Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2756) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8746936 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2753) (2754) (2755) (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
GBR1:
I wish i saw this post earlier There are already enough reasons to slate/dislike Jose but i don't know why you still needed this much lies to prove a point. Jose did not consider Lukaku the main striker to lead a title challenge and he got limited opportunities. But at the end, it was Lukaku who asked to leave himself and Jose wished him well. I believe they still have a decent relationship as recently it was reported Lukaku was opened to joining Jose at united when he takes over. Why would he want that if what you are trying to paint here is true?
He is far from perfect but he still won the league title recently even with these bad acts, though debateable, he commited. Those guys who left did not their new teams into league winners.
I agree he has made some shady transfers over the years but he been vindicated and rewarded generally more often than not and remember he's not responsible for all transfers, and that includes some of the terrible ones you listed. For example Lukaku left but he won the league title (in his first season with Costa as striker). Chelsea had not come close to doing that in about 5 years.

I agree he does not have the best character but that is negligible for now since conditions he's used to might not have been the best. Ivanovic was one of the better performers when chelsea won the league. A dip in form cannot change that he was not always like that and/or and age is catching up. The same with terry, who Jose tried to replace unsuccessfully.

You should stop judging him with only his time and chelsea and using unreasonable sample space sizes. You are better than this. I don't expect you to mean well for united though.

If I cant judge him by his most recent job at Chelsea where he was sacked for flirting with relegation, Can I judge him for the previous one at Madrid? where he was also sacked after ending trophyless and for bringing shame to Madrid name by instigating fights?

What do you want me to judge him by? His performances in 12yrs ago for FC Porto or those 6yrs ago for Inter? You can as well get Benitez who also won the CL 11yrs ago and played a CL final 9yrs ago
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
Odunharry:
Heard Gary Neville has bn sacked
chrisley024:
Valencia sack Neville!
Unbelievable got sacked before LvG.
Yes it's official now.... http://www.valenciacf.com/ver/57041/comunicado-oficial-.html

They left that decision too late i think. Where is nyabingyi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
GBR1:
For example, he left Barcelona (at his 2nd stint) 3 points above relegation before he was chased away and Raumdeuter would deceive some fools into believing we shouldn't appoint Jose because he left chelsea in similar state when his club Bayern with this knowledge still appointed LVG then. Then he got sacked at bayern when he was struggling to make champion league places though he had previously won a league title and gotten them to the finals of the CL . He hasn't done nothing like that here. He has won nothing here or proved anything to even make us consider giving him the last year.

Sincerely, I don't know what it will take for some of you to realize that the LVG experiment has failed and it's time to move on, and unfortunately, we don't have that much time any longer.

After the Barcelona debacle What did LvG do? He went to a small club AZ Alkmaar and won the league with them. So Bayern hired LvG after he won a league with AZ not after he almost relegated Barca

If you want to draw parallels with Bayern hiring LVG vs Man Utd hiring Mourinho, after almost relegating Chelsea, let him go take Augsburg, West brom, Levante and win the league with them like LVG did with AZ Alkmaar before coming to Man Utd
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
GBR1:

There are more coaches better than LVG but maybe he was just the best available when we needed to offload Moyes. In my opinion, Pep and Jose are better coaches than Ancelloti though, and all 3 are better than LVG.
yeah that World Cup run also helped.
he over achieved with that Dutch team. haters will always try to re write history.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
Anybody who wants Louis Okomu Banga to continue as our manager is an enemy of the club!!!! angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 6:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
raumdeuter:

If I cant judge him by his most recent job at Chelsea where he was sacked for flirting with relegation, Can I judge him for the previous one at Madrid?
I'm not saying you shouldn't judge by his time at chelsea but it's wrong when it's the only time reference you used. Everything should be used relatively with several variables and proportions. You passed a very poor judgement. I have some doubts too about Mourinho but it's a stretch too far to say it's all as a result of his last campaign which was controversial. That's the first and only time he was that bad ever in his career.
He's still the current/reigning EPL winner and the nonsense you brought up can't take that away.
where he was also sacked after ending trophyless and for bringing shame to Madrid name by instigating fights?
In Ancellotti last campaign at Madrid, he finished trophyless and got sacked. Did that stop Bayern from appointing him?. stop being an hypocrite. Mourinho did not even finish the season (though we don't know how chelsea would have finish the season)
what do you want me to judge him by? His performances in 12yrs ago for FC Porto or those 6yrs ago for Inter? You can as well get Benitez who also won the CL 11yrs ago and played a CL final 9yrs ago
I think by now you should know how to judge him, if you really want to be reasonable.
LVG won the CL over 18 years ago but he was still considered good and we appointed him. Jose's record is not a problem.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
GBR1:

