Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8750215 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (14157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:15pm On May 14, 2012
Targets Identified - David Gill

“It turned into a very difficult afternoon but that’s football for you,” said Gill, recalling Sunday's events. “We’ve had a great season, got 89 points and the title has never been decided on goal difference before. All the players and staff can be very proud of what they’ve achieved.

“I do think everyone at the club, from Alex down, agree we underperformed in Europe this year. We felt confident of getting out of our Champions League group and the Europa League was new for us and took some getting used to. But it demonstrates the high standards set for this club.

“The very fact we finished second and no team has come second with 89 points means we’ve got a lot to be proud of. We’ve got to move on and I’m sure we’ll come back fighting next year.”

“The manager, Jim Lawlor and the scouting team, everyone is looking at it and discuss it throughout the period,” he explained. “Obviously, the work intensifies now in terms of actually doing deals and we’ve identified players so let’s see what happens

“It’s a 365-day-a-year job that talent is always on our radar but the paperwork is done in the close season and transfer window – we can sort out the deals beforehand and get them moving.”

In terms of competition from Manchester City at the head of the market, he replied: “We have to sell what this club is about. We still pay very well in terms of transfer fees and wages. City have raised the bar again and we’ve seen what they’re prepared to pay for players and to players but we’ll see what’s happening with the financial fair play and how that’s implemented and what the sanctions are going to be.

“It’s interesting. We should recognise we’re a very successful club, one of the top three in terms of turnover in world football and it generates a lot of cash to invest in players. We will continue to do so and our style is both buying players and giving youth a chance.

“Without doubt [there is money to spend]. We recognise we spent quite a bit of money last summer when we bought Phil Jones, David De Gea and Ashley Young and we understand that. I think we’ll be looking in the next few months and there could be some interesting developments.

“Come August, we’ll have got new players, had the Euros, the players will be back, we will have been on tour and start again. That’s the beauty of football. Everyone starts on zero points and we’ve got to step up to the mark and do well.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:12am On May 15, 2012
Scholes to play on for at least another season. . .hmmmm!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18066863
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:35am On May 15, 2012
afrodoc:
LOL u r so dimwitted u rarely make sense! the irony of the matter is that YOU WERE ABORTED grin
if any young lady is reading this,be warned......starboard is the result of a partially successful abortion.LMAO
they succeeded in flushing his brain out but left a shell of a skull,d ninny's IQ is approximately zero.Such a pity that ur IQ is INFINITESIMAL while your i.m.b.e.c.i.l.i.t.y is INFINITE!
Extremely juvenile attempt at humor.
Please, this attention-seeker should go and identify his father, since it appears he is a product of a gang-rape.like you've ever made any sense to yourself.
I'm sure this hermaphrodite doesn't know what genus he belongs to.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:54am On May 15, 2012
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:59am On May 15, 2012
StarBoard:
Extremely juvenile attempt at humor.
Please, this attention-seeker should go and identify his father, since it appears he is a product of a gang-rape.like you've ever made any sense to yourself.
I'm sure this hermaphrodite doesn't know what genus he belongs to.
At least u r nt disputin d fact dt u hav bin rantin without makin sense.we were debating wit points but when d logic got too complicated for ur simple mind u were d 1st to throw insults.my fault for arguing wit a cumhead. Wetin concern hermaphrodite and genus? U r obviously r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d most likely cos of the failed abortion on u as a fetus grin
who dey seek attention from u? Omashe o, i.d.i.o.c.y is obviously a genetic trait with you esp since ur folks couldnt even get a simple abortion right! Face front mr olodo and stop drooling over ur morning pap.
U hav bin rantin n ravin over how bad d club was without any real points and when shown to b d nitwit u r u want to throw an embolus,if u no like am go brush teeth wit n.a.k.ed wire
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:11am On May 15, 2012
@ Starboard & Afrodoc, pls drop the spear, for how long will this continue? You are both matured minds now... Abeg una two... Biko
We are all on the same course... UNITED by UNITED, Let it stay that way
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:13am On May 15, 2012
yes boss
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:22am On May 15, 2012
meanwhile how classless is tevez as a person.it was just a few months ago dt he was on argentine talkshow doing a Baskethmouth impersonation and cracking d audience up on how terrible Manchester was as a city and how dull life was there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 7:51am On May 15, 2012
coogar:

and the value drops after a season and they are back to square one.
we saw it happen to tevez, adebayor and now dzeko!
Adebayo no send this argument of yours.
He will be earning 170k a week for the next 2 or 3 years. whether he is sitting on the bench,sofa or on the treatment table makes very little difference to him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:54am On May 15, 2012
reminds me of a certain Winston Bogarde.some players would do anything for money,including doing NOTHING
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:56am On May 15, 2012
RuuDie: Scholes to play on for at least another season. . .hmmmm!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18066863

I would be lying if I said this news sits well with me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 7:57am On May 15, 2012
RuuDie: Huntelaar. . . thats another very DEADLY SOUNDING name grin grin grin

@ Coogar.

