Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,463 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (777) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8740206 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) ... (14151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 8:08am On Jul 14, 2014
chrisley024:
So Messi won it cos of the above? "Trying to single handedly create a victory?" SMH.

Since knock out stage:

vs Switzerland: Di Maria was the man. Even you attested to this.

vs Belgium: Higuain was the man. Messi even fluffed his one-on-one with Courtious.

vs N'lands: Mascherano was the man. Robben would have won that game for his team if it wasn't him.

Conclusion is Messi won it cos it's same FIFA of 2010.
in the match against Switzerland, di maria got only 2.5 stars in goal.com rating just to show how useless he was in the match! normally after scoring the only goal in a match, the player use to even become MOTM, but di maria was far from it, so stop giving him undue praises!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2014
Who gives a shit about FIFA and their Messi fetish. Let d Messites and anti-Messites carry discussion over to other threads.

Now that d WC is over Van Gaal can officially take charge and begin taking concrete steps.

Have to say I am happy that the Carvalho talk has dampened. No way is he worth activating his release clause. Even though Herrer'sa price tag was steep, he is a player that do a decent job across all central midfield positions and even wide. Carvalho has no such versatility.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:11am On Jul 14, 2014
homesteady:
in the match against Switzerland, di maria got only 2.5 stars in goal.com rating just to show how useless he was in the match! normally after scoring the only goal in a match, the player use to even become MOTM, but di maria was far from it, so stop giving him undue praises!
Di Maria got 9.22 while Messi 9.41(whoscored.com) with match winning goal so he wasn't useless. tongue

What the fvck did Messi do others like Robben(even with their defensive play), James, Mueller, didn't do?

Even the game he scored 2 aboki Musa also got a brace grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 9:41am On Jul 14, 2014
montelik: Who gives a shit about FIFA and their Messi fetish. Let d Messites and anti-Messites carry discussion over to other threads.

Now that d WC is over Van Gaal can officially take charge and begin taking concrete steps.

Have to say I am happy that the Carvalho talk has dampened. No way is he worth activating his release clause. Even though Herrer'sa price tag was steep, he is a player that do a decent job across all central midfield positions and even wide. Carvalho has no such versatility.
Martins Indi is coming to Old Trafford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 9:51am On Jul 14, 2014
please what is the update on Vidal?

Juventus refuted the claim that Vidal and Pogba are not transferable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:19am On Jul 14, 2014
Keky: Martins Indi is coming to Old Trafford.
I rebuke such
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 10:34am On Jul 14, 2014
Martins Indi and Phil jones together? Hmmmmm, can't wait. Mad Combo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:36am On Jul 14, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1547809_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Further speculation was triggered when it emerged that for the first time the Golden Ball was decided by FIFA's Technical Committee, rather than by a media vote.

The general consensus, however, remains that Messi was a little fortunate to receive the award and that his name and reputation may have earned him the prize.

Former England captain Rio Ferdinand said on the BBC: 'I would have gone with James Rodriguez. He has played that exciting, attacking football and he has been trying to hurt the opposition. Messi has had some magic moments but you want them consistently.'

Speaking on his final appearance as a BBC pundit, Alan Hansen echoed Ferdinand's sentiments, stating: 'I didn't think Messi has done enough. Four or five of the Germans have played better over the tournament.'

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:42am On Jul 14, 2014
Keky: Martins Indi and Phil jones together? Hmmmmm, can't wait. Mad Combo

God forbid!!

You can implement that combo in your FIFA 14. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 14, 2014
elampiro:

I am beginning to think that many of you guys didn't watch these matches. Messi useless against Belgium? Useless today? You guys don't know how to judge a good player.

So how should a good player be judged?

Making endless runs into space or gazillions of dribbles with silly end products?

Messi was uber-nonsense throughout the knockout stage. Andre Schurrle was way better than him in the latter stages of the mundial E0D.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:15am On Jul 14, 2014
ElGuapo:
So how should a good player be judged?
Making endless runs into space or gazillions of dribbles with silly end products?
Messi was uber-nonsense throughout the knockout stage. Andre Schurrle was way better than him in the latter stages of the mundial E0D.

elampawa has been smoking weed again. this is what messi's countryman said about the dubious award....

maradona:
"Messi? I would give him heaven if possible,
But it's not right when someone wins something that he shouldn't have won just because of some marketing plan."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 14, 2014
coogar:

elampawa has been smoking weed again. this is what messi's countryman said about the dubious award....

maradona:
"Messi? I would give him heaven if possible,
But it's not right when someone wins something that he shouldn't have won just because of some marketing plan."

