Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8744934 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:35am On Apr 28, 2016
Baba Flip Flopping on the roll!!!... Ram-the-third!!! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:58am On Apr 28, 2016
This Ramumu na real Dunlop.. I haven't seen a sane man flip flop like he does..

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 28, 2016
GBR1 won the argument flawlessly! It's not a crime to accept defeat and move on! No one is Mayweather on Nairaland!
Ram should accept defeat and move on honorably!
grin

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 7:27am On Apr 28, 2016
chidexxy007:

hey..... Papa na lie. Simoene default setting na parking d bus..
Atleast i've watched a good number of their games this season, it has always being counter attack even against teams like Eibar nd Las Palmas.
That's a lie! He doesn't park the bus against average teams. He attacks, but like raumdeuter rightly stated, he doesn't do that the way Barça, Bayern, Madrid or even PSG does, but in a sorta controlled manner. He does it without losing the shape of the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 7:30am On Apr 28, 2016
Elxandre:

Okay, he was accused of being negative at Madrid, yet Madrid scored record number of goals.
I think he parked mostly in his first season in England (2nd spell), because he still arguably had a weaker squad.
He still even whipped Moyes black and blue that season, 6-0 I think.

His second season had Chelsea playing some stunning football for a great part of the season.

I think It's difficult to have this argument since Simeone doesn't have an expensive squad yet.
His second season, which was last season, he parked lots of busses.cheesy Against United, City, Assnal; these I am very sure of.

As for your last sentence, exactly why we shouldn't be talking about this in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 7:54am On Apr 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

Thats why I told you I am not here to babysit you. To post online you need some native intelligence to understand

Its like you lack that.

Fergie in 26yrs won 2 CL titles with man Utd and was knighted for that

Guardiola in a shorter time has equaled that and beat Fergie twice to win his own 2 titles

Dude stop this nonsense!
What manner of prevarication is this?
You seem to flip worse than the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

Smh

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

fergie was not knighted because he won '2 ucl '. he was knighted as a result of his past exploits in football which hit a high cresendo in 1999 with a wonderful treble

accept defeat and move on.

no need for all these stronghead

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 8:32am On Apr 28, 2016
GBR1:

You have shifted the limits of the arguments but you are still wrong again. Here's your initial post.

With United in Europe he won the UEFA Cup winners' in 1991 and European super cup again, then won the CL in 1999 and 2008.

So how is the total of his achievements even with United in Europe 2 CL ?

YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN TO RUN DO YOU?

Kindly ignore that _moron?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2016
dmcdad:

That's a lie! He doesn't park the bus against average teams. He attacks, but like raumdeuter rightly stated, he doesn't do that the way Barça, Bayern, Madrid or even PSG does, but in a sorta controlled manner. He does it without losing the shape of the team.
You are basing your opinion on the nonsense Dayo stated and you think you are making sense. If you go on with this, you would get exposed soon and he won't be able to save you either.
TheNonce:

Kindly ignore that _moron?
You're right; I won't reply him regards this exact debate any further.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:51am On Apr 28, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:53am On Apr 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

Thats why I told you I am not here to babysit you. To post online you need some native intelligence to understand

Its like you lack that.

Guardiola in a shorter time has equaled that and beat Fergie twice to win his own 2 titles

Fergie was knighted after "ONE" CL trophy, His second champions league trophy wasn't part of his achievements then as we all know it came 2008, they didn't just start referring to him as Sir Alex after 2008 bros

Admit you made a mistake, whether it was intentional or not is what I don't know
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 10:50am On Apr 28, 2016
GBR1:

You are basing your opinion on the nonsense Dayo stated and you think you are making sense. If you go on with this, you would get exposed soon and he won't be able to save you either. You're right; I won't reply him regards this exact debate any further.
And you think everyone is a noob just as you?

Stop messing yourself. If my argument is correct, admit it and if it's wrong, point it out. Stop making yourself seem wise and intelligent when you are not. Comments like the above doesn't speak well of you. I'm telling you what I know, you are telling me about Dayo.

Abeg, comot for road make I pass jare. And don't bother mentioning me again because I wouldn't want someone who would rather not face facts but resort to some silly excuses when he sees one (fact).

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lordfalcao(m): 11:09am On Apr 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

Its like you lack that.

you're saying he was knighted because he won 2 UCL ,but he was knighted for winning the treble
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 28, 2016
See as everybody dey attack one person and e stiil no gree give up grin grin ..... E no easy at all cheesy Even in the face of crystal clear defeat grin. ..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 11:43am On Apr 28, 2016
GBR1, you are not a good person.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:51am On Apr 28, 2016
grin grin grin

As usual, this bros is getting his aŕse handed to him on a plate.

