Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,181 members, 7,860,235 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:12 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8859179 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5480) (5481) (5482) (5483) (5484) (5485) (5486) ... (14213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
eph12:

What's the difference between second round and quarter final? Are we now celebrating the "we made the quarter final" trophy?

Like asking whats the difference between finishing the league 7th and finishing 17th

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
raumdeuter:

Like asking whats the difference between finishing the league 7th and finishing 17th
More like 7th and 8th
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ollah2: 8:18pm On Apr 08, 2018
BushWickBill:

What's the sense and logic behind this half-assed questions?

Someone won the league on a meager budget with Porto and you are questioning his stints elsewhere.

Pep has not proved he can win the Champions League with nobodies like Jose did, yet you are bringing Jose into this argument.

At least Pep sent himself on exile when Jose battered the points tally record in Spain.

What was Pep's budget when he won 6 trophies in his first season at Barca?

Who were the some bodies at Barca when Pep won the league? A team that went two years without trophies and lost their morale plus exiting the CL at QF thanks to Man u.

If the exile you mean is by Pep winning the EPL with lots of points between his team and Jose's, what would you call what Pep did to Ferguson after destroying his Man U team in the finals on two occasions and the only goal he scored was an offside ? Wembley couldnt even help his ass out .

You are the one writing half-assed comments without logic and sense

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ollah2: 8:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
BushWickBill:

Oga, get your English in order when you type. You are supposedly a graduate. That first sentence is atrocious and I don't normally respond to invalid statements.

Secondly, this argument is not about Ancelotti or Jose. Pep has outspent everybody and he is rightfully the focus of our discussion. If you can't put up any kind of defense in his favor instead of pointing to others as justification for his goofs, do us all a favor and don't contribute.

Pep is halfway to being embarrassed by Klopp who hasn't spent nearly half as much as your god. Last season he lost to Monaco on the way to finishing trophiless. Deal with that instead of looking elsewhere.

Oga you that is a graduate with good English, what's your account balance? If you want perfect English comments, head to the education section.

Why should the argument be about Pep alone? If you call out Pep, why should the rest be ignored? Yes Klopp dealt with him despite the meagre budget, but Jose is exonerated right? Is Sevilla budget close to Liverpool let alone that of Man United?

Wasn't Ancelotti sacked despite inheriting a double winning team? Why is he exonerated?

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 8:36pm On Apr 08, 2018
elrony:

Yes someone like Nihi- LLLLLL -ist. Apostle Skimpledawg didn't get the revelation about him.

He was right about Ram-deuter tho, he can't eat his L and have it because the first 3 letters are ruminants cheesy grin cheesy
Hahahahahahahahaha....

Why are you like this ffs? grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ollah2: 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

....... at least he bit his Predecessors' Records at both Clubs.

You and those that liked your comment must think Madrid is Chelsea

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:45pm On Apr 08, 2018
ollah2:

You and those that liked your comment must think Madrid is Chelsea

undecided

What are you insinuating pls?! Who was Mou's predecessor at Madrid and what was his Records in the UCL pls?!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eruditor: 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2018
afrodoc2:

His logic is not sound. He has tied himself in a tortuous knot of his own pseudopods, the flagrant amoeba.

Now let us bury this Fergie misconception once and for all.

Fergie won the EPL 7 times in 9 seasons from 1992 to 2001 AND NEVER ONCE TOPPED the Total spending chart.

The first time Fergie topped the total spending charts in the EPL was in 2001 after he had already won 7 league titles, 3 FA Cups and 1 champions league title.

For those who don't have A1 in Further Mathematics. Throughout the 90s when Fergie was truly dominating the EPL with 7 EPL titles, 3 FA cups, and also won 1 champions league title he never was the top spender in the EPL in any season

You are making emotional arguments. If that were not so, I don't need any history about what he won. His winningness is not being questioned.

SAF came 1986 and did not win the EPL till 92/93. Why will I evade all those years to argue he did not top the spending in 92/93?