Imagine that.

Coming from a man who'd be willing to suck Messi's balls.

Messi is losing friends every day cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
ElGuapo:

Imagine that.

Coming from a man who'd be willing to suck Messi's balls.

Messi is losing friends every day cheesy cheesy
Losing friends How ?
He can't possible reject the award
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:16pm On Jul 14, 2014
Kroos to Madrid @£20mil.
That was a steal!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
@Squawka: Lionel Messi managed just 3 shots on target during Argentina's 4 games in the World Cup knockout stages. #ARG http:///JwvnNPPEvg"
Elamp where are you? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
n0m0705: @Squawka: Lionel Messi managed just 3 shots on target during Argentina's 4 games in the World Cup knockout stages. #ARG http:///JwvnNPPEvg"
How the hell is he then better than Mascherano? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
elampiro:

I guess you were still negotiating your way into mother earth. Negotiating with Angels if you would come to Nigeria or Togo or Aghanistan. Lucky you got Naija at last.

@ least you are taking a guess
Everyone can't be existing by 1914
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
Manchester United sign record 10-year kit deal with adidas worth £750m.

Time to slap players with some cash

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
Man Utd Signs Kit Deal With Adidas For A Record Breaking £750 million .. $1.3bn For 10 Years
http://m.bbc.com/news/business-28282444
http://news.sky.com/story/1300690/manchester-united-signs-750m-adidas-deal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
homesteady: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1547366_1559647_330366637121688_7302860367518822263_n_jpge2b555883cb8c0ecd4f2b4474b0ebcbf

Finito! This sums it all up.

I'm convinced Zidane was the highest goal scorer, highest assist provider and most shots on target in 2006... In the dream of those guys here. I have told people that football is more than these things. Otherwise the likes of Inzaghi, Van Nistelrooy, Iineker, Shearer should have won all the Ballon D'ors. RVP, Drogba, Rooney and Berbatov should have been voted EPL player of the season the two seasons Bale won it.

* I suspect too someone has now opened the eyes of Maradona. The man is now obviously intimidated by Messi rise and rise. Next they go to Copa America. Argentina the clear favourite now.

I beg, I no get time for the medegefede those guys dey yan. World cup is over. But I must find time to look at what whoscored.com said in many parameters.

Argentina scored 7 goals in the world cup, Messi got 4 of those goals and assisted 1. Without his goals, Argentina would not get past the group. Wihout his magic, they could have been disgraced by Switzerland. He was the fear factor that held opponents back in the Q&S fnals as well as final. Without him, Argentina would be worse than England. The only two players who offered quality attacking partnership got injured- Di Maria and that number 22 guy.

Enuf said on this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
ChristineC:
@ least you are taking a guess
Everyone can't be existing by 1914

You are so right. But was that suppose to be 1994?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
Abeg abeg abeg.

I Just looked at whoscored/opta best 11.

Messi 8.5
Robben 8.4
Rodriquez 8.4

All the players rating dropped significantly at every sage of the tournament. The last time I checked was after the quarter finals. (Or was it 2nd round?). This means Rodriguez rating should have fallen further as the tournament went into Semis, if he were still around.

Now, what a coincidence? This is a confirmation. Only Robben can lay claim 'cos he played the difficult matches. When the super stars and biggest teams met.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
The uproar caused by this Golden ball award is enough confirmation that Messi doesn't deserve this award past winners won it without story of Ojoro.
If Maradona can say he doesn't deserve then it is true.
I laff at the though of Messi taking Maradona's place in the heart of the Argentine's

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
elampiro: Abeg abeg abeg.

I Just looked at whoscored/opta best 11.

Messi 8.5
Robben 8.4
Rodriquez 8.4

All the players rating dropped significantly at every sage of the tournament. The last time I checked was after the quarter finals. (Or was it 2nd round?). This means Rodriguez rating should have fallen further as the tournament went into Semis, if he were still around.

Now, what a coincidence? This is a confirmation. Only Robben can lay claim 'cos he played the difficult matches. When the super stars and biggest teams met.
elampiro.
Be consistent.

The other day we were arguing about stats and the Germany/Algeria game.
You refused to believe my stand that Germany was not lucky when I showed you the stats.

