Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (953) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8734644 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by teemoe(m): 11:12am On Aug 31, 2014
Please guys... Why can't we start this team using the 4231 formation.....

We will be so so deadly with this line up..... Mobile midfield..... Lively wings...... Quality attack

Please someone tell me.. What's wrong with this?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 11:17am On Aug 31, 2014
elampiro: [b]In a 4-3-3, RVP and Mata will be useless. I doubt if they have even played it all their lives. [/b]4-3-3 is more counter attack oriented where you get lot of men behind the ball and run some yards down into the final 3rd. Di Maria, Rooney, Welbeck, Nani/Val will be most effective. Rooney needs to be told to drop deep (it looks like Giggs told him) in order to play facing the opposing defence. He plays backing the defence these days and his work rate is gone. It might even affect his fitness in the long run.

What formation did RVP play in at Arsenal? You just like to talk nonsense like it's your middle name. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:20am On Aug 31, 2014
debosky:

What formation did RVP play in at Arsenal? You just like to talk nonsense like it's your middle name. undecided

RVP was the arrow man in a lone striking formation. Go check it out on whoscored.com
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 11:23am On Aug 31, 2014
elampiro:
RVP was the arrow man in a lone striking formation. Go check it out on whoscored.com

Arsenal played a 4-3-3 with RVP playing centrally. I don't need whoscored.com to tell me what Arsenal's formation was.

This is what Arsene himself said -

“He has done well up front since we have switched to more of a 4-3-3, but I must say that I don’t play this system just to suit Robin, because I’m sure that Robin would be just as suited – if not even more so – as a second striker.

Stop swallowing whoscored.com info hook, line and sinker without using your brain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:26am On Aug 31, 2014
SailorXY:
you don wear the matter for head again like shower cap, as usual. The needless free-kick was not an error, it was senseless bravery. that made him accumulate spells on the sidelines last season, he should fine tune his game. nobody says he is not talented, I will even play him in midfield ahead Fletcher & co @ the moment.

as for Mata, I already recommended his drop alongside Rooney. captain or no, they both have been frauds so far...

There are mistakes that can be over looked because of the age of the player. It is left for the coach to gradually bring him to his best. Pepe at 27 was still playing that way. I heard Mourinho had to make Pepe play against ladies in training. These things are systematically done, because if you try to stop such players from playing too clean, you might take their unique character out of them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:35am On Aug 31, 2014
chrisley024: How are Mata, Rooney and RVP even better than Kagawa, Welbeck and Chicha?

No go there o.

You want us to collect 4-0 from a 3rd div side+ total poo play?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:38am On Aug 31, 2014
teemoe: Please guys... Why can't we start this team using the 4231 formation.....

We will be so so deadly with this line up..... Mobile midfield..... Lively wings...... Quality attack

Please someone tell me.. What's wrong with this?
nothing really

replace Rooney with RvP, Mata with Herrera, Herrera with Vidal

and It's perfect!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:40am On Aug 31, 2014
debosky:

Arsenal played a 4-3-3 with RVP playing centrally. I don't need whoscored.com to tell me what Arsenal's formation was.

“He has done well up front since we have switched to more of a 4-3-3, but I must say that I don’t play this system just to suit Robin, because I’m sure that Robin would be just as suited – if not even more so – as a second striker.

Stop swallowing whoscored.com info hook, line and sinker without using your brain.

You failed to understand the interview. Arsenal plays 4-2-3-1.mostly, it doesn't mean there are no occasional switches in formation. Moreover, there's nothing like a second striker in a 4-3-3 formation.

Another thing, Gaal might say we play 3-5-2 whereas it's 3-4-1-2 when broken down. Some even call it 3-4-3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:53am On Aug 31, 2014
Unnecessary aguements won't change a thing ..... Rather giving flimsy and worthless posts
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Debosky, is this what you call 4-3-3? Where you have Rosicky or Ramsey in the whole? RVP in the box as the arrow head? In a 4-3-3 you have a false 9 because he has to be involved in the build up. Wenger counted the player in the hole as a midfielder, hence 3 midfielders in the interview.

Wenger:
“So at the end of the day we have top quality players who are wingers, and once you play two of those, it’s difficult to add another striker up front with Robin as well.”

-Wenger on why they don't play 4-4-2.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
By deadline day, 6 players are supposedly coming in, 10 are heading out the door. (Sky Sports)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
elampiro:

No go there o.

You want us to collect 4-0 from a 3rd div side+ total poo play?
You blame your defence. Evans even made assists.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
debosky:

debosky, you no go church? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
chrisley024: You blame your defence. Evans even made assists.

There was no quality in the attack. They were so confused.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
30/08/2014 16:00, Report by Ryan Grant

Van Gaal discusses van Persie and Blind

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal insists Robin van Persie must be eased back into first-team action following the World Cup.

Van Persie made his return to the United side last week following an extended break for his exertions in Brazil, and played an hour of the Reds' 1-1 draw with Sunderland.