Yes it's official now.... http://www.valenciacf.com/ver/57041/comunicado-oficial-.html

They left that decision too late i think. Where is nyabingyi?
lol.... You surely not like Neville

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:35pm On Mar 30, 2016
GBR1:

I'm not saying you shouldn't judge by his time at chelsea but it's wrong when it's the only time reference you used. Everything should be used relatively with several variables and proportions. You passed a very poor judgement. I have some doubts too about Mourinho but it's a stretch too far to say it's all as a result of his last campaign which was controversial. That's the first and only time he was that bad ever in his career.

The post I referred to didnt the poster judge LvG by ONLY his time at Man Utd? What variable and proportions were used when evaluating LvG?

He's still the current/reigning EPL winner and the nonsense you brought up can't take that away.

Well he is still currently jobless and nothing can take that away. He is jobless because he was sacked for flirting with relegation

In Ancellotti last campaign at Madrid, he finished trophyless and got sacked. Did that stop Bayern from appointing him?.
At Ancelottis last job he won a CL title. Thats why Bayern is hiring him and not Mourinho

stop being an hypocrite. Mourinho did not even finish the season (though we don't know how chelsea would have finish the season) I think by now you should know how to judge him, if you really want to be reasonable.

Mourinho was averaging 1 win per month and you want him to finish the season? If you own a company and see a manager declaring losses every month would you wait to see if he would actually bankrupt the company before firing him?

LVG won the CL over 18 years ago but he was still considered good and we appointed him. Jose's record is not a problem.

LvG recent records has him 3rd at the world cup. That is the current situation and you are the hypocrite here. When the same type of scrutiny you beamed on LvG was done to Mourinho you started throwing fits

All I did was use the same criteria used to judge LvG for Mourinho and guess what he fell flat
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 6:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
I believe Gary Neville have learnt his lesson as a first team manager at Valencia though he failed but this experience will spur and caution him how to analyze game in future.........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 6:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
raumdeuter:

After the Barcelona debacle What did LvG do? He went to a small club AZ Alkmaar and won the league with them. So Bayern hired LvG after he won a league with AZ not after he almost relegated Barca
Stop trying to be clever by half. You aren't the only one who knows history.
LVG stock was far lower than Jose's own after he almost relegated Barca because he already had a previous campaign which failed. That campaign was his first stint with the dutch national side when he remarkably failed and he couldn't even qualify them for world cup. It was after this he was chased away to Barca where he failed again with Barca few points above relegation. Mourinho is the current EPL winner. His current situation differs a lot from LVG's. You are making this argument too easy for me.

If you want to draw parallels with Bayern hiring LVG vs Man Utd hiring Mourinho, after almost relegating Chelsea, let him go take Augsburg, West brom, Levante and win the league with them like LVG did with AZ Alkmaar before coming to Man Utd
I have already proved Jose doesn't need to do such a thing. He has done greater in the past and his record speaks for him.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
GBR1:

Stop trying to be clever by half. You aren't the only one who knows history.
LVG stock was far lower than Jose's own after he almost relegated Barca because he already had a previous campaign which failed. That campaign was his first stint with the dutch national side when he remarkably failed and he couldn't even qualify them for world cup. It was after this he was chased away to Barca where he failed again with Barca few points above relegation. Mourinho was is the current EPL winner. His current situation differs a lot from LVG's. You are making this argument too easy for me.

I have already proved Jose doesn't need to do such a thing. He has done greater in the past and his record speaks for him.

Whats this clever by half you talk about

After LvG almost relegated Barca what did he do next? He went to AZ and won the league which brought his stocks back up again That is facts that is history not fairy tales you want us to believe

Winning CL previously winning La Liga with Barca didnt stop LvG from going to the basics and proving himself with AZ after he failed in Barca

LvG had CL succes in the past Mourinho had CL success in the past

LvG won several league for several clubs, Mourinho won several league for clubs

LvG almost relegated Barca, Mourinho almost relagated Chelsea

Lvg went to rehabilitate himself from a small club before going to a big club (Bayern), Let Mourinho also go rehabilitate himself with a small club like West Brom Augsburg or Levante before going to a big club. If those are too small he should start from AS Roma Schalke and Sevilla

Despite LvG success in the past he still went to a smaller club to rejuvenate his career let Mourinho do the same before looking for a top club

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
raumdeuter:

The post I referred to didnt the poster judge LvG by ONLY his time at Man Utd? What variable and proportions were used when evaluating LvG?
It's your post i had issues with regardless.

