Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,511 members, 7,861,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:38 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8865870 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5479) (5480) (5481) (5482) (5483) (5484) (5485) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
jsheuhsbshxjsiakznznsjaiajsnshsiaiakznsnnwiqoamznxbshsusisnzb.....Amen!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 4:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
Elrony leave me o.

Haba why you just hang for my neck like this ffs?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Guy wetin concern me with Aberdeen na? grin grin grin
It shows you Fergie has done it with or without cash. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2018
airmark:

He relaxed after sodomising him home and away last season to win the league, and his new players refused to gel with old ones this season.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
sinizia:

It shows you Fergie has done it with or without cash. grin

Guy pep did it in la masia too. grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
elrony:

Shey Oasis007 tell you make you calm down since, ehn? cheesy grin

grin

Don't mind jhoor..... he ports to Team Nihilstjnr but we got a better replacement for him in Ibime.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Oga you are the one that is goofing and doing stronghead. As at 1991 English football was on par with Eridivisie today

Infact as at 1991, English clubs had just been allowed back into UCL after being banned for 6 good years from Europe.

Italian football was the EPL of the time. That's what people watched locally and in Europe. In fact, Sky just did a documentary last week about how the Italian football shows of the early to mid 90s were the first TV shows to broadcast football to many people in the UK

A lot of English people IN England watched Juventus and A.C.Milan on TV before they ever got to watch an English league match.

So of course, Italian transfers were more expensive. They had the TV money!

Flip it today, and show me Italian clubs outside Juve and Milan making transfers in the same market as ordinary West Ham today.

So that excuse has fallen flat on it's face.

say you too old, I give you 36 years on this earth, and given the TV restrictions of the time and and lack of internet, Thunder will fire you if you try to claim you followed EPL goings ons in 1991/1992. grin

Na the same internet resources we dey use nigga, so no dey try form historian on publicly available knowledge.

EPL was a new and poor league in 1991/1992 and Fergusom was immediately one of its biggest spenders.

Cantona deal was the 10th biggest deal then, and Roy Keane was a British Transfer record ffs. Nobody in England had ever spent that much on a footballer, not even the queen.

Guy hold this L for me abeg. I dey come sharp sharp.

You shouldn't have entered the argument at all. Because what you typed up there is pure drivel and it is seriously competing with the poppycock usually spewed by Dayo and his Pep fanboys.

The argument was Cantona wasn't relatively expensive in those days as Walker is today. He's more like a Sallah than a Walker. But you somehow wore Dayo's skin and went on an epistle only to prove nothing in the end. Even if you "flip" the leagues, the fact still stands- Cantona wasn't the most expensive transfer that year.

The sheep that associates with dogs shall eat sh.it.

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
Nihilstjnr:
Elrony leave me o.

Haba why you just hang for my neck like this ffs?

tongue tongue tongue

I wan give you tetracycline, your bad belle too much!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:10pm On Apr 08, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Bwahahahagrin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cruxifizio comman carry your brother o!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

Don't mind jhoor..... he ports to Team Nihilstjnr but we got a better replacement for him in Ibime.

Pa Ibime is a deacon!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2018
elrony:

Nihi- L -ist ate his L and is still having it.

E still dey him name.. check well

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

OMG! Are you saying the pastor misled me? So someone like Nihi-L-ist can be b-L-oated and be-LLe-fu-LL with Ls and still have it?
That is deep bro, real deep. Like the sunken p-L-ace in the wi-L-derness.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2018
afrodoc2:

OMG! Are you saying the pastor misled me? So someone like Nihi-L-ist can be b-L-oated and be-LLe-fu-LL with Ls and still have it?
That is deep bro, real deep. Like the sunken p-L-ace in the wi-L-derness.

Yes someone like Nihi- LLLLLL -ist. Apostle Skimpledawg didn't get the revelation about him.

He was right about Ram-deuter tho, he can't eat his L and have it because the first 3 letters are ruminants cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2018
Leyqute:

You shouldn't have entered the argument at all. Because what you typed up there is pure drivel and it is seriously competing with the poppycock usually spewed by Dayo and his Pep fanboys.

The argument was Cantona isn't relatively expensive in those days as Walker is today. He's more like a Sallah than a Walker. But you somehow wore Dayo's skin and went on an epistle only to prove nothing in the end. Even if you "flip" the leagues, the fact still stands- Cantona wasn't the most expensive transfer that year.

The sheep that associates with dogs shall eat sh.it.

I actually pointed out that Cantona was the 10th most expensive...not the most expensive.

I'm not bothering to go into mathematics because like joeace2020 pointed out, there is no formula for working out how much a club say the want for their players.

However, saying that Cantona was signed for relative peanuts is a lie. The word 'relative' already qualifies such a statement for analysis in comparison to some other entity.

