Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (886) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8723019 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:54am On Aug 18, 2014
Purist:

Manchester United threads have always had the highest number of pages in this section before Elampiro found his way here.

Lol, Bros are you sure?

Dem give me 'award' and you dey deny me my prize.

It looks like elampiro MUST never been given credit for anything. Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:00am On Aug 18, 2014
Dadehmola:

In short you want our 37m January signing out of the team?

I have not displaced him. But the more reason we need Di Maria. Performances like last Saturday needed some reshufflement. Mata out and formation and Rooney drops or formation change.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:16am On Aug 18, 2014
elampiro: I am happy to find this trend. Wow!

SAF just confirmed that Rooney is going nowhere.

Giggs did extremely well on Tuesday. He ran all through like a teenager. Nani, Wellbeck and Giggs did well in retaining possession and pacing play till the red card. Cleverly was also brilliant that period. After the red card, Welbeck and Cleverly could not lift themselves to the occasion, Giggs remain resolute and did well again when Rooney, valencia and Young came in.

The problem was United conceding too quickly after the red card, it didn't allow SAF to read the situation to know how to make changes and change the formation. The red card was a shock to the players and coach, perhaps, as someone said, if United had an experienced midfield player, they should have soaked the pressure better than Cleverly and Welbeck.

With the options available, Rooney should have been quickly introduced to retain possession upfront. Modric was given too much time to shoot, Carrick could have done better. Rafael lost sight of Ronaldo for the second goal. The second goal could have been avoided. How Evra allows so much space to his left, allowing opponents to penetrate that area is sometimes ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Evra is very good, but he stays inside the 18 box most times instead of the wide, allowing strikers to push in easily. I remember a UCL semi final against Chelsea 2011 where Evra was out due to suspension, Evans didn't allow any nonsense from that end. He dealt with opponents right close to the touch line.

Finally, on 11. Vs 11, SAF would have been termed a genius for the tactics he deployed. Imagine, without the red card, SAF had the fresh Rooney and Valencia at 70th minute.

Sometimes football is luck. This time we were not lucky, no thanks to the centre referee, Plaini's agent.

My first post on this thread. 3 days after we lost to Madrid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:22am On Aug 18, 2014
elampiro: Let's not blame too much, without the red card United were heading to the quarter finals and SAF would have been hailed. When I saw the line up, I wondered why Rooney had to be on the bench. But at half time, it was clear United were on course. Nani, Cleverly, Welbeck, Giggs did well. Giggs recovery to assist defence was marvelous, with the speed of a teenager. Nani and Welbeck were causing problem to Madrid on the left, Nani retained, ran and swaggered in, Welbeck speed was a problem too and Giigs and Cleverly provided options behind them with some nice overlapping runs from Rafael and Evra.

It was only RVP who was quiet just as Ronaldo and Di Maria were clipped by United until the red. But no coach on earth would have left RVP out of the game, you are talking of a player who takes 3/4 of his chances or sometimes half chances. Rooney is also powerful, he is the hub, the player who holds united play together, he alone can dictate the direction of a game when fit, but I think SAF needed a tight defence, little midfield action and head on attacking. He went for strikers who can run straight at Madrid defenders and even outpace them with dribbling runs. Nani, Welbeck and RVP were the preferred. Giggs too has been showing class in that direction recently. Playing Rooney and Kagawa would have meant some possessing football in the attacking midfield which will allow Madrid to regroup quickly. It was just a tactical decision.

What pained me was that it was going to be Nani's night. He would have raised his CV with that match, I think he was having a great night on a big occasion. He always had the potentials.

My third post same page 169.

I met some people blaming RVP for his missed chances again in that 2nd leg at OT. Coogar tried to defend RVP but he blamed Giggs. Coogar felt Rooney should have made the difference if he had been selected ahead of Welbeck.

I remember one active babe then Crystal.
Now let me see where Chelsea thread was at the time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Elampiro, spambot don ban you again?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:56am On Aug 18, 2014
nitrogen: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Elampiro, spambot don ban you again?

grin grin cheesy grin

he has about 28 other monikers he uses to "like" his own posts. don't worry, elampawa would be back in due time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
coogar:

nobody would help rooney to pass accurately in short distances. about 7 good attacking moves broke up from rooney's feet just because he cannot make simple passes. that's very poor by his own standard.

then again, the bit about him needing cooperation is misplaced. mata, kagawa, januzaj and nani are competent support and cooperation any striker can ask for.

the video below documented all the touches nani had in the game against swansea. watch it and tell me if di maria has ever played this good in his entire career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpELsTCKIQ4
I think he will step up his game now that he has been made the captain. Let's give him time and the benefit of doubt.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
Danhumprey: I think he will step up his game now that he has been made the captain. Let's give him time and the benefit of doubt.

well.....
we go again in the coming weekend. let's see if he steps it up. a brilliant rooney is what we need to get back to the top. he's the arrow head for now & it's so important that he delivers every time he wears the red shirt.

it's just funny when people think i witchhunt rooney. i called him out on saturday for poor performance, his fans became enraged. now that rooney himself has admitted he was poor on saturday, the rooney crew has kept mum or hiding their tails between their legs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
elampiro: Why did we not sign Di Maria immediately after the world cup or as soon as Madrid indicated interest in Rodriquez or when PSG opted out. We will have to cough out at least £60m now.