Well he is still currently jobless and nothing can take that away. He is jobless because he was sacked for flirting with relegation

At Ancelottis last job he won a CL title. Thats why Bayern is hiring him and not Mourinho
Ancelloti was Jobless for a while too and in a way still jobless until the start of next season when he takes over and it's most likely Jose has already signed a contract with united but it hasn't been announced just yet. I don't even see where you are driving at with this because this is another silly logic and you've been employing too much of this lately. You do this most times when you are out of points to make.
I can say too that in Mourinho's last job he won a league title and he's still the current winner unlike Carlo that was the previous CL winner when he was appointed.

Mourinho was averaging 1 win per month and you want him to finish the season? If you own a company and see a manager declaring losses every month would you wait to see if he would actually bankrupt the company before firing him?

How many wins was Klopp averaging per month when he was with dormund in that difficult season? Dortmund eventually finished 7th or so. You are not a god to determine the future that easily and stocks losses in economics do not exactly correlate with football performances. Don't make me give instances because you would get embarrassed by the nonsense you have been spewing lately.

LvG recent records has him 3rd at the world cup. That is the current situation and you are the hypocrite here. When the same type of scrutiny you beamed on LvG was done to Mourinho you started throwing fits

All I did was use the same criteria used to judge LvG for Mourinho and guess what he fell flat
I have gone over this already and i don't need to repeat myself.

Your negative obsession with Mourinho regards united is only gonna cause you more embarrassments like this when you are running from pillar to post and pontificating like you are doing currently.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
Odunharry:

lol.... You surely not like Neville
no i actually admire his courage or should i say stupidity in doing what he did. He's a braver man than Giggs if you know what i mean.
cheesy
raumdeuter:

Whats this clever by half you talk about

After LvG almost relegated Barca what did he do next? He went to AZ and won the league which brought his stocks back up again That is facts that is history not fairy tales you want us to believe

Winning CL previously winning La Liga with Barca didnt stop LvG from going to the basics and proving himself with AZ after he failed in Barca

LvG had CL succes in the past Mourinho had CL success in the past

LvG won several league for several clubs, Mourinho won several league for clubs

LvG almost relegated Barca, Mourinho almost relagated Chelsea

Lvg went to rehabilitate himself from a small club before going to a big club (Bayern), Let Mourinho also go rehabilitate himself with a small club like West Brom Augsburg or Levante before going to a big club. If those are too small he should start from AS Roma Schalke and Sevilla

Despite LvG success in the past he still went to a smaller club to rejuvenate his career let Mourinho do the same before looking for a top club
Read the post you quoted again(this time slowly) and see if you're making any sense. That post replies this nonsense you have written again.

You lost this argument a long time ago since you refused to be objective, and now you can keep quiet and move along if you have nothing else to say.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:35pm On Mar 30, 2016
GBR1:

Read the post you quoted again(this time slowly) and see if you're making any sense. That post replies this nonsense you have written again.

You lost this argument a long time ago since you refused to be objective, and now you can keep quiet and move along if you have nothing else to say.

How can it make sense to you when you have no nous to detect one? I know its fashionable amongst lemmings to just come and abuse LvG because actually thinking is hard. So every Taju, Sule and Chukwudi would just come say whatever about LvG without any thought process following it

You are the one who refused to be objective. Simply put Mourinho on the same datum you used to evaluate LvG and he failed yet you are ranting bar common sense running from pillar to post

When your head is far up Jose arsee that you would even lie and even edit posts regarding Mourinho

Were you not the one who told us openly that Mourinho didnt lose to Bournemouth when you were caught shamefully went to edit the post

Truth is lets use the same thing you used to judge LvG and Mourinho and lets see how Jose is any better. But common sense would always evade you

Yesterday I was here telling Kagawa the mistakes and misdeeds of LvG. Which tells you I dont regard LvG as a god unlike you that would jump out leaving common sense at home to defend Mourinho even lie and edit posts to justify whatever rubbish you are serving for the day
when would you remove your tongue lodged deep in Mourinhos anus and reason for a second

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 7:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
raumdeuter:

How can it make sense to you when you have no nous to detect one?

