Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8708931 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4595) (4596) (4597) (4598) (4599) (4600) (4601) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
funlord:

Abeg leave some of these reggae singers! So that match is now how we are going to play till 2018? Do they think man city or barca won't also have games like that away from home or even at home? Even those who have won things for united while playing (not chatting) have called it a solid point gained! Park away jose till next weekend when we shall be requiring cruise control once more!

Wetin cause all this one , na the 7-2 Man city Played yesterday. The same Pep that Took a 2 goal lead to Monaco last season and lost it to pessengers like BakaYoko. Go to British and foriegn sites like guardian, Bbc, metro, dailymail or ESPN. Only trolls and Liverpool fans angry that we did not roll over and lose 4-3 to them are castigating mourinho. Good United fans are after Results. When we start losing and putting up rubbish performances I know but what I am seeing now is good football and nice results.

And for Ferguson, I adore him so much, but sometimes his teams puts up shit performances, Even when winning nobody can deny that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
hoopLA:

for me, it's not the issue of bus parking.

It's more of this obvious need to complain when there is a hint of a bad display, even when we win. That is the part I still don't understand.

The team has made its best start in years to a Premier League season, but all we get is complaints.

Defensively we are more sound and appear more sure footed than last season. Yet no one sees tthis as any sign of progress.

We are second on the log. City will encounter periods when things will go wrong for them. Hopefully we will be able to capitalize.

Thank you very much, and this "park the bus" people are slating will help us in no distant time. Our solid defence will be handy one day in the later stages of the champions league, if not this year, in the coming years. At least we can be confident of closing up games we won in the first leg some day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala:

TBH, I don't have a problem with the result (and the performance) - if na for Old Trafford we been play like that, na different issue entirely.

Trying to compare Mourihno's bus parking with Fergie's Cautious approach is what I don't like.

The truth is that we are never going to play like that at OT.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

And for Ferguson, I adore him so much, but sometimes his teams puts up shit performances, Even when winning nobody can deny that.
unfortunately those crucifying Jose for yesterday are acting deaf, dumb and mute to this fact.

I clearly remember, seasons 2004/05 and parts of 2005/06 where United were playing arrant nonsense. Even in the League Cup.

But no one wants to touch Fergie, because they can only remember one game he "parked the bus", and it was against Almighty Barcelona.

I'm sure these same fans enjoyed City pummeling us 6-1 when we were still bombing forward, even with a man down. All na performance.
The 5 goal swing eventually did us in at the end of the season. Such a mistake from a manager of Fergie's caliber and experience

Fair or unfair, the defensive nature of his tactics have tended to be a microcosm of Jose's tactical outlook and as such he is easy fodder for bashing. Jose deserves the criticism he gets for being negative at times, but I still don't get the panic stations folks are running to under these circumstances.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
Did anyone here see Gabbiadini's goal?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2017
Leyqute:
Did anyone here see Gabbiadini's goal?

grin

Nah

We are still mourning a Point secured at Anfield.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by landinfo: 5:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says he will not finish his career at the club

Jose Mourinho's Manchester United drew 0-0 at Liverpool on Saturday.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinhosays he does not believe he will finish his career at the Premier League club.

The 54-year-old Portuguese, who is in his second season with the Red Devils, has never spent more than four years in one spell at any of his seven clubs.

Speaking on French television, Mourinho also said he thoughtParis St-Germain were a "fantastic"club.

"I'm still a coach with worries, with ambitions, and with the desire to do new things," said Mourinho.

The former Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Porto bosstold TF1's Telefoot: "I don't believe, no, I'm sure thatI won't end my career here."

Asked if thatmeant at Manchester United, Mourinho said: "Yes."
Mourinho, who won the EFL Cup and Europa League in his first season at Old Trafford, said his sonhad recently been to watch PSG.

"Why Paris? Because there's somethingspecial. Magic, quality, youth, it's fantastic," he added.

I don't think he is making this news with regards to the new contract talks....many fans are divided on wanting Mourinho gone after his 3years signed contract but time would tell.
Neutrals who claim that the epl is no 1 don't like the advert Mourinho gives the league but as people would say, result is all that matters
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2017
The SAF that I know will do anything not to lose against Liverpool. Fergie was even shown applauding the team after a strong performance from a defensive point of view.

If we can be able to avoid defeat away to the top teams and pick up the points against the lesser teams, the way I see it, we are still on course to win the league.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2017
Next topic please. I'm bored

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
odizeey:
Next topic please. I'm bored

BLESS YOU! We know how to overflog issues unnecessarily here. Anyway knowing Jose Mourinho and someone who has countlessly said he leaves clubs (or maybe forced out) when there is nothing interesting him anymore he won't be building any 20 years dynasty here, not in this era... At Chelsea it was the players, the owner.. At United its the fans looking for Barcelonaesque football, the legends and the press who can't stay off writing some nasty stuff about United and how we play so they can sell.

