Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna (2555 Views)

US Releases Gory Report On Nigeria / Bomb Explosion Rocks Enugu Polling Unit / Bomb Explosion At Bus Station In Damaturu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by tonte23(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2012
An explosive device, suspected to have been among many planted by Nigeria’s terrorist group, Boko Haram in Northern parts of the country, has killed a bomb disposal officer while attempting to defuse it, huhuonline.com has learnt

The device, according to a police source, was wrapped in a carrier bag and hidden behind an electricity pole in the residential area of Ungwar Sarki in the northern city of Kaduna.

The source revealed that although no one has claimed responsibility for planting the devices, “the Boko Haram sect may have planted them and planning to detonate them at a target time before the police discovered it”.

Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by tonte23(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2012
another pic

Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by egift(m): 1:33pm On Feb 15, 2012
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by energylink: 1:37pm On Feb 15, 2012
egift:

I LOVE YOUR ENQUIRY WITH ALL MY HEART. WE STILL HAVE A LONG WAY.
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by jamace(m): 1:48pm On Feb 15, 2012
^^Do you think the dress can protect from a blast? Maybe to have your parts intact for instant burial. grin grin
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by mdfash(m): 2:02pm On Feb 15, 2012
This man, working with little equipments and no protective gear of any kind, gave his life to keep the Motherland safe. The entire country should be grateful to this man who selflessly gave his own life so that others might not suffer harm.

This man deserves the highest honor the country can bestow. In a civilized society, this man's identity should have been revealed by now, and his picture (the good one showing him alive and well) splashed all over the place to celebrate his heroism, and as examples on how to serve the Motherland selflessly.

I hope that the Government will take care of his dependents without delay with very sizable award. This man is not a mangled piece of flesh. LYING IN THAT HEAP IS MY HERO, A WORTHY NIGERIAN, A TRUE SON OF AFRICA!

Emmanuel O. Fashakin, M.D., Esq.
Attorney at Law and Medical Director,
Abbydek Family Medical Practice, P.C.
79-35 153rd St., Flushing, NY 11367
web address: www.abbydek.com
alternative email: mdfash2@gmail.com
Cell phones: 347-217-6175; 267-907-3127.
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by homerac7: 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2012
@ Jamace,

Oga, its called a ballistic gear. It's part of ur PPE as bomb disposal personnel. PPEs are no guarantee that you won't be harmed, but minimizes the harm that could occur to you and improves your chance of safety. It's like a soldiers going into action without body armour, kevlar vest, ballistic helmet, and other protective gears. He's more vulnerable than another that has his, but not guarantee of immortality.

Hope NPF will learn to stop sending men to death by providing them wt PPEs.
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by egift(m): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2012
jamace:

^^Do you think the dress can protect from a blast? Maybe to have your parts intact for instant burial. grin grin

Have a look at this. Even if he rest on the bomb. The highest can happen is injury.

Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by Bawss1(m): 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2012
mdfash:

This man, working with little equipments and no protective gear of any kind, gave his life to keep the Motherland safe. The entire country should be grateful to this man who selflessly gave his own life so that others might not suffer harm.

This man deserves the highest honor the country can bestow. In a civilized society, this man's identity should have been revealed by now, and his picture (the good one showing him alive and well) splashed all over the place to celebrate his heroism, and as examples on how to serve the Motherland selflessly.

I hope that the Government will take care of his dependents without delay with very sizable award. This man is not a mangled piece of flesh. LYING IN THAT HEAP IS MY HERO, A WORTHY NIGERIAN, A TRUE SON OF AFRICA!

Emmanuel O. Fashakin, M.D., Esq.
Attorney at Law and Medical Director,
Abbydek Family Medical Practice, P.C.
79-35 153rd St., Flushing, NY 11367
web address: www.abbydek.com
alternative email: mdfash2@gmail.com
Cell phones: 347-217-6175; 267-907-3127.

Are you serious?

The police officer approached what was a suspected bomb with the highest form of carelessness and nonchalance costing him his life and now you want him to be honored? There was absolutely nothing heroic about his feat indeed it was steeped in stupidity. Thankfully his death was instantaneous and he probably didn't know what killed him. It only calls to question the kind of training the members of the police bomb squad are given. In all it is a big disgrace to the Nigeria Police Force, nothing deserving of eulogies.