I can as well say he needed 6 YEARS of spending to compete whereas Pep needed 2. Which will spur a whole new discussion that deviates from the original.

The fact remains that Pep's spendings and SAFs can only be compared based on what they represented not in the position of spending.

To that end, a 28M Veron (English record for a midfielder) can be compared with an 89M for Pogba because they represent the same thing.

To leave that and start prating on about top 6 spending or making yourself judge and jury all in one smacks off the "community argument" you guys do here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eruditor: 10:47pm On Apr 08, 2018
Nihilstjnr:
Also I think Eruditor's logic is sound.

We must never forget that Ferguson was breaking British and World transfer records upandan until Roman came to save the EPL from the clutches of the Scottish devil.

Ferguson even broke transfer record twice in the same window on at least one occasion.

The mathematics of the equivalent value is just an irrelevant distraction that Scummies are using to deflect from the simple fact that PDP was the original PEP.

I mean, someone purchased Veron for 28M, Rio 30M in 2001. So his spending is 58M. Another purchases Pogba 89M and VVD 75M in 2016/17 (164M). Then people say the latter has spent 106M more than the former and when you tell them to compare the different markets. The "Logic" you start getting is, "SAF did not spend in 92. He spent in 98. Show us a formula. You are tied in torturous knots. Take your L".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eruditor: 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2018
joeace2020:

It's now 70M+ after i took you to the cleaners.

I have actual pity for you because you think intelligence is by voting.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eruditor: 10:59pm On Apr 08, 2018
raumdeuter:

That's why I always say many posters here struggle with logic.

It's like your dad(Ferguson) saying as a 40yr old man he was able to take care of a family of 6 with 5k monthly salary in 1990, so you(Guardiola) should be able to do the same now with 10k a month in a family of 6 in 2018

LOL.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eruditor: 11:22pm On Apr 08, 2018
ollah2:

Oga you that is a graduate with good English. What's your account balance? If you want perfect English comments, head to the education section.

Why should the argument be about Pep alone? If you call out Pep, why should the rest be ignored? Yes Klopp dealt with him despite the meagre budget, but Jose is exonerated right? Is Sevilla budget close to Liverpool let alone that of Man United?

Wasn't Ancelotti sacked despite inheriting a double winning team? Why is he exonerated?

Don't let him turn the argument into Pep.

I can't discuss the credentials of someone who is on course for a domestic double after they said he won't win a spoon.

The only thing being discussed is how SAF spent over 624M in 26 years in United of which I said would easily have been 2B in today's market.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ollah2: 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
Eruditor:

Don't let him turn the argument into Pep.

I can't discuss the credentials of someone who is on course for a domestic double after they said he won't win a spoon.

The only thing being discussed is how SAF spent over 624M in 26 years in United of which I said would easily have been 2B in today's market.

Dont mind them. Why couldn't he win UCL when he was winning the league titles? The two UCLs he won were by luck and yh he got schooled twice by the same Pep

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TalabiAudu: 11:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
That defeat still dey pain these pep fanboys?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Afz9095(m): 12:25am On Apr 09, 2018
Guys I just wake up from a sweet dream now , I see man city winning non of their remaining league matches L vs Tottenham, D vs Swansea, D vs West ham, D vs Huddersfield, D vs Brighton, L vs Southampton. I pray my dream comes true
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 1:27am On Apr 09, 2018
Afz9095:
Guys I just wake up from a sweet dream now ,
I see man city winning non of their remaining league matches
L vs Tottenham,
D vs Swansea,
D vs West ham,
D vs Huddersfield,
D vs Brighton,
L vs Southampton.
I pray my dream comes true

you have 'iba'

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:11am On Apr 09, 2018
Afz9095:
Guys I just wake up from a sweet dream now ,
I see man city winning non of their remaining league matches
L vs Tottenham,
D vs Swansea,
D vs West ham,
D vs Huddersfield,
D vs Brighton,
L vs Southampton.
I pray my dream comes true

grin

Malaria........ you need to visit a Doctor or a Herbalist.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:36am On Apr 09, 2018
Saw this somewhere. This is the same reason Pep changed his entire backline to allow the attacking players more freedom and see how's its turned in the league for them. Imagine Mourinho having a really solid backline like back in Real Madrid.

