Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3095) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8745980 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) (3097) (3098) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
Seems im the only one who doesn't believe much in kids..we need men now..even d likes od bayern and barca dont rely much on academy..after busquets in 09 when last was an academy player was a core membee of d 1st team...bayern nko..

Football is no longer for kidskids angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2016
PietroRico:
oga calm down.
TFM, (my name namesake grin) no dey go anywhere.
Some papers are reporting that he had been given assurances of his future actually, s that a new deal is being prepared..

Your name na timothy?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
SailorXY:
the same people saying Pogba's actual preference is Real Madrid. Fans here lap it all up & feel second rate. I just can't stop shaking my head.
he said that Madrid stuff way before this transfer.
this is hardly the first time,player have chosen money over a better career decision or a more enjoyable city.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
angry

THIS COUNTRY SEF?

Plate Number Robbery: There is a new number
plate hijacking trend. Hi-jackers follow you to a
parking lot, after you leave your vehicle, they
remove your number plate and wait. When u come back and drive off, they follow you. They then overtake you, displaying your number plate out of their window as if you just lost it and they want to give it back to you.

When you stop to get your number plate back,
guns come out and they take the car. Maybe
even take you and your car. It's a very well
rehearsed and organised plan and everything
happens very quickly. Other motorists may not be aware of what is happening as you stopped the car yourself. Pls alert others to this danger!!! Don't keep this news. Spread it.

"Culled from the sex thread"..........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2016
dubylhover:
Seems im the only one who doesn't believe much in kids..we need men now..even d likes od bayern and barca dont rely much on academy..after busquets in 09 when last was an academy player was a core membee of d 1st team...bayern nko..

Not when the kids are better than some of the so-called experienced (&useless) players we have...

Why sell/loan TMF & CBJ only to keep the Likes of Rojo & Jones?

I just hope the rumours are false..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
Dadehmola:

Not when the kids are better than some of the so-called experienced (&useless) players we have...

is their anybody in this team wey CBJ and TMF better pass at their respective position ?
honest question.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
SailorXY:
you just dey follow this deal bumper bumper.
Your thoughts on how Pogba will impact playing style with respect to Rooney's position?

I think there will be a lot of movement, running and counter attacking too.

Pogba = CM (box to box)
Rooney = Behind the striker

I think this is how Mourinho intends to start the season. The question is whether Rooney will be able to keep his starting place for long. We just wait to see how things work out.

Hope we seal the deal. Wish we could add Bonucci to play on the left side of our CD and provide world class leadership from the rare. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

he said that Madrid stuff way before this transfer.
this is hardly the first time,player have chosen money over a better career decision or a more enjoyable city.
the "quotes" will make more sense.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
Dadehmola:

Its d coaches decision sha..I just want d epl
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

these Poole and harrop are both still in the academy.
so they'll still get their chance.
truth is, I will rather most of these guys remain in the club playing U21 games than leave.
aside from welbeck and maybe lingard is their any other home grown talent that we've loaned away in recent time that came back better?.

With Mourinho, I doubt.

Mourinho hardly promote youth players. He only proceed with players that are already in the first team squad like he did with Balotelli, Varane etc. And even when he did promote, he only does it to fulfil all righteousness and not with the intention to use them as his first team players.

The most obvious moment was when his Chelsea team was performing badly and he believed the players had turned against him. That should have been the cue to play the youth players such as Traore, Chalobah et al but no, he continued with the same under-performing players.

As per the loan move, it work at times and may not work depending on the loan team's coach. Some coach would rather play their own youth players whom they are certain would remain at the club and give them stability at the end of the day than give chance to some untested lads from another club that would come calling afterwards.

However the onus is on the loaned player to show what he's capable of, in the few minutes he get. If he could displace a starting player in that team with his consistent fantastic performance, then great for him rather than competing with another youth player on the bench like Januzaj was doing with Hoffman on Dortmund bench. The coach has no problem giving more playing time to Hoffman. Although the blame is on Januzaj who should have gone to a lesser team because there's no way he would have displaced any of Mkhi, Kagawa and Reus in that starting team.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
adeyemi2015:

I can confidently assume these are the Players Mourinho needs for the upcoming Season.

