Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,645 members, 7,823,830 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8757723 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3321) (3322) (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) (3327) ... (14159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
Diademk07:
http://mufclatest.com/ratings-villarreal/

Above is the u23 player rating vs Villareal Reserves..

Our best players were Poole, Harrop, Riley, Tuazenbe and the newly promoted Hamilton.

From what I gathered from Tuazenbe, he's more of a dribbler than a passer. He's got great physique which makes him a beast in the defence and he often loves to dribble with pace from the back whereas Poole is the better passer and has better vision. Both are like Bailly and Blind combo in defence although Poole is an agile quick player with lot of composure in tight place unlike Blind.
Anyone can be good in the youth na the upgrade to epl be the koko. Their chance will surely come.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
landinfo:

U are very funny indeeeed!!!!
After supporting Mou & his decisions & saying UTD would come out goood this season, ur soln con dey show another season (& not this seaso) meaning that u sef no truss Mou 4 this season xcept ur listed players that UTD "may" not be sure of getting

Ogbeni read my initial and follow up posts! I AM FULLY BEHIND MOURINHO AND MY TEAM! I don't jump ship! As the discussion progressed player suggestions began to emanate from other members and I only stated the sort of players who I PERSONALLY feel should be added maybe by january or at the end of the season to continually improve UNITED and help us probably step up in the champions league provided we qualify for it!

Is that now a crime because we have lost 3 straight games?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
Elxandre:

This was the hype you people gave City last time out.

Last time out when?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
Spy360:
Since the days of Moyes, to van Gaal, now Mourinho...
[size=30] Scummies have been lamenting after 5 matches

Long May Your Woes Continue

Iseeeeeee! [/size]

See them: Diademk07, eph12, elampiro, afrodoc2, even Mourinhout don join. sircumalot, sinizia
nihilist
Meanwhile where is my man Elrony? He has balls to settle. cheesy

[size=15pt]Can you just imagine if it was Pep who lost 3 games in a row. Imagine what this thread and forum would have been like. Especially from Manure fans to Bayern Barca fans etc[/size]

But now na epistle and epistle

BTW Mourinho don add Shaw to the list of his problems

Before season start na Schweinsteiger, Last week it was Mikitaryan and Lingaard, this week its Shaw

Like Yoruba would say Okan okan ni omo owo nyo (Na one by one broom stick dey comot for bunch)

By December maybe na only Mourinho and Zlatan go remain for training pitch while the rest would have been banished to U-23

[size=18pt]Long may your woes continue[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-united/story/2954104/jose-mourinho-questions-manchester-united-left-back-luke-shaw-at-watford

Mourinho said: "The first Man City goal and this second goal against Watford -- you can find an incredible similarity, which is [Aleksandar] Kolarov has the ball in a difficult situation in the corner and my players, instead of going up to press they decide to give space.

"And here for the second goal, [Nordin] Amrabat receives the ball and our left-back is 25 metres from him instead of five metres. But even at 25 metres, you have to jump and go and press, but no, we wait.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
weedtaker:
dis guy seff, we de for big problem, you de call youth, grin
for all de youth guys na only harrop i like de guy na baller, and he even scored the goal against villareal

Don't forget it's just Northampton. Also, only Harrop and Riley got included in my starting line-ups. At least, I was moderate enough grin

We have a quality youth team though. If they weren't good enough, they wouldn't have won the youth league for 3 consecutive times.

The problem of the team right now is the lack of attackers after the likes of Rashford, Lingard, Keane, Januzaj got promoted/loaned out. That means some of the midfielders had to be used in the attack. But the fact is we've got some quality in the midfield (Harrop, Willock, Goss, Poole) and defence (Riley, Tuazenbe, Poole, Shuan Williams).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
Oasis007:

Lot is wrong with the Team, and we should forget the price tag and be considerate. We need to be playing the Game from the Back, not from the Middle.

You should think about our first 3 Matches, we played well and we enjoyed the Matches! Blind, though still underrated by many United Fans, did a good job in all the Matches!

Perhaps because we lost to City, Everyone was asking for Smalling and we could all see how the Team is playing from the back now! No more confidence!

Our last 2 Matches were nothing to write home about. We were very poor in possession, tactics and the game-plan. I'm not pinning the blame only on Smalling, but we need Blind in the Team more than him.
We did lose whether it's Smalling or Blind in the defence with the way we're currently playing so there's no reason for the Smalling-Blind debate. That Baily position is guaranteed sef is even annoying. What has he played that Smalling didn't do last season or the one before? Ball playing ko ball keeping ni
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
lipsrsealed

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3397162/Marouane-Fellaini-Manchester-United-s-unlucky-mascot-unbeaten-without-relegation-form-plays.html

Even under van gaal this article came out?

So Diademk07 how come he was such a performer with such an abysmal tally with him in the side!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
I don't think mohrino has ever lost 3 games I a row with any team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Don't forget it's just Northampton. Also, only Harrop and Riley got included in my starting line-ups. At least, I was moderate enough grin

We have a quality youth team though. If they weren't good enough, they wouldn't have won the youth league for 3 consecutive times.

The problem of the team right now is the lack of attackers after the likes of Rashford, Lingard, Keane, Januzaj got promoted/loaned out. That means some of the midfielders had to be used in the attack. But the fact is we've got some quality in the midfield (Harrop, Willock, Goss, Poole) and defence (Riley, Tuazenbe, Poole, Shuan Williams).

I think those guys should be allowed to play let's see if they can keep the ball unlike those things we have in our team currently. But knowing Mourinho he won't.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
eph12:

I think those guys should be allowed to play let's see if they can keep the ball unlike those things we have in our team currently. But knowing Mourinho he won't.
did all the new players play the last game?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
chrisley024:
Anyone can be good in the youth na the upgrade to epl be the koko. Their chance will surely come.