You are the one who refused to be objective. Simply put Mourinho on the same datum you used to evaluate LvG and he failed yet you are ranting bar common sense running from pillar to post
I already proved you cannot use the same data since their situations were different. I addressed that in the post below earlier but your comprehension problems prevented you from understanding. That's why i said you should read that post again.

LVG stock was far lower than Jose's own after he almost relegated Barca because he already had a previous campaign which failed. That campaign was his first stint with the dutch national side when he remarkably failed and he couldn't even qualify them for world cup. It was after this he was chased away to Barca where he failed again with Barca few points above relegation. Mourinho is the current EPL winner. His current situation differs a lot from LVG's. You are making this argument too easy for me.

When your head is far up Jose arsee that you would even lie and even edit posts regarding Mourinho
Dayokanu read!

Were you not the one who told us openly that Mourinho didnt lose to Bournemouth when you were caught shamefully went to edit the post

Truth is lets use the same thing you used to judge LvG and Mourinho and lets see how Jose is any better. But common sense would always evade you

Yesterday I was here telling Kagawa the mistakes and misdeeds of LvG. Which tells you I dont regard LvG as a god unlike you that would jump out leaving common sense at home to defend Mourinho even lie and edit posts to justify whatever rubbish you are serving for the day
when would you remove your tongue lodged deep in Mourinhos anus and reason for a second
This only reinforces what i said earlier. You only bring up this past deed when you are beaten to a corner like currently and have nowhere to run to. I don't need to bring up your past misdeeds or goofs to defeat you in any debate, and i don't see myself needing it the future. It's only a prerogative of yours.

Well it's not in your nature to give up easily, so i won't bother replying on this since you nothing objective to say and spare you the pain of posting nonsense when you are out of points.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
GBR1:

I already proved you cannot use the same data since their situations were different. I addressed that in the post below earlier but your comprehension problems prevented you from understanding. That's why i said you should read that post again.
Dayokanu read!.

The point here is LvG almost relegated Barca, He went to pick a small team and started from the scratch, Jose almost relegated Chelsea when would he go start from the scratch like LvG did to propel himself back to football relevance.

Mourinho several years ago was highly rated and desired by many top clubs, today he has fallen and only very few top clubs would want to have anything to do with him. After his first stint at Chelsea almost every club would line up for him, Top clubs would rather gamble on rookies like Zidane than employ him. The same place he went to that he claimed "I am going to where I am loved" has sent him out twice. Now only very desperate clubs like Man Utd would een consider him. If Man Utd doesnt hire him lets see where he would go

This only reinforces what i said earlier. You only bring up this past deed when you are beaten to a corner like currently and have nowhere to run to. I don't need to bring up your past misdeeds or goofs to defeat you in any debate, and i don't see myself needing it the future. It's only a prerogative of yours.

Well it's not in your nature to give up easily, so i won't bother replying on this since you nothing objective to say and spare you the pain of posting nonsense when you are out of points

Shut up. It simply shows you would go to any lenght to defend Mourinho even lie and edit posts. The evidence is here on the forum. Thats the worst thing anyone can do. Why not simply admit you goofed but in your world you stated you can never admit you erred even when everyone sees it

Are you telling us you have changed from the lying and post editing scumbag of a few weeks ago? I may lose debates I may make errors like everyone in the forum but unlike you very few people on the forum would bother to edit posts and even state they can never admit they made mistakes

My point remain the same standard you used for LvG use it for Mourinho. and lets see the result
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
@GBR1

If fergie was still in charge and we were still winning trophies and all... only for him to announce his retirement, Do you think we woulld be looking to replace him with a coach who was recently sacked for battling relegation at a top club..all in the name of past records?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
Kagawa10, GBR1 has already done justice to what I wanted to reply you. But I want to comment on the issue of "giving the youth players a chance."

Even though I quiet commend Van Gaal on the chances given to Rashford and co, I don't really buy into all the hype and praises that LvG is getting for it like he had choices and decided to give those guys chances. Let's face the truth, Gaal had no choice but to use the youths with all the injuries our senior players suffered. It wasn't as if the whole first 11 were fit and he chose the youngings instead. Who do expect him to use with all these injuries that befell us? Me?

