Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2758) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8747202 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2755) (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:12am On Mar 31, 2016
Kagawa10:

This is even funny because you admitted Lvg had often use makeshift player, then why didn't he do that in the striker role considering Depay is good there rather than promoting an unknown player? You're sounding like a broken record already!
Also, all the liste makeshift player were done with good reasons.

He uses makeshift NOT when there are no player to serve as a makeshift for him. Our strikers were all injured, our average wingers were ONLY Lingaard and Defraud. If he plays Defraud as a striker, na Giggs go be his winger? Rash was a striker and he used him so Defraud can man the wing for him.

Like I said, he deserves commendation but I don't buy into all the hype.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 12:15am On Mar 31, 2016
sinizia:

No mind Kagawa. His bad time at Utd is making him forget the truths. Gaal has always said he need a good pacy winger to compensate for Maria's sale. Pedro was the guy and after we lost him and he saw Mata was actually shít on the wings for Utd, he had NO choice than to bring in Lingaard.
And regards your other post, I agree with you. I remember how Mourinho spoke nicely about Utd after that loss and most Utd fans wanted him only for Fergie to goof and give us Calamity Moyes.
I don't know what Van Gaal has done to hypnotize our very own people into saying things like these. Some are even letting sentiments or hatred cloud their judgement on some things so simple. Some even refer to me as a glory hunter because i want Jose or something like that.
My loyalty is to no one but United, not even Fergie or Sir Bobby and i would always be in support of the best decisions in united interest irrespective of the folks against it, and now we need Mourinho as much as he needs us. It's the right decision at this point in time.

We have never had these kinda lows periods in a long time, and i believe he's the right guy to take us back to the top where we belong. When people are attracted to top clubs because of success or style, i think it's wrong to be referred to as 'glory hunting' because people must have reasons for such attraction and they shouldn't be defined by it, but stopping to support a club because of recent failures or less success is a very good definition to that term and i haven't stopped supporting united.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:31am On Mar 31, 2016
sinizia:

The answer is that Mourinho won't achieve anything with this useless squad. But fact remains that Mourinho wouldn't even purchase these kinda players. He won't convert a RW to a LB. He won't.

Okay, now that you've admitted that LVG is a failure, would you still want this failure to continue assuming it's your club?

Really Mourinho wont? The Cuadrado, Felipe Luiz, Baba Rahman, Papy Djiboloji, Falcao, Pedro all say HI. How are LvG buys worse than these Mourinho buys of the past 18months?

Is Depay in Man Utd wrse than Cuadrado in Chelsea?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 12:31am On Mar 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

This is why I told you that you are a football illiterate who wouldnt listen
How long does it take clubs to make appointment? Do you think this is civil service?

How long did it take to appoint Hiddink when Mourinho was fired? How long did it take Chelsea to appoint Hiddink when Scolari was fired?
Dayo stop being silly. It was as much as an open secret that Pep wasn't going to renew and Bayern were hiring Ancelloti.

**multiple and wrong post

http://www.espnfc.us/real-madrid/story/2761453/jose-mourinho-not-coming-to-real-madrid-florentino-perez
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:39am On Mar 31, 2016
GBR1:

Dayo stop being silly. It was as much as an open secret that Pep wasn't going to renew and Bayern were hiring Ancelloti.

I knew it you are very empty. More bluster than substance. How was it an open secret that Guardiola would leave?

Below is Rummenigge talking about Pep extension and that they would finalize it over winter. That was an interview in November ending 3 weeks before the news broke that Pep wont be extending. Its an open secret You knew everyone knew but Rummenigge the chairman of Bayern doesnt know and was still optimistic at November ending

This is why I told you to stick to what you know which to be honest is nothing

Relaxed Rummenigge Confirms Pep Contract Talks Will Commence During Winter Break

26 NOV 2015
Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge remains relaxed over the future of manager Pep Guardiola.

The Spanish coach, whose contract expires at the end of the current campaign, was said to have stalled on the club's offer of a renewal.

However, Rummenigge has urged supporters not worry about the recent speculation, and insists over a new deal will commence during the winter break.

​"I don't think he [Guardiola] delays anything. The media has a wrong perception there," Rummenigge said, as quoted by ​FourFourTwo.

"We will have talks in the winter break, which is in a couple of weeks. I kind of like it. The entire club handles this discussion very relaxed and respectable.

"The coach handles this respectably. We handle it respectably.

"I like that we have a little tension at all times. The media likes it too, because you have something to write about. Consequently I don't see any problems there.

"We will have the talks, which will be after the Hannover-game on the 19th of December. The following days there will be talks and we will announce the decision."

