Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,629 members, 7,955,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:04 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9160419 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3204) (3205) (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) (3210) ... (14378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:33am On Aug 26, 2016
Spy360:
Arsenal nko, why you hate me like this
cheesycheesy
una go qualifier. that wan sure pass anything.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:43am On Aug 26, 2016
parrotibaba:
Oga na so we talk last season and LVG disgraced us with old school military tactics in the group stages. I still remember the PSV match at old Trafford like yesterday. Leicester are tasting champions League footie for the first time in their history while Spurs last tasted UCL football 6 years ago, both of them are inexperienced in this competition so don't expect too much from them.
true talk,
but I go still hold Leicester to a higher standard considering that group.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:53am On Aug 26, 2016
I have been reading this youth thrash for a very long time here and I must say that I'm really disappointed in the various discussions that have taken place about the matter. Poole will replace Carrick in our team? Really? Sean Goss?, Tuanzebe?, Mensah?, Weir? what are we Southampton? If Phee-lo-so-phee had stayed on he would have splashed another £150m pounds on players again, that I'm sure of, and not promoting the likes of freaking Poole to the first team setup. Folks have forgotten how the likes of rashford and TFM made it to the first eleven, El jefe's hand was forced because of injuries and not ingenuity. If you guys can remember vividly that this same LVG that is suddenly achieving sainthood in this thread was responsible for booting out several youth players during his time in this club, the likes of Jack barmby, petrucci, ekangamene, vermilj, lawrence , janko, henriquez (who was supposed to be our chicharito 2.0), Thorpe, Michael Keene, etc but once na Mourinho do am, he becomes a villain instantly.

Manchester United is not a trial and error club hence the reason we went for Jose and even LVG in the first place, youth can't win you trophies, they can't even get you the UCL slots, they can only take you as far as they got. As much as I will like to see rashford start week in week out because of his last season exploits, I like the current setup in the team, he and TFM will get chances to play this season and to learn from the very best, we have heard how Zlatan is impacting his football knowledge to these kids so that hopefully in the next 2 to 3 years, they will be ready for first team footie.

Now I'm not against the integration of youth into the team, I'm only against the ninjas that are screaming for them to get into the team now. We can't afford that, we need quality and experience in that team if we are to go back to the summit of football and not trying and hoping that in 3 to 4 years, some of them might be finally ready to take us to the promise land. Remember Andreas Pereira was fantastic for the reserve team also but is currently struggling to make his mark on the team. The fact that you are wonderful in age grade and reserve football doesn't necessarily make you a wonderful player at the biggest stage. Going out on loan is the best thing for these players, let them show us their worth there and then we can talk about bringing them to the first team setup. Shey Januzaj dey Sunderland? We dey watch.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 26, 2016
Yawnited seeded at last

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:36am On Aug 26, 2016
eph12:

They had academy graduate and they are spending millions on players now he is asking us how we expect munir to displace suarez and neymar. Like he wasn't existing or the academy was shut down when barca were bidding for those players.

Apart from the fact that the recent coach doesn't really support youth idea, La Masia hasn't being doing well recently. I would even wager that we have a better academy than Barca.

And don't forget, Pedro, Tello and Bojan were all given chances to claim a spot in the starting line-up before Neymar and Suarez were signed! It was because they weren't good enough the latter had to be signed.

For crying out loud, our youth team has won the titles for 3 consecutive seasons and that shows they are good. The last time they did that was with Petrucci, Pogba, Ravel Morrison and Lingard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:45am On Aug 26, 2016
Diademk07:

Apart from the fact that the recent coach doesn't really support youth idea, La Masia hasn't being doing well recently. I would even wager that we have a better academy than Barca.

And don't forget, Pedro, Tello and Bojan were all given chances to claim a spot in the starting line-up before Neymar and Suarez were signed! It was because they weren't good enough the latter had to be signed.

For crying out loud, our youth team has won the titles for 3 consecutive seasons and that shows they are good. The last time they did that was with Petrucci, Pogba, Ravel Morrison and Lingard.
And who did Pedro Tello and Co play with? Iniesta Messi! Those two guys are beast up front. They were confident to introduce them because they are going to play beside the best in the game and the team was way solid and balanced. When United become solid and balanced we can introduce those guys. Is that not good enough? Haba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:50am On Aug 26, 2016
eph12:

Barcelona were lucky with the messi xavi Iniesta break just as we were lucky with Scholes Giggs Neville. Barca would struggle to replace any of those 3 especially Iniesta and messi.
Same thing with bayern. They had their break and they enjoyed it. To replace those guys they will most likely spend millions and try a few reserve before they finally get it right and it won't even come close to.

You mean they were lucky with a coach who gave youth a chance? Why do you think Messi still laud Rij kaard and believes he's the best thing to have happen to him? Because without Rijkaard, Messi could have been an obscure player!

