Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8673633 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4637) (4638) (4639) (4640) (4641) (4642) (4643) ... (14141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LongD(m): 7:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
joeace2020:

Okay you want me to concede that i made a foolish statement?Okay i did. I went too far but we still have to be defensively stronger and i hope we might get good news on Bailly because Lindelof and Smalling against Kane with his current form won't be funny.
There's nothing wrong with defending but I hate parking the bus. If you feel a team is much better then no problem being defensive but don't just sit back and take it all. Defend and then counter. What if we defend all day and in the 88th minute we concede a goal then game over all our effort will be in vain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
larride:

Of course, don't let us blame Mata that can't control a simple pass in the middle of the park with no pressure from no one, let's blame Young that gave him the pass and Mou who played Young who passed to Mata. Lmao.

I never claim to be a true fan more than you, if you feel that way, I'm not going to do or say anything to change your opinion.

How did Tot play better than Madrid than Utd, we created more chances, had more attempt, just name 1 thing Tot did more than Utd against Madrid.

While you re at it, kindly show me where I asked you to go support City or any other than team, if you can't provide proof, then you must be very stupid to have come here to peddle lies.
For someone who claims to know football, its either u're u're pretty dumb and dont know shît, or u need to watch the match again.
Go and watch the replays for the 1st goal again. Mata was already been marked and under pressure before Young gave a stupîd pass. How do u now expect him to calmly bring an awkward pass under control when there was already a player on his tail??

All patrickmuf said was he admires the way Spurs matched and played Madrid and he hopes to see United play against big teams in a similar manner.
But as expected, Mourinho fanboys interpreted it as him saying "Spurs is better than United".

If u like, cry from now till next yr. Doesnt change the fact that u were caught telling someone to go support City on this thread. Which was indeed a very stupid thing to say simply because u didn't like his opinion of what he had to say about the match. Glorified Landlord.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
joeace2020:

You know i said it here a few days ago that we the fans are too arrogant. Make una farabale.Its a marathon, not a sprint. Barcelona or Madrid didn't go from 1st to 7th with Moyes, then Hire a Van Gaal who only knew how to play some of the most dire football we will ever see our team play. Therein my brother lies the difference between United and those teams. These things take time. Tottenham can only dream to be what we are as a club but with the kind of manager we already have and with the number of average joes still in this squad, wetin una come dey find. Tiki Taka? or what? and to your last statement, Haba! How can you say that. He took a team of proven premier league, champions league winners to 7th, na all these small boys naim e wan make champions..

grin

I'm kinda bored of listening to the Lullaby of post Ferguson Era. Kindly check the Table Dude, we are on the same Points with Tottenham now.

United shouldn't aim for a Point against Spurs, coz our next Game is Chelsea - away at Stanford Bridge. Hence anything less down 3 Points against Spurs, means the Team is likely to slide down to 3rd after the Chelsea Match - if we go by the logic of defending against the big Teams.

United was 1st on the Log at the beginning of the Season. Gradually we were on the same Points with Man City but still maintained the first Position. Before we knew it - we were 2nd on Goals difference. Later, 2 Points difference, now 5 Points difference.

We actually want the same for the Club. United ought to be in the League of elite Clubs in Europe, coz we have the Resources. United should be feared by Tottenham not vise versa.

Barcelona have changed many Managers, yet they maintain their Standard, same as Real Madrid. Changing of Managers from Moyes to LVG ain't a Problem Dude, rather the Philosophy.

These Players are professional for God's sake. They are receiving weekly Alerts to entertain us and win Titles for the Club. All these Transition Ish has become obsolete.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
codedguy1:

I don't know if I should be most confident like you are regardless of whether we are at OT or not. I will assess my confidence when I see the line up that almighty mourinho will field.

I don't mind the strategy of defending and then hitting the opponent on counter but you will agree with me that that is not what we are seeing with this team.

In all the games we have played I can't even remember one very crisp precise counter that we have done. Abeg remind me if am wrong.

Don't know whether na catanachioo mourinho wan adopt. This season can't still turn out awesome sha.

Yes that is probably our biggest problem. We seem not to know how to turn defence to attack. Nothing annoys me more than seeing the team going on a counter and the first block they meet is to send the ball back to the midfield and start cycling again, by that time the opponent has settled their defense. It's so sad that despite the amount we've spent we still look so dysfunctional when attacking. Common to get one goal yesterday against Fvcking Huddersfield turn wahala.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Adisaowalla: 7:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
I can see Kagawa10 viewing grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
eph12:

Errors are made in every match even during barca reigning days, but it's how the team responds that's important

No one is saying error does not happen, the team responded terrible yesterday, everyone has acknowledged that much, everyone is busy blasting Mou saying all sort but forgetting those same players that made the error in the first place.

