Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe (15731 Views)

A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) / Principal Impregnates SS3 Student, Rushes Her For Wedding - Universal Reporters / Started ICAN In SS3, Bags First-Class At 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by campella(m): 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2012
jidewin:

Just as some peeps have voiced their opinion and still doing same on BB,The teacher SHOULD NOT have asked the boy to STRIP, and upon refusal FLOGGED him. HE could have as well TELL him to live and come back with his parents.Lets be realistic,If it was your son or daughter that was flogged that way (with visible bruises all over his back),most of us on nairaland would have brought the roof down that same hour ( i know i would).

And as for speaking pidgin english,come on,wetin bad for dere ; smiley smiley? how many of them at the oyo house of assembly can speak concise,clear and standard english or make a statement without additional Yoruba accent overtaking the proper pronunciation e.g EIGHT as HEIT, HOUR as AWA, THE as DE
Those remarks made against that boy regarding his PRESENTATION by the lower house member is just based on TRIBAL intolerance and cynism please.

"IGBO boy and im papa,rack yoruba man for im papa soil.Eewo orisa!"

I don't believe you said all these?
So the guy should be commended for what he did?
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by pcicero(m): 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2012
emmatok:
Quote from: Okija_juju on Today at 03:15:31 PM

Erm. . . .

Just beacuse the other students didnt react in the same way that this particular child did still dosent make the teachers deed right. The other students may not have reacted because their spirits have been broken and they dont have a voice to speak.

The article says it there. In the boys testimony of the accounts of that day, the teacher doubled the cane and floged the boy even after he had fallen to the ground, he kept on flogging. That points to malicious intent.

- How did he react?! By crying, rolling on the floor, refusing to be humiliated by being stripped Unclad in front of the whole school and going home to call his parents as the principal had asked?! Please explain what he did wrong that you wouldnt have done?

The father was wrong to have allowed his men fire off shots in a school full of children. He was also wrong to have made the son beat the teacher, but I have no qualms with the fact that the father actually got the teacher beaten up, because well and truly thats what he deserves. If we had a judiciary that worked then I would have sugested he sued, but you and I knw that by the tie the case gets resolved, the boy would be married.

WTF,

Except LAGOS, Their is not law that says teachers should not beat student, neither is any other wise.

But the school need the to use their desecration in discipline their student.

The teacher might be partially wrong in his actions, but kid is in his custody so he has the right to discipline him, 

But that father is an animal and he should dismissed from the FORCE for that action.  

And that boy should be sent back to IMO were he can get free education for Rogers.

Thank you Emmatok!

@okija_juju
How you arrived at the fact that the cane was doubled when it got to his turn still remains a conjecture because the boy did not say that much. The poor boy also admitted that himself, alongside other students were punished on that day.

Why have you considered it improbable that the guy reacted in a rude manner to the teacher? Why is that guy still in SS3 at his age
I served in Taraba State (Magami secondary school,Jalingo) between 2003-2004. Some students can be very provocative. Those students knew what would happen if you as much as thought of beating them.
It was so bad that the principal being a christian from Southern Taraba was not comfortable with the attitudes of the students but could not do anything. Imagine a principal scared of flogging errant students for fear of reprisals.

I'm typing on BB, please pardon my typos. But it's really disheartening.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Okijajuju1(m): 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2012
emmatok:

WTF,

Except LAGOS, Their is not law that says teachers should not beat student, neither is any other wise.

But the school need the to use their desecration in discipline their student.

The teacher might be partially wrong in his actions, but kid is in his custody so he has the right to discipline him,

But that father is an animal and he should dismissed from the FORCE for that action.  

And that boy should be sent back to IMO were he can get free education for Rogers.

Apparently, you want to turn this into an Igbo vs. Yoruba matter.

Anyways, if na so, what the father did was just to remind you ofemmanus that if you dare Bleep with us, we will Bleep you up right back.

NO teacher has the right to use a cane on a child. And even if they do, it is with reason and with reasonable force. The second he injured the boy, it became assualt, his greatest luck is that the boy was over 16, otherwise it would have been child abuse on minor and abuse of authority. When a teacher flogs a child, there are guifelines for flooging and that includes the fact that the strokes must be on the palm or the buttocks, must not cause bodily harm and must be within reason.

