Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3094) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8673565 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) (3097) ... (14141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2016
undecided

It's time to let-go of Politics Section for a while!

grin

Wow!

I am finally freed to make comments and contributions again on this darling thread!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:29am On Jul 29, 2016
sleamzy06:
Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho, has told nine players to look for new clubs.

Germany midfielder, Bastian Schweinsteiger, is the highest-profile victim of Mourinho’s clear out.
The others are youngsters Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Brazil U-20 midfielder Andreas Pereira, strikers James Wilson and Will Keane, Adnan Januzaj, Paddy McNair and Tyler Blackett.

The new United boss is reported to have told the players personally, to leave the club either permanently or on loan. It is unlikely that any one of them will be involved on Saturday, when the Red Devils play Galatasaray in a pre-season friendly.

Mourinho is looking to trim his squad down to 24 players.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/29/mourinho-tells-schweinsteiger-8-united-players-find-new-clubs/

This was one of the reason I never wanted Mourinho.
I was actually looking forward to a midfield of Poole and Harrop in the near future because I know for a start that Lvg did signed Poole and he did looked good as Carrick replacement in the few clips I watched.

Poole could have emerged as our own Weigl/Busquets. Even Van gaal was looking forward to him as he did play him during our great run against Midgetlland. And there's Harrop whom I rate a lot more than Perreira because he's got better vision, spatial awareness and his technique is just as good, if not better than that of Perreira. Even LVG was keeping tab on him and Goss before both got injured.

As a matter of fact, only a quality English youth player such as Harrop could have replaced Rooney without raising the Media's eyebrow because there's no way they would cause an uproar when they see another English youth player putting in better performance than that of Rooney, in the similar way they all agreed that Rooney shouldn't start as a striker ahead of Rashford because first and foremost, he's also an English player and secondly, he was playing better than Rooney.

This pre-season could have been the best chance for LVG to finally build his squad with both the youth and the experienced players in the same way he did with the AJax team or in the least, give the Youth players a solid foundation like he did with the Bayern's youth players and it was only last season, he finally got acquainted with our youth team players. He was even going to the U21 youth matches to watch them play.

Even last season wasn't that bad, all we needed was a capable replacement for the aged Carrick and a quality right winger. It's a pity that LVg got it wrong with the injury prone Schweini as he did thought he could have shared the burden with Carrick in the midfield but in the end, we had to rely on the ageing Carrick alone 'cos Schweini's was too injury prone.

The funny thing is we've done little to replace our most important player, Carrick in the midfield while chasing rainbow in Pogba and I doubt Mourinho would trust an inexperienced player in Poole...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:40am On Jul 29, 2016
They should better put a buy back clause on any player being loaned or sold before we here stories and amounts that touch the heart when/if we need to get the players back.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
igbsam:

grin grin grin grin grin make elampiro catch you.
no be same person you dey talk to?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
Pataki:
Timothy Fosu-Mensah the Dutch-Ghanaian is part of those asked to look for another club? shocked

I wish Arsenal will snap that boy up.

Moaninghoe already making blunders here and there. Loving it! cheesy
Am sure you don't expect the club to give in to such sales even if Mouthinho wished it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
adeyemi2015:
undecided
It's time to let-go of Politics Section for a while!
grin
Wow!

I am finally freed to make comments and contributions again on this darling thread
Which politics?
You sure say you no follow people wey dey loot us into penury so?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
Diademk07
get your head out of the clouds,
what are the chances that these guys become serviceable in the future?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
SailorXY:
no be same person you dey talk to?

See my 2 hands for air o....sheck my armpit, bia bia no dey dia grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
Y'all need to calm the fuck_ down. Nobody should be a football neophyte here. There are lot of rumors making rounds all over the Internet, it's only a gullible kid that will believe all of them. Of course, some players must leave as it's with other clubs too, but not all those players in that list will leave. I doubt Fosu-Mensah will leave with Varela already loaned out. Mourinho would be making a great mistake having only one natural right-back - Darmian.