1 Like

Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by jamace(m): 3:14pm On Feb 15, 2012
Have a look at this. Even if he rest on the bomb. The highest can happen is injury.
The above only shows a bomb disposal expert standing some distance from the point of impact. He can not be harmed from the blast and shockwave of the explosion. Of course, any body at that distance will be safe  with or without PPE. You can't compare man up there with the one in Kaduna who was inspecting the material at very close proximity, in fact handling the material when it took off. Even the Bankok bomb expert with all his PPE will not survive a direct impact of explosion (blast and shockwave).

Above is not to undermine the use of  right equipment and PPE by professionals. I only want to say that it was just unfortunate that  the Kaduna police had a direct impact of the explosion.

May his soul rest in  peace.
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by jamace(m): 3:17pm On Feb 15, 2012
Are you serious?

The police officer approached what was a suspected bomb with the highest form of carelessness and nonchalance costing him his life and now you want him to be honored? There was absolutely nothing heroic about his feat indeed it was steeped in stupidity. Thankfully his death was instantaneous and he probably didn't know what killed him. It only calls to question the kind of training the members of the police bomb squad are given. In all it is a big disgrace to the Nigeria Police Force, nothing deserving of eulogies.
Are you kidding me? Please, what is the right way to approach a suspected bomb material?
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by EMANY01(m): 4:09pm On Feb 15, 2012
^^^^^^^
By being wise not STUPID .I refuse to belive that with all the experience of the last couple of years the Nigeria Police (with all the cooperation we have been getting  from other nations vastly experienced in such issues) does not have the MINIMUM recomended bomb disposal unit ORder of BATtle(ORBAT)  as well as standard PROTOCOL (operational guidelines).He should have stayed clear until he was properly kitted.What he did was the eqvivalent of walking into a known bobbytrapped room seeing a string running to a pump action rifle positioned pointing your way and jerking the string to see what the gun will do or worse yet playing russian roulette with a revolver loaded with at least 3 slugs.
IF that is how to serve the motherland then that motherland does not deserve to exist.
That man was no hero, his death while sad was POINTLESS ,NEEDLESS AND WASTEFULL. There is a TIME and CIRCUMSTANCE to die for ones country, this is not by a long shot ANY of Either.
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by Gbawe: 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2012
jamace:

Are you kidding me? Please, what is the right way to approach a suspected bomb material?

Dude, and with all due respect, you are the one "kidding" the forum. If the bag is suspected to contain a bomb, cordon off the area and send in one of these bomb detonation robots below because it should now be standard operational procedure in a nation currently being destroyed by terrorism and ostensibly channelling funds towards fighting terror to include allocating a vast portion of its latest budget to security. This is why I think Nigeria is f.cked. The authories are a joke and so also ordinary Nigerians with how we are all collectively failing to raise our game, ingenuity and innovation in the face of adversity.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkAyHNC0y8JSMxkkzce0s6nffK-wu5gwWnTIDf9yIGZ-VZ7X67iA[/img]
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by oderemo(m): 4:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
i tot the government voted up close to 900 bill for security in the last budget.
this we were made to understand will include training and development of our security personnel. i watched the video and without prior warning i wld have tot i was watching nollywood the way the crowd was clapping and cheering.
nothing courageous in his action in my view,total lack of training in my opinion.
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by jamace(m): 4:37pm On Feb 15, 2012
^^^^^^^
By being wise not silly .I refuse to belive that with all the experience of the last couple of years the Nigeria Police (with all the cooperation we have been getting  from other nations vastly experienced in such issues) does not have the MINIMUM recomended bomb disposal unit ORder of BATtle(ORBAT)  as well as standard PROTOCOL (operational guidelines).He should have stayed clear until he was properly kitted.What he did was the eqvivalent of walking into a known bobbytrapped room seeing a string running to a pump action rifle positioned pointing your way and jerking the string to see what the gun will do or worse yet playing russian roulette with a revolver loaded with at least 3 slugs.
IF that is how to serve the motherland then that motherland does not deserve to exist.
That man was no hero, his death while sad was POINTLESS ,NEEDLESS AND WASTEFULL. There is a TIME and CIRCUMSTANCE to die for ones country, this is not by a long shot ANY of Either.
Hmmnn. Man, you speak as if you are not a Nigerian or doesn't know how our so-call leaders treat us. By saying that the policeman was silly and shouldn't have gone near the suspected bomb object without the right equipment, you are invariably  saying that all security personnel should go back to their fathers houses because no security outfit in Nigeria has the minimum equipment. Forget ORBAT and Operational guidelines; in Nigerian context, those are mere  poems recited to exite the spirit of the men.
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by Gbawe: 4:38pm On Feb 15, 2012
EMANY 01:

Indeed. Totally pointless and needless death. Are we now not fully immersed in a campaign of continous bombing and terrorism? Why does this officers action not reflect that we have a common policy approach, even basically close to the minimum accepted worldwide, for a Nation under terrorist siege?