You're right but I think youth players that knows the basic will perform well in the Epl considering the fact that most of the Epl players are headless chicken. That's why I always single out the likes of Harrop, Poole and Riley because these players has the brain to go with their techniques unlike Januzaj and Perreira .

I was never fond of Januzaj nor Perreira in spite of their techniques and individual brilliance. Another example is Willock who's a fantastic talent but I don't think he's ready yet because he still needs to work on his decision making.

Just take a look at Verratti, he became the best midfielder at the age of 18 in his first appearance in the serie B league and he continued to look class apart for Psg at the age of 19. Some youth players are just too intelligent for their age, you just have to give them the platform to let them fly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2016
Scummies always looking forward to the next transfer window, where they win their trophies.

Dregs of England.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
purplekayc:
did all the new players play the last game?
3 out of 4 did
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
Diademk07:

It's not "just" Northampton oh.....

Considering the enormous pressure that seems to be building up already, the potentially devastating effects of an exit (at the hands of a league one side) might be such that the team won't recover - Mourinho seems to be feeling the heat already.

We just have to win that game or at worst, get a replay (not sure if that arrangement is still valid though)

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
AdisaOwala:

It's not "just" Northampton oh.....

Considering the enormous pressure that seems to be building up already, the devastating effects of an exit (at the hands of a Championship side) might be such that the team won't recover - Mourinho seems to be feeling the heat already.

We just have to win that game or at worst, get a replay (not sure if that arrangement is still valid though)

I know but It's just 2 youth players and I can beat my chest that those players would perform well.

Both Poole and Harrop convinced me already when I saw how they played against City u21 team (another quality team). Everyone looked horrible including Perreira except for Harrop and Poole who were class apart in that match. Since then, I've been monitoring them and they've always showed that they are just too good for the reserves. Riley has been fantastic too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by todaynewsreview: 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2016
7 Things Jose Mourinho Needs To Do To Change Manchester United’s Fortunes - The Sun>>>> http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/1481/7-things-jose-mourinho-needs-to-do-to-change-manchester-unit
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
Spy360:
Since the days of Moyes, to van Gaal, now Mourinho...

[size=30] Scummies have been lamenting after 5 matches

Long May Your Woes Continue

Iseeeeeee! [/size]

See them: Diademk07, eph12, elampiro, afrodoc2, even Mourinhout don join.

Meanwhile where is my man Elrony? He has balls to settle. cheesy

Mumu Boy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
MourinhOUT:

Mumu Boy
Person wey u go just ignore. Him go dey happy now undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
Funlordjnr:
lipsrsealed

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3397162/Marouane-Fellaini-Manchester-United-s-unlucky-mascot-unbeaten-without-relegation-form-plays.html

Even under van gaal this article came out?

So Diademk07 how come he was such a performer with such an abysmal tally with him in the side!

Lol!

Did you actually think it was Fellaini that made us to draw vs Newcastle, lose vs Arsenal and Stoke? When I can remember vividly how Smalling cost us the Newcastle and Stoke match while the Arsenal match was all on Darmian who looked horrible vs Sanchez..

I know Fellaini started the season out of form but he came back strong in the second half of the season. Let me remind you that he was important in our Fa cup and late top 4 runs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
eph12:

We did lose whether it's Smalling or Blind in the defence with the way we're currently playing so there's no reason for the Smalling-Blind debate. That Baily position is guaranteed sef is even annoying. What has he played that Smalling didn't do last season or the one before? Ball playing ko ball keeping ni

grin

LOL!

You need to move on Dude! We ain't collecting a dime from the Club, but the Players are - whether they win, draw or lose a Match!

Like Pep said; he's more happy and satisfied when the Fans are happy, satisfied and well entertained!

I do not care how many Trophies United has in the Cabinet, rather I want to be well entertained (with winnings though)!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 4:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
eph12:

3 out of 4 did
i think there may be a dis coordination in the team
since like 3 played with old established players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
Fellani has been the best player in that midfield for awhile.
Says alot about how the others have been performing,but na the truth be that.

The full squad has to play the league cup game they clearly need more playing time to find their groove.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2016
The rubbish peformance Don make person forget about martial's health.
I hope the guy they alright.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
Oasis007:

grin

LOL!

You need to move on Dude! We ain't collecting a dime from the Club, but the Players are - whether they win, draw or lose a Match!

Like Pep said; he's more happy and satisfied when the Fans are happy, satisfied and well entertained!

I do not care how many Trophies United has in the Cabinet, rather I want to be well entertained (with winnings though)!

I have moved on from the loss tey tey. No be today we don dey chop am na. We just trying to discuss the way forward. If only we were dominating and creating chances it would have been better. We will have hope that it's just a one off
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
Luke Shaw: Manchester United defender to have scan on groin injury.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/37408252
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
“I thought Fellaini was alright today; he does a job in there.  

“But I think that if you are Manchester United, you need more than that.

“You need someone who can stop the play as well, someone who can stop the opposition but who is capable of controlling a game of football as well, playing forward and passing forward. I can’t understand why Michael Carrick is here.

“He looked like he was leaving last year and he’s not been involved for a minute this season. What he has done, I don’t know. Schweinsteiger he is not keen on either.

“I just think that they need to get a playmaker in there. At the end of the day, you are Manchester United and you are coming to Watford. You’re not going to Arsenal!”

- Paul Scholes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
Stats.
That fine pass to ibra that forced a brilliant save from the watford keeper join too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3321) (3322) (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) (3327) ... (14159) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.