Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,336 members, 7,954,375 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:50 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9156998 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (14373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On May 14, 2012
coogar:

i know you would love such names.....u love lindegaard too.

so what's your final assessment of our new signings?

de gea, phil jones, ashley young

De gea- Currently 65% with a potential to hit 90% in 3yrs

Phil Jones- 60% with a potential to hit mid 80% in 3-4yrs

Ashley Young - Currently 65% and cant get any better than this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On May 14, 2012
dayokanu: Regarding the discussion going on.

No sensible team would want to get into a bidding war with City.

So the best bet is for Man utd to decide on players they want and sign them sharpish before Citeh gets interested.

E.g if man Utd wants Falcao, Citehs greed would make them submit a bid and just dump him on the bench So he wont go to the rival

Players like Falcao and cavani would cost in the range of 40m cos of the amount used to buy them.

Buying players from Dortmund can be cheap but risky, cos those players are System players, The Dortmund system suits them like dodo on rice. individually Bayern players are better but when in the system They are wayy better than what any Robben, Ribery, Gomez or Schweini can do individually.

Example of system teams include Dortmund, Arsenal, and even Barca, their players are not guaranteed to succeed anywhere else. (Pique, Abidal, Pedro, Valdez, etc are not guaranteed to excel elsewhere aside barca)

If you take them outside of Dortmund, I doubt them would excel except for a few like Hummels and Goetze. prime example is Nuri Sahin who looked like Zidane last season and has struggled in Madrid even can displace any of Khedira or Alonso.even Callejon and Altintop seem to get more look in.

One good tactics I would suggest for "SENSIBLE" teams without a sugardaddy is to rummage through the dumpster behind Etihad, Bernabeu and those money miss road teams

Madrid offloaded Robben and Sneijder. Since then Sneijder has won a CL and Robben is playing in his second final as stars of their new teams. While madrid hasnt played a single final since then

N.B. Whats wrong with man Utd taking a look at Dzeko?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:16pm On May 14, 2012
dayokanu: Regarding the discussion going on.
No sensible team would want to get into a bidding war with City.
So the best bet is for Man utd to decide on players they want and sign them sharpish before Citeh gets interested.

city can't buy every player on the planet. what they currently have is enough worry as it is.
if city are going to buy at all, they would concentrate on the defence and wing players, not strikers.

E.g if man Utd wants Falcao, Citehs greed would make them submit a bid and just dump him on the bench So he wont go to the rival
Players like Falcao and cavani would cost in the range of 40m cos of the amount used to buy them.

the sale of berbatov, park, owen and few millions would pay for that

Buying players from Dortmund can be cheap but risky, cos those players are System players, The Dortmund system suits them like dodo on rice. individually Bayern players are better but when in the system They are wayy better than what any Robben, Ribery, Gomez or Schweini can do individually.
Example of system teams include Dortmund, Arsenal, and even Barca, their players are not guaranteed to succeed anywhere else. (Pique, Abidal, Pedro, Valdez, etc are not guaranteed to excel elsewhere aside barca) If you take them outside of Dortmund, I doubt them would excel except for a few like Hummels and Goetze. prime example is Nuri Sahin who looked like Zidane last season and has struggled in Madrid even can displace any of Khedira or Alonso.even Callejon and Altintop seem to get more look in.

i am quite sure hummel would do well.
system players, i know about them. i have said this about the german national team.
they are all system players bar one or two.

One good tactics I would suggest for "SENSIBLE" teams without a sugardaddy is to rummage through the dumpster behind Etihad, Bernabeu and those money miss road teams. Madrid offloaded Robben and Sneijder. Since then Sneijder has won a CL and Robben is playing in his second final as stars of their new teams. While madrid hasnt played a single final since then

N.B. Whats wrong with man Utd taking a look at Dzeko?

city won't sell to united. not after what happened last night.
dzeko and aguero are now city heroes. i expect their statues to be
erected by next week. united should look into other european leagues
and get their men.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:33pm On May 14, 2012
coogar:

city can't buy every player on the planet. what they currently have is enough worry as it is. if city are going to buy at all, they would concentrate on the defence and wing players, not strikers.

