Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:31 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9157807 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (14373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:07am On Jul 26, 2014
Training session

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:08am On Jul 26, 2014
United

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 2:50am On Jul 26, 2014
United for live!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:01am On Jul 26, 2014
Guinness International Championship Cup!!!

Man United vs Roma... 21:10
shocked

Real Madrid vs Inter... 23:00
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 7:06am On Jul 26, 2014
I can't wait for the league to start. I have missed Man Utd Fc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 26, 2014
coded01:

Babe forgive me... grin kiss grin

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Vicjay1(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2014
Odunharry: Training session
coach tony. unsung training hero
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:08am On Jul 26, 2014
Double post
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:10am On Jul 26, 2014
@coded01, Liverpool new boy Adam Lallana out six weeks with a knee injury cry

Hope u guyz kept the receipt?grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2014
Louis van Gaal on his coaching methods: "I train players not in their legs but their brains." Have you been impressed by the new manager's start?

Source: MUFC fb.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:51am On Jul 26, 2014
Rafael out of Roma game with groin injury angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:44am On Jul 26, 2014
chrisley024: Rafael out of Roma game with groin injury angry

Rafael and Fabio are always prone to these types of injuries.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:04am On Jul 26, 2014
elampiro:

Rafael and Fabio are always prone to these types of injuries.
Not to worry, Val25 will cover up
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
adebayo201: Guinness International Championship Cup!!!

Man United vs Roma... 21:10
shocked

Real Madrid vs Inter... 23:00

Nigerian time?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
Van Gaal criticised the decision to stage the match at 2pm
local time, when temperatures are likely to be fierce,
resembling the furnace at Fortaleza where his Dutch
players beat Mexico in the World Cup last 16. He made
the unusual move of naming two players – Tom Cleverley
and young left back Tyler Blackett – who will play the full
90 minutes.

“It is unbelievable that we play at two o’clock,” Van Gaal
said. “We will adapt to the situation because all the
players will play for 45 minutes except Cleverley. “For the
players, it is very hard and I hope I can persuade the
referee to have a drinks break as I did in Fortaleza. We
have sports science department and it shall be done very
well with the conditions, especially those players who will
play 45 minutes".

The manager clearly believes that there is work still be
done to bring United’s players to the standard he
demands. “This morning was not a good session, it was 11 v
11 and we simulated an opponent and it wasn’t so good,”
he said. “Tonight we saw set-play, yellow [bibs] were
better than red [shirts]. They make the pitch big and then
make it very compact when they lose the ball. I see
progression every day, but also not good things. We are
here to improve, though.”

The Dutchman was at the hub of training once again last
night, blowing a whistle to command players when to
deliver crosses and corners. There was less voluble
criticism, with only Chris Smalling getting a public rebuke,
and part of the session involved hi preparing for the
penalty shoot-out which will come tonight of the sides are
level. “Anyone want to take a penalty?” he asked. All the
players put their spot kicks past Ben Amos.

Source - The Independent
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
Former Manchester United striker Andy Cole was impressed with Ander Herrera’s début for the Red Devils, as the Premier League outfit kicked off their pre-season with a comfortable win.

Cole insists the 24-year-old is the type of player Manchester United have lacked for some time.

“Herrera looked a real good player. The kind of player that Manchester United have been missing, a midfield player who is getting in behind, creating chances, good passer of the football, likes to keep it ticking over as we say and I enjoyed that.”

Cole added that striker Danny Welbeck was also very pleased to have the Spaniard at United, and that the forwards would benefit from Herrera’s style of play.

“I spoke to Danny Welbeck briefly and he was absolutely buzzing about him after the game. When a centre-forward is buzzing about a midfield player you’ve got half a chance.”

[Source: Skysports News]

Let's hope he's able to carry the form into EPL and fill the vacuum......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
who knows game time vs Valencia
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
SailorXY: who knows game time vs Valencia

If it's the US program you ask, this is it.