Imagine someone say we should blame Young who passed to Mata. Because it's Mou, everyone just bash him. If you wanna bash the manager, at least do that with all sense of objectivity, not shouting Mou upandown even for our players school boys error.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
If u pack the bus against spurs. I swear, u are in deep shivt!

No bus can be parked against Tottenham and you won't get disgraced.

If Mou doesn't want to cry after the game against Tottenham, he should play full domination against them.

Use Rashford, Martial, Mata and Lukaku. Start all of them FFS!

Man utd is a big team, those players have the potential to pepper spurs..

Attack! Attack! Attack!

But we all know what the special once is going to do. SMH!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
Oasis007:

grin grin grin

I must confess, your Post got me LMAO! Inferiority Complex is telling on the Fans gradually. Are we playing Barca or Real Madrid?!

The charismatic David Moyes [Klopp] would do fine with the present Squad at United. Trust me!
Thats what Mourinho has reduced the fans to.
"Maybe if we defend small, maybe Spurs wont beat us."
At OT o.

Injuries or not, and despite the average players wey still full the team, we still ve a good team that should be beating Spurs..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:47pm On Oct 22, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

I'm kinda bored of listening to the Lullaby of post Ferguson Era. Kindly check the Table Dude, we are on the same Points with Tottenham now.

United shouldn't aim for a Point against Spurs, coz our next Game is Chelsea - away at Stanford Bridge. Hence anything less down 3 Points against Spurs, means the Team is likely to slide to 3rd.

United was 1st on the Log at the beginning of the Season. Gradually we were on the same Points with Man City but still maintained the first Position. Before we knew it - we were 2nd on Goals difference. Later, 2 Points difference, now 5 Points difference.

We actually want the same for the Club. United ought to be in the League of elite Clubs in Europe, coz we have the Resources. United should be feared by Tottenham not vise versa.

Barcelona have changed many Managers, yet they maintain their Standard, same as Real Madrid. Changing of Managers from Moyes to LVG ain't a Problem Dude, rather the Philosophy.

This Players are professional for God's sake. They are receiving weekly Alerts to entertain us and win Titles for the Club. All these Transition Ish has become obsolete.

I get your point. We should dispatch tottenham, we have a good record against them but no fan at the moment is really confident. Even you within you is not that confident. Have you noticed how Lukaku has been stranded up top recently starting from that Liverpool game. I still think our attacking players are not good enough. Remove your tinted glasses and you will see the Immaturity with Rashford, the lack of mentality with Martial and the inconsistency with Miki, lets not talk about someone like Lingard. Now that the defense that was keeping us in games until we somehow find 3 goals in the last minutes of games is crumbling we are now being exposed. Maybe just maybe Mourinho doesn't have the personnel for the kind of football we see other European teams play yet. You can't have forgotten so quick that Madrid team that scored a record number of goals that year or Chelsea second stint where Chelsea played some of the most lovely football we've seen from them. I still blame Mourinho for not focusing on the attack during the transfer window rather than wasting £31 million on Lindleof.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
Lana1:
For someone who claims to know football, its either u're u're pretty dumb and dont know shît, or u need to watch the match again.
Go and watch the replays for the 1st goal again. Mata was already been marked and under pressure before Young gave a stupîd pass. How do u now expect him to calmly bring an awkward pass under control when there was already a player on his tail??

All patrickmurf said he admires the way Spurs matched and played Madrid and he hopes to see United play against big teams in a similar manner.
But as expected, Mourinho fanboys interpreted it as him saying "Spurs is better than United".

If u like, cry from now till next yr. Doesnt change the fact that u were caught telling someone to go support City on this thread. Which was indeed a very stupid thing to say simply because u didn't like his opinion of what he had to say about the match. Glorified Landlord.

If that's your assessment of how the first goal happened, then I don't think I need to keep arguing with you because it's obvious you watch your own match under in the infamous canopy and you rush down here to spill your hate on Mou.

What exactly did Spurs did against Madrid that United didn't do that wants to warrant United copying Spurs?

If not you re not stupid and always trying to poke your nose where it doesn't belong when you re not nosa, you could have seen that when I made that statement to that particular moniker, it wasn't on a match day and it wasn't even because he criticised the team or not, it was his ass licking of City and Pep that brought about that but I don't expect you to understand that since you can't understand even things you saw with your own eyes talk more what someone else wrote.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
larride:

No one is saying error does not happen, the team responded terrible yesterday, everyone has acknowledged that much, everyone is busy blasting Mou saying all sort but forgetting those same players that made the error in the first place.

Imagine someone say we should blame Young who passed to Mata. Because it's Mou, everyone just bash him. If you wanna bash the manager, at least do that with all sense of objectivity, not shouting Mou upandown even for our players school boys error.
Very people here have blamed Mourinho for yesterday's loss.