Don't be too sure Citeh cant but all the players on the planet. Especially the grade A players. You have seen how Chelsea did in the first years of Abramovich that the obssesion was soo high that they would even track youth team players Man utd wants to buy.

They hear man Utd wanted to buy Robben they didnt even see Robben for once they splashed on him, They heard Arsenal wanted to buy SWP bang they quickly swooped on him. Regardless of the price. they even try to second guess their rivals that "Do you think man Utd want to buy Kezman, Drogba, Jarosik? Is yes lets quickly buy him".

In 2004-2006 Any player that plays 4 decent weeks get signed by Chelsea, WHy do you think Mansoor isnt willing to do same?

Did you remember that sometime last yr when results didnt go Citys way, mancini said he didnt have enough players JUST IMAGINE THAT. With the encouragement from last night, I bet they would make a bid for Messi and Ronaldo. cheesy

the sale of berbatov, park, owen and few millions would pay for that

How much do you think you can sell Park Owen and Berbatov for?

33yr old Owen maybe free. 31yr old Park maybe 2m. 31yr old Berbatov Maybe 5m. Total less than 10m. That means you need to add over 30m to buy just Cavani or Falcao. And I am certain thats not where all your problem lies. What do you think of Johnson from Man City? They guy dey waste for there.

i am quite sure hummel would do well.
system players, i know about them. i have said this about the german national team.
they are all system players bar one or two.

Its plain ignorance that would make ppl underrate players in the German National team

Neuer top 3 keeper in the world. Lahm top 3 Right back, Hummels top 5-7 CB in the world, Schwein top 3 -5 CM in the world, Ozil - Top 3-5 AM in the world, Khedira - Regular for Madrid - Arguably top 10 in his position. Assuming Gomez doesnt start thats at least 5-6 top players in their positions. How many teams have better than this?

city won't sell to united. not after what happened last night.
dzeko and aguero are now city heroes. i expect their statues to be
erected by next week. united should look into other european leagues
and get their men

I expect Dzeko to leave. His NT coach even said he would leave. a player like Dzeko would absolutely start at a 90% of clubs in Europe now left to 10mins cameos. Looking into other leagues always have the risk of adjustment to EPL I am sure you know about this too well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:44pm On May 14, 2012
dayokanu:
Don't be too sure Citeh cant but all the players on the planet. Especially the grade A players. You have seen how Chelsea did in the first years of Abramovich that the obssesion was soo high that they would even track youth team players Man utd wants to buy.
They hear man Utd wanted to buy Robben they didnt even see Robben for once they splashed on him, They heard Arsenal wanted to buy SWP bang they quickly swooped on him. Regardless of the price. they even try to second guess their rivals that "Do you think man Utd want to buy Kezman, Drogba, Jarosik? Is yes lets quickly buy him".

a lot of things worked hand in hand for chelsea to be that dominant for 2 years.
apart from roman;s wealth and mourinho's tactical superiority, peter kenyon was the biggest factor.
the gorimpapa practically took united's shopping list to chelsea and all united's targets were
gazumped by chelsea. mikel obi, ballack, robben, essien, cech, etc.

In 2004-2006 Any player that plays 4 decent weeks get signed by Chelsea, WHy do you think Mansoor isnt willing to do same?

having the money to buy and knowing who to buy are different things.
we often see boys with rich fathers but who are complete money-miss-roads.

Did you remember that sometime last yr when results didnt go Citys way, mancini said he didnt have enough players JUST IMAGINE THAT. With the encouragement from last night, I bet they would make a bid for Messi and Ronaldo. cheesy

even with the amount of billions spent, it was still down to goals difference.
a city colleague of mine was gloating this morning and i told him the only
difference between them and us was the absence of nemanja vidic.

How much do you think you can sell Park Owen and Berbatov for?
33yr old Owen maybe free. 31yr old Park maybe 2m. 31yr old Berbatov Maybe 5m. Total less than 10m. That means you need to add over 30m to buy just Cavani or Falcao. And I am certain thats not where all your problem lies. What do you think of Johnson from Man City? They guy dey waste for there.

united's loss last night was 50-50 for me. i had a wry smile cos this would get
fergie to work harder instead of his "if it's not broke, don't fix it" mantra.
that midfield has been crying for help since 2009 at least. scholes/giggs shouldn't
be playing in the midfield - they are too old.