What if Van gaal hadn't promoted Kroos, Muller, Alaba? Would they have become an household names?

As for the person who mentioned Perreira, never for once did ever I thought he was ready. He was the midfield version of Januzaj, I.e, tricks with little end products, poor decision making, average vision except to take plenty of shots on goal. That was why many folks often cream their pants but not me. The likes of Harrop, Goss, Kehinde are more of playmakers that dictate tempo and are highly cerebral than Perreira.

And I was never of the opinion that all the youth should take up the starting line-up. For the record, I wanted Kante, Mane et al in the team. However, I think some of them could have taken up the squad role instead of Rojo, Herrera, Young, Darmian etc while Rashford would have been our main starting striker.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
eph12:

And who did Pedro Tello and Co play with? Iniesta Messi! Those two guys are beast up front. They were confident to introduce them because they are going to play beside the best in the game and the team was way solid and balanced. When United become solid and balanced we can introduce those guys. Is that not good enough? Haba

Iniesta, Xavi et al got integrated at the time Barca were at their worst time though.

And you don't really get me. I'm not saying every nook and cranny should be youth but they should be part of the squad with the coach intention to integrate them.

In fact, the pre-season would have been the best fit because there's no way Van gaal would have kept playing the likes of Herrera, Morgan, Darmiann Young in the pre-season when he knows their level already and hypothetically, if the youth team did well vs Dortmund, Everton et al, what stopped them from doing well in the league?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
Diademk07:
The only insanity I can see right here is you for that bullshite you put up there.

Care to tell me where Mata has played in all his career at Chelsea and Valencia?
Or Martial who was mostly deployed as a SS or LWF for Monaco? Or Lingard who was either deployed as an AM or LW in the academy?

For the records, Young was only tried twice as a striker hence, I don't understand all the hullabaloo from your end, it wasn't as if he was our primary striker throughout the season. On the other hand, Rooney had to play in the team and since we had a better player in Rashford in the striker role, there's no way he could have played there. Hence, the midfield role..

I'm not seeing your saviour, Mourinho doing anything contrary to all these though. Even Rooney as a SS often drop deep into the midfield despite that hypocritic clown saying that Rooney won't play in the midfield.
my friend keep quiet. You have Martial Young Mata Rooney Lingard in the same team & you think that's the best possible arrangement to get a result?
Rooney dropping deep under Jose means he is playing midfield from No. 10? So Shaw also played LWF to win a PK in the last game.
You are just empty within & without.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
Funlordjnr:

So true! No wonder we collected 3-0 at the emirates and escaped with a 3-2 scorline in old trafford in which they created more chances than us!

Conceding 5 goals against an average title rival is down to superb coaching tactics plus solid youth involvement I guess!

Can you hear yourself?
Without the youth, we were trashed 3-0 but with the youth, we defeated Arsenal 3-2 while Varela kept Sanchez in his pocket throughout and Rashford was our best player in the match.

Vs Tottenham, TFM kept Spurs attacker in his pocket until he got injured and as soon as Darmain came on, we got exposed.

Now tell me, was it the youth players that made De gea to be exposed like someone implied?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
SailorXY:
my friend keep quiet. You have Martial Young Mata Rooney Lingard in the same team & you think that's the best possible arrangement to get a result?
Rooney dropping deep under Jose means he is playing midfield from No. 10? So Shaw also played LWF to win a PK in the last game.
You are just empty within & without.

Shaw is a marauding fullback. Simple as ABC.

Like I stated earlier, the insanity is you implying those players were played out of position when it was their position.

Also, to get the best out of Martial and Lingard who are at their best drifting in, Van gaal had to use a Fluid 4141/433 formation and since Rashford was our best striker, Rooney had to play in the midfield. It wasn't as if the midfield was strange to Rooney because he often drops deep into the midfield even when he got deployed as the striker.

So, why are you complaining?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2016
Bros abeg leave me biko. You can whine here forever it won't make any difference. It doesn't always have to be your way please. There are many roads to the market.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2016
eph12:
Bros abeg leave me biko. You can whine here forever it won't make any difference. It doesn't always have to be your way please. There are many roads to the market.

And who says it had to be my way?

I was just disappointed because at the time we have plenty of talents in the youth, we have a coach who's repulsive to giving talents a chance.
The last time we had such talents was with the likes of Pogba, Lingard, Ravel Morrison and Petrucci. And if Fergie had given them a chance at that time, we wouldn't spend 100mil on Pogba.

Like I stated earlier, we should just sell them instead of wasting their time on loan or on the bench.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2016
Fenerbache
Feyenoord
Zorya

Our europa league group opponents. I see Jose going with a full strength team for most of the games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2016
Depay people..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
Mourinho, "I love Pereira and I wish he could be in my squad but he isn't, he will go to Granada to play."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2016
RVP to face Yawnited in Europa league cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2016
Lol, Jose too like trouble sha. He don still fire shots at ruminnegge

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2016
So scummies are coming to Rotterdam... Looking forward to that match. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pataki:
I'm annoyed that they are going to Northampton after I don move.