Januzaj, Perreira and Co are definitely gonna be loaned out!
Smalling? Time will tell just forget all this media talks. Btw, Mensah is injured
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

is their anybody in this team wey CBJ and TMF better pass at their respective position ?
honest question.

Rather than paying that unreliable sick-note (Phil Jones) salary for nothing , i'd rather have the versatile TMF in my squad..

And yeah, CBJ is better than Rojo (at LB)!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
dopeJemi:

Your name na timothy?
no na Mensah. You no sabi say he from Tema?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
dubylhover:

Because others weren't as good as their starting players. There was Thiago who was more of an attacking player and there's no way he could have displaced Iniesta let alone Xavi. Beside that, they tried to hold on to Thiago but he wanted to leave.

There was Batra who was given chances but often looked average in defence. And Pedro was given multiple chances to claim the left wing spot but he flattered to deceive and often looked clueless compared to the other attacking players. There were also Bojan, Christian tello etc.

The thing with Barca is that they don't hold on to players that are not good enough unlike the way Fergie did with the likes of Cleverley, Ando and Welbeck or what Arsene keeps doing with his average youth players. If you're not good enough, you find your way. Same with Bayern club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
SailorXY:
no na Mensah. You no sabi say he from Tema?

Serious?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
SailorXY:
the "quotes" will make more sense.
You rarely get an actually quote from the player because then he loses leverage.
all we've to go on is just third party stuff and sense.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
Pogba is a MOTHERFVCKING FLOP...GOD PUNISH MOURINHO GOD PUNISH THE GLAZERS and GOD will Definitely punish ED WOODWARD
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 4:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
IgotYourBackFam:
Pogba is a MOTHERFVCKING FLOP...GOD PUNISH MOURINHO GOD PUNISH THE GLAZERS and GOD will Definitely punish ED WOODWARD

grin grin

Who is this again?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

You rarely get an actually quote from the player because then he loses leverage.
all we've to go on is just third party stuff and sense.
Hmmm then you should believe Madrid "dashed" us Pogba.
Let's move on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
Dadehmola:

grin grin

Who is this again?
JayKayMayB obviously undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
Dadehmola:

grin grin

Who is this again?

You won't believe...But I am new here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
dopeJemi:
Serious?
Yes na. You sabi speak the language?
Osa mia mia
Ya na njie ne kuu undecided tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
Zlatan na mad man grin
"Arsene gave me the famous red and white jersey - the No 9 shirt with Ibrahimovic on it and I was so pleased I even posed for a picture wearing it. It was a fantastic moment for me. So then I waited for him to convince me that I should join Arsenal. But he didn't even try. He never actually made me a serious offer, it was more, 'I want to see how good you are, what kind of player you are. Have a trial'. I couldn't believe it. I was like, "No way, Zlatan doesn't do auditions".
- Ibrahimovic in 2012.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
Diademk07
That is a big ask,for a player to display all his capable of,in a few cameo appearances.
Considering these guy are only always subbed as an impact sub.
Or just to kill time.
I watched a few everton games and I saw how they used defelou a player never develops in that manner.

Going to a lesser team also has it flaws,lower quality opposition. blackett couldn't cut it at Celtics and also that dude we loaned to Preston.

As for Jose his records with youth isn't great am hoping that once he sees genuine talent he won't stand in the way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
SailorXY:
Hmmm then you should believe Madrid "dashed" us Pogba. Let's move on.
I never hinted that guy. players do crazy stuff for money. Suarez almost join arsenal for money.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
adeyemi2015:

grin
Don't mind me joor!
I will soon officially quit the section. Though it's a nice section to be when you are bored, because no way you wouldn't read an hilarious post or comment!
believe me Nigerian politicians are bastards.
Never engage in any brawl, verbal or contact, for them unless you know them personally.

You need to hear them discuss amongst themselves, forget party projections they sell in media, you'll not know when you'd start shedding tears for this country.

I needed to make a transfer last week @ Lapai, Niger State in Canadian Dollars & the bank gave me a price of #235 & I kept wondering ... Canadian Dollars ke?