Why should a Police officer, even with the right bomb deactivation training, approach a suspected bomb with no protective clothing and equipment whatsoever? Is this not a situation that automatically requires sending in a bomb detonation robot? It is not Rocket Science but this is the result, year in year out, of how we shun merit to recruit mediocrities into the most influential positions in the land. RIP to the officer but his death was more an indictment of how f.cked up Nigeria is than anything else.
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by jamace(m): 4:45pm On Feb 15, 2012
Indeed. Totally pointless and needless death. Are we now not fully immersed in a campaign of continous bombing and terrorism? Why does this officers action not reflect that we have a common policy approach, even basically close to the minimum accepted worldwide, for a Nation under terrorist siege?

Why should a Police officer, even with the right bomb deactivation training, approach a suspected bomb with no protective clothing and equipment whatsoever? Is this not a situation that automatically requires sending in a bomb detonation robot? It is not Rocket Science but this is the result, year in year out, of how we shun merit to recruit mediocrities into the most influential positions in the land. RIP to the officer but his death was more an indictment of how f.cked up Nigeria is than anything else.
Blame the country not the policeman. Our leaders are shameless that is why most of them die in hospitals abroad.
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by karlmax2: 4:47pm On Feb 15, 2012
Soldiers prevent another bomb explosion in Maiduguri
WEDNESDAY, 15 FEBRUARY 2012 11:19 AGENCY REPORTS

Nigerian soidiers
Soldiers found and safely detonated a car bomb in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital on Wednesday.

Military spokesman, Col. Victor Ebhaleme told journalists that soldiers discovered the car in the morning in the city known to be the base of the militant islamic sect, Boko Haram.

Boko Haram is blamed for killing at least 286 people in a coordinated attack in Kano, last year. 
On Tuesday, a police anti-bomb squad member died in Kaduna after an explosive detonated inside a plastic bag he was examining.
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by Bawss1(m): 4:53pm On Feb 15, 2012
jamace:

Blame the country not the policeman. Our leaders are shameless that is why most of them die in hospitals abroad.
The policeman and his actions will be shown to bomb denotation squads all over the world as what not to do when approaching a bomb. While we all agree that our police force is seriously wanting in terms of training and equipment, a little bit of common sense would have told the "heroic" cop to not approach without some form of protective gear. It was the man's stupidity that killed him in the first place.
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by DuduNegro: 7:36pm On Feb 15, 2012
May his soul rest in peace, Amen!

Money to buy bomb disposal gear has been redirected as awards for MEND and earmarks for Boko.
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by Gbawe: 7:52pm On Feb 15, 2012
Bawss1:

The policeman and his actions will be shown to bomb denotation squads all over the world as what not to do when approaching a bomb. While we all agree that our police force is seriously wanting in terms of training and equipment, a little bit of common sense would have told the "heroic" cop to not approach without some form of protective gear. It was the man's stupidity that killed him in the first place.

This is too embarrassing to be even shown as a training video. There is no observation whatsoever of the basic procedures and caution the situation requires. With the bomb isolated, and with civilian casualty a very remote possibility, what prompted this rash and totally insane action that risked unprotected human flesh unnecessarily? We can understand putting yourself on the line if civvies were endangered - especially women and children. Ostensibly, that is not the case here.

This is an embarrassment that only shows the World that Nigeria is an abberation as per its display of the worst standard of ineptitude imaginable. A wierd Nation following its own warped and bastardized rules that relies on luck, superstition et al more than on science, commonsense, merit and logical thinking.
Re: Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna by EMANY01(m): 8:42pm On Feb 15, 2012
^^^^^^^^
The comment by Gbawe above indicates why electricity a service that follws the application of the fundamental laws nature may never work right in this country.Rules are turned upsidedown people who have zero intelligience are appointed assigned to handle tasks they do not have the mental capasity for.

(1) (Reply)

GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS / The Real Reason Khadafi Was Killed / I Have Told My People That Unless They Give Me N100 Each,i Won't Run - Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.