That stadium, you no even need pay to enter. You can stand at the bus stop and watch the match unobstructed with superb view.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:55pm On Aug 26, 2016
Matchday should come already!

I'm tired of all these youth nonsense discussions on here!!!...
Some people think EPL is the U-21 league...

What a damn fuckery!!!! angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:56pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pataki:

Na that side you dey.... we go still molest Feyenoord for your presence!!
Anticipate the molestation live and direct!!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
. This is a man Utd thread thus everything man Utd, finance transfer youth policy Gossip

But you people should stop flogging the youth issues.

Depay should start for Martial.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2016
Wingback:
. This is a man Utd thread thus everything man Utd, finance transfer youth policy Gossip

But you people should stop flogging the youth issues.

Depay should start for Martial.

It gets to a point where a paricular discourse becomes apparent nonsense and directionless!!!...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
Nihilist:

I'm annoyed that they are going to Northampton after I don move.

That stadium, you no even need pay to enter. You can stand at the bus stop and watch the match unobstructed with superb view.
grin grin

You stay in Northampton and you commute to London everyday? shocked You are a transportation champion! My brother used to live in Milton Keynes, and I find it crazy everytime he had to come into London.

elrony:

Na that side you dey.... we go still molest Feyenoord for your presence!!
Anticipate the molestation live and direct!!!! grin
Due to family and work purposes, I have to relocate to Rotterdam early next year. But definitely, I will be in the stadium when your useless team comes to Rotterdam.

Hopefully before then, you would not have sacked MOANINGHOE! grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pataki:
grin grin

You stay in Northampton and you commute to London everyday? shocked You are a transportation champion! My brother used to live in Milton Keynes, and I find it crazy everytime he had to come into London.

Used to.

Back then it used to take just 50 minutes to get to Euston.
I've now moved to a small village in Lincolnshire. It now takes 2 hours to get to Kings Cross, and I still do that everyday. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pataki:
grin grin
Due to family and work purposes, I have to relocate to Rotterdam early next year. But definitely, I will be in the stadium when your useless team comes to Rotterdam.

Hopefully before then, you would not have sacked MOANINGHOE! grin

Lol...Good thing you are gonna travel to see the Dutch being raped in their turf...

Don't take the kids along tho... grin grin grin

If Assanal wins the UCL we will sack Mourinho even if he wins the world cup with us!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
shocked
Nihilist:

Used to.

Back then it used to take just 50 minutes to get to Euston.
I've now moved to a small village in Lincolnshire. It now takes 2 hours to get to Kings Cross, and I still do that everyday. grin grin

2 hours to kings cross? This nigga dey try gan! What if you get pissed the night before in error?

What time to you normally have to leave your house each day? Like 5am? Cause I guess you need to hit the office before 8am!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
Funlordjnr:
shocked

2 hours to kings cross? This nigga dey try gan! What if you get pissed the night before in error?

What time to you normally have to leave your house each day? Like 5am? Cause I guess you need to hit the office before 8am!

Omo i bow o. Last time i had to go through all that was when i was in Naija. I live 15mins from my office.
But wait o Nihilist, you mean 2hrs by train? shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 5:18pm On Aug 26, 2016
Funlordjnr:
shocked

I'm up at 5. Out the house for 6. At the station for 6.20. In London at 7.52. Then a 45 minute walk to St Paul's where I work

It's actually easier than it sounds. My service year saw me driving from Abule-egba to the island everyday. If you were a lagos boy you know what that means especially given the traffic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 26, 2016
[b]I see a potential Smalling vs Blind Rivalry. We all know club politics, Mourinho will be desperate to play Bailly.

Shaw and Valencia have the Wingback on lockdown. TFM will likely play more reserves game and Rojo be ready to step in For Shaw...Darmian couLd very well stay as Vakencia is in the 30s except if TFM disposes him.

Pogba-Fellaini centre midfield...Schneirrelin and carrick rotated on the bench.

Lingard on right flank battling with Mata...Rooney might just Nick the AM position from Mikitaryan(Highly doubt it)

No questions The God of Manchester Zlatan and is young Deputy Rashford.

Out of form Martial battling it out with chicken head depay on the left.

This is my perceived regular starting lineup.

GK De Gea

CB Smalling-Bailey

Wing backs Shaw Valencia

CM- Pogba Fellaini

AM- Rooney

RW Lingard

LW Martial

ST Do I even have to say his name cool

Bench: Romero Mata Blind Darmian, Rashford, Miki(It all depends on Rooney or Lingard) Schneiderlin

[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (3204) (3205) (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) (3210) ... (14378) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lana1(m), bolu96(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.