Was cantona signed for peanuts relative to other British transfers at the time? If it's the 10th most expensive of over 200 EPL transfers that season, then surely it's not peanuts

Otherwise, Kyle Walker who is the 10th most expensive epl tramsfer of this season must also be peanuts.

That's just simple deductive reasoning not empirical evidence ffs

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2018
elrony:

tongue tongue tongue

I wan give you tetracycline, your bad belle too much!

Flagyl is better, remember it is amoeba that the erudite fellow infected him with.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

No wonder Cruxifizio port sharp sharp and sided you. Na only trolling you are after.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2018
afrodoc2:

Flagyl is better, remember it is amoeba that the erudite fellow infected him with.

I didn't check the test result...

Na to combine am in 1000mg dosage, before the Amoeba forms a resistant cyst!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2018
elrony:

Yes someone like Nihi- LLLLLL -ist. Apostle Skimpledawg didn't get the revelation about him.

He was right about Ram-deuter tho, he can't eat his L and have it because the first 3 letters are ruminants cheesy grin cheesy

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you brother, you are obviously walking in the light.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Oga you are the one that is goofing and doing stronghead. As at 1991 English football was on par with Eridivisie today

Infact as at 1991, English clubs had just been allowed back into UCL after being banned for 6 good years from Europe.

Italian football was the EPL of the time. That's what people watched locally and in Europe. In fact, Sky just did a documentary last week about how the Italian football shows of the early to mid 90s were the first TV shows to broadcast football to many people in the UK

A lot of English people IN England watched Juventus and A.C.Milan on TV before they ever got to watch an English league match.

So of course, Italian transfers were more expensive. They had the TV money!

Flip it today, and show me Italian clubs outside Juve and Milan making transfers in the same market as ordinary West Ham today.

So that excuse has fallen flat on it's face.

say you too old, I give you 36 years on this earth, and given the TV restrictions of the time and and lack of internet, Thunder will fire you if you try to claim you followed EPL goings ons in 1991/1992. grin

Na the same internet resources we dey use nigga, so no dey try form historian on publicly available knowledge.

EPL was a new and poor league in 1991/1992 and Fergusom was immediately one of its biggest spenders.

Cantona deal was the 10th biggest deal then, and Roy Keane was a British Transfer record ffs. Nobody in England had ever spent that much on a footballer, not even the queen.

Guy hold this L for me abeg. I dey come sharp sharp.

I think Afrodoc2 has blown this out the water by showing evidence that Fergie won 7 league titles before ever topping the net spend chart.

I am 35 years on this earth this year and landed UK in 1996/97 season and met all those players I quoted on ground plus had been watching football many years before. Also used to visit these shores before I relocated so though I may not have first hand experience, I have some experience plus met that era of players fully. When Amokachi was transferred for example, I knew the price in 1994 so if you tell me Roy Keanes transfer was outrageous 12 months earlier, I can give you better perspective.

To the crux of the issue, Fergie can never be compared to moneybags Guardiola. Fergie broke Celtic-Rangers hegemony without money at Aberdeen. To show his level, he then won Cup winners Cup beating Madrid in the final. Then he won European Super Cup beating Hamburg in the final. In those days all 3 European trophies were highly prized, not like today where UCL takes all the shine. To win those cups, you have to be the best. That's because only league winners go to UCL, then 2nd place goes to UEFA Cup and Cup winners go to CWC. Most Serie A legends of 1990s made their name in CWC and UEFA Cup eg Elfenomeno Ronaldo, all the Parma legend etc. This is why I laugh when anyone tries to downplay Chelsea CWC title of 1998 through the lens of todays UCL. The equivalent of what Fergie did with Aberdeen is like Pep taking Everton to UCL victory today.

Fergie won 7 leagues without being top net spender. What I remember Fergie for is most of his squad would be packed with 6/10 players and he would still win league. Your Johnny Evans, Darren Fletchers, Nicky Butts, David Mays, Pallisters, Solskjaers, Rafaels, Fabios, Wes Browns, Ji Sung, Quinton Fortunes etc. Most of the rest will be 7 or 8/10 not big name world stars eg Sheringham, Andy Cole, Yorke, Gary Neville, Nani etc. In every Fergie 11, 5 or 6 players will be 6/10 or 7/10 players. So no, I can never compare Fergie who can coach a squad of above-average players to greatness to Fraudiola who must have 9 or 10 10/10 players on on the pitch, if not they will flog him 3-0 or 5-0.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
Can't Ronaldo stop scoring?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
afrodoc2:

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you brother, you are obviously walking in the light.

We thank Jah for Day!!! cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2018
CapitalCee:

He lost to the seventh team in Spain but rallied his team from 2 goals down away to fraudiola to trash him. Throwing your fan base into mourning.