In other news, am I the only one that's getting tired of Blind moaning about van Goat's dismissal? For fůck's sake his adopted dad is gone, he'd move on and stop bytching all over the place!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
sinizia:
Y'all need to calm the fuck_ down. Nobody should be a football neophyte here. There are lot of rumors making rounds all over the Internet, it's only a gullible kid that will believe all of them. Of course, some players must leave as it's with other clubs too, but not all those players in that list will leave. I doubt Fosu-Mensah will leave with Varela already loaned out. Mourinho would be making a great mistake having only one natural right-back - Darmian.

In other news, am I the only one that's getting tired of Blind moaning about van Goat's dismissal? For fůck's sake his adopted dad is gone, he'd move on and stop bytching all over the place!!

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
igbsam:

See my 2 hands for air o....sheck my armpit, bia bia no dey dia grin
Lol. elamp & talius same same nooni
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:
Diademk07
get your head out of the clouds,
what are the chances that these guys become serviceable in the future?

Actually, Van gaal procured TFM and Poole, possibly one of the reason he fast-tracked both players into the first team squad despite their age. And from what I've seen so far, both looked good. More so, Poole already played in the Championship and from the report, he looked quite good while playing as a holding midfielder or a defender. So, it's not as if Poole has no experience. You can check this: www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-defender-regan-poole-11016964

The other player which is Josh Harrop is the biggest talent in the youth team. If people could rave about Perreira in the squad, I don't see why Harrop who looked so much better can't do better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talius(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
SailorXY:
Lol. elamp & talius same same nooni
Who calleth me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
If this news is true, then this is one of the many reasons i never wanted this useless man to manage our club. He's already clearing out the future of the team and buying overrated monkeys for $100m.

Who did United offend to get into this kind of mess??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
i think the loan move would be a better choice for our young lads, i would only keep TFM and loan out the rest, next season is not the time to be giving youth chances, any player who thinks he's good enough to play in our first team should go out on loan and prove himself.
cause apart from TFM varela and CBJ I've not seen a single youth player that impresses me, even perriera that some folks rate here is bang average.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
Real Madrid allowed Pogba to sign with Man United. grin

The story being bandied by Madrid media. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
SailorXY:

Which politics?
You sure say you no follow people wey dey loot us into penury so?
grin
I'm referring to Nairaland Politics section. Getting banned unnecessarily is frustrating! Simple comment and you are banned!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
UNITED SQUAD FOR GALATASARAY FRIENDLY
De Gea, Johnstone, Romero, Valencia, Darmian, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Herrera, Fellaini, Mkhitaryan, Young, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Mata, Lingard, Memphis, Ibrahimovic, Rooney, Martial, Rashford.

I can confidently assume these are the Players Mourinho needs for the upcoming Season.

Januzaj, Perreira and Co are definitely gonna be loaned out!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
SailorXY:

Am sure you don't expect the club to give in to such sales even if Mouthinho wished it.

Didn't the club give in to such sale with Welbeck who was even raised in the manure academy?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
adeyemi2015:

grin
I'm referring to Nairaland Politics section. Getting banned unnecessarily is frustrating! Simple comment and you are banned!
ah *YIMU* hehehe
online ginger when men (the real politicians) dey squash hard currency in real time?

Hmmm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2016

#BREAKING Paul Pogba have passed his medical in La. Paperwork and agreements still to be signed... Man Utd and Juventus may take their time to make Pogba official.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
weedtaker:
i think the loan move would be a better choice for our young lads, i would only keep TFM and loan out the rest, next season is not the time to be giving youth chances, any player who thinks he's good enough to play in our first team should go out on loan and prove himself.
cause apart from TFM varela and CBJ I've not seen a single youth player that impresses me, even perriera that some folks rate here is bang average.

They impressed you because they were given a chance to showcase their talent. Some of them in the youth team are even better than the current players we parade just like Rashford showed, they just lacked the experience.