Now you go and bring in opta to validate a point that we all know is false.
How come you want to use stats to justify a position on one hand and dismiss the use of stats in another when it doesn't suit your original argument?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
Adidas kit deal is insane. Well done woodward, now just get some signings done.e
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
StarBoard:
elampiro.
Be consistent.

The other day we were arguing about stats and the Germany/Algeria game.
You refused to believe my stand that Germany was not lucky when I showed you the stats.

Now you go and bring in opta to validate a point that we all know is false.
How come you want to use stats to justify a position on one hand and dismiss the use of stats in another when it doesn't suit your original argument?

There is a big difference. This is a rating and not selected stat.

1. This is a collection of over 200 stats of what could happen to a player on the pitch to make a rating or ranking. Not a selection of two or three stats

2. This is also different in the sense that we are talking of individual players here.

3. I did not start the stat comparison on this topic. Since last nite we were being told how some players had hundreds of shots on target. I was looking at the general play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
n0m0705: @Squawka: Lionel Messi managed just 3 shots on target during Argentina's 4 games in the World Cup knockout stages. #ARG http:///JwvnNPPEvg"
dubious stats.. Where was messi on the field of play? He has two strikers ahead of him. Please tell us how many chances he created and how many sucessful dribbles since he was basically a deep lying play maker... Higuain and aguero lost the world cup..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sharperino(m): 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
Man Utd secure adidas kit deal

Manchester United have agreed a deal with adidas worth a minimum of £750million over 10 years from the 2015-16 season

www.fangadar.com/story.php?title=man-utd-secure-adidas-kit-deal

To read more football news, go to www.fangadar.com

You can also register to connect with other football fans too as well as post and share your own football news of interest. Its 100% free to register.

Also check The "FANGADAR Football Daily" an online football daily newspaper for different football news at https://paper.li/Fangadar/1404321928

www.fangadar.com - "Football fans Gather Here..."
Like The Page : www.facebook.com/fangadar on Facebook
Follow @fangadar on Twitter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
elampiro:

There is a big difference. This is a rating and not selected stat.

1. This is a collection of over 200 stats of what could happen to a player on the pitch to make a rating or ranking. Not a selection of two or three stats

2. This is also different in the sense that we are talking of individual players here.

3. I did not start the stat comparison on this topic. Since last nite we were being told how some players had hundreds of shots on target. I was looking at the general play.
But ratings are compiled from stats, no?
And match stats aren't just two or three as you would want us to believe.

But even you will have to admit that Messi was almost non-existent from the knock-out stages. Someone who didn't score in the crucial parts of the world cup cannot be the best player in the tournament.
As Simple as that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
leggo: dubious stats.. Where was messi on the field of play? He has two strikers ahead of him. Please tell us how many chances he created and how many sucessful dribbles since he was basically a deep lying play maker... Higuain and aguero lost the world cup..
Dubious? I didn't compute it, it was done by a reputable organisation.
I am not trying to paint messi as a bad player, I am just trying to show that he did not deserve the golden ball. There are many players that performed better than him especially in the latter stage of the competition. He is not even the best Argentina player

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
StarBoard:
But ratings are compiled from stats, no?
And match stats aren't just two or three as you would want us to believe.

But even you will have to admit that Messi was almost non-existent from the knock-out stages. Someone who didn't score in the crucial parts of the world cup cannot be the best player in the tournament.
As Simple as that.

That's what I am saying. Whoscored uses 200 match stats/parameters (goals, assists, CCC created, key passes, accurate crossing, dribbles, aerial due won, tackles won, possession lost, 50-50 balls won/lost, and hundreds more to arrive at that rating. It's comprehensive enough.

As for whether he scored a knockout goal or not. Here lies the difference, I don't judge players by those stats alone. Messi and Robben were clearly the best from 2nd round to final. Without Messi, Argentina would be worse than England.

Frank and Cecilia.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
If scoring a goal in crucial stage of a tournament wins the best player, then why don't we just say Gotze or Klose should have been given the golden ball?

*** There were no players like Robben and Messi in the world cup.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) ... (14151) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: stephennel(m), Freeopod(m), LostMyZeal(m), Ballzproblem2, Prectega(m), GiftOfLyf, engrelvis(m), LORDLARGE(m), humblesteve(m), Ellexy, Leyqute(m), 100smile(m), PendragonVII, AdisaOwala, Onkoolos, larride(m), Itsrm(m), Dantedasz(m), airmark(m), Whizlight(m), Puntingnoob and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.