Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,184 members, 7,842,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4884) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8812130 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4881) (4882) (4883) (4884) (4885) (4886) (4887) ... (14199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:41am On Dec 14, 2017
A40:
I heard Moanrinho was criticizing people for celebrating and questioning their education?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsaAbuGtmz4

This same crazeman? I have never seen a bigger hypocrite since I started following sports
No be him run the lenght of the same Old Trafford

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Obere4u: 4:28am On Dec 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

That is not the job of an attacker, that is simply forming activity. 3goals no goal no assist yet he is voted MOTM from ballot box

Just like Iniedo in Euro 2012 finals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 6:44am On Dec 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

You never reach house to prove to me that Hazard had better offensive output with Mourinho than without Mourinho.

Output alone not ballot box awards
DK you ehn... Which one be ballot box again? Lawd! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:49am On Dec 14, 2017
So because I slapped my wife a few times when I was 27 years old means I can't speak against domestic violence several years later?
Even when I have been educated about the ills of it and turned a new leaf, for the past several years?

Some people on this board think with their anus
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:38am On Dec 14, 2017
“I can only have six [outfield] players on the bench and I try to have some balance on the bench – I had two defenders and [Daley] Blind who can play in different areas. I had Ashley Young to cover me all of the wing and the wing-back position.

“I had [Ander] Herrera as a midfield player, Zlatan [Ibrahimovic] as a striker and Marcus [Rashford] as a second striker and winger. I played [Anthony] Martial, [Juan] Mata and [Jesse] Lingard in the team.

"To have Micki means that I don’t have one of them and, in this moment, I believe the other ones they deserve [the chance to play].”

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:40am On Dec 14, 2017
“Both [Shaw and McTomminay] were very good. Luke was really good and improving, but then, later in the game, he was feeling cramp and they [Bournemouth] felt that and were trying to go through that side so it was important to bring Ashley Young to the game.

"The reaction of the crowd [when he was replaced] pleased me too because there is no better thing for a player than that."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:50am On Dec 14, 2017
“Scott [McTominay] didn’t look like it was any different for him to play in another match and another competition. He is ready to play, he had 90 minutes today, he had 90 minutes against CSKA [Moscow] and he is ready to play.

“Scott, this season, has played 90 minutes in three different competitions. He played against Swansea in the Carabao Cup, tonight and played against Benfica and, for the three times, he played 90 minutes, not 89 or 87 or 85.

"He played 90 [minutes] because, in every match, he was an adult. He was not a kid, he was an adult playing really, really well."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 8:51am On Dec 14, 2017
Skimpledawg:

2013/14, 16goals + 7 assists
2014/15, 17goals + 11 assists + PFA award wink
2015/16, 4goals + 4 assists grin

After meeting JM his Saviour, 59 goals+assists
Before meeting JM 37 goals + assists.

Bar the bad season JM had after the league title, suffice it to say that if Hazard had continued with JM, he would have won the Balon d'or and Champions League cool

Are you now convinced JM had influence on his life?
So from almost 40 per season to 20+ per season under Mou. Come why you not adding 2016/2017 season undecided and half of 2015/15 + this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:52am On Dec 14, 2017
"I think his [Bailly] injury is serious. I don’t know [how long he will be out] but his is an injury that comes from the last time he went with the international team and then we are trying a conservative treatment.

"But, if the conservative treatment is not resulting, probably he will have a surgery procedure but let’s wait a little bit more."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 8:53am On Dec 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

You never tell us the ones Man Utd sent to backwater Turkey or the clubless ones like Sagna
Schwengster cheesy outside europe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:54am On Dec 14, 2017
"I don't want to be so pessimistic," stressed thI want to leave it with a doctor. Today, I played [Chris] Smalling and [Phil] Jones and we had [Victor] Lindelof and [Daley] Blind on the bench. Marcos Rojo was injured [against Manchester City] but nothing really big. 

"During the whole season, we've had problems with central defenders but because the number is four or five, we manage always to have [players available] and Chris Smalling is playing amazingly well for seven or eight matches in a row maybe, so we are fine."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 9:03am On Dec 14, 2017
raumdeuter:
Fans don dey beg Man utd to attack Bournemouth at home

I didnt watch from the start but I see lvescore have Man utd at 2 shots on target and Bournemouth has 7

But that should be expected since Bournemouth spent more money and inherited a better team
cheesy lmao rotfl...

They should go and beg Rooney also grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 9:17am On Dec 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

Which moves? I watched it all first goal Pedro presed the keeper who kicked the ball to Hazard who gave to Willian and to Bakayoko for the first goal

2nd goal Alonso crosses for Willian who nods in

3rd goal Willian to Pedro
shocked you mean 4 mins cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:30am On Dec 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

Tomorrow show me any highly rated attacker who isnt known for his number of goals nor assist rather for running around creating space

Ronaldinho

When he won the FIFA player of the year award in 2004, how many goals and assists did he give in that calendar year. I can count dozen players who scored more than him. Same with Assists.