De Gea has come good; he'll be as fantastic as VDS no doubts. Thumbs up to SAF for sticking with his man and absolutely reassuring to know we also have a reliable number two, as against the days of Carroll and Howard!

SAF hands were forced by Lindegaard's injury.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:00am On May 15, 2012
City strike the first blow as it seems they have Hazard in the bag.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 8:02am On May 15, 2012
coogar:

fergie needs to dump 4-4-2 to challenge.
4-2-3-1 or 433 protects our defence far better than 4-4-2 and we are
constantly in control of the game.

saying that, rooney should lead the line flanked by 2 of our best wingers.
carrick, cleverley and anderson are good enough in that midfield but i cannot
trust clev-ando axis to be fit 24/7. we actually need a left back. evra's recovery
has been dire for 18 months now.

yes, he attacks very effectively but when we lose the ball, he doesn't track
back quickly to position and he's at least responsible for 50% of the goals
we conceded this season. his side of the pitch got us into loads of trouble
because mr evra was jogging back when he should be sprinting.
we need a complete central midfield with only Carrick as the main contender from the present team.
Cleverley should be a squad player. Enough of the Anderson drama.Enough of it.
However, Fergie stated yesterday that Scholes will play next season and Giggs might. If both counts are true then we are of all men,most miserable.
A left back will come in cos Fabio is off to Benfica on loan and likely permanent afterwards.
There is a potential problem in the middle of defence as both Smalling and Evans are due for surgery in the summer and Vidic will not begin training until August.Leaving Rio as the only fit central defender to go on tour.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:18am On May 15, 2012
^^Haba what of Jones, he is a natural CB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:07am On May 15, 2012
mbulela:
SAF hands were forced by Lindegaard's injury.

Whatever it was that caused the consistent run of games for De Gea, it's certainly helped! Now I don't even bat an eyelid when the likes of Stoke come with their yeye aerial bombardment!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 9:19am On May 15, 2012
montelik: ^^Haba what of Jones, he is a natural CB.
Fergie says he needs a complete summer break as he has played more games than is good for his age.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2012
SAF'S SPEECH lastnight.:-

"I don't know how you managed to stand up (for his
standing ovation) after yesterday - I've been
horizontal for the last 24 hours! Oh, what a day, Jesus
Christ! We don't deserve that. You supporters, how you
put up with that I don't know. These guys they did
their best, honestly, they were fantastic, well done
boys. They were brilliant, brilliant boys.

I read an article this morning - the Racing Post - the
only paper I read by the way! Says that we need 8 new
players, Jesus Christ! First of all where do you get 8
players, and why do I need 8 players? I have got a lot
of young players here who are evolving into the club,
of course I've got the old masters Giggs and Scholes
and Ferdinand and most importantly, and you know you're
not understand this, but I've got a fantastic staff.
Fantastic. The medical staff, the sports science who
bloody hell, they are bright boys, they talk stuff that
I have never heard of before and hope I never hear
again! They are beyond my intellect.

I'm a dinosaur, I'm an absolute dinosaur but what I am,
I'm a winner. And I want all these players and I said
it to them yesterday, when we lost the league to Leeds
United in 1992 the young players came out that day and
the Liverpool supporters were asking for their
autographs, Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Beckham, and they
were tearing them up, tearing their autographs up. And
I said to Giggs and the boys 'remember this day', and
exactly what I said to them yesterday - those
Sunderland fans were cheering for city, remember the
day. We won't forget that, I'm telling you. So well
done to the players, a fantastic group, they will be
alright, don't worry about them, a great bunch of lads,
brilliant, well done boys."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 4:47pm On May 15, 2012
lets hope he backs it up with actions.i for one would want us to go about d summer deals in a quiet but decisive manner,we dont have to be noisy like our neighbours or go toe 2 toe with them for every available star.lets quietly identify our targets and strike.Like Theodore Roosevelt said "speak softly and carry a big stick".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:24am On May 16, 2012
but decisive manner,we dont have to be noisy like our neighbours or go toe 2 toe with them for every available star.lets quietly identify our targets and strike.Like Theodore Roosevelt said "speak softly and carry a big stick".[/quote]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:36am On May 16, 2012

I'm a dinosaur, I'm an absolute dinosaur but what I am,
I'm a winner. And I want all these players and I said
it to them yesterday, when we lost the league to Leeds
United in 1992 the young players came out that day and
the Liverpool supporters were asking for their
autographs, Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Beckham, and they
were tearing them up, tearing their autographs up. And
I said to Giggs and the boys 'remember this day', and
exactly what I said to them yesterday - those
Sunderland fans were cheering for city, remember the
day. We won't forget that, I'm telling you
. So well
done to the players, a fantastic group, they will be
alright, don't worry about them, a great bunch of lads,
brilliant, well done boys."