I don't look at goals stat to judge players. Everyone knew Di Maria was a world class, when a big club get an opportunity of signing a world class player in a position that is vacant, it seizes such an opportunity. No delay.

Whether or not our 3-5-2 works with Val, Shaw and Young. We will still need a player like Di Maria to give us opins and something extra and special. If Januzaj or Lingaard can play wing back, why can't Di Maria? He seats deep and uses his speed to zig zag his way forward, then Mata, Rooney and RVP come brilliantly alive.
You are right. I am just wondering what the board are waiting for. I blame Ed Woodward. Smh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
elampiro: My third post same page 169.

I met some people blaming RVP for his missed chances again in that 2nd leg at OT. Coogar tried to defend RVP but he blamed Giggs. Coogar felt Rooney should have made the difference if he had been selected ahead of Welbeck.

I remember one active babe then Crystal.
Now let me see where Chelsea thread was at the time.

LOL

So baba wan prove say true true, na him dey generate traffic for this thread? grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hidden posts? hope ban nor join??

E be like say dem nor want make baba claim im title o. . .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
nitlad:

LOL

So baba wan prove say true true, na him dey generate traffic for this thread? grin cheesy grin

united's misery under moyes was responsible for the crazy hike in traffic. people like you coming here to organise parties with rêtarded DJs fighting to host those parties brought more comments here.

although united thread has always been a battle ground of wits & analyses, but it was just slightly above other threads in terms of traffic. moyes' daft tactics & stüpidity made us the laughing stock & thus more traffic!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 12:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
coogar: united's misery under moyes was responsible for the crazy hike in traffic. people like you coming here to organise parties with rêtarded DJs fighting to host those parties brought more comments here.

although united thread has always been a battle ground of wits & analyses, but it was just slightly above other threads in terms of traffic. moyes' daft tactics & stüpidity made us the laughing stock & thus more traffic!

While I agree that Moyes' contribution to your thread's 'development' is immeasurable, grin the bold na lie! Na Chelsea thread be HQ! cool

Ogbeche started your thread Feb 2012. March 2013 na page 100-something una still dey. tongue

ChelseaBMW started we own April 2012 (2 months later than yours). By the same March 2013 we were already knocking on 300 pages! shocked

So despite the headstart, na we bin dey reign. Na Moyes just help una ministry. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, ask dem Band Boys. grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
nitlad:

While I agree that Moyes' contribution to your thread's 'development' is immeasurable, grin the bold na lie! Na Chelsea thread be HQ! cool

Ogbeche started your thread Feb 2012. March 2013 na page 100-something una still dey. tongue

ChelseaBMW started we own April 2012 (2 months later than yours). By the same March 2013 we were already knocking on 300 pages! shocked

So despite the headstart, na we bin dey reign. Na Moyes just help una ministry. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, ask dem Band Boys. grin cheesy grin

you are not counting right!
before now, muki used to lock threads after 100 pages and then create another one. united have had about 6 closed threads while you guys were rocking one.

arsenal threads used to be the most visited because people just like to make fun of failed clubs. then arsenal fans fled the forum as they could no longer bear the shame. united became the battle zone of wits......until moyes turned a fruitful mother into a barren one.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
Buhahaha grin grin grin.. In ur mouth...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
The level of incompetence at the club right now. Smh.

Buy players we cant buy, sell players they cant sell.

We expect to win games when the squad hasnt been improved. Its even weaker than the one that finished 7th under a hapless Moyes.

We shouldnt be surprised we lost to Swansea and wont be surprised when Sunderland also hand us another defeat on at the weekend. And here we were celebrating easy opening fixtures.

Ok oh.. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
Update on Marcus Rojo

Manchester United have agreed a €20 million deal for Sporting defender Marcos Rojo, with Nani going the other way on a season-long loan.

Rojo is to move to Old Trafford after extensive negotiations between the two clubs, against the backdrop of the Argentina defender going on strike before apologising to his team-mates and supporters.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2014/08/18/5041841/manchester-united-agree-20m-nani-deal-for-rojo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
Napoli and Manchester United have reached an agreement for Marouane Fellaini on a season long loan.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
MrTA: The level of incompetence at the club right now. Smh.

We expect to win games when the squad hasnt been improved. Its even weaker than the one that finished 7th under a hapless Moyes.

We shouldnt be surprised we lost to Swansea and wont be surprised when Sunderland also hand us another defeat on at the weekend. And here we were celebrating easy opening fixtures.