If injury didn't get to Martial at the final hour, Rashford might never have gotten his chance. If Rooney and Martial were fit, LvG wouldn't have given the chance to Rash.

The Utd team had players like Young, Shaw, Jones, Rojo, Rooney, Hererra, Fellani, Carrick, Darmian, Valencia, Teiger, Schneiderlin, even DdG suffering big or minor injuries this season. Tell me, who was he supposed to field? Ghosts? Of course it's the youths. Yes, in January TW, he could have bought new players, but the truth is even average players were not available this time around. No good player was in the market for the taking. So he had no choice than to stick to the youths.

Does he deserve commendation for it? Yes. But the excessive hype about it is overblown IMHO.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:15pm On Mar 30, 2016
^^
Exactly bro, why didn't he give the youth chance when Rooney was misfiring and Mata dulling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
Dadehmola:
@GBR1

If fergie was still in charge and we were still winning trophies and all... only for him to announce his retirement, Do you think we woulld be looking to replace him with a coach who was recently sacked for battling relegation at a top club..all in the name of past records?

Yes, we would. C'mon, It's Moaninghoe we're talking about here not some couch potato of a coach. Let's not try to diminish his abilities and records coz of one terrible season with Shekpe. MaureenHoe's CV is as good as it gets. Only coach presently that's a match for him is Guardiola.

The ONLY reason that would deter Utd in such a scenario from making moves for MoaningHoe is his bad attitude and uncouth mouth. His penchant for causing havoc everywhere he goes is his bane of football existence. Remove that bad attitude and see if Utd won't be begging him to come coach us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
chrisley024:
^^
Exactly bro, why didn't he give the youth chance when Rooney was misfiring and Mata dulling.

LvG does not fool me one bit!! I'm too watchful for his deceitful antics. Even the English press must be taking a piss if they think I will fall for all the hype behind LvG's giving of chances to the youths. All things being equal, Borthwick-jackson, Mensah, Rashford and other youngings won't play an European match much less an EPL match. When Rooney went for months without scoring, why was Rashford not called up? Yes, I commend him for the chances, but it isn't something special. He was FORCED to field them!! He had NO choice.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
sinizia:
Yes, we would. C'mon, It's Moaninghoe we're talking about here not some couch potato of a coach. Let's not try to diminish his abilities and records coz of one terrible season with Shekpe. MaureenHoe's CV is as good as it gets. Only coach presently that's a match for him is Guardiola.

The ONLY reason that would deter Utd in such a scenario from making moves for MoaningHoe is his bad attitude and uncouth mouth. His penchant for causing havoc everywhere he goes is his bane of football existence. Remove that bad attitude and see if Utd won't be begging him to come coach us.

Mourinho has been sacked at his last 2 jobs not just Chelsea

And why are clubs not chasing him around like they were in 2007.

After Mourinho was sacked, Bayern has appointed Carlo, Madrid has appointed Zidane, City has appointed Guardiola, PSG has renewed Blanc

These are big clubs that would have normally looked at Mourinho and they all looked away even when they needed coaches and Mourinho is jobless and available

According to reports, Mourinho is begging for Man utd job badly and had to write an undertaking. Man Utd thought about it not once not twice even some people are still not convinced about him till now in Man Utd organisation. Would that have happened to him 8yrs ago?

The only reason Man Utd is considering him is because of LvG failures, If LvG is sitting top of the league right now or even top 2, tell me which top club Mourinho go coach next season

Football and coaching is by what you achieved at your last job, If na by CV Benitez wont be coaching a relegation team currently
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
raumdeuter:

Mourinho has been sacked at his last 2 jobs not just Chelsea

And why are clubs not chasing him around like they were in 2007.

After Mourinho was sacked, Bayern has appointed Carlo, Madrid has appointed Zidane, City has appointed Guardiola, PSG has renewed Blanc

These are big clubs that would have normally looked at Mourinho and they all looked away even when they needed coaches and Mourinho is jobless and available

According to reports, Mourinho is begging for Man utd job badly and had to write an undertaking. Man Utd thought about it not once not twice even some people are still not convinced about him till now in Man Utd organisation. Would that have happened to him 8yrs ago?

The only reason Man Utd is considering him is because of LvG failures, If LvG is sitting top of the league right now or even top 2, tell me which top club Mourinho go coach next season

If na by CV Benitez wont be coaching a relegation team currently

Ancelotti was sacked twice too but Bayern got him. His CV is not a match against Mourinho's. And you keep talking about Zidane. Didn't you read the news that Madrid reached out to Mourinho first but coz of the bad blood between them, he refused.