Oh ho ho. . .boy, is SAF is FIRED UP or what!!? This is the spirit Baba. . .this is the spirit; me and you are now connected in the spiritual - leave any gad'dem church, mosque or stadium!

And I agree with you Sir, just a bit more good ol' fashion battling passion and we don't fecking need no dobovorsky, NaKagawa, goodijunsson or Tsunami. Yes!

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:25am On May 16, 2012
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:18am On May 16, 2012
Kagawa has had a chat with SAF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:07am On May 17, 2012
Though I agree with all the end of the season awards. Valencia certainly deserves his player of the season. I would pick Nani's equalizing goal against City in community shield and his firecracker against Chelsea ahead of Tony V's goal against Blackburn.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Effiko(m): 11:33am On May 17, 2012
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:58pm On May 17, 2012
Effiko: http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/forget-ferdinand-manchester-uniteds-michael-carrick-is-the-glaring-omission-from-englands-euro-2012-squad/

yet you wonder why england continue to fail in tournaments - the failure
starts even before they jet out to the tournaments. who else does not know
carrick should have been the first player to be named in that midfield?
roy hodgson is a plonker and leaving carrick would cost him his job.

in the absence of wilshere, cleverley and paul scholes, the england squad
lack a decent passer of the ball. barry is a liability, parker is a henchman.
lampard and gerrard are relics. they don't bring anything to the table asides
their hit-n-miss hollywood passes that have cost england problems time and time
again.

england's pain is fergie's gain: we would have angel michael hot n fresh for next season.
this article on 442 magazine sums up what i have been saying about carrick for eons.
http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/statszone/archive/2012/05/16/why-michael-carrick-should-start-for-england-this-summer.aspx
this article on 4-4-2 sums up michael carrick aptly.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 3:45pm On May 17, 2012
Nah the reason England fail is because the players are simply not good enough. It's that simple
Also having Carrick as the defensive midfielder would be suicidal. Tbh the same can be said for Barry. These players need the insurance of a solid Defensive midfielder. Although Carrick would have been the better option.
As England's best passer, Carrick should be playing in the centre Mid position and allowed to control possesion. Similar to what the likes of Xavi,Pirlo and Bastian do for their respective countries
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 5:13pm On May 17, 2012
Jari Litmanen, the former Ajax and Liverpool No10, provided one source of inspiration for Rooney. "I enjoyed how he moved and got into space," he said. "And he was patient. If you looked at him, he always never looked like he was rushed doing anything. He always used to take his time. Then, when the opportunity came, he found the space to get the ball in the net.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:59pm On May 17, 2012
chic2pimp: Nah the reason England fail is because the players are simply not good enough. It's that simple
Also having Carrick as the defensive midfielder would be suicidal. Tbh the same can be said for Barry. These players need the insurance of a solid Defensive midfielder. Although Carrick would have been the better option.
As England's best passer, Carrick should be playing in the centre Mid position and allowed to control possesion. Similar to what the likes of Xavi,Pirlo and Bastian do for their respective countries

another charlatan speaketh.....
having carrick as a defensive midfielder would be suicidal as opposed to who?
gareth barry? alex song? cheikh tiote? mikel obi? or who?

the job of a defensive midfielder is simple yet people think it's complex.
carrick's job is to screen his back four. provide a shield, nullify attacks
by either making tackles(zombies) or make interceptions(geniuses).
interception trumps tackles as tackles can result to a foul or even get
penalised with a yellow or red card.

in the whole of europe, only sergio busquets is better than carrick in the role of a modern defensive midfielder.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:53am On May 18, 2012
Marouane Fellaini..Please
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 10:00am On May 18, 2012
Mr_TA: Marouane Fellaini..Please
is that a joke?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:23am On May 18, 2012
mbulela:
is that a joke?

No, I've always been a fan. If we got Fellaini and Javi Martinez as our only midfield signings I would be very happy personally.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (14157) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: lusid, Mrviktor(m), rooftops and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.