In 2005 he won both FIFA player of the year and Ballon'dor. How many goals did he score. He was joint top Assists with Lampard in the Calendar year, and Lampard scored more goals.

If we left awards in your hands, Ronaldinho would not have been termed great because during his time, we had Henry, Eto, Toni, Trezequet, Makaay, Lampard, Klose, Drogba, Defoe, Anelka, Berbatov, Owen, Torres, Raul, etc, who were scoring more.

In Assists, we had Lampard, Loscov , Henry 
, Dennis Bergkamp , Ljugberg, Giggs , Xavi , Zidane , Figo, Ballack , De Lima , Deco Schweinsteiger, Bercham 
CR7, etc who beat in Assists in 2004 for us instance, and some other seasons.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 14, 2017
BlueAngel444:
shocked you mean 4 mins cheesy
This place look like Shekpe thread?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:04am On Dec 14, 2017
15 goals 4 Assists in all competition of 2004 is what Ronaldinho used to win FIFA player of the year 2004.

In same period Henry had 40 goals, 14 Assists. Henry came second in FIFA award.

Makaay 28 goals, 9 Assists
Berbatov 22 goals, 11 Assists
Marcelinho 17 goals, 15 Assists
Adriano 28 goals, 3 Assists
Schevchenco 29 goals, 1 Assist
Pires 20-9
Mcarthy 26-2
Ivan 26-12
Etoo 25-2
Ronaldo 19-8
Lampard 12-15

Going down down on the list, you would see Aiyehbeni with 20 goals 1 Assist.

Going by Raumdeuter's analysis, Ronaldinho was just busy creating space and dribbling for nothing, so he didn't deserve the FIFA player of the year 2004 awarded to him. The above players and even others not listed deserved it more.

Thank God say no be people like Dayo dey govern soccer. He for frustrate the real footballers and give awards to anyone who can score many goals.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 10:23am On Dec 14, 2017
elampiro:

Ronaldinho

When he won the FIFA player of the year award in 2004, how many goals and assists did he give in that calendar year. I can count dozen players who scored more than him. Same with Assists.

In 2005 he won both FIFA player of the year and Ballon'dor. How many goals did he score. He was joint top Assists with Lampard in the Calendar year, and Lampard scored more goals.

If we left awards in your hands, Ronaldinho would not have been termed great because during his time, we had Henry, Eto, Toni, Trezequet, Makaay, Lampard, Klose, Drogba, Defoe, Anelka, Berbatov, Owen, Torres, Raul, etc, who were scoring more.

In Assists, we had Lampard, Loscov , Henry 
, Dennis Bergkamp , Ljugberg, Giggs , Xavi , Zidane , Figo, Ballack , De Lima , Deco Schweinsteiger, Bercham 
CR7, etc who beat in Assists in 2004 for us instance, and some other seasons.
This has just murdered EVERYTHING Dayo NOISES about.

cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:24am On Dec 14, 2017
Away from all this irrelevant discussions who else was impressed by Mc tominay last night? That boy was dropping some kind of passes that I had not seen since paul scholes left united? Good tackling and making High risk, fearless passes that surprised bournemouth time and time again and also created opportunities for our attacking players..he could have won motm on another day

I think if he can build on this performance then himself, matic and pogba can form the fulcrum of our midfield going forward so long as Ander is still coasting...the next kid to enter that 1st team should be gomes nice to know he has finally signed a new contract...at least he would add competition for Miki and mata...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:56am On Dec 14, 2017
elampiro:
15 goals 4 Assists in all competition of 2004 is what Ronaldinho used to win FIFA player of the year 2004.

Pires 20-9
Mcarthy 26-2
Ivan 26-12
Etoo 25-2
Ronaldo 19-8
Lampard 12-15

Going by Raumdeuter's analysis, Ronaldinho was just busy creating space and dribbling for nothing, so he didn't deserve the FIFA player of the year 2004 awarded to him. The above players and even others not listed deserved it more.

Thank God say no be people like Dayo dey govern soccer. He for frustrate the real footballers and give awards to anyone who can scorer many goals.

I Dey shame for Dayo honestly..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:58am On Dec 14, 2017
I thought Shaw was very good last night. Happy for him. Hope he stays fit and kicks on from there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:04pm On Dec 14, 2017
MRTA7:
I thought Shaw was very good last night. Happy for him. Hope he stays fit and kicks on from there.
To me, he really impressed. Nice runs down d flank.

I was scared for him when he was fooled though in the second half

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2017
kokaneprodigy:
them do pass this last season and ended in 6th place.

