Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,035 members, 7,953,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (952) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9154246 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) ... (14372) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
Antell95:
he'll replace RVP upfront, then Januzaj could play from the wing.

rooney is clueless anywhere upfront - i can count the number of times he touched the ball in the opposition box when we were pressing.

his captainship is weighing him down - he wants do everyone else's job. we are playing 2 strikers - the purpose is to engage the 2 centre-halves & give them no breathing space.

rooney kept dropping deep, staying wide at the centre of the pitch. we had no structure at all. the performance was piss-poor. 3-4-1-2 controls possession, we didn't do that at all & when we did, we failed to make it count.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
@Enoquin
I see you. confirmed fan cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
Every other top teams has conceded like us but got higher points. Means our attack is our problem. Same with midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
coogar: you are talking nonsense - arsenal led the league table from august till february. in terms of performance, that was their best season since invincibles.....they shoulda won it had eduardo not broken his ankle @ birmingham.

For the fact they failed to win it simply entail they lacked character and depth - issues they've gone ahead to address this season by making major signings.

Arsenal's team of 2007/08 paraded superb talents yet reeked of imbalance. A team that had Diaby and Eboue as its wingers for the most period of the season?

A team that couldn't perform when injuries starked up? Why them go win league?

coogar: there's no big evolution - every club was raised proportionately so nothing really has changed.

This says nothing.

If there was no big evolution, then explain why mediocres like Dunne, Onuoha, Ball, Corluka, Hamann, Bojinov, Ireland and even Mwaruwari who were all commanding first team shirt in 2007/08 aren't still at Citeh?

Spuds have got at their disposal a team that is worth over £100m today, how much do you think they were worth in 2007?

coogar: so you think chelsea won't drop points too all season? you might lose your next match at home. see what happened to city today....upon their so called strong start.

it seems you haven't really grasped how this league works. we shall see when chelsea's wheels come crashing. we have 10 injuries, chelsea have maybe 2 or even none.

And when did I claim that Chelsea would go unbeaten?

It's a long run and we would certainly drop points at some stages but that doesn't erase the fact that you lot have made an inauspicious start to the season, which if not well addressed will see you lot finish outside the UCL spot - it's ineluctable, history cant help your course.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
coogar:

rooney can't play there - he's too slow. rooney's future is in the midfield....he is so lethargic these days. inaccurate passes is now his hallmark. i can't remember the last time rooney took the ball past a marker with a dribble.
Not in our own midfield. A player that can't make a 5 yard pass or do a simple one-two touches. Not to mention his indiscipline.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Enoquin(f): 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
SailorXY: @Enoquin
I see you. confirmed fan cool
cheesy Dem don yab me for facebook tire. Today's game was annoying joor...I might understand trying to jell or understand LVG's new techniques but how do you explain indecisiveness, back passes and general lethargy as if there is no hunger to win?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
chrisley024: Not in our own midfield. A player that can't make a 5 yard pass or do a simple one-two touches. Not to mention his indiscipline.
Rooney had one effort off target, & that was late in the second half. last weekend there was nada positive as well. Mata's creativity was AWOL but that's not good enough from the captain of a ship struggling to sail against the waves.
with such performance, you can't even inspire a goat to eat grass undecided
he & RVP ain't working. since RVP has a greater movement & close control, Rooney should drop so we can play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.
Let's see how it serves, & if the results are better; so be it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
Enoquin: cheesy Dem don yab me for facebook tire. Today's game was annoying joor...I might understand trying to jell or understand LVG's new techniques but how do you explain indecisiveness, back passes and general lethargy as if there is no hunger to win?
lol
the lack of desire is what annoys fans the most. there's no commitment from the senior players at all. van Gaal need to be decisive & swing the axe already.
if I were in his shoes, I'll drop Mata, Fletcher & Rooney ASAP...
Young & Valencia were fumbling, but we could see they were trying @ least...
everybody tire for them, my sister
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 11:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
ElFenomeno1: Manchester United, 4 games 2 goals

Chelsea 3 minutes 2 goals

#JustSaying #StatsDontLie

someone told me giggs has more trophies than chelsea football club
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 11:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
BinghiNya:

Than the Entire Chelsea Club, Including their coach, assistant coach, owner, board of director, fans and the entire london as a whole.

