Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8679360 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) (3319) (3320) ... (14144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2016
SIRcumalot:

U sef see am
We play 4-3-3
Start rashford,bench blind,start smalling,start Micki na still loss.
We still give Herrera and Morgan chance na still L we dey gather.
Nothing dey work.
rotflmao. grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
Wonder why Carrick is still on the bench. The midfield is just not working! embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
elampiro:

I can see why Van Gaal ensured one of Carrick or Schweinsteiger was in his midfield. At least there is a level they can dictate the game with passes. Rooney also did that for us towards the end of last season. But Fellaini and Pogba aren't players who can put midfield in their pockets. Fellaini is hard working though, but Pogba and Rooney are big men, they fear injuries, mostly Rooney.

It looks like our midfield combination of Fellaini, Pogba and Rooney is wrong. Particularly as they play behind suggish Zlatan.
What Chapter of Lamentations is this biko? smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
Spy360:

Jose refusing to admit that its poor tactics which led to mistakes that cost the team. Good individuals, poor team, poor tactics, poor mentality.

#JoseOut blaming the team would get you sacked by Christmas.

undecided

Can't really understand the bold part?! Why do you want him out?! Are you a United Fan?! The fear of facing him before Xmas?! You know deep-down in your heart that; Jose Mourinho would never lost to your pathetic Manager, hence you want him out before Xmas?!

LOL!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
Spy360:
What Chapter of Lamentations is this biko? smiley
You be kpekpeye.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lordfalcao(m): 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
"The thing about United is that they only know one way to play. "We waited for them to attack and stayed very compact as a team because we knew that if you attack them from the beginning then you run into a knife. "They love to counter-attack. But, if you stop them doing that, then you know that you will always get chances against them."
-------Dik kuyt
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by edoyad(m): 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
Where's chickenbeak or is it duck wing ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYyk98g7UKo

Hola hola hola

I say we live for the party eh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
elampiro:
I can see why Van Gaal ensured one of Carrick or Schweinsteiger was in his midfield. At least there is a level they can dictate the game with passes. Rooney also did that for us towards the end of last season. But Fellaini and Pogba aren't players who can put midfield in their pockets. Fellaini is hard working though, but Pogba and Rooney are big men, they fear injuries, mostly Rooney.

It looks like our midfield combination of Fellaini, Pogba and Rooney is wrong. Particularly as they play behind suggish Zlatan.

I believe a midfield should have a marker, passer and runner. If you are playing a game you are expected to dominate you can drop a marker or runner for an additional passer or when you are defending drop a passer for an additional marker

In Man Utd's midfield, who is responsible for the marking who is the elite passer? Most of the time you would see Pogba and Fellaini trying to do the same thing

And Mourinho I am not a fan of him and whatever I say would be termed as bad belle

But he always looks too reactive, waiting for opponents to make mistakes, if you are a a bigger team you dont wait for mistakes, you make plays and force mistakes from opponents you make them play to your tune. Siege mentality of them against us would only work when youre then underdog, Not when you are the most succesful club in the country

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvWdStsvAf4

Ope oh. Aja mi ti Gbera oh

Pogba n sare owo'n jona. Ain
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2016
Relaaax!

This is Jose's last loss.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2016
grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
raumdeuter:

I believe a midfield should have a marker, passer and runner. If you are playing a game you are expected to dominate you can drop a marker or runner for an additional passer or when you are defending drop a passer for an additional marker

In Man Utd's midfield, who is responsible for the marking who is the elite passer? Most of the time you would see Pogba and Fellaini trying to do the same thing

And Mourinho I am not a fan of him and whatever I say would be termed as bad belle

But he always looks too reactive, waiting for opponents to make mistakes, if you are a a bigger team you dont wait for mistakes, you make plays and force mistakes from opponents you make them play to your tune. Siege mentality of them against us would only work when youre then underdog, Not when you are the most succesful club in the country

You are right. I thought Pogba was a runner who offers pace and power. But he seems to play the same way I saw him played under SAF in 2011/2012. He dribbled around without advancing directly with the ball. Decision making are sometimes suspicion. May be he will improve if he plays with better midfielders.