As at today Guardiola is in the CL, Mourinho isnt

As at today Guardiola is topping the league table, Mourinho isnt

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 4:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
Ibime:

I think Afrodoc2 has blown this out the water by showing evidence that Fergie won 7 league titles before ever topping the net spend chart.

I am 35 years on this earth this year and landed UK in 1996/97 season and met all those players I quoted on ground plus had been watching football many years before. Also used to visit these shores before I relocated so though I may not have first hand experience, I have some experience plus met that era of players fully. When Amokachi was transferred for example, I knew the price in 1994 so if you tell me Roy Keanes transfer was outrageous 12 months earlier, I can give you better perspective.

At least you have shifted tact slightly from comparing a poor EPL in the early 90s to a Serie A in its heyday.

Pointing out Amokachi transfer a year later is completely irrelevant because a year is a long time in football.

Like I pointed out earlier, Ferguson even broke the club transfer record twice in a single window, so I'm not sure what benefit is to be gained from pointing out am Amokachi transfer a year later...especially when in the exact year You're talking about, the same Ferguson spent double the Keane Fee on Andy Cole....Another record signing!

Like I pointed out to the good doctor, the only difference between Pep and PDP is the fact that Pep is not managing in an era of total dominance like PDP.

I showed the example of the Mirror' s EPL team of the 90s and only 4 clubs were represented. And that's an entire decade. 6 of those players played under Ferguson

If you do a team of the 2010s and the team would be more diverse.

Ferguson had the best squad in that era. if he had five 6/10 players, everybody else was fielding 3/10s.

There wasn't even a top 4 in the 90s. Just Manyoo. I've said several that I supported Leicester city in the 90s. My first ever game was Leceister Newcastle at Filbert street in January 99...The stadium itself is now a block of flats opposite Welford road where Leiceiter tigers play. So me sef don dey follow ball for a while.

So for Ferguson to have such a solid base, and still be breaking transfer records, I don't see how that's different to Pep who is having to compete with 5 other clubs with similar spending resources and base team quality.

PDP = PEP. QED.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2018
elrony:

I didn't check the test result...

Na to combine am in 1000mg dosage, before the Amoeba forms a resistant cyst!!! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2018
afrodoc2:

Nobody has come up with the season Ferguson spent more than other EPL teams in the 90s. From 1992 to 2001 almost a decade can some one list the years Ferguson dominated the transfer market? We have 2 years out of 2 for Pep.

The story has changed from "Ferguson outspent other teams most of those seasons to win all those titles" to "no he already had the best team so he didn't have to outspend everybody.

You can't have it both ways, it is either he outspent everybody to win the titles or he built great teams so he didn't have to outspend everybody.

Choose one side, in the immortal words of Skimpledawg, "YOU CAN'T EAT YOU L AND HAVE IT".
Chief Chief grin grin

Too many Ls just for one person
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2018
elrony:

Let Nihilstjnr be angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
raumdeuter:

Guardiola lost 2 games in quick succession, Mourinho cannot lose in the CL again because he has been kncoked out by the 7th best team in Spain

The league Mourinho is trailing by double digits
Let's not allow all these back and forth distract you from the fact that Pep is about to be knocked out of Champions League by the fourth team in the league that he claims to be dominating.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2018
There was a time cry

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BushWickBill: 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
eph12:

Let's not allow all these back and forth distract you from the fact that Pep is about to be knocked out of Champions League by the fourth team in the league that he claims to be dominating.
Him go gree?

He will point out how Sevila knocked out United but turn a blind oju yobo eye to Pep almost certain to be dumped out by Tuesday.

Expecting anything from that hypocrite is optimistic at best
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2018
eph12:

Pep made it to the quarters and Liverpool is 3rd

Mourinho failed to make it to the quarters vs a team 7th in La Liga that just lost to Celta Vigo 4-0

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
raumdeuter:

Pep made it to the quarters and Liverpool is 3rd

Mourinho failed to make it to the quarters vs a team 7th in La Liga that just lost to Celta Vigo 4-0
What's the difference between second round and quarter final? Are we now celebrating the "we made the quarter final" trophy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2018
eph12:

What's the difference between second round and quarter final? Are we now celebrating the "we made the quarter final" trophy?

If Man City Mistakenly run riot on Tuesday, this thread will be deleted permanently. Amala turner and amoeba will make this place useless. Make we never count those fvckers out yet oo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
joeace2020:

If Man City Mistakenly run riot on Tuesday, this thread will be deleted permanently. Amala turner and amoeba will make this place useless. Make we never count those fvckers out yet oo.
cheesy cheesy

Thought about that too but we die here cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5479) (5480) (5481) (5482) (5483) (5484) (5485) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: bolu96(m), akwesenana, kizolo(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.