Chelsea fans will not face their thread, they would be coming here trolling like its their business. Always going about searching for trouble where e no dey. Season never end, dem don dey make too much noise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
In a 4-3-3, RVP and Mata will be useless. I doubt if they have even played it all their lives. 4-3-3 is more counter attack oriented where you get lot of men behind the ball and run some yards down into the final 3rd. Di Maria, Rooney, Welbeck, Nani/Val will be most effective. Rooney needs to be told to drop deep (it looks like Giggs told him) in order to play facing the opposing defence. He plays backing the defence these days and his work rate is gone. It might even affect his fitness in the long run.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Olaone1: 11:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
undecided tongue tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:56am On Aug 31, 2014

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 6:19am On Aug 31, 2014
BinghiNya:

History.........

Living in the past...

A situation calling for urgent arrest or else your beloved club will land in football wilderness grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 6:45am On Aug 31, 2014
I still think LVG has a lot to answer in this one he is trying to force all the big names in at the same time, mata , di maria, rooney &rvp with only one midfielder, that is a big error from him.our play changed considerably when another midfielder (anderson) came in. In the next match I Don't expect to see these players in the starting line up whatever formatiin we play;
mata who has been the worst since the Beginning of the season (nothing creative from him) to be replaced by di maria.
Rvp or rooney, my take is Rvp even though many of us are still in denial, he is not the same again, zero contribution so far
I expect to see 2 proper midfielders and not make shift, even fletcher, anderson will do if the attackers can raise their game.
Finally i don't think we have the players to play 3 man defence, there are too much space for our opponent to operate, we have never been this bad. We have lost 7 points from the supposed easy games.
GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:23am On Aug 31, 2014
Has Mata been impressive in his "supposed" favoured position ?
A playmaker should be effective from whatever positon he plays in Silva plays wide for City,Fabregas is so good He makes plays from the Pivot position.
Hopefully Falcao leaves for Madrid and Monaco comes for RVP. Rooney was Equally horrible but he is the face of Utd he isn't going anywhere.
Maria created two clear chances I think this is a good sign.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:28am On Aug 31, 2014
The defence doesn't seem to be the prooblem to me.
Its that useless midfield.

I couldn't count the number of times yesterday jones/blackett were forced into making errors or just thumping the ball upfield when they were in possession with our midfielders Making themselves unavailable.

Fletcher is too immobile.
He allows himself to be marked out of the game too easily.
Di maria, isn't a midfielder and this is his 1sy game with us.

Even if one can't dribble his way through opponents, what's stopping him from going through that midfield through quick exchange of passes.

We need herrera back jare.
He's one midfielder that isn't afraid of the ball.
I've not seen much of blind, but there's no fvcking way he can be worse that fletcher.
The eediot can't tackle, can't run, can't pass, cannot even control the ball.

And yes, I do believe a 433 will make life a whole lot easier.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:38am On Aug 31, 2014
Young for all his stuuupidity, had a few moments that could have won us the game yesterday.

Valencia, despite his extreme lack of intelligence, looked to be our only source of hope in the dying moments of that game and as usual was solid defensively.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:46am On Aug 31, 2014
SailorXY:
I'm.not blaming him per say, but his game need refinements. that early needless free-kick he conceded before the second minute could have cost us the game

There is no way errors won't happen in football. Di Maria, Anderson, Young made errors in our box area yesterday that could have cost us. At the other end, Mata couldn't even kick a ball from 14 yards to score, instead he fell. Many of you close your eyes to poo of certain players and hold others to a higher standard. Even experience defenders like Terry, Pepe, Ramos, Komapany make similar mistakes. Jones was very good yesterday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:53am On Aug 31, 2014
SIRcumalot: Has Mata been impressive in his "supposed" favoured position ?
A playmaker should be effective from whatever positon he plays in Silva plays wide for City,Fabregas is so good He makes plays from the Pivot position.
Hopefully Falcao leaves for Madrid and Monaco comes for RVP. Rooney was Equally horrible but he is the face of Utd he isn't going anywhere.
Maria created two clear chances I think this is a good sign.