The striker lasted 73 minutes against Burnley on Saturday before being replaced by Danny Welbeck, and van Gaal believes his reintroduction should be a gradual process.

"He played 60 minutes in his first game back and 70 minutes today, so I think it’s a case of building up his game time," he said. 

"It's frustrating, but it’s part of the world of football, because of the World Cup. It’s a pity, but we have to do it because otherwise he wouldn’t be fit for the season."

Van Gaal guided the Netherlands to third place at the tournament earlier this summer and also commented on Dutchman Daley Blind's imminent transfer to Old Trafford. 

"He’ll come to Manchester to have a medical, and then we might have a new player," the boss said, adding: "I think it’s very smart of the manager [to have three left-sided defenders]."
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Aug/Louis-van-Gaal-discusses-Robin-van-Persie-and-Daley-Blind.aspx?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

..... Three left backs Ukwu!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
elampiro: By deadline day, 6 players are supposedly coming in, 10 are heading out the door. (Sky Sports)
Isn't that too much changes. This rebuilding then will take more time than expected. sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 12:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
elampiro:

You failed to understand the interview. Arsenal plays 4-2-3-1.mostly, it doesn't mean there are no occasional switches in formation. Moreover, there's nothing like a second striker in a 4-3-3 formation.

If Arsene says he has switched to a 4-3-3 what formation are they playing other than 4-3-3? undecided Did Wenger say he played 4-3-2-1 or is that something you just pulled out of your behind? undecided

This is not an occasional switch - this is the switch that allowed RVP to score more goals for Arsenal over an 18 month period. Or is playing the same formation for 18 months now 'occasional'? undecided

[img]http://gunnerarchitect.files./2011/12/arsenal-4-3-3.jpg[/img]

elampiro: Debosky, is this what you call 4-3-3? Where you have Rosicky or Ramsey in the whole? RVP in the box as the arrow head? In a 4-3-3 you have a false 9 because he has to be involved in the build up. Wenger counted the player in the hole as a midfielder, hence 3 midfielders in the interview.
Wenger:
“So at the end of the day we have top quality players who are wingers, and once you play two of those, it’s difficult to add another striker up front with Robin as well.”
-Wenger on why they don't play 4-4-2.

What nonsense are you babbling? Wenger was simply saying when he played Walcott/Arshavin/Gervinho, he had to play 4-3-3 with RVP in the middle beside two wingers = what rubbish are you going on about Rozzi in the hole?

Whether occasional or regularly for 18 months, your statement that RVP has never played 4-3-3 is both idiotic and thoroughly dim-witted.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
debosky:

If Arsene says he has switched to a 4-3-3 what formation are they playing other than 4-3-3? undecided Did Wenger say he played 4-3-2-1 or is that something you just pulled out of your behind? undecided

This is not an occasional switch - this is the switch that allowed RVP to score more goals for Arsenal over an 18 month period. Or is playing the same formation for 18 months now 'occasional'? undecided

What nonsense are you babbling? Wenger was simply saying when he played Walcott/Arshavin/Gervinho, he had to play 4-3-3 with RVP in the middle beside two wingers = what rubbish are you going on about Rozzi in the hole?

Whether occasional or regularly for 18 months, your statement that RVP has never played 4-3-3 is both idiotic and thoroughly dim-witted.

especially when that's the formation holland has been playing him until the last world cup. strootman's absence made van gaal change his mind to 3-5-2. van persie has always thrived in a 4-3-3 system.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
coogar:

debosky, you no go church? grin

I'm a 7th Day Adventist. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
debosky:

Rubbish! Nonsense!

One of your three midfielders operated behind the striker and between the wingers. I am sure this was why you guys bought Ozil as the natural player to operate there after you lost Nasri, instead of covering.

If Gaal says United plays 3-5-2, are we to just swallow it even though we know Mata is playing in front of the midfield?

* In 2012/13 RVP also played between two wingers in United, but in front of Rooney or Giggs or Kagawa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
Debosky,

Your formation is no even 4-3-3, it's 4-1-2-3 or 4-1-2-2-1.

Song is alone.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
elampiro: Debosky,

Your formation is no even 4-3-3, it's 4-1-2-3 or 4-1-2-2-1.

Song is alone.

that's 4-3-3.......
4 defenders, 3 midfielders, 3 forwards.

van gaal plays 3-4-1-2. it's up to you to add 1 to 4 to get 5 but mata's role is to operate in the hole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
coogar:

that's 4-3-3.......
4 defenders, 3 midfielders, 3 forwards.

van gaal plays 3-4-1-2. it's up to you to add 1 to 4 to get 5 but mata's role is to operate in the hole.

What did whoscored say? What did ZM say? This chart debosky presented is from where?

Everyone knows Arsenal don't play 4-3-3. In a 4-3-3, One midfielder would be far upfield close to the final 3rd as an AM. The striker would we deeper and not a box striker like Chicha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 1:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
elampiro:
Rubbish! Nonsense!