Ok oh.. undecided
Hernadez and maybe Kagawa are probably the only players that will be sold at valuable price,I doubt anybody will pay well for the rest plus this guys are on really large salaries that the other clubs can't afford or we still have to subsidize
you either leave Manutd for Madrid or a Mediocre club.
I have realigned my expectation we Probably won't win the League 2nd place still sure.
Watch out for some quality transfer from us this week
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
chrisley024: Napoli and Manchester United have reached an agreement for Marouane Fellaini on a season long loan.

Hugoboi: Update on Marcus Rojo

Manchester United have agreed a €20 million deal for Sporting defender Marcos Rojo, with Nani going the other way on a season-long loan.

Rojo is to move to Old Trafford after extensive negotiations between the two clubs, against the backdrop of the Argentina defender going on strike before apologising to his team-mates and supporters.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2014/08/18/5041841/manchester-united-agree-20m-nani-deal-for-rojo

Good news. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
Rojo otu defender............ grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
SIRcumalot:
Hernadez and maybe Kagawa are probably the only players that will be sold at valuable price,I doubt anybody will pay well for the rest plus this guys are on really large salaries that the other clubs can't afford or we still have to subsidize
you either leave Manutd for Madrid or a Mediocre club.
I have realigned my expectation we Probably won't win the League 2nd place still sure.
Watch out for some quality transfer from us this week
2nd place? I Would probably celebrate 4th place like a lottery win at the moment. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
MrTA: The level of incompetence at the club right now. Smh.

Ok oh.. undecided

but what kinda luck do we have that these players got injured/unfit at the same fücking time?

rafael
evans
shaw

carrick
anderson
valencia

welbeck
van persie

these are first team players for feck's sake. if we buy players to replace all of them, what happens when they return back from injury?

i looked at all the top teams in the entire europe & we are the only ones with this injury curse.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
This Rojo chap didnt look much to me at the world cup but i've never seen him play CB at Sporting so I dont really know what to make of him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
coogar:

but what kinda luck do we have that these players got injured/unfit at the same fücking time.

rafael
evans
shaw

carrick
anderson
valencia

welbeck
van persie

these are first team players for feck's sake. if we buy players to replace all of them, what happens when they return back from injury?

i looked at all the top teams in the entire europe & we are the only ones with this injury curse.
Outside of that we simply need to freshen up the team with new blood. So some of those players need to be sold. Even the Madrid,City and Chelsea of this world and signing lots of players to breathe new life in to their squad. Thats what we badly need at the moment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
MrTA:
Outside of that we simply need to freshen up the team with new blood. So some of those players need to be sold. Even the Madrid,City and Chelsea of this world and signing lots of players to breathe new life in to their squad. Thats what we badly need at the moment.

if we had these 8 players fit on saturday, we would have destroyed swansea.

-----------de gea------------
----jones--smalling--evans----
-rafael--herrera--carrick--young
-------------mata--------------
-----rooney----van persie------

this is a far scarier team with loads of potency than the one we fielded. it's difficult to assess the squad with the kinda injuries we have. only vidal & blind should come in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
Both we dont, and we need more quality to prepare for injuries, and we need more pace in the team, especially in the attacking areas. If LvG has the squad he wants he would prefer to play 433. He's just playing this due to the limits of the squad now. He also said he played this with holland due to strootman missing through injury. So we need a squad geared towards attacking with 433.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
MrTA: Both we dont, and we need more quality to prepare for injuries, and we need more pace in the team, especially in the attacking areas. If LvG has the squad he wants he would prefer to play 433. He's just playing this due to the limits of the squad now. He also said he played this with holland due to strootman missing through injury. So we need a squad geared towards attacking with 433.

so do you sincerely believe di maria is an upgrade of what we have got at the moment? seriously?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
I believe so, not just him though. We need more than just Di Maria. We need his spark and pace he provides though. I'm one of Nani's biggest fans but he might have gone stale at the club and maybe needs a change of scenery to get back to his best.unless he can get a run in the starting 11 he wont get that at the club as you didnt put him in the starting 11 yourself.

We absolutely need a Vidal type, a Hummels type, di Maria and maybe Blind if we're serious about challenging the top teams otherwise we wont do better than 7th. Just look at the improvements the top teams have made.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
MrTA: I believe so, not just him though. We need more than just Di Maria. We need his spark and pace he provides though. I'm one of Nani's biggest fans but he might have gone stale at the club and maybe needs a change of scenery to get back to his best.unless he can get a run in the starting 11 he wont get that at the club as you didnt put him in the starting 11 yourself.

the only thing nani needs right now is a good run of games & plenty of love from van gaal. what he showed in the last 10 mins against swansea tells me we have a potent winger waiting to explode if used very well. di maria is a waste of time & money. i would rather we use that amount to get another world class central midfielder.

We absolutely need a Vidal type, a Hummels type, di Maria and maybe Blind if we're serious about challenging the top teams otherwise we wont do better than 7th. Just look at the improvements the top teams have made.

we need 2 world class centre-halves, one world class central midfielder. the spine of the team should be cast-iron. when the spine is flawed, the whole body is useless.

a spine of:
de gea-hummels-vidal-mata-van persie should be enough to get us a second place comfortably.

(1) (2) (3) ... (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.