Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8721874 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4593) (4594) (4595) (4596) (4597) (4598) (4599) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 12:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

I have long corrected that it's 2012 when we won through a Chicharito early goal.

Hernandez was well-placed just two yards out to side-foot in Patrice Evra's cross in the 19th minute.
The goal was reward for a bright start from United, but they were matched by Everton for the remainder of the game.
However, Leighton Baines struck the crossbar with a free-kick and Louis Saha's shooting lacked precision.
A point would have been just reward for the efforts of David Moyes' side, but having failed to earn that they can take a lot of heart from a spirited display against opponents with a point to prove following a week of largely negative headlines.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

Did you see me mention the Southampton match? I think you got me confused with someone else.
I didn't watch that match so i have nothing to say about it, nothing to say.

JM parked the bus against Liverpool 2 years in a row, that is what i know. I also know that nearly all the matches you have listed that Fergie parked the bus in have been disproved. Fergie rarely parked the bus and FYI in the premier league era we have won more matches at Anfield than Liverpool when we have met.

Lets just move on.

OK
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
Oasis007:
JM had a Squad that could play 3 - 5 - 2 comfortably against Liverpool Yesterday, but he chose to get a Point and he achieved it.

United had Blind and Tuanzebe on the Bench, Blind could have played instead of Darmian in a 3-Man Defense, with Young and Valencia as Wingbacks, but JM went for a defensive Tactic hoping for a Counter to hurt Liverpool to no avail.

However, the most important thing is; we got a Point at Anfield. A deserved Point from the defensive Point of View. I hope Dudes gonna move on from this Argument for good.

A Wiseman said; sometimes you win an Argument, sometimes you learn from it.
Exactly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
We should not exonerate mourihno here abeg, the nonsense we played yesterday is on him, it was his plan, especially from the first minute when Lukaku, mkhitaryan and Herrera I think were withdrawing from the ball in Liverpool's half whenever it was with a Liverpool player trying to create a wall instead of putting pressure on the Liverpool players

I blame mourihno for everything, Jose doesn't know that defending for 90mins is tiring and causes fatigue quickly and most times lead to injuries

Smh, why play for a draw when you can play to win, especially when we have the quality to do that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala:

And what does the second bolded signify? Abeg let's end it here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
dopeJemi:
We should not exonerate mourihno here abeg, the nonsense we played yesterday is on him, it was his plan, especially from the first minute when Lukaku, mkhitaryan and Herrera I think were withdrawing from the ball in Liverpool's half whenever it was with a Liverpool player trying to create a wall instead of putting pressure on the Liverpool players

I blame mourihno for everything
Objectivity is when a staunch Jose supporter doesn't let it blind him from saying what's up...We all support Jose but when he gets it wrong, admitting the obvious doesn't make you less of a fan...Bro, I hail.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

But when Mou is without Pogba, Fellaini and Carrick and they overran our midfield, it's Mou fault abi?

And when they were present in this same fixture last season, no be the same bus we park?

P.s. - my response to CapitalCee was even to buttress the fact that Fergie didn't park the bus in that fixture,despite the limitations
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala:

And when they were present in this same fixture last season, no be the same bus we park?

P.s. - my response to CapitalCee was even to buttress the fact that Fergie didn't park the bus in that fixture,despite the limitations

Ok sir
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

And what does the second bolded signify? Abeg let's end it here.

So a spirited display now means the other side parked the bus?? grin

Like you said, let's just end it there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
patrickmuf:
Objectivity is when a staunch Jose supporter doesn't let it blind him from saying what's up...We all support Jose but when he gets it wrong, admitting the obvious doesn't make you less of a fan...Bro, I hail.

azin ehn, yesterday's match was irritating to watch, I kept screaming at the players, I didn't even want to see Jose because I swear I for break my screen

my only consolation now is Wednesday's game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
dopeJemi:

azin ehn, yesterday's match was irritating to watch, I kept screaming at the players, I didn't even want to see Jose because I swear I for break my screen

my only consolation now is Wednesday's game
Hopefully we do better, 3 pts should be the target cos Benfica are not doing so well, if we play to our strength, then we should be too much for them to handle...GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
patrickmuf:
Hopefully we do better, 3 pts should be the target cos Benfica are not doing so well, if we play to our strength, then we should be too much for them to handle...GGMU

GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 12:44pm On Oct 15, 2017
obainojazz:
Funlord, I think you have a whatsapp message.

How is that mail for me biko?

That is a "pained after the wozing mail" and should be sent to crystal palaces inbox! Thanks.... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
Criis:

That a 'United fan' could comfortably type that... lipsrsealed
It tells You a lot doesn't it? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

Talking about Danny Murphy, during Ferguson time, that guy has been raping us at old Trafford with regularity. As average as he is
That short devil was so good against us I remember when they beat us 2-0 mehn those guys fell like a 76 year old's breasts grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
grin

At this Spate..... the Thread gonna reach Page 4600 Today - 5 more to go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
hoopLA:

Let me get this straight.
By inference, Jose's side of2017 is better than Fergie's side of 2007 and as such shouldn't defend against a rival that will always up their game even as rubbish as they've been.

Please clarify that part for me. Then maybe I'll understand your argument better.
Because if your answer is honestly yes, then I'll understand your point.
But if your answer is no, then let's forget about this argument and move forward.