One of your three midfielders operated behind the striker and between the wingers. I am sure this was why you guys bought Ozil as the natural player to operate there after you lost Nasri.
If Gaal says United plays 3-5-2, are we to just swallow it even though we know Mata is playing in front of the midfield?

Wenger says Arsenal changed their formation to 4-3-3 due to the players we had which brought the best out of Van Persie but Elampiro says it's not 4-3-3. Who do you believe? Amodu's sidekick or Arsene? cheesy

Arsenal played 4-3-3 with RVP. If you can't understand that then your problems are worse than I thought.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
coogar:

Same way it's up to user to deduce that Rosicky or Ramsey played as an AM. That's no longer 4-3-3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
elampiro:
What did whoscored say? What did ZM say? This chart debosky presented is from where?

Everyone knows Arsenal don't play 4-3-3. In a 4-3-3, One midfielder would be far upfield close to the final 3rd as an AM. The striker would we deeper and not a box striker like Chicha.

elampiro, don't rewrite football tactics. there's 4-3-3 in variants. the 3 in the midfield can have 2 as a pivot and one at the tip. sometimes the 3 in the midfield can have one in the pivot & 2 in front of him(barcelona, the arsenal formation debosky posted)......even sometimes the 3 in the midfield can line up horizontally flat!

your assertion that van persie cannot thrive in 4-3-3 is flawed. that's what his country plays & he was the highest goal scorer in the WCQ with 11 goals. he shouldn't be scoring that many goals if he's useless in a 4-3-3 formation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
debosky:

Wenger says Arsenal changed their formation to 4-3-3 due to the players we had which brought the best out of Van Persie but Elampiro says it's not 4-3-3. Who do you believe? Amodu's sidekick or Arsene? cheesy

Arsenal played 4-3-3 with RVP. If you can't understand that then your problems are worse than I thought.

Coaches don't pay attention to details in terms of formation. That's why a coach who plays 3-4-1-2 will tell you he plays 3-5-2 or 4-4-3. One who plays 4-2-3-1 will tell you he plays 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-3. One who plays 4-4-2 might call it 4-2-4.

The question about 4-3-3, is there one operating as an Attacking Midfielder? If yes, then it's no 3 man midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
coogar:

elampiro, don't rewrite football tactics. there's 4-3-3 in variants. the 3 in the midfield can have 2 as a pivot and one at the tip. sometimes the 3 in the midfield can have one in the pivot & 2 in front of him(barcelona, the arsenal formation debosky posted)......even sometimes the 3 in the midfield can line up horizontally flat!

your assertion that van persie cannot thrive in 4-3-3 is flawed. that's what his country plays & he was the highest goal scorer in the WCQ with 11 goals. he shouldn't be scoring that many goals if he's useless in a 4-3-3 formation.

* Simple question? What does whoscored say?

* Forget about country. That one Arjen Robben will be three man and RVP will score 3 goals against Kosovo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
elampiro:
Coaches don't pay attention to details in terms of formation. That's why a coach who plays 3-4-1-2 will tell you he plays 3-5-2 or 4-4-3. One who plays 4-2-3-1 will tell you he plays 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-3. One who plays 4-4-2 might call it 4-2-4.

this is why people think you are the opata king. coaches don't pay attention to details? why are they coaches then?

The question about 4-3-3, is there one operating as an Attacking Midfielder? If yes, then it's no 3 man midfield.

elampiro, what formation did holland play in WC2010 & Euro2012?

elampiro:
* Simple question? What does whoscored say?
* Forget about country. That one Arjen Robben will be three man and RVP will score 3 goals against Kosovo.

so if van gaal played 4-3-3 during the qualifiers & made RVP top the scorer's chart with 11 goals - why will the same van gaal fail with RVP at man utd if he were to use the same formation?

he's already said di maria can be his robben.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by teemoe(m): 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
SailorXY:
nothing really

replace Rooney with RvP, Mata with Herrera, Herrera with Vidal

and It's perfect!

Doesn't look like we are getting vidal so we might have to live with blind, herrera and Carrick switching in the centre of midfield if we use this formation

This is the formation spurs is using and they are playing eye catching football

Vanpersie and Rooney should keep rotating the single strike position... It'll even help keep them fit and on their toes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
coogar:

this is why people think you are the opata king. coaches don't pay attention to details? why are they coaches then?

elampiro, what formation did holland play in WC2010 & Euro2012?

* Yes in formation, coaches don't pay attention to these numbers. Gaal counts Mata as one of our 5 midfielders in a 3-5-2. Is Mata not in the hole or an AM?

* World cup 2010 and Euro 2012 how many goals did RVP score?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
8m Euros deal agreed for Kagawa..... shocked shocked shocked

Absolute bargain for Dortmund.

It is either MUFC are piss poor at transfers or Dortmund are buying a Kagawa with one leg and half a scrotum! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.