Its plain ignorance that would make ppl underrate players in the German National team

Neuer top 3 keeper in the world. Lahm top 3 Right back, Hummels top 5-7 CB in the world, Schwein top 3 -5 CM in the world, Ozil - Top 3-5 AM in the world, Khedira - Regular for Madrid - Arguably top 10 in his position. Assuming Gomez doesnt start thats at least 5-6 top players in their positions. How many teams have better than this?

how well do these players perform in their respective clubs.
you see podolski, klose, metresacker, badstuber, muller, etc
and they have posted averagely since the last world cup.

I expect Dzeko to leave. His NT coach even said he would leave. a player like Dzeko would absolutely start at a 90% of clubs in Europe now left to 10mins cameos. Looking into other leagues always have the risk of adjustment to EPL I am sure you know about this too well

dzeko would suit us(at least he offers that presence in the box) and his aerial ability is excellent.
but would city sell us a virus? they won't. i don't expect them to. if united win the league next season
with dzeko scoring the goal in 90 + 2 mins, mancini would be sacked. we just have to find another ruud,
another cantona and another ronaldo somewhere and pretty fast!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:46pm On May 14, 2012
i dont tink a player like dzeko will fit into d united style.he is a bit ponderous and lacks berba's technical ability.wt we need is an attacker who combines welbeck's link up play with chicharito's deadly finishing e.g falcao,huntelaar,higuain e.t.c i tink those will suit united better than dzeko
i agree alot of d dortmund players r system players e.g gundogan,kuba,grosskreutz but the sheer talent of hummels n gotze and d versatility of kagawa should enable them adapt to other systems...PLUS lewandowski is actually still improving every day as a striker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:50pm On May 14, 2012
personally i tink huntelaar is underrated and would make a good buy.he is very good in d air,technically sound and a terrific finisher.
huntelaar or falcao and sell berba n owen.d strike force next season being rooney,welbeck,chicharito and huntelaar/falcao
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On May 14, 2012
afrodoc: i dont tink a player like dzeko will fit into d united style.he is a bit ponderous and lacks berba's technical ability.wt we need is an attacker who combines welbeck's link up play with chicharito's deadly finishing e.g falcao,huntelaar,higuain e.t.c i tink those will suit united better than dzeko
i agree alot of d dortmund players r system players e.g gundogan,kuba,grosskreutz but the sheer talent of hummels n gotze and d versatility of kagawa should enable them adapt to other systems...PLUS lewandowski is actually still improving every day as a striker

What I think Dzeko need is a good run of games to get his confidence back. Not the 10mins cameos

Berbatovs technical ability/tekkers hasnt be seen in any striker in the last 7yrs. So asking for berbatovs controls is like asking for Bierrhoff or Shearers type of headers or for Ronaldinhos exuberance

Huntelaar doesnt link up, He is a Nistelrooy/Gomez striker. he is a finisher nothing more. And he plays better in a 4-4-2. Imagine the amount of good playing next to raul did to him

Dortmund is filled with System players Gundogan, Hummels, Goetze are actually talented. But Grosskreutz, Kuba, Kehl, Schmelzer and Subotic are the system guys whose job is just to chase you and run like a mad man for 90mins disrupting play.

Dortmund is like having 7 Dirk Kuyt/Ivica Olic and 3 Ozil.

They are the most annoying team to play. The chase every ball, run for 90 mins and their counter attacks is superb
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:05pm On May 14, 2012
i LOVE watching dortmund,everybody is fit n quick (apart from old sebastian kehl grin).yeah gundogan seems talented esp initially but he seems to have struggled of late
huntelaar's link up play must b better than chicharito's at least cheesy and while its clear to see that d 4-4-2 of schalke paid dividends for him dont forget dt he has also excelled with d dutch side away from 4-4-2.what i meant was dt unlike chicharito he would b able to receive d ball wit his back to goal and lay a simple pass to a free winger n wheel into d box for a return pass/cross and unlike welbeck he would be able to finish on a consistent basis gilt edged opportunities
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:15pm On May 14, 2012
StarBoard:
You shoulda been aborted, you bedroom mistake.
That's all I'll say to you.
Your IQ must be in the region of seminal spurts when copulating, so it was a mistake jawing with you.
LOL u r so dimwitted u rarely make sense! the irony of the matter is that YOU WERE ABORTED grin
if any young lady is reading this,be warned......starboard is the result of a partially successful abortion.LMAO
they succeeded in flushing his brain out but left a shell of a skull,d ninny's IQ is approximately zero.Such a pity that ur IQ is INFINITESIMAL while your i.m.b.e.c.i.l.i.t.y is INFINITE!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:26pm On May 14, 2012
in other news our very own gary "o.r.g.a.s.m" neville has joined d england coaching staff
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2012
Gary Neville to be next England manager after Woy. cheesy