Dayo, the MAIN problem that Mourinho is facing is his ATTITUDE not coaching ability. Mourinho fights with everybody wherever he goes and clubs don't want that. This is just the main truth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
sinizia:

LvG does not fool me one bit!! I'm too watchful for his deceitful antics. Even the English press must be taking a piss if they think I will fall for all the hype behind LvG's giving of chances to the youths. All things being equal, Borthwick-jackson, Mensah, Rashford and other youngings won't play an European match much less an EPL match. When Rooney went for months without scoring, why was Rashford not called up? Yes, I commend him for the chances, but it isn't something special. He was FORCED to field them!! He had NO choice.
Rashford was even called up cos Keane got injured.

Truth is every coach would have done the same in similar situation unless the coach and his staff were going to make up the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2016
raumdeuter:

Yes, I've read this report, but I've read another that contradicts that report where it was reported that Mourinho denied it and said he doesn't beg any club to sign him. So it could be all lies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
chrisley024:
Rashford was even called up cos Keane got injured.

Truth is every coach would have done the same in similar situation unless the coach and his staff were going to make up the team.

My own is, whether we're getting Mourinho or not, I want LvG out. Yes, he's a good coach with a good CV, but his methods doesn't work for Utd. Let him go and find another club to use his philosophy on. That's all I ask for.

Which sane coach who was wailing to the press that Utd needs to buy a fast paced winger like Robben and co will go ahead to sell Maria after ONE season without giving him half of the patience he has given Rooney? Sold Maria and didn't buy a replacement. Used Mata that lacks pace or dribbles to replace Maria. Plays Young at LB and out of partisanship plays Blind at CB?

Van Goat is too stúpid to remain at Utd. He has to go!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
sinizia:

Ancelotti was sacked twice too but Bayern got him. His CV is not a match against Mourinho's. And you keep talking about Zidane. Didn't you read the news that Madrid reached out to Mourinho first but coz of the bad blood between them, he refused.

Dayo, the MAIN problem that Mourinho is facing is his ATTITUDE not coaching ability. Mourinho fights with everybody wherever he goes and clubs don't want that. This is just the main truth.

Ancelotti has 3 CL trophies. He was the one that won the La decima Jose failed at. Ancelotti in the past decade has not threatened to relegate any of his team

If Madrid wanted Mourinho they would get him. If you are claiming bad blood, Was there bad blood between Mourinho and Bayern, Was there bad blood between Mourinho and City? was there bad blood between Mourinho and PSG? All these teams have made managerial decisions since Mourinho was fired and none of them took 2 looks at Mourinho who was available

I ask if Man Utd was top of the league which club would have hired Mourinho? Mourinhos problem goes beyond attitude, Was it attitude that got his team to 16th position winning a game per month? he isnt the first coach to fight people. Pep, Fergie are no saints either yet when Pep said he was leaving Bayern after Bayern literally begged him to stay, every club in Europe was on the alert.

Thats a coach in demand, Not the Mourinho you are telling us about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
sinizia:

Yes, I've read this report, but I've read another that contradicts that report where it was reported that Mourinho denied it and said he doesn't beg any club to sign him. So it could be all lies.

That would be believable for a coach many clubs are after. Aside Man Utd which other club is in contention for Mourinho as we speak? How many top teams signified interest in him since he was sacked?

When Pep announced he was leaving even Wenger had to complain because he said the moment Pep became available, every coach's job in Europe came under threat of sack. That was the position Mourinho was 8yrs ago.

Mourinho Now he is like an old spinster at a club who think she still got it while she has been in the club for 5hrs and not guy has approached her for a dance or drink

The only guy(Man Utd) who is thinking about it 10times is the guy whose current babe disappointed at the last min and he is looking for emergency replacement
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
sinizia:

Then why was he sacked a few months ago?? Why didn't his good records and impressive CV save him??

High profile managers with impressive CVs get to manage at top clubs even when they "fail" at their immediate past clubs - reputation plays an important role no doubt but I dont think battling relegation at a top club for half a season exactly fits into the permissible level of "Failure" here...