Another thing is the fact that all the clubs that has remained dominant for many years were as a result of their youth players. Clubs like Barca, Bayern and even Manutd.
People may bring up Arsenal club but their main problem was too much reliant on either average or injury prone youth players such as Walcott, Ox, Wilshere, Coquelin etc whom they keep trusting to become better players and not because the likes of Fabregas, Bellerin weren't good enough. If the kids are good enough, play them and blend them with other experienced quality players in the team and you have a quality team in your hand.

This pre-season could have been the one to help Van gaal sieve the shaft from the wheat because there won't be any need for him to constantly play the likes of Herrera, Fellaini, Mata etc in order to gauge their quality once again. He already knows their standard. What he would have done in the pre-season is to use the youth players and gauge their performance against quality opposition teams and later proceed to make his final decision on them and the team as a whole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
SailorXY:

ah *YIMU* hehehe
online ginger when men (the real politicians) dey squash hard currency in real time?

Hmmm
grin
Don't mind me joor!
I will soon officially quit the section. Though it's a nice section to be when you are bored, because no way you wouldn't read an hilarious post or comment!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
Pataki:
Didn't the club give in to such sale with Welbeck who was even raised in the manure academy?
Welbeck got multiple opportunities to show he could improve as a CF. he never did & only succeeded to limit chances for Chicharito.

Besides he believed himself to important when he's actually pig-shit. The club gave him all that leverage cuz he was from the academy, nothing more.

Great RIDDANCE!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
bykebyke:
Real Madrid allowed Pogba to sign with Man United. grin

The story being bandied by Madrid media. grin grin
the same people saying Pogba's actual preference is Real Madrid. Fans here lap it all up & feel second rate. I just can't stop shaking my head.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2016
SailorXY:
Welbeck got multiple opportunities to show he could improve as a CF. he never did & only succeeded to limit chances for Chicharito.

Besides he believed himself to important when he's actually pig-shit. The club gave him all that leverage cuz he was from the academy, nothing more.

Great RIDDANCE!

Great RIDDANCE to Timothy Fosu-Mensah. Great RIDDANCE to once upon a time Pogba only for Manure to be paying over £100m to get him again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
Talius:
Who calleth me.
are you the same Talius buried in the wall of the new arena in Capua?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
Pataki:
Great RIDDANCE to Timothy Fosu-Mensah. Great RIDDANCE to once upon a time Pogba only for Manure to be paying over £100m to get him again.
nyashnal fans now want Mensah?
Is Martial no longer unsettled with No. 11 on him back?

Una no dey tire??

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
Talsima:

#BREAKING Paul Pogba have passed his medical in La. Paperwork and agreements still to be signed... Man Utd and Juventus may take their time to make Pogba official.
you just dey follow this deal bumper bumper.
Your thoughts on how Pogba will impact playing style with respect to Rooney's position?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
Lana1:
If this news is true, then this is one of the many reasons i never wanted this useless man to manage our club. He's already clearing out the future of the team and buying overrated monkeys for $100m.

Who did United offend to get into this kind of mess??
oga calm down.
TFM, (my name namesake grin) no dey go anywhere.
Some papers are reporting that he had been given assurances of his future actually, s that a new deal is being prepared..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talius(m): 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
SailorXY:
are you the same Talius buried in the wall of the new arena in Capua?

Haha! You got me, I'm out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
Diademk07:

Actually, Van gaal procured TFM and Poole. From what I've seen so far, both looked good. More so, Poole already played in the Championship and from the report, he looked quite good while playing as a holding midfielder or a defender. So, it's not as if Poole has no experience. You can check this: www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-defender-regan-poole-11016964

The other player which is Josh Harrop is the biggest talent in the youth team. If people could rave about Perreira in the squad, I don't see why Harrop who looked so much better can't do better.
these Poole and harrop are both still in the academy.
so they'll still get their chance.
truth is, I will rather most of these guys remain in the club playing U21 games than leave.
aside from welbeck and maybe lingard is their any other home grown talent that we've loaned away in recent time that came back better?.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) (3097) ... (14141) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.