Last season, we were be told lies that our game was poor, and that everyone (midfeild, wingers and striker) was poor because of number 10 was poor. Fast forward nearly a year later, it's the reverse. They say our number is poor because our midfield and wingers aren't working. What they wouldn't allow me say last year.

I love life.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 8:04am On Aug 31, 2014
What more can i say? embarassed

Spiritual help is highly recommended! tongue grin

I don't want a repeat of Arsenal's 9 years drought be transferred to ___________ grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 8:23am On Aug 31, 2014
igbsam:

Than the Entire Chelsea Club, Including their coach, assistant coach, owner, board of director, fans and the entire london as a whole.

Chelsea fans will not face their thread, they would be coming here trolling like its their business. Always going about searching for trouble where e no dey. Season never end, dem don dey make too much noise.

Face the arsenal fans disturbing you.

I know how it feels. Take heart.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:55am On Aug 31, 2014
Man city 42 years without a trophy no one screamed

Liverpool 25 years no trophys no one cried

Chelsea 40 years no trophys no one
cared

Man utd one bad season and the world panics
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:08am On Aug 31, 2014
Reasons why I don't see this 3-5-2 working in EPL

1. Lack of width: Yes you may say we've the wingback but that's not enough cos he can easily be closed down since it's only him. We need width from both a wideman/winger and the fullback. A good example was yesterday when Valencia was closed down and he became useless. Evans being a CB couldn't move farther. This would have been different if he was with Rafael since his runs would have reduced the number of players closing him(Val) down thereby giving him more space.

There was a reason SAF played mostly 4-4-2 in EPL unlike in Europe.
You need speed(which is easier to get using width) and width in EPL. You can have all the possession and come out of the game with nothing. You can ask Arsenal.

2. The formation is a waste of a player in the defence as a CB when this player could be used in attack. This gives you only possession at the back and in midfield only but less penetration especially against a defensive side.

My opinion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:27am On Aug 31, 2014
elampiro:

There is no way errors won't happen in football. Di Maria, Anderson, Young made errors in our box area yesterday that could have cost us. At the other end, Mata couldn't even kick a ball from 14 yards to score, instead he fell. Many of you close your eyes to poo of certain players and hold others to a higher standard. Even experience defenders like Terry, Pepe, Ramos, Komapany make similar mistakes. Jones was very good yesterday.
you don wear the matter for head again like shower cap, as usual. The needless free-kick was not an error, it was senseless bravery. that made him accumulate spells on the sidelines last season, he should fine tune his game. nobody says he is not talented, I will even play him in midfield ahead Fletcher & co @ the moment.

as for Mata, I already recommended his drop alongside Rooney. captain or no, they both have been frauds so far...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:30am On Aug 31, 2014
How are Mata, Rooney and RVP even better than Kagawa, Welbeck and Chicha?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:53am On Aug 31, 2014
"He’ll come to Manchester to have a medical, and then we
might will have a new player."
- van Gaal

& by the gods, that new player will be from Juventus... or AC Milan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:05am On Aug 31, 2014
SailorXY:
& by the gods, that new player will be from Juventus... or AC Milan
From you or LvG?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vickertony(m): 10:09am On Aug 31, 2014
rooney has changed wishin the best tho
#celebratewaynerooney10thyearinmanchesterunited grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:29am On Aug 31, 2014
Hmmmmm am even surprised.... Ed Woodward signing players for us like cray ... Jah Be Praised .... We getting another signing before the window goes off .... 5 players already ... Sixth on the way ...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:29am On Aug 31, 2014
chrisley024: From you or LvG?
LVG ... Saw it too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 10:47am On Aug 31, 2014
Saw this somewhere:

United under SAF were like that old factory engine, held together by makeshift pipes and wiring, of which only that one old engineer knows how to run it. Once that old engineer retires no one else knows how to get the thing running.

Moyes tried with more makeshift wiring and piping. He failed. Van Gaal has decided to build a new engine all together.

(1) (2) (3) ... (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) ... (14372) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CrystalTiger(m), Nezzjnr and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.