(1) 24 July 2014 KO 04:06 BST
LOCAL TIME 23 JULY - 20:06 PT
Man Utd V LA Galaxy

(2) 26 July 2014 KO 21:06 BST
LOCAL TIME 26 JULY - 14:06 MT
Man Utd V AS Roma

(3) 30 July 2014 KO 00:30BS
LOCAL TIME 29 JULY - 19:30 ET
Man Utd V Inter Milan

(4) 02 August 2014 KO 21:06 BST
LOCAL TIME 2 AUG - 16:06 ET
Man Utd V Real Madrid
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 4:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
cleverley and blackett to play 90mins in today's match according to Van Gaal. I think this means they are auditioning for a place in the squad especially Blackett who played quite well as LCB in the 3 man defence in the 2nd half of our last match.

Knowing Van Gaal he might be tempted to promote Blackett and Michael Keane to permanent senior squad duties if they impress on this tour. However i believe we need to buy at least one quality centre back to play in the middle of either a 3 man defence or as a partner for Evans in a 4 man defence.

Watched the match again, what Herrera did was what we have been hoping for Cleverley i.e forward play when the opportunity is there. Unfortunately Clev regressed over the last couple of seasons (hopefully LVG can reverse the regression)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
SailorXY,

V alencia is still far. Gaal's first home match. 7.30pm, Aug 12th.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
Phil Jones is ready to emerge at Manchester United as their prime centre-half.

After three years of waiting for his chance to play regularly in his natural position as a centre half following his £16m move from Blackburn, Jones is determined to show he can be United’s new defensive rock.

“Of course, proving I’m good enough to replace Rio and Nemanja is ultimately what I want to be doing,

“You’ve got to thrive on the challenge rather than be daunted by it. We’ve lost two great defenders in Rio and Nemanja but that’s football and we move on. We’ve got good players to replace them and hopefully we can all step up and improve that. If we all stay fit we’ve got a great chance. That’s what we aim to do.

“It’s encouraging for everyone that the new manager has said he will take a look at everyone before making any decisions.

“Everyone is trying to impress and it’s only right that we give everything we’ve got and prove to the manager that we’re worthy of starting the first game of the season. Everyone is trying to impress and hopefully we can start the season off well.”

[Source: Guardian, Daily Mail]

Meaning they didn't try to impress under Moyes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
Local time of those matches pls!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Antell95(m): 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
Agent Rooney persuading Mata to come to Old Trafford. cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
elampiro:

If it's the US program you ask, this is it.

(1) 24 July 2014 KO 04:06 BST
LOCAL TIME 23 JULY - 20:06 PT
Man Utd V LA Galaxy

(2) 26 July 2014 KO 21:06 BST
LOCAL TIME 26 JULY - 14:06 MT
Man Utd V AS Roma

(3) 30 July 2014 KO 00:30BS
LOCAL TIME 29 JULY - 19:30 ET
Man Utd V Inter Milan

(4) 02 August 2014 KO 21:06 BST
LOCAL TIME 2 AUG - 16:06 ET
Man Utd V Real Madrid

yeah Roma I meant cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
adebayo201: Local time of those matches pls!
the next game should kick off by 11 pm tonight
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Antell95(m): 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
SailorXY: the next game should kick off by 11 pm tonight

i believe its 9pm nigerian local time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
Jose already trying to stir up trouble for LvG and squad. Good sign, means he must be worried about us. He wont have any more excuses for 3 straight trophyless seasons if he doesnt deliver this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
Cleverly likely to captain 2day's team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Vicjay1(m): 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
Its by 9pm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
Manchester United:

Johnstone;

Jones, Evans, Blackett;

Valencia, Cleverley (c), Herrera, James;

Mata;

Rooney, Welbeck

Substitutes:

De Gea, Lindegaard, Amos; Smalling, Shaw, M. Keane; Nani, Young, Fletcher, Kagawa, Zaha, Lingard; Hernandez, W. Keane
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
afrodoc:

i believe its 9pm nigerian local time
Oki doki

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (14373) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.