Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,482 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8777040 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2645) (2646) (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) ... (14175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
SailorXY:

Double our chances indeed. Later you go claim say you watch match for better TV. Tell that viewing center to buy @ least something with flat face - even if na 2002 model.

Your "frosh" area can still be another man's ghetto, not by glorified estates.
As much as I know BETTER neighborhoods inside Naija no reach 40.
This is your definition of a 'Defensive' performance.... ok

When I said 'Frosh' I was talking about the people not the buildings because for my area nobody dey celebrate draw....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
bigkesh:

I hope we meet in the UCL this season to finally settle this......OH WAIT
I hope u qualify for any European competition next season even if its play offs........OH WAIT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
bigkesh:

This is your definition of a 'Defensive' performance.... ok

When I said 'Frosh' I was talking about the people not the buildings because for my area nobody dey celebrate draw....
So tell the house how you were the better team with "double our chances".
I can show you all match stats post-SAF of Chelshit vs United games to tell you always DEFEND, except in one when Moyes was losing even against Okomu Oil anyway.

Putting men behind the ball from the blast of the whistle is a coward's tactic.
Take that to the bank.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
MrTA:

Wait, Hazard played? when?
lol.. you no see am wen him enta second half
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
SailorXY:

We played poorly & won @ Liverpool, who remembers the performance?

The game was Chelshit vs United, there's almost always no link to current form.
3 points na d koko! No body remembers ur performance if u strive to get all 3 points at the end. Good performances dont win u matches and titles. 3 points does! Wen did we become d new Arsenal dat we'll be contenet wit good performances instead of winning matches??

Arsenal lost @ home to them. Arsenal is 7 points ahead of Man United.
You say?
Yes Arsenal lost to Chelsea. It can even be argued that Arsenal were the better team. But Arsenal are still third. Is it their good performances dat is keeping them in d top four ni abi the three points they've amassed so far this season??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
6 points out of the top 4. Hope still dey!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
AdeLaNa1:

Yes Arsenal lost to Chelsea. It can even be argued that Arsenal were the better team. But Arsenal are still third. Is it their good performances dat is keeping them in d top four ni abi the three points they've amassed so far this season??
obviously we're saying the same thing.
That's why I said in games like this with reputation or pride to battle for, there are no guarantees no matter the current form. That's why I cited the Liverpool example.

We should aim to amass points against the numerous lesser oppositions. My frustration is usually when we drop points to these teams coupled with a terrible performance.

Yet if we cop 3 points against the usual contenders, fine!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:59pm On Feb 07, 2016
SailorXY:
obviously we're saying the same thing.
That's why I said in games like this with reputation or pride to battle for, there are no guarantees no matter the current form. That's why I cited the Liverpool example.

We should aim to amass points against the numerous lesser oppositions. My frustration is usually when we drop points to these teams coupled with a terrible performance.

Yet if we cop 3 points against the usual contenders, fine!

Exactly... Norwish, Stoke, among others...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 11:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
SailorXY:

So tell the house how you were the better team with "double our chances".
I can show you all match stats post-SAF of Chelshit vs United games to tell you always DEFEND, except in one when Moyes was losing even against Okomu Oil anyway.

Putting men behind the ball from the blast of the whistle is a coward's tactic.
Take that to the bank.

Your team's Aug 2013 draw and jan 2014 loss to chelsea are now 1 game to you. we were putting men behind the ball from the blast of the whistle in those games right? That's how you guys would be telling lies up and down peddling them as facts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 2:06am On Feb 08, 2016
He's had two years, untold amounts of money and a league declining in quality at the top end, yet he still looks like he's going to miss out on the top 4. Basically he has shi.t the bed and we need to move on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 7:12am On Feb 08, 2016
Ladies and Gentlemen, TOP 4 DON BLAST...

1. Arsenal 2. Leicester 3. Manchester City 4. Tottenham
I don't see any other team joining this set. We are now into the title run in.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:51am On Feb 08, 2016
Spy360:

1. Arsenal
2. Leicester
3. Manchester City
4. Tottenham

Arsenal has no business in title run-in. Your job is to make up numbers

AS USUAL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:56am On Feb 08, 2016
GBR1:
He's had two years, untold amounts of money and a league declining in quality at the top end, yet he still looks like he's going to miss out on the top 4. Basically he has shi.t the bed and we need to move on.
LvG is a good manager but it just hasn't happened for him so far. He'll still make the top 4 tho.

I agree about moving on from next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:00am On Feb 08, 2016
Our attacking displays 've improved masively, at least dat's a positive, i've got a feeLing we might embark on a winning streak, 6_7match.
Top 4 na 6points gap, man.city go clear road 4 us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 08, 2016
Mata was MOTM yesterday. Yes he's recently had a poor run of games. But u guys underrate that nigga too much...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dongorgon5(m): 8:12am On Feb 08, 2016
SailorXY:

LvG is a good manager but it just hasn't happened for him so far. He'll still make the top 4 tho.

I agree about moving on from next season.
I need you to tell me that team united will overtake to make top4.
Maybe it is man city or arsenal.
Cos Spurs team under pochetino will definetely make top 4.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dongorgon5(m): 8:15am On Feb 08, 2016
Mata ko Molecules ni^^^
Mata is just their, i see nothing spectacular about the guy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:25am On Feb 08, 2016
Dongorgon5:
I need you to tell me that team united will overtake to make top4.
Maybe it is man city or arsenal.
Cos Spurs team under pochetino will definetely make top 4.
Non has an unassailable lead so I don't know what you're on about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 9:37am On Feb 08, 2016
weedtaker:
i've got a feeLing we might embark on a winning streak, 6_7match.
Top 4 na 6points gap, man.city go clear road 4 us.