All in all, who could we be looking at to start grooming now before he leaves?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
joeace2020:

BLESS YOU! We know how to overflog issues unnecessarily here. Anyway knowing Jose Mourinho and someone who has countlessly said he leaves clubs (or maybe forced out) when there is nothing interesting him anymore he won't be building any 20 years dynasty here, not in this era... At Chelsea it was the players, the owner.. At United its the fans looking for Barcelonaesque football, the legends and the press who can't stay off writing some nasty stuff about United and how we play so they can sell.

sums it all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Nah

We are still mourning a Point secured at Anfield.

LOL. There's a lot of testosterone here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
pharod:
The SAF that I know will do anything not to lose against Liverpool. Fergie was even shown applauding the team after a strong performance from a defensive point of view.

If we can be able to avoid defeat away to the top teams and pick up the points against the lesser teams, the way I see it, we are still on course to win the league.

Every manager has his own tactics, Jose's own is defend when necessary , and batter the smaller teams, he is the most successful manager still in the game. His records speaks for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 15, 2017
Still on this matter?

You'd think we're 10th on the table
undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:15pm On Oct 15, 2017
joeace2020:

I am not trying to link it, But Mourinho brings competiveness, and dodgedness to any league he goes to. When he entered EPL in 2004 it coincided with when the beginning of English dominance in When he left England was back to shit. he went to Laliga in 2010 Spain took over, he came back in England last year, English team has started putting in shifts with the recent results. I not reading any meaning to the coincidence though. But hate him or love him, he is a serial winner.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by crazypencils20: 6:15pm On Oct 15, 2017
6 wins and 2 draws yet people are complaining � � � How greedy can one get? Just a few years ago LVG and Moyes were serving us shit, nobody died. Now Mourinho has revamped our team and you want to die because we aren't hammering rivals 4-0? Haba now undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 6:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
grin One fool said solid Point gained lmao..... Man u fans would rather draw Twice than lose One and win One.
Considering the positions they have finished In the past 4 Seasons 2nd will actually be an achievement lol. Dead club
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
hoopLA:

unfortunately those crucifying Jose for yesterday are acting deaf, dumb and mute to this fact.

I clearly remember, seasons 2004/05 and parts of 2005/06 where United were playing arrant nonsense. Even in the League Cup.

But no one wants to touch Fergie, because they can only remember one game he "parked the bus", and it was against Almighty Barcelona.

I'm sure these same fans enjoyed City pummeling us 6-1 when we were still bombing forward, even with a man down. All na performance.
The 5 goal swing eventually did us in at the end of the season. Such a mistake from a manager of Fergie's caliber and experience

Fair or unfair, the defensive nature of his tactics have tended to be a microcosm of Jose's tactical outlook and as such he is easy fodder for bashing. Jose deserves the criticism he gets for being negative at times, but I still don't get the panic stations folks are running to under these circumstances.

During those Seasons, my younger brother who was also a UNITED fan, quit watching our games, he was very angry our performances, TBH honest those Seasons were dark ages, even the 2003/2004 Season that ended with our FA cup win against Tim Cahill inspired milwall was not even good, a lot dross served up. I don't blame him though. When Ronaldo and Rooney took over the league few Seasons later, everybody was happy. Fergie too, has useless Seasons too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

I am not trying to link it, But Mourinho brings competiveness, and dodgedness to any league he goes to. When he entered EPL in 2004 it coincided with when the beginning of English dominance in When he left England was back to shit. he went to Laliga in 2010 Spain took over, he came back in England last year, English team has started putting in shifts with the recent results. I not reading any meaning to the coincidence though. But hate him or love him, he is a serial winner.
More Like serial Bus parker and a reputation for being Sacked lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

More Like serial Bus parker and a reputation for being Sacked lol

Mumu
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:
grin One fool said solid Point gained lmao..... Man u fans would rather draw Twice than lose One and win One.
Considering the positions they have finished In the past 4 Seasons 2nd will actually be an achievement lol. Dead club

undecided

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 6:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
Oasis007:

undecided
I will rather not have sense than be a Man United Fan.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

undecided

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

But you already don't have sense nah
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala:

He pain am

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala:

grin

Do you need to remind him?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

He pain am

undecided

Your level of Stupidity........?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
Oasis007:

undecided

Your level of Stupidity........?!
I can't hear from Top of the table....... How does 2nd place feel like....Dead Club

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

I can't hear from Top of the table....... How does 2nd place feel like....Dead Club

undecided

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
Dude is a bobrisky fc fan....Flee brothers, flee.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 7:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
obainojazz:
Dude is a bobrisky fc fan....Flee brothers, flee.
What does that make the 5 people who liked the Post........ Ekpan Fly.
Your mate dey for semetery

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 7:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

What does that make the 5 people who liked the Post........ Ekpan Fly.
Your mate dey for semetery
you problem is spiritual bro. Who supports man city

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4595) (4596) (4597) (4598) (4599) (4600) (4601) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: brainiacadeboi(m), afrodoc2 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.