utd. But I prefer playing clubs with history like Man utd in Europe than just these newbie.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 11:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
elampiro:

Whoscored rated Rooney the Man of the Match. It uses opta stat as its base for Rating. Rooney did more right things in attacking zone than Costa, that was why he had that rating. Rooney doesnt have to stay in the box always. Manchester United is not set up to play like that. Martial doesnt stay in the box while playing as number 9 for us. Our number 9 also involves in build up just like Madrid set up their 9 since Ancelotti's era.

Secondly, Rooney's touch for Lingard was a perfect touch. It was intended. Masterstroke! You have not been watching Rooney recently, his touches have been classical. His back hill goal, his back hill flick pass exchange with Martial. All these were deliberate. You are a joke.

I watched rooney recently and that was what brought out my opinion of his improvement. Now where do you stand, cos i could see you referring to whoscored rooney's rating. Don't tell me that they were right by naming rooney as man of the match again cos you made the statement below,
elampiro:

And you refused to see where I mentioned DeGea and Courtois as men of the match.

Dont lemme think you dont have a mind of your own. We all watched the match and we know how it went down. Your manchester evening newspaper rated de gea and damian above your rooney. His early season performances made his performance looked superb to you.

elampiro:

No wonder, e no even sabi argue.
Make I leave am.

Continue deceiving yourself only whoscored rated rooney as man of the match, even you initially rated de gea and dissociated from rooney motm nonsense before you started your macabre dance with dayo raumdeuter lately. Most known sources rated costa above rooney. So stop unneccessary rants.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SHAIBULIAR: 1:08am On Feb 10, 2016
elampiro:

me coaach shaibu cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:22am On Feb 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

So which one would you prefer?

Mourinho and Guardiola would leave where they are max say 4 yrs then what would happen after that to Man utd? STart all over? or get another defensive coach like Mou. I was hoping Pep goes to Man Utd initially

I also agree that AVB might still have something to offer. But if Giggs can show to be somehow competent I would prefer him because he is a part of Man Utd and wont be thinking of leaving later

For Bayern I am hoping after Ancelotti we get one of the young German coaches like Weinzerl, Schmidt or even Cocu while hoping one of our previous players can step up e.g Sagnol
Giggs is the dream but i'd be okay with pochettino
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 7:27am On Feb 10, 2016
I hope United board reason like you guys here,at least you are guaranteed 5 more years in hell and Jose won't coach scums like you........

I really hope.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 7:33am On Feb 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

If you have nothing to write about Ozil,Di Maria,Khedira,Modric, Callejon,Coentrao,Willian,Matic,Fabregas,Costa and Zouma just drop the pen....

He spent 3 years at Madrid and didn't spend as much as ur new fraud Ancelloti did in one summer....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:26am On Feb 10, 2016
^^^^^ Ancelotti can never be described as fraud. I think you should know better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 8:49am On Feb 10, 2016
larride:
^^^^^ Ancelotti can never be described as fraud. I think you should know better.
U should know better that wasn't really what I meant
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:08am On Feb 10, 2016
Why can't we promote Warren Joyce? everything mustn't be ready-made to work for the short term!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:11am On Feb 10, 2016
airmark:

I watched rooney recently and that was what brought out my opinion of his improvement. Now where do you stand, cos i could see you referring to whoscored rooney's rating. Don't tell me that they were right by naming rooney as man of the match again cos you made the statement below,

Dont lemme think you dont have a mind of your own. We all watched the match and we know how it went down. Your manchester evening newspaper rated de gea and damian above your rooney. His early season performances made his performance looked superb to you.

Continue deceiving yourself only whoscored rated rooney as man of the match, even you initially rated de gea and dissociated from rooney motm nonsense before you started your macabre dance with dayo raumdeuter lately. Most known sources rated costa above rooney. So stop unneccessary rants.

Whoscored is the most objective rating, although there could be plus and minus. Whoscored sees what the ordinary eye cannot see. Rooney rated 7.8. When a striker or a goalkeeper rates 7.5 and above, it means he had a good game, particularly if the striker didn't record a goal to boost his rating.