People keep telling Mourinho to allow his team to play more attacking football... yet have criticized Wenger for now having his team play tight enough defensively. Jose clearly doesn't trust his back line, so he plays cautious. If he can get a more reliable and consistent back four, I think you'd see him allow his from 4 or 6 to have more creative freedom (with the occasional game where grinding out a defensive game is tactical towards a bigger title challenge). I'd hold Matic and Pogba or Mctominay back too if I had Smalling in the back four. Smalling is so inconsistent, Bailly often injured, Valencia pure athleticism but prone to errors, Young having a solid season but not a true LB and getting older. With Darmian (yikes), Jones (injured), Lindelof (still settling), and Shaw (not fit) in the wings. Certainly not the defensive setup he'd probably like to allow his creative players to thrive.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Afz9095(m): 8:37am On Apr 09, 2018
Oasis007:

grin
Malaria........ you need to visit a Doctor or a Herbalist.
grin gringrin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Afz9095(m): 8:41am On Apr 09, 2018
Khaytunechi:

you have 'iba'
grin f**k you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 9:32am On Apr 09, 2018
joeace2020:

If Man City Mistakenly run riot on Tuesday, this thread will be deleted permanently. Amala turner and amoeba will make this place useless. Make we never count those fvckers out yet oo.
Egbon, you ready to risk am with 10k? tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 10:05am On Apr 09, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Risk 10k on top those amalanomaniacs matter? Tufiakwa. They should carry their pep and Man city wahala and go.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 10:15am On Apr 09, 2018
Skimpledawg:

I am in

Mancity 2 qualify
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Geestunnar(m): 12:34pm On Apr 09, 2018
cool cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2018
neezar:

I am in

Mancity 2 qualify
undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
Skimpledawg:

undecided
I be think say u wan bet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2018
neezar:

I be think say u wan bet
Omo, all of a sudden I'm confused.

I had to look spiritually again to see how Tuesday night will go, I am seeing City boys jubilating on the field of play.

What I don't know is, if it is after 90minutes or celebration due to scoring goals undecided undecided

You understand me?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Omo, all of a sudden I'm confused.

I had to look spiritually again to see how Tuesday night will go, I am seeing City boys jubilating on the field of play.

What I don't know is, if it is after 90minutes or celebration due to scoring goals undecided undecided

You understand me?
yh Bro

good afternoon
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2018
neezar:

yh Bro

good afternoon
Afternoon dockie.

How school?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 1:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Afternoon dockie.

How school?
I dey house jare....My papa no write book...Who school epp sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 2:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
neezar:

I dey house jare....My papa no write book...Who school epp sad
Hahhahah... grin grin

Ai swear sef, who school epp?

I dey get 10 minds sef Wether to continue with my PhD or not undecided

I know a Niqqa working in Total here in Ph, just BSc and he is already made sad

To read sef don taya me. But you need to see where I dey ginga students to read to pass their final exams.

Wetin concern me, make dem no read na grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Hahhahah... grin grin

Ai swear sef, who school epp?

I dey get 10 minds sef Wether to continue with my PhD or not undecided

I know a Niqqa working in Total here in Ph, just BSc and he is already made sad

To read sef don taya me. But you need to see where I dey ginga students to read to pass their final exams.

Wetin concern me, make dem no read na grin
Mhen na before wey school dey benefit person oo, 1 of my cousin has a spare part shop at ladipo, Dude stopped at Jss3cheesy cheesy

He's buying his 3rd car now, But the mumu boy go dey ginger me 2 read angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5480) (5481) (5482) (5483) (5484) (5485) (5486) ... (14213) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jamiuokolla and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.