Schneirderlin is meant to be our marker, but it seems he is average in that duty.

Our good passers are old. Carrick and Schweinsteiger.

There has to be a solution to our current midfield. One of them has to give way to someone who can dictate the play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by edoyad(m): 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
raumdeuter:

Exactly!

We don't even have any of that in the midfield.

We have no runner in the midfield, check!
Because Pogba's Off the ball movement and decision making are too wack to be one and that's one of the main reason I don't even see him as a box-box CM, running with the ball isn't just enough.

We have no playmaker in the midfield, check!

As for the holding role, Fellaini is just too limited in that role. To be fair to him, he's done his best as a DM but we need a quick thinking player who doesn't dally too much on the ball before making his decision nor limited in his passing skills and vision in that role.

If only we can get 2 of out of the midfield roles right, we would be on the right course.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
chrisley024:
Relaaax!

This is Jose's last loss.
Amen! embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by landinfo: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
All hail king Pogbadoooo!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
iPopAlomo:

boss... remember that your post about arsenal not making the top 4 this season...? are you taking it back now or you're still holding on to that thought...?
Mehn... At this juncture, e be like say na Manyoo no go make am oooooo.cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
elampiro:

You are right. I thought Pogba was a runner who offers pace and power. But he seems to play the same way I saw him played under SAF in 2011/2012. He dribbled around without advancing directly with the ball. Decision making are sometimes suspicion. May be he will improve if he plays with better midfielders.

Schneirderlin is meant to be our marker, but it seems he is average in that duty.

Our good passers are old. Carrick and Schweinsteiger.

There has to be a solution to our current midfield. One of them has to give way to someone who can dictate the play.

Yes. I think Schneiderlin(Marker) Pogba/Fellaini(as box to box/runner) and an elite passer someone who can pass from deep a younger Carrick

But would you like it if Rooney is benched?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
Every body calm down! It's still early days! angry

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2016
Pataki:
Sinizia, StarBoard, codedguy, see as all of them disappear.

grin grin
Sinizia the gif master just dey disappear these days. Even Abijah of those days for Yoruba movies no disappear reach am now.cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by edoyad(m): 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
Please what does this mean ? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
raumdeuter:

Yes. I think Schneiderlin(Marker) Pogba/Fellaini(as box to box/runner) and an elite passer someone who can pass from deep a younger Carrick

But would you like it if Rooney is benched?

I wouldn't want that, but it can be for the benefit of the team. The coach needs to test what works best. And who says Rooney cannot win his place back from the bench? He can also play from the wing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2016
chrisley024:
We've spent over 160mil to address that CM yet they can't string simple 2-3 passes together.
Keep lamenting Silly Lamenter.

Come my thread
And I will spread
You to shreads
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kwallon: 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
Watford 3 – 1 Manchester United (Highlights): http://www.kwallon.com/2016/09/watford-3-1-manchester_united-highlights/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
edoyad:
Please what does this mean ? grin
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Guy you wicked pass winch... cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by todaynewsreview: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
Tottenham Hotspur (0)

Vs

Sunderland (0)

- HD Live Streaming Video Link>>> http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/1471/tottenham-hotspur-vs-sunderland-hd-live-streaming-video-link
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
A40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvWdStsvAf4
Ope oh. Aja mi ti Gbera oh
Pogba n sare owo'n jona. Ain
The emboldened though...cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2016
Spy360:

Keep lamenting Silly Lamenter.

Come my thread
And I will spread
You to shreads
Sharaap until you win a major trophy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2016
Kwallon:
Watford 3 – 1 Manchester United (Highlights): http://www.kwallon.com/2016/09/watford-3-1-manchester_united-highlights/
[size=30] I dey tellz you [/size]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by edoyad(m): 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
I learn from the best ^^^^ grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
chrisley024:
Sharaap until you win a major trophy.
Why you put 'major'. Silly boy.

Drop another lamentation abeg to spice up my evening cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) (3319) (3320) ... (14144) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.