This UCL qualification through back door is making them forget where they finished last season.
Says the guy who's team is currently 7th and flirting with Europa league.

grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2017
Elampiro, you're so on point, I think the extraordinary stats posed by Messi and Ronaldo has altered the way people view footballers nowadays, couple of years back, Neymar, Hazard and Messi would've been more appreciated than present Ronaldo who is more about goals than exciting dribbles, playmaking etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2017
funlord:

Away from all this irrelevant discussions who else was impressed by Mc tominay last night? That boy was dropping some kind of passes that I had not seen since paul scholes left united? Good tackling and making High risk, fearless passes that surprised bournemouth time and time again and also created opportunities for our attacking players..he could have won motm on another day

I think if he can build on this performance then himself, matic and pogba can form the fulcrum of our midfield going forward so long as Ander is still coasting...the next kid to enter that 1st team should be gomes nice to know he has finally signed a new contract...at least he would add competition for Miki and mata...

Please is Herrera really better than Mctominay? It's better we stopped buying these overrated foreign player and develop our home grown players and only buy super quality players like Pogba, Martial and Ibrahimovic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2017
CapitalCee:

Please is Herrera really better than Mctominay? It's better we stopped buying these overrated foreign player and develop our home grown players and only buy super quality players like Pogba, Martial and Ibrahimovic.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2017
CapitalCee:

To me, McTominay is very similar to Herrera in the way he plays, quick one touch short passes, he isn't too adventurous but maybe that has got to do with the fact that he is playing with the big guys or I prolly haven't seen enough of him...

Cc: Funlord
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2017
CapitalCee:

Mactominays 90 yesterday was better than the entire minutes that Ander has played all season! If herrera does not take his time that boy will seize his shirt in midfield! I like young players who are fearless and are willing to take risks and mactominay really showed that he deserves to start with matic and pogba in our subsequent games! Sometimes being young and not caring about tactics helps to bring out the best in squad players while simultaneously giving the team a new dimension! Long may it continue!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jaysmallz(m): 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2017
Una don start with MCtominay and herrera comparison abi

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2017
patrickmuf:
To me, McTominay is very similar to Herrera in the way he plays, quick one touch short passes, he isn't too adventurous but maybe that has got to do with the fact that he is playing with the big guys or I prolly haven't seen enough of him...

Cc: Funlord

He is more dynamic than herrera for now! He is basically what herrera used to be during his bilbao era but it seems gaal has killed that vibe in him totally! Mactominay has already stated that he is trying to base his game on scholesy but if herrera wants he can still play attacking football like what I saw tominay do last night! He has all those quick touches and passes in his locker as you have pointed out but his time spent in defensive midfield has made him too conservative. He is more of a safety first player these days! Maybe it's the coaching or a loss of form but he should be worried if that kid keeps improving!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2017
funlord:

He is more dynamic than herrera for now! He is basically what herrera used to be during his bilbao era but it seems gaal has killed that vibe in him totally! Mactominay has already stated that he is trying to base his game on scholesy but if herrera wants he can still play attacking football like what I saw tominay do last night! He has all those quick touches and passes in his locker as you have pointed out but his time spent in defensive midfield has made him too conservative. He is more of a safety first player these days! Maybe it's the coaching or a loss of form but he should be worried if that kid keeps improving!
Well said.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:22pm On Dec 14, 2017
Obere4u:
Just like Iniedo in Euro 2012 finals

Iniesta was a midfielder who was top assister in the CL 2011, runner up in assist chart of CL 2015 top assister in La Liga 2011
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2017
elampiro:

Pires 20-9
Mcarthy 26-2
Ivan 26-12
Etoo 25-2
Ronaldo 19-8
Lampard 12-15

Thank God say no be people like Dayo dey govern soccer. He for frustrate the real footballers and give awards to anyone who can scorer many goals.

Before some of you started following European football closely outside of your favorite clubs I have been following it and I followed Barcelona closely because of my hatred for Madrid

For those that didnt know, Ronaldinho was a wing forward in a 4-3-3 similar to what Robben Martial and co. Most of those you listed up there are strikers, Makaay, Henry, Berbatov Shevchenko etc were all top strikers Ronaldinho was never a top striker

In 2003/04 season Ronaldinho was injured and Barcelona sunk to around 11. Ronaldinho came back from injury mid december and scored 11 goals till season ended to push Barcelona from 11th to 2nd

In 2005 Ronaldinho was top scorer at the confederations cup the only FIFA tournament and won the FIFA awards

Now lets look for ROnaldinhos stats to see if he was dribbling for nothing

In 2005/06 Ronaldinho was top assist provider bth in La Liga and in the CL. He was 3rd highest goal scorer in the La Liga 2006 and 2007. At the twilight of his career Ronaldinho was top assist provider in the Serie A. Please which year has Hidden hazard ever been top assist provider either in the league or in the CL

So its a blatant lie to say Ronaldinho was not noted for his goals and assists when multiple times he either topped the chart or was close to the top of the scorers chart despite not being a 9

Hazard has been playing the CL for 6 seasons now he has 8 goals, ROnaldinho played the CL for 6 seasons won it and scored 18 goals total

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4881) (4882) (4883) (4884) (4885) (4886) (4887) ... (14199) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: stulp16 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.