Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8793462 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9556) (9557) (9558) (9559) (9560) (9561) (9562) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2021
elrony:
I no like British players, especially when the tabloids don dey hype them.

Most of them no good.
Uhm it's not like they're not good o. They just have poor tactical coaches to groom them. All they get to learn is run, run and run.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 6:23pm On Feb 08, 2021
elrony:

That's why I believe Woodward was drunk when he approved for the deal to be made.

The current Woody would pay only 25m.

Please how did that guy become captain tho, they voted?

Pastor Rony, this your queshion eh. I have asked my united buddies.. Leicester would've never considered him for captain even if he'd won the ballon d'or. So how did we? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2021
elrony:

More of McFred you meant? cheesy
McFred has been ok but surely they can't be playing every game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
Is it now down to number of winning runs that ends with nothing? Ole should win trophies abeg...

So, it's not about stringing winning runs again? You're starting to shift tables. And you're also starting to sound like Raumdeutter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:

So, it's not about stringing winning runs again? You're starting to shift tables. And you're also starting to sound like Raumdeutter.
As long as Ole is concerned, the big question is; To what end?

We win 8 games, loss 2 and draw 3 and go on another run...A repetitive sequence...In that time, another lcub with win 10, draw 2 and continue their winning streak...You guys will attack those who think we need to do better as we have another club churning out an even more impressive Stat...

We will never win if we don't push to be the best of the lot...Ole can't keep cleaning up Mou's mess or steadying the ship. At some point he might need to point to something more tangible in order to keep his job...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 7:04pm On Feb 08, 2021
eph12:

Lol calm down. That Southampton match did wonders to these stats. And then, that Tottenham match made our defense stats look worse than it should be. In summary, just about 3 matches out of 22 or so are responsible for our poor defensive stats when compared to others
This is very false and probably agenda driven.

If we didn’t score 9 against Southampton but rather scored 3 or 4, we would still be joint highest goal scorers along with Liverpool and even if we didn’t concede 6 vs Tottenham, we’d still be one of the teams with the most conceded goals in the top ten.

Southampton and Tottenham did not do any wonders. Without those results, the stats would still be quite similar.

I know you are trying to downplay Ole’s work, but at least you should have confirmed the stats before making your claim.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2021
eph12:

Uhm it's not like they're not good o. They just have poor tactical coaches to groom them. All they get to learn is run, run and run.

"Run, run and run".. grin grin grin

Abeg bele dey pain me cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
McFred has been ok but surely they can't be playing every game.

Well, whoever replaces Pogba should put in a decent shift.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2021
Smellymouth:

Pastor Rony, this your queshion eh. I have asked my united buddies.. Leicester would've never considered him for captain even if he'd won the ballon d'or. So how did we? cheesy

I thought he was their captain sef since Morgan started chopping bench grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:23pm On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:

We should be taking advantage of this situation at the moment, applying pressure where necessary to quickly strike a good deal.

I’m sure Ed will wait till the last day in the next TW to offer any tangible deal to the player and club. And then we’ll blame the coach.

Can we secure those deals sef?
recruitment has improved lately, let's hope it continues.
I believe we'd be back in for Upamecano at the very least.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
Ok Paul Pogba out for 3 weeks.

We'll see more VDB hopefully.

You know Donny is going to be on the bench still. sad

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2021
dammywapes:
Our squad is not far from city’s squad all we need is a coach that has a plan. That Everton game city will have kill off the match with one of the two chances rash had but some folks here says 3 goals is okay to win the match. City game yesterday was a typical example city gave liverpool no hope of leveling up by scoring more. When city scored the first goal i told someone beside me guardiola team will score another cos that’s his plan he loves scoring. If it was my darling utd leading by 2 goals ahead Ole will decide not to score anymore n pack the bus.

Stop yarning dust bro.

With city, they won't even conceed those stupid goals and the game would have been won easily. Like most people here said, We lost the game due to atrocious defending.

What is the guarantee that if Rashford had scored, and made it 4 or 5 goals, that Maguire and his gang at the back won't give the goal back to Everton with their shitty defending.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2021
Smellymouth:

Because OGS has no sense. Simple!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2021
Should we give Ole credit for our attack and blame the defenders for our poor defense?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2021
elrony:

I thought he was their captain sef since Morgan started chopping bench grin grin grin

Kasper schmeichel took over after Wes Morgan took a seatbelt on the bench . cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 7:28pm On Feb 08, 2021
Karleb:

Because OGS has no sense. Simple!

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 7:28pm On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
Should we give Ole credit for our attack and blame the defenders for our poor defense?

cheesy

Good question!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:30pm On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:

cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 7:30pm On Feb 08, 2021
timay:

Stop yarning dust bro.

With city, they won't even conceed those stupid goals and the game would have been won easily. Like most people here said, We lost the game due to atrocious defending.

What is the guarantee that if Rashford had scored, and made it 4 or 5 goals, that Maguire and his gang at the back won't give the goal back to Everton with their shitty defending.

Thank you o.