Bros don't be fooled by Benitez's European exploits. That team of his was useless. Cup team extraordinaire. Wastemen like Babbel and some non-description Spainards full there. Only Gerard and a few were actually decent enough players. But as soon as United come visiting, they become something else. That has been Liverpool over the years.
What about our performances against Stoke, Southampton and Everton? Was the poor performance down to tactics too or they can be excused because those teams always up their games against us?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

Is that not the same personnel that Mou deployed, you can all bash Mou but neglect Miki that made it possible we played with 1 man down.
What are you talking about? Has Mkhi not been shiite for the past 3-4 games? Tell me what he's still doing in the first team sheet and who is responsible for selecting players?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

Nobody is asking JM to go gung-ho in every game. You people should stop making it seem like there are only 2 options i.e gung-ho attack or park the bus. What about having a balanced or even cautious approach away from home but mixed with some attacking drives or counter attacks?
As in what happened to passing the ball around and keeping it away from the opponents? I don't understand how this gung-ho park the bus is the only option
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2017
eph12:

What are you talking about? Has Mkhi not been shiite for the past 3-4 games? Tell me what he's still doing in the first team sheet and who is responsible for selecting players?

Mou is in charge of selecting players, he's giving Miki a chance to cement his place on the bench permanently so guys will won't complain when they see the stats paddler on the bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
eph12:

As in what happened to passing the ball around and keeping it away from the opponents? I don't understand how this gung-ho park the bus is the only option

Pass the ball around where? In our own way? With the high pressing Pool used? With jittery players like Smalling, Herrera and Miki?

LOL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

Mou is in charge of selecting players, he's giving Miki a chance to cement his place on the bench permanently so guys will won't complain when they see the stats paddler on the bench.
I see. He was only trying to help Mkhi ministry or absolve himself from any blame should he eventually bench Mkhi right? Weh done sir. Jose that is known for no nonsense has suddenly become this good Samaritan. Make enough sense
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
eph12:

What about our performances against Stoke, Southampton and Everton? Was the poor performance down to tactics too or they can be excused because those teams always up their games against us?

Oga I'm not going to answer that question. Especially since you didn't seem to get the context of my argument about us regularly struggling against Liverpool AT ANFIELD.

If you have been paying any attention, you would know that most of us folks have resigned ourselves to the fate that we would get performances like this under Jose. I'm pretty sure you cried when we got skewered by Chelsea last season.

I repeat, we all need to move on from the Fergie era, where we mostly played swashbuckling attacking football. If you love the club, this unnecessary nit picking at performances wont be necessary, especially since we HAVENT LOST any game yet.

I made the case for Liverpool because under the circumstances, that point was a good one, regardless of the performance. And if you want. keep critiquing the performances, it won't change till he leaves.

We won vs Southampton, the players were off in the second half.
We won vs Everton, scored four despite poor play.
Jose bungled the Stoke game with his formation, hence the poor performance, but you sound like we lost all those games in question.

It seems you would rather have an expansive game and lose/draw like last season when we were copping draws all over the place.

I don't understand these fans of today. I thought the result was the most important in football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 2:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

The game was won in the midfield. How will Martial, Lukaku and Rashford didn't get to see anything because we didn't have a midfield.

this was actually the deciding factor,I said that my only problem with the match was the easy their midfielders always dominated ours and won every second ball
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

Pass the ball around where? In our own way? With the high pressing Pool used? With jittery players like Smalling, Herrera and Miki?

LOL.
bros if you no fit pass ball wetyn con make u be footballer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

LOL.
Of course.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
truly,there are football Einstein's....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
patrickmuf:
People are saying Fergie parked the bus against big teams but Fergie didn't have a squad worth in excess of 500m pounds...
disingenuous at best.
Firstly, Fergie had Rio Ferdinand (2nd costliest player in England at that time) and Wayne Rooney, both around 30 million pound players each.

Secondly, making references to an era where transfer fees were still reasonable as against now is not a fair argument.
If Lukaku was available in 2007, would Fergie pay 75 million (excluding add-ons) for him?

Perspective abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
hoopLA:

disingenuous at best.
Firstly, Fergie had Rio Ferdinand (2nd costliest player in England at that time) and Wayne Rooney, both around 30 million pound players each.

Secondly, making references to an era where transfer fees were still reasonable as against now is not a fair argument.
If Lukaku was available in 2007, would Fergie pay 75 million (excluding add-ons) for him?

Perspective abeg.
Is it also perspective to say even Fergie packed the bus?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
hoopLA:

Oga I'm not going to answer that question. Especially since you didn't seem to get the context of my argument about us regularly struggling against Liverpool AT ANFIELD.

If you have been paying any attention, you would know that most of us folks have resigned ourselves to the fate that we would get performances like this under Jose. I'm pretty sure you cried when we got skewered by Chelsea last season.

I repeat, we all need to move on from the Fergie era, where we mostly played swashbuckling attacking football. If you love the club, this unnecessary nit picking at performances wont be necessary, especially since we HAVENT LOST any game yet.

I made the case for Liverpool because under the circumstances, that point was a good one, regardless of the performance. And if you want. keep critiquing the performances, it won't change till he leaves.

We won vs Southampton, the players were off in the second half.
We won vs Everton, scored four despite poor play.
Jose bungled the Stoke game with his formation, hence the poor performance, but you sound like we lost all those games in question.

It seems you would rather have an expansive game and lose/draw like last season when we were copping draws all over the place.

I don't understand these fans of today. I thought the result was the most important in football.

I have never referenced SAF in any of my posts or comments. If I have it's because I have to reply to comments like this. You're creating arguments for yourself
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
patrickmuf:
Is it also perspective to say even Fergie packed the bus?
That is debatable, given that it hasn't always been smooth sailing, even during the Fergie era.
It's not right to bring up price comparisons especially when the time line is as diverse as a decade ago.

It's like comparing the prices of goods in 2007 to now. You know you won't make any ground with that argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

LOL.

Doing this will amount Arsenalesque mauling

(1) (2) (3) ... (4593) (4594) (4595) (4596) (4597) (4598) (4599) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: DeadPresidents and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.