Coogar, want to bet we dont spend £30+M on any one player this summer?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:42pm On May 14, 2012
Mr_TA: Gary Neville to be next England manager after Woy. cheesy

£70m at least!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:58pm On May 14, 2012
Mr_TA: Gary Neville to be next England manager after Woy. cheesy

LOL u mean Gawy Neville?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 8:10pm On May 14, 2012
Can we please perish this Dzeko dream? City will rather pay him to play in Dubai than sell him to us.
It will not happen.

coogar:

united's loss last night was 50-50 for me. i had a wry smile cos this would get
fergie to work harder instead of his "if it's not broke, don't fix it" mantra.
that midfield has been crying for help since 2009 at least. scholes/giggs shouldn't
be playing in the midfield - they are too old.

agreed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 8:19pm On May 14, 2012
coogar:

let's be honest - cavani or falcao won't pin a permanent shirt at city.
with owen and berbatov moving, they have spaces awaiting them at united than city.
you actually think these players are interested in where they will win a permanent shirt?
they will simply tell you they are are up for a challenge (as long as there is more money on offer).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:31pm On May 14, 2012
very true that money is a major factor for footballers these days.but we dont have to buy 4 or 5 stars,no radical surgery as such is needed.a truly world class midfielder,another midfielder,a world class strker plus or minus a left back should go a long way in improving d squad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:39pm On May 14, 2012
mbulela:
you actually think these players are interested in where they will win a permanent shirt?
they will simply tell you they are are up for a challenge (as long as there is more money on offer).

and the value drops after a season and they are back to square one.
we saw it happen to tevez, adebayor and now dzeko!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:47pm On May 14, 2012
well Fergie had better shine his eyes well well o.he has to buy smartly in order to see off this City menace
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:54pm On May 14, 2012
afrodoc: well Fergie had better shine his eyes well well o.he has to buy smartly in order to see off this City menace

Its difficult dealing with people like Citeh. The only option is identify players you need keep strict radio and media silence and buy within 2weeks. If man Utd start a bidding war for Kagawa dont be surprised if Citeh submits a bid just to block you.

Chelsea did it in the past and Citeh can do it again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:02pm On May 14, 2012
Hmmm, Just reading that Scholes will play on another season at the club. I love Scholes but not sure he wont just continue to convince SAF that we dont need midfielders. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:04pm On May 14, 2012
and it seems City's pockets r even deeper than roman's ever were.
very good idea,like d chicharito deal.d problem is dt d agents we hv these days r greedy loud mouths,dey will leak d news just to start a bidding war
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:05pm On May 14, 2012
We need proven quality in central midfield, no taking chances on players that 50% potential star, 50% work in progress. I don't want to see any Anderson, Kleberson, Liam Miller or DjembaX2 type names being discussed. We need players that immediately address weaknesses in our midfield in immediately quantifiable ways.

We don't really a big name striker who will expect to play week in week out. Chicarito and Welbeck have a way to go age & development wise and we will rotate our strikers again next season. The likes of Falcao aren't worth considering since paying that much for a player who won't be starting every single game is not sensible, when you can get a slightly less quality player for a whole lot cheaper and less team disruption.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:07pm On May 14, 2012
coogar:

£70m at least!
We wont break our transfer record this summer, I'm willing to bet 15K worth of Suya.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:09pm On May 14, 2012
montelik: We need proven quality in central midfield, no taking chances on players that 50% potential star, 50% work in progress. I don't want to see any Anderson, Kleberson, Liam Miller or DjembaX2 type names being discussed. We need players that immediately address weaknesses in our midfield in immediately quantifiable ways.