Weed,are you serious??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 9:39am On Feb 08, 2016
Spy360:

1. Arsenal
2. Leicester
3. Manchester City
4. Tottenham

Arsenal and Title-run in the same sentence?? Its wrong grammatically
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:47am On Feb 08, 2016
bigkesh:

Weed,are you serious??
depends on how you define "serious"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 08, 2016
There's a guy in Carpi(Serie A) called Lasagna. I mean who names their kid after a type of Pasta?? Europeans can be funny tho grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:53am On Feb 08, 2016
Elampiro come give us match review na. Give us reasons nd key facts wey make us draw de game, nd give us ur review in our recent team nd individual performance. Also give us wetin we go expect in our upcoming games nd our top 4 chances. You know say na u be our only ogbonge analyzer we wey get now as mountain lion don disappear grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:08am On Feb 08, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Mata was MOTM yesterday. Yes he's recently had a poor run of games. But u guys underrate that nigga too much...
Which match? Him, Rooney and Lingard didn't show up yesterday. And Rooney trying a chip in the box in the last minute. Like WTF!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:09am On Feb 08, 2016
AdeLaNa1:

This is the joke of the century. This is coming from someone who blasted Rooney week in week out. You didn't even say Mata played well, but that he is MOTM. All the rating Do well to read the ratings below:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:11am On Feb 08, 2016
In my own rating, the MOTM is actually DeGea, followed by Courtois.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:13am On Feb 08, 2016
I didn't even know Blind slipped. I knew something was wrong with the ball through the middle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:20am On Feb 08, 2016
chrisley024:
Which match? Him, Rooney and Lingard didn't show up yesterday. And Rooney trying a chip in the box in the last minute. Like WTF!

Which match did you watch? Rooney was quiet in the first 25 minutes, then he ran the show from then on. He was tidy in possession even as Terry man marked him up and down. Set up good final third moves by picking team mates, fine dribbling in the final third, unlucky to have a last tackle stopped his fine dribbling on verge of facing the goal against the goalkeeper.

He gave the Assist to Lingard for our goal.

The chip you mentioned was a 50-50 decision, either to shoot or pass. He did well to beat his man to get into that position, but may be he should have passed.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:24am On Feb 08, 2016
Louis van Gaal was “proud” of Cameron Borthwick-Jackson’s performance during Manchester United’s 1-1 draw with Chelsea on Sunday.

Borthwick-Jackson registered his 10th senior appearance for the club in the continued absence of injured left-backs Luke Shaw, Marcos Rojo and Ashley Young.

Van Gaal admitted it was an "unfortunate" moment for Borthwick-Jackson but praised the youngster's display during his post-match interview with MUTV, when asked about any positives he can dissect.

"We continued with our good, attacking football, we have created a lot of chances here at Chelsea. It's a nasty away game, I think, and one that's not so easy. The last few years Manchester United haven't won here so it's not an easy match – and we took the lead with a fantastic goal. A fantastic cross also. Then you can control the game, but in the last quarter we gave it away.

"There are many details which are responsible for that. We had a lot of free-kicks around the penalty area against us and we survived. Chelsea have very good set-plays and they have scored a lot from set-plays, so we were well organised. But then we have a goal like that – Daley Blind slipping and Borthwick-Jackson not taking the line of the defence. Costa is not offside because of that.we

"It was such a pity because Borthwick-Jackson was playing fantastically and I was very proud of him. It was a superb performance until the last quarter. It’s sad for the fans also. This match you heard only the Manchester United fans and not the Chelsea fans."

[Source: manutd.com] #MUFC #LVG

My opinion

In absence of Shaw, Jackson should continue our left back. I have fallen in love with his game. He combines well with Martial and has this wicked crossing.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:30am On Feb 08, 2016
elampiro come gives us review, u de dia de argue rooney n mata. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:57am On Feb 08, 2016
weedtaker:
Elampiro come give us match review na. Give us reasons nd key facts wey make us draw de game, nd give us ur review in our recent team nd individual performance. Also give us wetin we go expect in our upcoming games nd our top 4 chances. You know say na u be our only ogbonge analyzer we wey get now as mountain lion don disappear grin

1. Much has been said already on why we drew. The first is Van Gaal's poor choice of substitutes to see the game through. Mephis is a defensive liability, I said it to my friends when he came on. Lingard supports the defence better. Mephis is also poor in possession and passing. When marking, he doesn't provide shield to help the next person coming to mark. May be he was brought on to help with counter attacks as we were under pressure. Also, Fellaini was holding the ball for us high up the pitch and he was removed just when he was doing that. Chelsea were having many set plays, so why changed Fellaini? Mata should have been the first to go out, not that he was poor, but because we needed to defend. Schneirdelin for Mata, then change the formation to bkock the midifeld.

The coach has not thought our players how to see out a game. If you are the better team, you keep possession. If you are under pressure, you form a two line defence in front of your box. Four/five men in front of the box with another four men in their front. One or two waiting to contest cleared balls. If we did this, the amount of space William had on the left of our defence would have been covered. Instead what we had was pretending to park the bus whereas we were parking small cars which allowed space for penetration. We were not evenly distributed to defend, that was why DDG became MOTM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:12am On Feb 08, 2016
elampiro:
I didn't even know Blind slipped. I knew something was wrong with the ball through the middle.

I mentioned it immediately after the match. It would have been an easy interception or he would have shadowed Costa away from the goal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2645) (2646) (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) ... (14175) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Santos07, MRTA7 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.