You brought gugurakpa ratings from nowhere. I could do the same to suggest Rooney was the MOTM. I decided to stick to established and renowned rating sites.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:16am On Feb 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

I understand you perfectly too. Do you care about the type of football your team plays or you just want to win. Having said that, I know not winning for like 3yrs would want even the purist to just try anything that would just bring victory

Well not my business. I am not a Man utd fan, actually I hate Man utd. But I prefer playing clubs with history like Man utd in Europe than just these newbie.

Thanks for the concern. I still believe we will finish top four.

I prefer attacking football, but I don't want us to go the way of Arsenal or Liverpool. I want anything to return us to EPL title immediately. After then we can consider the rest things.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:25am On Feb 10, 2016
UTD sign JM and that's it for me... I will just stick to watching City, Arsenal, Sevilla and Barcelona.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:30am On Feb 10, 2016
Airmark: This is the comprehensive ratings from your gugurakpa rating website. When I saw the way they rated some players, I laf in pigin. Ukwu!!! The ratings of Blind and William are highly ridiculous. Blind that invited pressure on us with his lack of speed and unnecessary fouls. Not able to make simple aerial clearances.

Chelsea
Thibaut Courtois - 7 Ensure Chelsea stayed in the game early on thanks to saves from Carrick and Martial
Branislav Ivanovic - 6 Didn’t appreciate the dual threat of Martial and Borthwick-Jackson against him.
Kurt Zouma - 7 Suffered what seemed to be a bad injury after a solid game at the back.
John Terry - 7 Usual committed self, buoyed by a crowd permanently showing their support for the club captain
Cesar Azpilicueta - 6 Solid performance from Chelsea's consistent full-back.
Nemanja Matic - 5 Subbed off for Pedro and rightly so due to anonymous performance in the middle.
Jon Obi Mikel - 6 Broke up play when needed, keeping things tight despite Chelsea looking flawed in other parts of the pitch.
Cesc Fabregas – 5 Not able to influence anything in the final third as he flitted in and out of the game.
Willian - 5 Not too threatening considering the age of his opponent at left-back, should have made him work harder.
Oscar - 5 Doesn’t enjoy it as much out on the left and was hooked early on for Hazard.
Diego Costa - 7 Struggled to get in the game early on but kept battling on to score the late equaliser and could have had more.
Subs
Eden Hazard - 6 Little influence.
Gary Cahill – 6 Slotted in fine.
Pedro - 6 Spread the play
John Terry has said he will leave Chelsea at the end of the season. Credit: PA

Man United
David De Gea - 7 Not at his busiest but was alert to all danger, producing a great save from Ivanovic.
Matteo Darmian - 8 Progressive down the right flank but his crossing never reached a colleague in red.
Chris Smalling - 7 Solid and composed against a lethargic Diego Costa.
Daley Blind - 8 Read the game well throughout and was able to start United coming out from the back.
Cameron Borthwick-Jackson - 8 Not phased by the occasion nor Chelsea’s only player offering pace going forward in Willian.
Michael Carrick - 7 The metronome of the team throughout as he instigated attacks and kept things ticking off.
Marouane Fellaini - 7 Often found up the field trying to cause havoc with his physical nature but rarely did.
Juan Mata - 7 Calmed down proceedings when he needed to on his return to Stamford Bridge, without being a creative threat.
Anthony Martial - 6 Dangerous on the ball but needed to find space more often, as he drifted in and out.
Jesse Lingard - 7 Took his goal with aplomb thanks to a great first touch and ruthless finish.
Wayne Rooney - 6 Struggled to find his place in the game despite supposedly being in form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:47am On Feb 10, 2016
elampiro:

Thanks for the concern. I still believe we will finish top four.

I prefer attacking football, but I don't want us to go the way of Arsenal or Liverpool. I want anything to return us to EPL title immediately. After then we can consider the rest things.
Have we even been playing attacking football? Maybe in the last few weeks. We played nothing against Liverpool and parked the bus against chelshit immediately we scored like Wigan would do.