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/rummenigge-bayern-relaxed-over-guardiola-future#:UkC_HJP70tv32g
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 12:49am On Mar 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

This is why I told you that you are a football illiterate who wouldnt listen
How long does it take clubs to make appointment? Do you think this is civil service?

How long did it take to appoint Hiddink when Mourinho was fired? How long did it take Chelsea to appoint Hiddink when Scolari was fired?
Dayo stop being silly. It was as much as an open secret that Pep wasn't going to renew and Bayern were hiring Ancelloti. I knew at least a week before the official announcement by Bayern that negiotiations were ongoing because reputable news sources were already reporting a deal by December 16 and that was even before Jose got sacked. Look at the dates on this news site and remember Mourinho was sacked December 17.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/carlo-ancelotti-to-replace-pep-guardiola-bayern-munich-lose-patience-with-guardiola-and-make-offer-a6775381.html
Pep to city was also a done deal a long time ago before it was announced. The illiterate between us is obvious now

Pep Notified Bayern he would not be extending mid december around the same time Mourinho was fired and in a matter of days they contacted Carlo and sealed a deal all these happened within days

Below is a link with a quote from Perez saying they dont want Mourinho. where you got your own fake news from only God knows

http://www.espnfc.us/real-madrid/story/2761453/jose-mourinho-not-coming-to-real-madrid-florentino-perez
I'm not suprised you are taking the word of a lunatic like Perez as the truth when you should know better; you just won argue sha even when you can't win.
Regardless, let's even assume Perez was saying the truth then but earlier when i said meant Madrid contacted a Jose, i meant the period after Benitez had been fired and it's true. Now here is the source to the Jose to united story by ESPN, which they got from El Pais
http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2833638/jose-mourinho-signs-man-united-contract-agreement-report
and the El pais reports the full story of Madrid contacting Jose http://elpais.com/elpais/2016/03/20/inenglish/1458483716_955779.html

or the guardian which summarizes both together http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/19/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-pre-contract.

I could give you links to earlier links to madrid if you ask nicely. grin

By now, you should know when you are gonna win an argument, and it's not now.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 31, 2016
We ve'nt had arguments like this since the days of elampiro vs Coogar. U guys should continue the Lord's work jare cheesy

Draws bucket of popcorn closer....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:33am On Mar 31, 2016
sinizia:

My own is, whether we're getting Mourinho or not, I want LvG out. Yes, he's a good coach with a good CV, but his methods doesn't work for Utd. Let him go and find another club to use his philosophy on. That's all I ask for.

Which sane coach who was wailing to the press that Utd needs to buy a fast paced winger like Robben and co will go ahead to sell Maria after ONE season without giving him half of the patience he has given Rooney? Sold Maria and didn't buy a replacement. Used Mata that lacks pace or dribbles to replace Maria. Plays Young at LB and out of partisanship plays Blind at CB?

Van Goat is too stúpid to remain at Utd. He has to go!!

Ma Nigguh!...
You know times for Naija hard but you fit Manage 1 bottle of Moét?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:41am On Mar 31, 2016
A coach that once saw the afro man as a striker after selling Chicha. grin

The old man should go and join Mr Ibu.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 31, 2016
chrisley024:
A coach that once saw the afro man as a striker after selling Chicha. grin

The old man should go and join Mr Ibu.
U mean Lionel Fellaini??

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:06pm On Mar 31, 2016
I still don't understand the basis for all these long needless arguments...

Is it that some "good meaning" alleged United fans want LVG till 2017? shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
Dadehmola:

Haba!

Where did I suggest such??

Lemme even say something sef - If Moyes is the only option available as we speak, (God forbid), I wouldn't mind him replacing LVG! grin

My position on this issue is clear - our standards have fallen so badly, we actually wouldn't mind replacing our useless manager with someone who was recently kicked out at Chelsea for battling relegation.

If no be say we be guys....

This is the kind of statement that makes want to go back to my old job as a hired killer...

Seriously if no be say we be guys...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 12:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
sinizia:

He uses makeshift NOT when there are no player to serve as a makeshift for him. Our strikers were all injured, our average wingers were ONLY Lingaard and Defraud. If he plays Defraud as a striker, na Giggs go be his winger? Rash was a striker and he used him so Defraud can man the wing for him.