Even if Mou was the most humble manager in the Universe, I doubt if any top club woulda chosen him to replace Fergie under the circumstances I painted earlier.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:00pm On Mar 30, 2016
raumdeuter:

Ancelotti has 3 CL trophies. He was the one that won the La decima Jose failed at. Ancelotti in the past decade has not threatened to relegate any of his team

If Madrid wanted Mourinho they would get him. If you are claiming bad blood, Was there bad blood between Mourinho and Bayern, Was there bad blood between Mourinho and City? was there bad blood between Mourinho and PSG? All these teams have made managerial decisions since Mourinho was fired and none of them took 2 looks at Mourinho who was available

I ask if Man Utd was top of the league which club would have hired Mourinho? Mourinhos problem goes beyond attitude, Was it attitude that got his team to 16th position winning a game per month? he isnt the first coach to fight people. Pep, Fergie are no saints either yet when Pep said he was leaving Bayern after Bayern literally begged him to stay, every club in Europe was on the alert.

Thats a coach in demand, Not the Mourinho you are telling us about.

Yes, Ancelloti has more UCL trophies than Mourinho, but in total titles, Mourinho beasts him.

The bad blood according to the reports (not me) is between Madrid and him only. For PSG, Blanc is doing very well with PSG, I don't see any reason for him to be sacked. For City, City had already been making moves on Guardiola way before any club showed interest in him and before Mourinho was sacked. City had already finalized their plan before what befell Mourinho.

But Fergie and Guardiola don't insult rival coaches as much as Mourinho does. Fergie or Guardiola don't go about poking other coaches in the eyes. Guardiola or Fergie don't go about fighting the FA of their leagues all the time. Mourinho has a nauseating attitude and clubs are snubbing him for it.

Okay, I want to know your opinion. Do you want LvG to continue at Utd or you dislike Mourinho so much that you don't want even the short success he can bring for Utd?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
sinizia:

When he was one of the most sought after coaches in the world, he was still known to be a trouble maker.

what exactly has changed??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
GBR1:

It seems the world has left some of you behind. Look around you, almost all top coaches don't stay long again and most top clubs blueprints currently do not support that approach. SAF was the last of those kind of top coaches because i don't think Wenger is currently good. It was this kind of foolish thinking that made us appoint Moyes and we gave him a six-year contract deluding ourselves he could continue the good work of SAF, and we ignored top coaches available then because we wanted stupid stability coupled with Moyes' mediocrity.

The only manager in this list close to Mourinho is Ancelotti and i don't even think he's better than Jose. The rest have proven nothing and have won shi.t. That could change soon but we are not currently a club for experiments by those coaches when a certified option is out there available.
You make too much speculations/assumptions to sound reasonable. I'm not even interested in destroying the falsehoods in the post i just quoted so i would make this very simple for you.
If LVG has a vision for our club (though i really doubt this), i'm sure it's one that's gonna fail. He's gonna retire next year either way, so if he couldn't implement those visions in almost 2 years, then we'd be fools to wait on him for another year and by the time he's leaving we might not have good options for coaches like Mourinho. I wonder the way some of you reason at all. LVG never recovers from these kind of lows, and it's more unlikely now and also it's obvious he's past it. For example, he left Barcelona (at his 2nd stint) 3 points above relegation before he was chased away and Raumdeuter would deceive some fools into believing we shouldn't appoint Jose because he left chelsea in similar state when his club Bayern with this knowledge still appointed LVG then. Then he got sacked at bayern when he was struggling to make champion league places though he had previously won a league title and gotten them to the finals of the CL . He hasn't done nothing like that here. He has won nothing here or proved anything to even make us consider giving him the last year.

Sincerely, I don't know what it will take for some of you to realize that the LVG experiment has failed and it's time to move on, and unfortunately, we don't have that much time any longer.
LOL!
Do you know what assumption/speculation is?
How is the midfield of Bastian and Schneiderlin based on assumption when the aforementioned players are right here at the club and started most of our games at the start of the season? How does my statement about LVg wanting a pacy attacker in the attacking midfield role based on speculation when he's severally tried the likes of Herrera/Januzaj in the said role without success before Lingard came to be in the role!
You're just being stup!d. End of.
And your point about Moyes being equivalent to LVG is absurd! Has Moyes ever built a working foundation that's good for a top club like Pocchentino did at Spurs or LvG did at Ajax? Why are my even wasting my time with this one!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2753) (2754) (2755) (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m), timbros(m), fyinka47(m), Pegasus01, MRTA7 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.