Dayokanu is just a slight upgrade on Kagawa10 /Spy360 jare!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 28, 2016
Fergie in 26yrs won 2 CL titles with man Utd and was knighted for that.

Pa Ramuzaki - 2016

That is he was knighted coz he won 2 UCLs in 26 years. And yet, its obvious to d deaf and dumb that Fergie was knighted in 1999 for his exploits in Football at the time. Especially after the 99 treble.

Yet he'll come here and start telling us bullshît of how he has more football knowledge in his toenails blah blah blah. Anyways, u're not wrong tho. Coz u've obviously been acting like someone who thinks through his toes recently...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 12:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
dmcdad:

And you think everyone is like a noob just as you?

Stop messing yourself. If my argument is correct, admit it and if it's wrong, point it out. Stop making yourself seem wise and intelligent when you are not. Comments like the above doesn't speak well of you. I'm telling you what I know, you are telling me about Dayo.
I don't know what you're on about with this post. I clearly stated the assertion you are pushing with Raumdeutеr is wrong and you were using him as reference. I have done nothing wrong with this.

Abeg, comot for road make I pass jare. And don't bother mentioning again because I wouldn't want someone who would rather not face facts but resort to some silly excuses when he sees one (fact).
It's funny you're asking for facts when they won't even back you up. Clearly I'm not interested in the argument with you and that's why I told off lightly but you are taking it wrongly and I assure you that should I quote those your previous posts, you would get exposed and these ''facts'' you are requesting for would be against you. smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
GBR1:

I don't know what you're on about with this post. I clearly stated the assertion you are pushing with Raumdeutеr is wrong and you were using him as reference. I have done nothing wrong with this.

It's funny you asking for facts when they won't even back you up. I'm not interested in the argument and that's why I told off lightly but you are taking it wrongly and I assure you that should I quote your those your previous posts, you would get exposed and these ''facts'' you are requesting for would be against you. smiley
I guess your obsession with DK is the cause of this. Hence, your thinking.

Quote me on what I said and in what regards I said it, and let's see who will get exposed. It seems you are just thinking everyone is as myopic as you and can be exposed. Besides, I don't see how stating a fact can expose someone. If anyone can be exposed here, it's you.

I guess you didn't get the argument from the get go, hence your responses. Don't always be in a hurry to wanna expose someone, when you are the one to be exposed. I just don't have time digging up where this started, and I can assure you that you quoted me wrongly.

Please I don't have time for merry-go-rounds. Maybe you do. It's tiresome how everytime some of you wanna argue about everything, even when it's unnecessary. You can continue your argument with DK, I don't have a problem with that.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
dmcdad:

Maybe you do. It's tiresome how everytime some of you wanna argue about everything, even when it's unnecessary. You can continue your argument with DK, I don't have a problem with that.

Oh someone else noticed?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

Oh someone else noticed?
As in ehn... Everybody now dey form arguments whether e make sense or not. If we must argue, let's argue because it's worth it. Found out this, found out that. Expose this, expose that. Na wa oooo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JigsawKillah(m): 1:32pm On Apr 28, 2016
Its that time of the year again when beauty, brains and wit will win the much coveted crown of Miss Nairaland 2016 and I want to use this medium to ask you to vote and support Ms Lanicky because she is

L - Loving
A - Agile
N - Natural
I - Intelligent
C - Creative
K - Kind
Y - Young

cc
GBR1 (Ramuzaki's killer) grin
Raumdeuter
Dmcdad
Elxandre
Elampiro
Adelana1
Kokaneprodigy
Dopejemi
Sinizia
Gloryisaac
Dahdemola
Royale442
Lordfalcao
Hensben
Bigkesh
Nihilist
Kaykaymaybachz
Fcbonsai
Thenonce
Sebod
A40
Funlord
Chidexxy007
Chelseafan1
Chestar5

I'll be back to remind you all when voting starts proper... We appreciate your support in advance. Check her out @ www.Nairaland.com/Lanicky

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ramudeen gets shat upon by GBR1 YET AGAIN!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ignaz(m): 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
so raumdeuter was yet again, taken to the pillory and spat upon by all forms of internet degenerates. that's what you get when you choose to remain an oponufied and an over aged buffóon on a forum teeming with intelligent youths

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
dmcdad:

Quote me on what I said and in what regards I said it, and let's see who will get exposed. It seems you are just thinking everyone is as myopic as you and can be exposed. Besides, I don't see how stating a fact can expose someone. If anyone can be exposed here, it's you.
I guess you didn't get the argument from the get go, hence your responses. Don't always be in a hurry to wanna expose someone, when you are the one to be exposed. I just don't have time digging up where this started, and I can assure you that you quoted me wrongly.
Please I don't have time for merry-go-rounds. Maybe you do. It's tiresome how everytime some of you wanna argue about everything, even when it's unnecessary. You can continue your argument with DK, I don't have a problem with that.
I don't have obsession/problem with Dayo or anybody. You are only seeing what you want to see. I knew exactly what i was saying and i would prove it now.
dmcdad:

dmcdad:

His second season, which was last season, he parked lots of busses.cheesy Against United, City, Assnal; these I am very sure of.
As for your last sentence, exactly why we shouldn't be talking about this in the first place.
Those are your previous posts regards Simeone and Mourinho on this thread . You are asserting that Mourinho parks the bus more often than Simeone and this is false.
In every league Mourinho has managed, his teams have always scored considerable number of goals almost always in the top 3 highest. It's only against top opposition or in the major games he gets very cautious/defensive and unfortunately these are the most viewed or popular games, so most folks find it easy to label him defensive. Mourinho hardly finds it difficult against usual opposition teams or breaking down lesser teams and they get destroyed more often than not. It's the converse with Simeone who has a problem sometimes breaking down those kind of teams and his teams score far fewer goals generally than Jose's. Athetico have an unsually high amount of clean sheets especially relative to the number of goals scored and these stuff don't come cheaply. These are facts you can verify and i could give you enough examples over a good sample space to build on.

In general, Simeone is a far more defensive coach than Mourinho. No amount of revisionism can change that. You might not his personality or his acts but it's sheer hypocrisy to condemn him for it and praise another individual for something similar.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dadehmola:
grin grin grin

As usual, this bros is getting his aŕse handed to him on a plate.

Dayokanu is just a slight upgrade on Kagawa10 /Spy360 jare!!
I doubt if you ever tasted breast milk. You sound abandoned from birth. #UselessChild

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
GBR1:

I don't have obsession/problem with Dayo or anybody. You are only seeing what you want to see. I knew exactly what i was saying and i would prove it now.
Those are your previous posts regards Simeone and Mourinho on this thread . You are asserting that Mourinho parks the bus more often than Simeone and this is false.
In every league Mourinho has managed, his teams have always scored considerable number of goals almost always in the top 3 highest. It's only against top opposition or in the major games he gets very cautious/defensive and unfortunately these are the most viewed or popular games, so most folks find it easy to label him defensive. Mourinho hardly finds it difficult against usual opposition teams or breaking down lesser teams and they get destroyed more often than not. It's the converse with Simeone who has a problem sometimes breaking down those kind of teams and his teams score far fewer goals generally than Jose's. Athetico have an unsually high amount of clean sheets especially relative to the number of goals scored and these stuff don't come cheaply. These are facts you can verify and i could give you enough examples over a good sample space to build on.

In general, Simeone is a far more defensive coach than Mourinho. No amount of revisionism can change that. You might not his personality or his acts but it's sheer hypocrisy to condemn him for it and praise another individual for something similar.
I wonder why people can be so assuming...

It was Mou himself who coined the term 'park bus'. Anyone who thinks Mou doesn't play defensive is either being silly or simply does not understand football dynamics.

That a team score many goals does not imply they are attacking. Arsenal for example is an attacking side but has scored less goals among the top 4. Leicester on the other hand play tight has has more goals than every other PL side.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
Spy360:

I doubt if you ever tasted breast milk. You sound abandoned from birth. #UselessChild

grin grin grin

E pain am!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 3:53pm On Apr 28, 2016
GBR1:

That's the problem with you... Like I stated, you are always in a haste to bring out something from nothing, trying to make a mountain outta a mole hill and thereby losing your sense of complete reasoning. No offence on this, but that's the truth. Now tell me how I implied Simeone parks the bus less than Mourinho from the quoted posts. Tell me! That's what I am saying, you need to look before you leap!

Someone said Mourinho only did it in his first stint with Chelsea, and I pointed out that he did it a couple of times last season, precisely against the big boys. How that translates to Mourinho parking the bus more than Simeone is beyond me. Gosh!

Plus, my last sentence in the second post you quoted stated and and kinda reaffirmed what the person I quoted said about not judging Simeone since he operates a team who are considerably on a very low budget compared to other top sides. Or you wanna tell me this ain't true too?

Finally, the argument wasn't about who parked the bus more, but about the fact that both do the park-the-bus thingy, but Mourinho operated or rather had a star-studded side to work with (in both stints at Chelsea and Madrid and even Inter) as against what Simeone has.

No?

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ignaz(m): 4:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
Spy360:

It was Mou himself who coined the term 'park bus'. Anyone who thinks Mou doesn't play defensive is either being silly or simply does not understand football dynamics.

and when one calls you the brainless one you'll start flipping like a pregnant woman in labour. can you show us the gent who claimed that jm doesn't play defensive?