Like I said, he deserves commendation but I don't buy into all the hype.
LOL!
Lingard and Mata were available to play on the wing!
He could have uesd them with Depay in a striker role.
Even if you don't acknowledge Rashford promotion, how about Lingard?
That being said, LVG only uses makeshift players whenever it's necessary. For example, Mata has been simply useless in the no 10 role, not to even talk about his immobility and lack of work rate there, hence the move to wing. Do you even know that Mata started his career on the wing for Valencia fc and played majority of his games on the wing for Chelsea?
As per Daley Blind, we needed someone who can bring the ball forward from the defence considering the likes of Smalling and jones are useless on the ball and I really don't want to think about what could have happened without Blind to buildup the play from the back, considering our pathetic midfield. Also, Blind has been simply fantastic in the defence except for 1-2 odd games here and then.
On Young, his full back career journey began when he was used as a wing back in a 3-5-2 formation. Wingers are allowed to be used as wingbacks, a case study is caduadro who is winger and as well, a wing back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nihilist:

If no be say we be guys....

This is the kind of statement that makes want to go back to my old job as a hired killer...

Seriously if no be say we be guys...

Lol

I lie ni?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2016
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-news-jose-mourinho-offered-valencia-job-as-united-face-prospect-of-missing-out-on-a6960906.html

Valencia appointed Neville’s assistant, Pako Ayestaran, as his temporary replacement, but The Sun reports that talks with Mourinho actually began over a month ago with a view to the Portuguese returning to Spain.

53-year-old Mourinho has been holding out for the United job since being sacked himself by Chelsea in December after the Blues made a terrible start to the season. With Louis vanGaal under pressure to salvage United’s season in the form of a top four finish, speculation remains over the Dutchman’s future, and recent reports suggest Mourinho is simply waiting in the wings before taking the role on next season.

However, the Independent understands that Mourinho is yet to receive any official offer regarding the United job, and the relationship between Mourinho’s agent, Jorge Mendes, and Valencia owner Peter Lim, suggests that a move to the east coast may not be as farfetched as it appears.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
raumdeuter:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-news-jose-mourinho-offered-valencia-job-as-united-face-prospect-of-missing-out-on-a6960906.html

Valencia appointed Neville’s assistant, Pako Ayestaran, as his temporary replacement, but The Sun reports that talks with Mourinho actually began over a month ago with a view to the Portuguese returning to Spain.

53-year-old Mourinho has been holding out for the United job since being sacked himself by Chelsea in December after the Blues made a terrible start to the season. With Louis vanGaal under pressure to salvage United’s season in the form of a top four finish, speculation remains over the Dutchman’s future, and recent reports suggest Mourinho is simply waiting in the wings before taking the role on next season.

However, the Independent understands that Mourinho is yet to receive any official offer regarding the United job, and the relationship between Mourinho’s agent, Jorge Mendes, and Valencia owner Peter Lim, suggests that a move to the east coast may not be as farfetched as it appears.

Valencia needs him more than Man u.
He prefers Man u than Valencia

If he loses Man U's job, he will be paid and prolly signs for Valencia.

It's a win win for him regardless
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
Mourinho bawo?? God forbid bad thing....

Even Google auto correct changes Mourinho to Mourning....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
What is the reason for this hopeless waste of cyberspace?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
MrLouisVanGaal:

If to sack you or not cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2016
MrLouisVanGaal:
elrony and sinizia wants you out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
nonsoroyalty:

Well.... sad

LVG out!!!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2016
elrony:

If to sack you or not cheesy cheesy cheesy

I have been told if i deliver champions league i shall stay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
nonsoroyalty:

mere fans
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2016
MrLouisVanGaal:

I have been told if i deliver champions league i shall stay.

But you know........

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
MrLouisVanGaal:

mere fans

Indeed.... cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 6:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
raumdeuter:

Really Mourinho wont? The Cuadrado, Felipe Luiz, Baba Rahman, Papy Djiboloji, Falcao, Pedro all say HI. How are LvG buys worse than these Mourinho buys of the past 18months?

Is Depay in Man Utd wrse than Cuadrado in Chelsea?
Shut up!!! Every honest football fan knows Falcao is the only Jose signing in that fucking list....

Do you say trash for a living?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
AdeLaNa1:

After 5 years without UCL,your brain will auto correct itself cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kagawa10:

Ancellotti got sacked after winning a double, especially the CL trophy which Mourinho tried hard to win at Madrid but failed woefully while playing the most ugly football everseen in the tournament.
The problem with Ancelotti in his following year started when the president started forcing players like James and Kroos on him, the loss of Modric to injury and the lack of proper replacement for Alonso as it's well known that Kroos is better in a much more attacking role than in a holding role.
do you know what it means for someone to fail woefully?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 6:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
AdeLaNa1:

that is because no matter how good a program is it can never have the intelligence of an Human. I believe you have human intelligence right
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
elrony:

But you know........

Even fergie likes what i do now...I shall stay

(1) (2) (3) ... (2755) (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CallTheCops(m), Englishisamust, Neimarjr, Princefame1, reccy(m), Jodera, lateefGRDT(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.