I'm of the opinion that Jose be given 4-5 years contract and Giggs stay under his tutelage for 2 years and coach a small club for another 2 years(this will provide him with tactics, players and team mgt from different managers) and return at the end of the 4th or 5th year for United job. Else, we'd become another Liverpool with the target of trying to make top four every season. Not an ardent fan of Jose but I've to be honest here considering our immediate predicament.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 10, 2016
That's a stupid rating>Willian not threatening ??,he was their best player and he is rated 5 with Zouma,Terry and Ivanovic who Martial skinned all game having higher.It's just incredible how some pundits watch football
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 10, 2016
chrisley024:
Have we even been playing attacking football? Maybe in the last few weeks. We played nothing against Liverpool and parked the bus against chelshit immediately we scored like Wigan would do.

I'm of the opinion that Jose be given 4-5 years contract and Giggs stay under his tutelage for 2 years and coach a small club for another 2 years(this will provide him with tactics, players and team mgt from different managers) and return at the end of the 4th or 5th year for United job. Else, we'd become another Liverpool with the target of trying to make top four every season. Not an ardent fan of Jose but I've to be honest here considering our immediate predicament.

This is exactly what has been on my mind. We indeed share the exact same opinion
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:54am On Feb 10, 2016
I've always wanted Jose to replace SAF from day one. Always felt he was the perfect person to shoulder the pressure. At the same time, Inwasnt under any illusion abiut Jose. He would keep us big and competitive but I also expect him to leave behind carnage. He wont have Giggs on the bench with him so just forget about that and truly why would he? If Giggs wants the job let him go and earn it.

On LvG, I really wanted him to win. Always liked LvG from the ajax days so when he came to us, I was so happy. Its not working well though and he can have no complaints about leaving this summer. If Mourinho replaces him fine, For sure it would be a wild ride, I dont subscribe to Potchettino, Giggs. Only other person I would have loved would be Laurent Blanc but I doubt he's available. Good experience winning, managed big players and big egos, young enough to still be hungry and ex man utd player who would command respect from all.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
elampiro:

Whoscored is the most objective rating, although there could be plus and minus. Whoscored sees what the ordinary eye cannot see. Rooney rated 7.8. When a striker or a goalkeeper rates 7.5 and above, it means he had a good game, particularly if the striker didn't record a goal to boost his rating.

You brought gugurakpa ratings from nowhere. I could do the same to suggest Rooney was the MOTM. I decided to stick to established and renowned rating sites.

Gugurakpa ratings cheesy Then post your pizzakpa ratings where rooney was the motm ahead of de gea , courtois, damian and costa. Most uk media that are known for hyping rooney's performances rated him lowly as i posted. How do you explain gomes as the best keeper on whoscored rating's best 11 so far this season as below or how Suarez could nt make the list. Leave trash for whoscored .

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
Patiently waiting for giggsy to take over angry .. All this mou and poch should get outta here angry ... LvG tooo.. mtcheeew
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
bigkesh:

If you have nothing to write about Ozil,Di Maria,Khedira,Modric, Callejon,Coentrao,Willian,Matic,Fabregas,Costa and Zouma just drop the pen....

He spent 3 years at Madrid and didn't spend as much as ur new fraud Ancelloti did in one summer....

Ozil dimaria callejon khedira coentrao have all been disgraced out of Madrid less than 5 yrs after buying them

Matic is currently a fraud and most chelsea fans ate begging for him to be benched.

The form of Costa and fabregas led to the same mourinho sack

Ancelloti won what mourinho was hired to win. The la decima
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
elampiro doesn't think Mata should ve been man of d match but he believes Rooney had a better match dan Mata.....
*Sigh*

(1) (2) (3) ... (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) (2652) (2653) (2654) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TrebleChamp(m), kizolo(m), CrystalTiger(m), lateefGRDT(m), Ijustwantto, dcrested(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.