Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,394 members, 7,958,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:15 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (776) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9168357 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) ... (14380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:11am On Jul 14, 2014
elampiro:

If it's about goals and the team you scored against, then Folan wouldn't be the best in 2010. Except you didn't watch the matches, Messi was one of the top two. Did he not even singlehandly kill Belgium? No one talks about that world class assist after he skipped past two players or so.

Forlan scored long range shots to equalize in the QUARTER FINAL and SEMI FINAL in 2010 world cup.
How many goals did Messi score in the knock out stages of this world cup? Erm....how many goals has Messi scored in his life in the kbnock out stages of the world cup?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:11am On Jul 14, 2014
dayokanu:

What did Messi do vs Belgium? He was useless from quarter finals till final

if its by quality of goals then Rodriguez, Cahill Van Persie and Robben are the ones

Not scoring vs Iran, Bosnia and Nigeria

In 2010 Forlan scored vs Germany, Holland the only big nations he played against

I am beginning to think that many of you guys didn't watch these matches. Messi useless against Belgium? Useless today? You guys don't know how to judge a good player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 1:12am On Jul 14, 2014
elampiro:

This is not how football is judged. This thread is screwed with stats. Shots on target ke Omg!

If we were to judge for instance, we could say that Algerian should be in top 10 having scored 4 goals in 4 games.

What are you saying ?

Messi only scored against useless football nations, was useless from quarter final

Rodriguez 6 goals, scored in every game. Muller 5 goals(Portugal, USA, Brazil) 4 assist

Tell us about Messi exploits at the business end of the world cup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhelake: 1:12am On Jul 14, 2014
elampiro:

This is not how football is judged. This thread is screwed with stats. Shots on target ke Omg!

If we were to judge for instance, we could say that Algerian should be in top 10 having scored 4 goals in 4 games.
Manuel Neuer made more passes(244) than Messi (242)

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:14am On Jul 14, 2014
Dhelake: Manuel Neuer made more passes(244) than Messi (242)

for real?
neuer made more passes than messi? FIFA are a disgrace!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:14am On Jul 14, 2014
elampiro:

I am beginning to think that many of you guys didn't watch these matches. Messi useless against Belgium? Useless today? You guys don't know how to judge a good player.

And you think your well known parameters of PACE,PAWA AND EEGUN ORI are better?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhelake: 1:15am On Jul 14, 2014
elampiro:

Tell me one useful thing Messi did tonight. Had 9 dribbles abi?? Missed a clear goal scoring chance??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhelake: 1:16am On Jul 14, 2014
coogar:

for real?
neuer made more passes than messi? FIFA are a disgrace!
Yes, For Real
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 1:18am On Jul 14, 2014
elampiro: I am beginning to think that many of you guys didn't watch these matches. Messi useless against Belgium? Useless today? You guys don't know how to judge a good player.

Vs Belgium Messi didnt do anything he wasnt among his team top 3 players on that day

Tell us what Messi did vs Belgium, Holland or Germany. We knew he was awesome vs useless nations he faced
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 1:20am On Jul 14, 2014
dayokanu:
Vs Belgium Messi didnt do anything he wasnt among his team top 3 players on that day
Tell us what Messi did vs Belgium, Holland or Germany. We knew he was awesome vs useless nations he faced
Who started the attack that led to the goal?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 1:23am On Jul 14, 2014
homesteady:
Who started the attack that led to the goal?

Dont be ridiculous

Kompany bombed forward lost the ball, Messi took ti passed to Di maria, who attempted to pass to Zabalata but was deflected by Vertoghen to Higuain who blasted it

So how would anyone attribute this goal to Messi given the sequence of play when the ball touched at least 3 players before going into the net?

You might as well ask who passed the ball at kickoff.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:25am On Jul 14, 2014
dayokanu:

Dont be ridiculous

Kompany bombed forward lost the ball, Messi took ti passed to Di maria, who attempted to pass to Zabalata but was deflected by Vertoghen to Higuain who blasted it

So how would anyone attribute this goal to Messi given the sequence of play?

You might as well ask who passed the ball at kickoff

dayo, without bias & sentiments - list your top 5 players in this tournament.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 1:28am On Jul 14, 2014
coogar:
dayo, without bias & sentiments - list your top 5 players in this tournament.

Without Bias

Hames Rodriguez
Robben
Mascherano
Neuer
Muller
Messi

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:30am On Jul 14, 2014
dayokanu:

Without Bias

Hames Rodriguez
Robben
Mascherano
Neuer
Muller
Messi

this is what i would have written too. messi had a very ordinary tournament especially in the knock out games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 1:37am On Jul 14, 2014
Dhelake: Tell me one useful thing Messi did tonight. Had 9 dribbles abi?? Missed a clear goal scoring chance??

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

Nah wetin I read for Barca thread be that o. Nah simple question person ask o. In your opinion why do you think Messi was deserving of the Golden Ball? Nah so I hear he had the record no of dribbles. Imagine the rubbishes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:38am On Jul 14, 2014
Robben
Rodriguez
Muller
Mascherano
Messi

Honorable mention to Hummels,Lahm,Neymar,Kroos
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 1:42am On Jul 14, 2014
coogar:

this is what i would have written too. messi had a very ordinary tournament especially in the knock out games.

yea he had a very ordinary worldcup and he created the most chances (23) and completed
the most dribbles (46) in the tournament!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 1:55am On Jul 14, 2014
elampiro: Yes, it's my best world cup since Mexico '86.
Elamps baba we have witnessed Europe destroy South America again this time on South American soil what do you have to say about this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:56am On Jul 14, 2014
Messi won the FIFA best. FIFA is right. It was straight between Robben and Messi for those who are objective. Messi was the outstanding player tonight trying to single handed create a victory.