Even the Man City we keep hyping, how many times have they won by 3 goals margin?

They done a couple of 2 and 1 goal margin win. Even against Southampton, if not for VAR the score could have been 9 - 1.

At 2 - 0 down, that game was done and dusted but Maguire and Co chose a special day to display their foolishness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:

Should we blame OGS for our defense and praise our attackers for our attack? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

cheesy

Good question!
If we must blane the defense, it simply means Ole has wasted 130m worth of investment because he supervised the purchase of Maguire and AWB...

I think we have a problem as a collective unit even though our defenders have made comical errors...

My man eph12 will always fault the collective while I think our defenders haven't covered themselves in glory especially our CBs...For instance, that last goal by Everton is comical as I don't get if we were playing a high line or defending deep and that's something we are supposed to have ironed out in training in any case of a last minute set piece...

The coaching crew should do well to improve our collective team play (especially pressing) and our defensive coordination...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
Karleb:

Should we blame OGS for our defense and praise our attackers for our attack? undecided
As long as the defense keep fumbling, I'm sorry I won't praise him because it's of no use to score 100 foals and concede 80 goals...

I acknowledge we have improved our attacking play but for Ole to get the praise he deserves, the defense has to shutout the opposition that way, our goals will count for something...

Do you get praised for blasting the mid term test and failing your terminal exams? That's the situation with Ole...If he gets us defending solidly then I'll be here to praise him...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:42pm On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:
If we could get both it won't be bad. We could add Alaba on a free transfer. Upamecano and Alaba instead of those 2 we are currently using would be a major improvement.
I'm not too keen on Alaba though. strikes me like someone who's angle for massive wages and relax.
maybe Shaw finally converts to a center back lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2021
Shoretire has signed his first professional contract. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
As long as the defense keep fumbling, I'm sorry I won't praise him because it's of no use to score 100 foals and concede 80 goals...

I acknowledge we have improved our attacking play but for Ole to get the praise he deserves, the defense has to shutout the opposition that way, our goals will count for something...

Do you get praised for blasting the mid term test and failing your terminal exams? That's the situation with Ole...If he gets us defending solidly then I'll be here to praise him...

It's okay to blame OGS for our defense. Infact, if you curse him for that there's no problem at least from my side.

But saying you won't praise him for setting up one of the sharpest attack in the league then I'd say you no dey try at all!

Midterm test and exam analogy doesn't do justice to the situation we are.

If can't praise Ole for this attack then you shouldn't blame him for the defense and vice versa.

Besides, I'm guessing guys like Maguire and DDG has a contract clause that state they must play if they are fit.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
Shola with first Team.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:

Ole should be credited for moving the team forward but it's criminal that he's spent 200 milli on a defense this poor. Continously backing DDG regardless of how many mistakes he makes & paying a world record fee for Harry fridge are all his decisions..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Uniquisite: 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2021
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
Karleb:

It's okay to blame OGS for our defense. Infact, if you curse him for that there's no problem at least from my side.

But saying you won't praise him for setting up one of the sharpest attack in the league then I'd say you no dey try at all!

Midterm test and exam analogy doesn't do justice to the situation we are.

If can't praise Ole for this attack then you shouldn't blame him for the defense and vice versa.

Besides, I'm guessing guys like Maguire and DDG has a contract clause that state they must play if they are fit.
The functionality of each unit = the means to an end...Truth be told, he will be judged by how we end up and not how well on of the units that make up the team fares...

I stumbled on my reaction to the appointment of Ole, you won't believe what I typed here...I would love for him to succeed but then, it won't stop me from demanding we do better...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
Smellymouth:

Ole should be credited for moving the team forward but it's criminal that he's spent 200 milli on a defense this poor. Continously backing DDG regardless of how many mistakes he makes & paying a world record fee for Harry fridge are all his decisions..

At the end of the season we will judge if Ole has moved the team forward or not...

Ole replaced Mou and by forward in this case, he is expected to out do Mou in league position and maybe trophies if I want to be fair to Mou fans...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2021
Smellymouth:

This is exactly how a criticism should be.

OGS needs to step on some players toes without giving a fuucckk, else they'll cost him his job.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2021
SyIvalord:
This is very false and probably agenda driven.

If we didn’t score 9 against Southampton but rather scored 3 or 4, we would still be joint highest goal scorers along with Liverpool and even if we didn’t concede 6 vs Tottenham, we’d still be one of the teams with the most conceded goals in the top ten.

Southampton and Tottenham did not do any wonders. Without those results, the stats would still be quite similar.

I know you are trying to downplay Ole’s work, but at least you should have confirmed the stats before making your claim.
Lol why 3 or 4? Try 0 against Southampton

Remove 6 goals from our GA, in that top 10, no team who has played same amount of matches has a better GA record. In fact, most likely only City is doing better.

I don't understand this proganda thing you're saying. Is Ole not the one in charge of our defense too? My saying our defense isn't that bad, is it to slight Ole?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9556) (9557) (9558) (9559) (9560) (9561) (9562) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.