That a team score many goals does not imply they are attacking.

can you please adumbrate on the above? can a player score without leaving his post? you're by default living on an expired brain.

Arsenal for example is an attacking side but has scored less goals among the top 4. Leicester on the other hand play tight has has more goals than every other PL side.

the reason arsenal is not scoring is due to the cluelessness of its headmen. how can you be having giroud and walcott spearheading your attack and hope to score 80 goals when either of them can barely guarantee 15 goals in an injury free season?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
Spy360:

No one is debating who coined the term or it's origin here. It's irrelevant and when he used the term it wasn't to describe how his teams play but it was used to label the opposition team he faced then

That a team score many goals does not imply they are attacking. Arsenal for example is an attacking side but has scored less goals among the top 4. Leicester on the other hand play tight has has more goals than every other PL side.
Goals scored is one very effective way to measure or determine team's gameplay, strength or position. It's no coincidence that the teams with most goals or the best attacking teams are almost always in top position of the table.
You are clearly confused and misguided here. It's one thing to attack, and it's another to attack effectively. Arsenal only does the former coupled with consideration possession stats and they are labelled an attacking team albeit they are a poor man attacking club. Man city or Tottenham's attack obviously have performed better than Arsenal's this season and you're even an Arsenal fan; it's normal for you to sound biased and appear deluded. Also Leceister have fewer goals than Man city or Tottenham so stop telling lies as facts. I don't even know why i quoted this nonsense you posted.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
dmcdad:

That's the problem with you... Like I stated, you are always in a haste to bring out something from nothing, trying to make a mountain outta a mole hill and thereby losing your sense of complete reasoning. No offence on this, but that's the truth. Now tell me how I implied Simeone parks the bus less than Mourinho from the quoted posts. Tell me! That's what I am saying, you need to look before you leap!
I told initially i didn't want to have this argument but you said i should go on. Now i proved exactly what i meant and you are going south. Sorry if i misrepresented what you said wrongly or i but i addressed your major point.
dmcdad:

Simeone finds it difficult against average teams too because his teams teams are not attacking enough even when they need to be. The matches against Malaga or PSV in CL are cheap examples when Atletico finds it difficult to break down lesser sides and there are various more. The poster you replied to with this post was right when he said Athletico default mode is parking the bus and you disagreed with that. It's true.

Someone said Mourinho only did it in his first stint with Chelsea, and I pointed out that he did it a couple of times last season, precisely against the big boys. How that translates to Mourinho parking the bus more than Simeone is beyond me. Gosh!

Again i apologized if i misrepresented your words by stating you meant Jose parks the bus more often but my initial reply was not far off.

Plus, my last sentence in the second post you quoted stated and and kinda reaffirmed what the person I quoted said about not judging Simeone since he operates a team who are considerably on a very low budget compared to other top sides. Or you wanna tell me this ain't true too?

Finally, the argument wasn't about who parked the bus more, but about the fact that both do the park-the-bus thingy, but Mourinho operated or rather had a star-studded side to work with (in both stints at Chelsea and Madrid and even Inter) as against what Simeone has.

No?
When Mourinho was at Porto, he had a limited budget to work with too but his team was still more attacking than this current atletico. He won the CL parking the bus along the way with Porto (something Simeone is still even yet to achieve) but he still get criticized for it by some folks while these same folks are full of praises for Simeone. It's hypocrisy and it's not fair. He had a limited budget to work with at Inter too and he only played defensive against vastly superior sides so i won't even go further regards this.
I remember Mourinho's first stint at Chelsea differently. It was extraordinary and far from defensive. I thought Fergie had lost it. You don't win the win by record points(95) with parking the bus. He won the league with over 90 points again the following season. In his 2nd stint at Chelsea he didn't have same quality personnel and didn't win the league until the following season and i remembered Chelsea played very good football in the first half of that season goals flowing but in the 2nd half of the season with injuries to some key players and some getting out of form, Mourinho got more defensive or should i say pragmatic and it was the right thing to do because he steadied Chelsea to the title. In Madrid he the same thing in similar circumstances.
I agree he's more defensive in the big games generally and i don't really have a problem with that as long as he gets a result. Fergie in his late years at United got more defensive or pragmatic in Europe and nobody criticized him for it because it brought more success; an excellent United played defensive in 2008 against a relatively weak Barcelona to get a result and go past, then were rewarded with a CL title. Our away games generally during that period were usually boring because we played so defensively.
I don't take pleasure in arguments and if you don't see things this way, then you have a problem with me that i cannot help you with.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ijustwantto, fredoooooo, superfelix and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.