Many of you are attacking me at same time and getting me tired and confused. Many of your criteria are baseless in selecting world best. Goals stat, shot on target, etc. Today match showed their was one player who could go past two players- Messi. If scouts were here from another planet for the first time, Messi would be bought first. If only there was a Di Maria to help out. The moment that number 22 got injured, it was hard from the midfield.

If goals or goals per match were to be used. Enna Valencia would be among top 10. Oleg Salenko would be a world cup golden ball winner. Inzaghi and Nistelroy would be Ballon D'or winners, even Lineker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:57am On Jul 14, 2014
Messi won the FIFA best. FIFA is right. It was straight between Robben and Messi for those who are objective. Messi was the outstanding player tonight trying to single handedly create a victory.

Many of you are attacking me at same time and getting me tired and confused. Many of your criteria are baseless in selecting world best. Goals stat, shot on target, etc. Today match showed their was one player who could go past two players- Messi. If scouts were here from another planet for the first time, Messi would be bought first. If only there was a Di Maria to help out. The moment that number 22 got injured, it was hard from the midfield.

If goals or goals per match were to be used. Enna Valencia would be among top 10. Oleg Salenko would be a world cup golden ball winner. Inzaghi and Nistelroy would be Ballon D'or winners, even Lineker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 1:58am On Jul 14, 2014
dayokanu:

Dont be ridiculousKompany bombed forward lost the ball, Messi took ti passed to Di maria, who attempted to pass to Zabalata but was deflected by Vertoghen to Higuain who blasted it
So how would anyone attribute this goal to Messi given the sequence of play when the ball touched at least 3 players before going into the net?
You might as well ask who passed the ball at kickoff.

oga didn't you see how Messi held off three people at the start of the play. Why do you think Higuain
was wide open?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:04am On Jul 14, 2014
homesteady:

yea he had a very ordinary worldcup and he created the most chances (23) and completed
the most dribbles (46) in the tournament!

Wow! 23 world cup chances created in 6 games? 46 dribbles in 6 games. Half of what EPL best playmakers and dribblers did in a whole season.

Hazard had over a hundred dribbles last season. Sterling and Silva were around 90. Chances created were on a similar comparison.

I have to log on to whoscored.com tomorrow. FIFA got it right after all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 2:05am On Jul 14, 2014
Higuain wasn't wide open. 2 Belgian central defenders were in front of him when he took the shot.

They were all looking out for zab who was making the run.

Messi only contribution vs Belgium was getting owned by Cortouis when he had a one on one chance late in the game

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:09am On Jul 14, 2014
homesteady:

oga didn't you see how Messi held off three people at the start of the play. Why do you think Higuain
was wide open?

My brother. Messi won me over with this world cup. I used to be his critic. I was applauding every move he made today. He let's you know he wants to dribble you, and yet dribbles you like you were a baby. It's magical.

He made two moves today. Only chekere thing to score or give assist from those beautiful moves.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 2:15am On Jul 14, 2014
elampiro: Messi won the FIFA best. FIFA is right. It was straight between Robben and Messi for those who are objective. Messi was the outstanding player tonight trying to single handed create a victory.

Germany and Argentina play different styles. Argentina completed over twice the number of dribbles Germany did and this is by design! While one team build their hopes round one player the other team relies heavily on passing and finding the open player! Individually Messi didn't do enough to win the Golden Ball but I understand FIFA must compensate their Golden child I'm just happy he missed out on the main trophy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:16am On Jul 14, 2014
A40:
Elamps baba we have witnessed Europe destroy South America again this time on South American soil what do you have to say about this?

I thought humidity wouldn't allow such?

Any way, it's one of those things. But South American producing best talents still. Messi, Neymar and Rodriguez.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 2:30am On Jul 14, 2014
dayokanu: Higuain wasn't wide open. 2 Belgian central defenders were in front of him when he took the shot.
They were all looking out for zab who was making the run.
Messi only contribution vs Belgium was getting owned by Cortouis when he had a one on one chance late in the game
if you like dig up excuses from the pit of hell, you can't talk about that goal without giving messi some credit
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 2:36am On Jul 14, 2014
homesteady:
if you like dig up excuses from the pit of hell, you can't talk about that goal without giving messi some credit

When a keeper has more passes than the best player of the tournament
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 2:53am On Jul 14, 2014
dayokanu:

When a keeper has more passes than the best player of the tournament

and how many passes did robben make?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:36am On Jul 14, 2014
Dunno why y"all are still arguing with
elampiro and sentimental barca fans who would say just about anything to praise their midget god. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:37am On Jul 14, 2014
elampiro: Messi won the FIFA best. FIFA is right. It was straight between Robben and Messi for those who are objective. Messi was the outstanding player tonight trying to single handedly create a victory.
So Messi won it cos of the above? "Trying to single handedly create a victory?" SMH.

Since knock out stage:

vs Switzerland: Di Maria was the man. Even you attested to this.

vs Belgium: Higuain was the man. Messi even fluffed his one-on-one with Courtious.

vs N'lands: Mascherano was the man. Robben would have won that game for his team if it wasn't him.

Conclusion is Messi won it cos it's same FIFA of 2010.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 8:04am On Jul 14, 2014

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) ... (14380) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.