Jesus Wept.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
Dadehmola:

grin grin

Who is this again?

grin

I think he's on the lose! (just joking)
So many strange Monikers on this thread these Days!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
SailorXY:
believe me Nigerian politicians are bastards.
Never engage in any brawl, verbal or contact, for them unless you know them personally.

You need to hear them discuss amongst themselves, forget party projections they sell in media, you'll not know when you'd start shedding tears for this country.

I needed to make a transfer last week @ Lapai, Niger State in Canadian Dollars & the bank gave me a price of #235 & I kept wondering ... Canadian Dollars ke?

Jesus Wept.

grin
They are indeed as you said!
I can't quote the adjective you used to avoid being banned again!
LOL!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
The era of babysitting young Players is over! They should go out on Loan to get first Team experience. Sitting on the Bench wouldn't help them to develop!
United didn't make Pogba, Juve did! Sir Alex didn't trust him - to the extent of calling Scholes out of retirement - very embarrassing.
I'm kinda surprised Barca is also very active in this Summer Transfer Window despite having a World Class Academy, La Masia.
We shouldn't be dragging the issue of loaning out Kids to get experience here..... it's for their own sake! How many minutes did Perreira get under LVG? McNair? CBJ?! Even Mensah needs to go on Loan because, Valencia and Dermian have covered the Right Back Position, Blind, Shaw and Rojo are battling for the LB!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
adeyemi2015:
The era of babysitting young Players is over! They should go out on Loan to get first Team experience. Sitting on the Bench wouldn't help them to develop!
United didn't make Pogba, Juve did! Sir Alex didn't trust him - to the extent of calling Scholes out of retirement - very embarrassing.
I'm kinda surprised Barca is also very active in this Summer Transfer Window despite having a World Class Academy, La Masia.
We shouldn't be dragging the issue of loaning out Kids to get experience here..... it's for their own sake! How many minutes did Perreira get under LVG? McNair? CBJ?! Even Mensah needs to go on Loan because, Valencia and Dermian have covered the Right Back Position, Blind, Shaw and Rojo are battling for the LB!

No one is saying we shouldn't procure quality players BTW but that doesn't mean quality Youth should be overlooked.

While Barca keeps making move in the window, the same club still look forward to Samper who's been likened to Xavi/Busquets. There also Roberto on their payroll as well. The truth is Barca always give chance to their youth players until when they have showed to be not good enough.

Fergie did become pragmatic in his latter years unlike when he just came into the club. But then, he still promoted youth players such as Welbeck, Fletcher, Cleverley and he did trusted the young players he signed into the team, such as Ando, Nani and Ronaldo. The problem is he wasn't ready to offer Pogba a huge pay rise when he's achieved nothing at that age.
People kept saying Pogba left because of lack of playing time but the main reason was the club refusal to give him the asking wage increase. He just used the lack of playing time as a cover.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
Diademk07:

No one is saying we shouldn't procure quality players BTW but that doesn't mean quality Youth should be overlooked.

While Barca keeps making move in the window, the same club still look forward to Samper who's been likened to Xavi/Busquets. There also Roberto on their payroll as well. The truth is Barca always give chance to their youth players until when they have showed to be not good enough.

Fergie did become pragmatic in his latter years unlike when he just came into the club. But even at that, he still promoted youth players such as Welbeck, Fletcher, Cleverley etc and he did trusted the young players he signed into the team, such as Ando, Nani and Ronaldo. The problem is he wasn't ready to offer Pogba a huge pay rise when he's achieved nothing at that age.
People kept saying Pogba left because of lack of playing time but the main reason was the club refusal to give him the asking wage increase. He just used the lack of plying time as a cover.
Do you think the two names I highlighted will get playing time?! Why did they procure Andrew Gomez in the first Place?!
Where are Welbeck, Fletcher and Cleverley now?! This is a clear sign that the era of class 92 is over! Pep won many Trophies with Barca's La Masia Products, why Luis Enrique is not following the Footsteps?!
The Reason Arsenal is not winning Trophies is the same Reason we MUST avoid to start winning Trophies!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) (3097) (3098) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.