All i said was Mata cant be blamed for the first goal rather Young for giving a stupid pass that anyone under pressure wont be able to control and u're here crying like someone stole ur biscuit!! undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
Lana1:
At OT o.

Injuries or not, and despite the average players wey still full the team, we still ve a good team that should be beating Spurs..

If retracting my statement will make you happy, i retract it. I am not happy with anything we are playing. Now that our attack has suddenly gone blunt in the league can i beat my chest and say we will sweep Tottenham away... Shey na Miki wey don forget him work abi na Martial wey dey quick frustrate we wan dey wait for. Leave matter this team is still not good enough. Now that there is no Jones or Bailly.. na Lindelof and Smalling you dey say good enough? You were even calling out Young for last match. No meaningful cross, only to put mata under pressure unnecessarily. Shey Young good enough for us?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
larride:

Why we bash the manager is because it is looking like it is his instruction that has made these so called professionals want to be real professionals by trying to stick to the ultra defensive instructions of the coach.

Let at attackers attack, midfielders midfield grin and defenders defend. When You Saddle A Winger Or Attacker With Some Defensive Duties Without Telling THE Defenders That They Can Join THE Attack Then You Are A Defensive Team.

Imaging before a game a coach tells his team that "no matter what we must no concede" and another coach tells his team "I want at least 3 goals from you guys today, tell me who do you think will be more motivated to score.

And I repeat, the fact that a we as fans want a more attacking strategy does no mean we totally ignore the importance of defending properly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
larride:

The focus is on Mou not just because of yesterday's result but our recent matches. Yeah we won most but you can't claim that we were not close to losing or drawing in most of those matches. Not just the results but how he sets up the team to play.

By the way it was glaring we needed a pacy right winger to stretch the field but he didn't get nobody. Instead he got jollof that we don't need and spent the whole window pursuing Perisic. Who do we blame?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
Too many emotional mails here Mehn grin

Eph12, coman deliver mails

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
eph12:

The focus is on Mou not just because of yesterday's result but our recent matches. Yeah we won most but you can't claim that we were not close to losing or drawing in most of those matches. Not just the results but how he sets up the team to play.

By the way it was glaring we needed a pacy right winger to stretch the field but he didn't get nobody. Instead he got jollof that we don't need and spent the whole window pursuing Perisic. Who do we blame?
grin grin grin

I can feel your tears man cheesy tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
larride:

If not you re not stupid and always trying to poke your nose where it doesn't belong when you re not nosa

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
its very alright to blame mou for the loss yesterday,but some still think that the first goal isn't matas fault,we should b objective while commenting na,this same amateur mistake was made by Mata against Leicester when we were thrashed 5 3..

I don't really consider Mata amongst d best no 10s around..always slow on d ball,d fact that lvg also used lingard as no 10 and pushed Mata to d flanks same as mou says much..

I love d fact that Liverpool was beaten by spurs,at least now most neutrals would consider dem favourites in the match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
Lana1:
At OT o.

grin

The best Pundits among us said JM shouldn't be blamed but the Players. I don't know it was the Players that selected themselves on the Pitch. It was them that decided Lingard should play 10. LOL!

They wanted us to blame a Winger converted to LB for over-hitting the Ball, they wanted us to blame a CAM turned RMF for failing to control the Over-hit Ball. LOL!

We have to be cautious against Spurs...?! Be defensive minded?! LMAO!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

The best Pundits among us said JM shouldn't be blamed but the Players. I don't know it was the Players that selected themselves on the Pitch. It was them that decided Lingard should play 10. LOL!

They wanted us to blame a Winger converted to LB for over-hitting the Ball, they wanted us to blame a CAM turned RMF for failing to control the Over-hit Ball. LOL!

We have to be cautious against Spurs...?! Be defensive minded?! LMAO!

Mehn you are something else. You still dey hammer on that spurs talk.. Anyway since in your mind Mourinho should be sacked.. Who do you now think should replace him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
joeace2020:

Mehn you are something else. You still dey hammer on that spurs talk.. Anyway since in your mind Mourinho should be sacked.. Who do you now think should replace him?

grin

Oga Joeace2020..... you won't kill me with Laughter this Evening. Has it come to sacking JM?! LMAO!

We are simply saying; JM needs to step up and upgrade his Philosophy. He should create a Team that will be feared in the League and in the UCL, not a Team that would panic to play offensive Footie against upcoming Teams like Spurs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
Every forum and united page you go to, the fans are combusting, it seems as if an asteroid is heading for earth. God help us if we mistakenly drop out of top 4 before January. The number of pages here would get to 6k.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
larride:

If that's your assessment of how the first goal happened, then I don't think I need to keep arguing with you because it's obvious you watch your own match under in the infamous canopy and you rush down here to spill your hate on Mou.
My friend shut the fûck up and get off ur high horse. U go on and on attacking people with contrary opinions as if u're the Lord and saviour of this thread.