We don't really a big name striker who will expect to play week in week out. Chicarito and Welbeck have a way to go age & development wise and we will rotate our strikers again next season. The likes of Falcao aren't worth considering since paying that much for a player who won't be starting every single game is not sensible, when you can get a slightly less quality player for a whole lot cheaper and less team disruption.

fergie needs to dump 4-4-2 to challenge.
4-2-3-1 or 433 protects our defence far better than 4-4-2 and we are
constantly in control of the game.

saying that, rooney should lead the line flanked by 2 of our best wingers.
carrick, cleverley and anderson are good enough in that midfield but i cannot
trust clev-ando axis to be fit 24/7. we actually need a left back. evra's recovery
has been dire for 18 months now.

yes, he attacks very effectively but when we lose the ball, he doesn't track
back quickly to position and he's at least responsible for 50% of the goals
we conceded this season. his side of the pitch got us into loads of trouble
because mr evra was jogging back when he should be sprinting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:10pm On May 14, 2012
Huntelaar. . . thats another very DEADLY SOUNDING name grin grin grin

@ Coogar.

De Gea has come good; he'll be as fantastic as VDS no doubts. Thumbs up to SAF for sticking with his man and absolutely reassuring to know we also have a reliable number two, as against the days of Carroll and Howard!

Phil Jones - has immense potential for CB and DM positions with a bit more exposure, he'll be a great prospect in those positions and could well be our new O'shea. RB is just not his forte, best we leave that position to the Da Silvas!

Ashley Young - started well, scored fantastic goals but ultimately I am disappointed; I expected more. But he can and will produce more from what I've seen; he's certainly more reliable than Nani that is for sure!

Do you see the point I am trying to make about names - Phil Jones, Ashley Young - sounds like Soul music artistes to me. Compare that to Zamorano, Litbarsky, Hristo Stoichkov, Bu-rru-cha-gga or Canniggia - meeen, see defenders are already quaking in their boots at the sound of that. Its all in the mind, but its part of the game grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 9:23pm On May 14, 2012
RuuDie: Huntelaar. . . thats another very DEADLY SOUNDING name grin grin grin

Do you see the point I am trying to make about names - Phil Jones, Ashley Young - sounds like Soul music artistes to me. Compare that to Zamorano, Litbarsky, Hristo Stoichkov, Bu-rru-cha-gga or Canniggia - meeen, see defenders are already quaking in their boots at the sound of that. Its all in the mind, but its part of the game grin grin grin

What of A-GBON-LA-HOR? E-FE_TO-BO-RE SOD-JE, Ajigijaga broken bottle cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ritchboy(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2012
mbulela:
I acknowledge your attempt at trolling.

I acknowledge you just learned the word "trolling" and were desperate to use it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:34pm On May 14, 2012
dayokanu:

What of A-GBON-LA-HOR? E-FE_TO-BO-RE SOD-JE, Ajigijaga broken bottle cheesy

laff wan tear my belle! u forgot LUCKY A-GBON-SE-GBAFE cheesy
very true dt our primary need is in midfield and falcao is most likely a pipe dream but another 1st class striker wont b soo bad cos i dont think chicharito or welbeck r quite ready yet to lead d campaign.it seems fergie likes lewandowski.is dt name powerful enuf for u ruudie? LE-WAN-DOW-SKI....baba o cheesy
i hav been complaining abt evra for abt 2 seasons now but some people were defending him saying he wasnt been protected by his left winger bla bla bla.d guy is now sooo poor in one on one situations its nt funny.
BUT we need a really good CM,someone that can run faster n mark better than scholes and with a good fraction of scholes creativity
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:35pm On May 14, 2012
Mr_TA:
We wont break our transfer record this summer, I'm willing to bet 15K worth of Suya.

no need to buy suya with the money.
just send 15k to my abode via royal mail.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:43pm On May 14, 2012
@ Mr TA.ur bet is a good idea,i will b d umpire so d suya will b in my house for safe keeping wink
meanwhile where u wan see 15k suya?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:11pm On May 14, 2012
I know some malams that can hook it up. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (14373) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.