I dont see how anyone can blame Mata for the goal and not appropriate equal blame on Young. They were both at fault.

What exactly did Spurs did against Madrid that United didn't do that wants to warrant United copying Spurs?
Go to ur village and be asking ur people these kind of stupid questions. U might be able to find an answer there.

If not you re not stupid and always trying to poke your nose where it doesn't belong when you re not nosa, you could have seen that when I made that statement to that particular moniker, it wasn't on a match day and it wasn't even because he criticised the team or not, it was his ass licking of City and Pep that brought about that but I don't expect you to understand that since you can't understand even things you saw with your own eyes talk more what someone else wrote.

Sorry o Emperor supreme of Manchester United thread. Anyone now that talks about City now u can tell them to go support them instead. Nonsense.

Yh. I dont mind my business. And i poke my nose where it doesn't belong. Says the guy who was minding his own business when he decided to jump into someone else's mentions and tell them to go support City.
Mehn gerrarahia!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
joeace2020:

Yes that is probably our biggest problem. We seem not to know how to turn defence to attack. Nothing annoys me more than seeing the team going on a counter and the first block they meet is to send the ball back to the midfield and start cycling again, by that time the opponent has settled their defense. It's so sad that despite the amount we've spent we still look so dysfunctional when attacking. Common to get one goal yesterday against Fvcking Huddersfield turn wahala.

It's so annoying. Passing ball backwards like it was going out of fashion when they should be countering. Mourinho wan turn LVG angry

I have not even seen that H'field game and I won't. Na only highlights of the goals I see.

No be today I done dey vex, na result just dey make person calm.

When we win a game with this type of display and we the fake fans complain they tell us the result is the only thing that matters. grin

joeace2020:
Every forum and united page you go to, the fans are combusting, it seems as if an asteroid is heading for earth. God help us if we mistakenly drop out of top 4 before January. The number of pages here would get to 6k.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
Lana1:
My friend shut the fûck up and get off ur high horse. U go on and on attacking people with contrary opinions as if u're the Lord and saviour of this thread.

I dont see how anyone can blame Mata for the goal and not appropriate equal blame on Young. They were both at fault.

Go to ur village and be asking ur people these kind of stupid questions. U might be able to find an answer there.

Sorry o Emperor supreme of Manchester United thread. Anyone now that talks about City now u can tell them to go support them instead. Nonsense.

Yh. I dont mind my business. And i poke my nose where it doesn't belong. Says the guy who was minding his own business when he decided to jump into someone's else's mentions and tell them to go support City.
Mehn gerrarahia!!

Haba oga lana1...larride na Ur peoples na grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
diggz:

Haba oga lana1...larride na Ur peoples na grin
Shior. As if u Chelsea fans dont fight amongst urselves almost every week.

Anyways, we good here. Nothing spoil!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Oga Joeace2020..... you won't kill me with Laughter this Evening. Has it come to sacking JM?! LMAO!

We are simply saying; JM needs to step up and upgrade his Philosophy. He should create a Team that will be feared in the League and in the UCL, not a Team that would panic to play offensive Footie against upcoming Teams like Spurs.

Have patience. This thing is not as easy as you say. We all know what we were getting with Mourinho, so you expecting him to upgrade philosophy now na unrealistic expectation. I am not expecting any much change till players return from injury.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
See wetin Cavani chop.
And you guys are blaming Richarlison.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
Lol, our 1st loss dis season o, see as here scatter like say we de relegation zone, grin true fans vs fake fans grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
codedguy1:

It's so annoying. Passing ball backwards like it was going out of fashion when they should be countering. Mourinho wan turn LVG angry

I have not even seen that H'field game and I won't. Na only highlights of the goals I see.

When we win a game with this type of display and we the fake fans complain they tell us the result is the only thing that matters. grin

grin grin grin grin

I don accept the manager since as complaining nor fit change anything. I am just looking forward to the next 2 Transfer Windows, seeing people like Lingard coming into a match when we dey find goals na wetin dey make we wan stone Mourinho for not putting all focus on the attack last window. our attackers nor sabi how to counter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
codedguy1:

grin grin grin grin

The rate at which we now accept names though.. From Einsteins to Fake fans grin grin grin grin ......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
joeace2020:

Have patience. This thing is not as easy as you say. We all know what we were getting with Mourinho, so you expecting him to upgrade philosophy now na unrealistic expectation. I am not expecting any much change till players return from injury.

grin

You will soon join the Clique of Anti-Mourinho Philosophy in due Time except he surprises us against Spurs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4637) (4638) (4639) (4640) (4641) (4642) (4643) ... (14141) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: kizolo(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.