The teacher not only caused bodily harm, but did not adhere to the rules of engagement which tantamounts to an abuse of power. The teacher further compounded the situation by trying to humiliate the boy by stripping him butt naked which is a crime according CHAPTER IV, SECTION 3.3 to the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, which guarantees every citizen a RIGHT TO DIGINTY OF HUMAN PERSON.

I do not argue that the soldiers that accompanied the father were right for firing off shots in a school premises filled with children, but I can understand the fathers anger.

If I were to defend his  actions, I would call it TEMPORARY INSANITY.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Outstrip(f): 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2012
I said this on the initial thread about this boys father coming in as asking him to beat up his teacher. The teacher bascally stripped the students. In fact the teacher himself admitted it. The reason why the father asked the boy to beat up the teacher was to teach him to feel the same shame and abuse he caused the boy. It is a shame that this boy cannot speak english even at this stage in his life. SMH. Nigeria is in trouble
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Okijajuju1(m): 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2012
pcicero:

@okija_juju
How you arrived at the fact that the cane was doubled when it got to his turn still remains a conjectur because the boy did not say that much. The poor boy also admitted that himself, alongside other students were punished on that day.

Why have you considered it improbable that the guy reacted in a rude manner to the teacher? Why is that guy still in SS3 at his age
I served in Taraba State (Magami secondary school,Jalingo) between 2003-2004. Some students can be very provocative. Those students knew what would happen if you as much as thought of beating them.
It was so bad that the principal being a christian from Southern Taraba was not comfortable with the attitudes of th students but could not do anything. Imagine a principal scared of flogging erring students for fear of reprisals.

I'm typing on BB, please pardon my typos. But it's really disheartening.

SS3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Assembly Probe
Published on February 15, 2012 by  

It was a show of shame yesterday at the Oyo State House of Assembly when an SSS3 student of United Senior Secondary School, Ijokodo, Ibadan, Oyo State, Southwest Nigeria, could not address the legislators in simple and correct English.

Master Allison Chukwuebuka, also called Ebuka, was invited by the legislators to explain why he beat up his class teacher, Mr. Gbenga Ogunleye, a graduate of Ekiti State University for punishing him alongside other 19 students for indecent dressing.

The student was ushered into the Assembly chambers in the company of his father, Mr. Emmanuel Allison, an inspector with Nigeria Customs Service, and other three top officers of the service.

When called upon by the Speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly, Monsurat Sumonu to narrate what led to a clash between him and his teacher, Mr. Gbenga Ogunleye on Friday 27 January 2012, there was slight confusion as to whether he was mature enough to take an oath.

But Ebuka himself came to the rescue as he claimed he was 18 years even though investigation by the state Ministry of Education revealed that he was over 20 years.

Immediately he started speaking in Pidgin English, the father felt embarrassed, put his face down and covered it with his palms as as the son explained the circumstances that led to his beating up his teacher.

Giving his own side of the story, Chukuebuka said: “I get to school in the morning. The teacher see me with sandal. He say make I remove my trouser, I say no l can’t remove it before everybody. [size=18pt]He double the cane, flog me, flog me and flog me.[/size] He flog me finish. He flog me until I fall for ground. He dey flog me. The cane too much. The wound too much. After, Vice Principal send me home make I go call my parent”.

Responding to a question by the Speaker, Chukuebuka, former student of Imo State Community School who joined United Senior Secondary School last year, said that he was not the only student punished for misconduct that day but he was the only one that violently reacted to the punishment.

His explanation irked the legislators as they unequivocally condemned him for his action.

They also condemned his father who was alleged to have led at least 10 of his colleagues into the school in three Customs’ vehicles, shooting indiscriminately and encouraged the son to beat up his teacher.

Kehinde Subair simply summarised his view by saying, “There is an act of indiscipline in the Ministry of Education which must be seriously addressed.”

Other legislators that condemned the student for his action were Ibrahim Bolomope representing Egbeda State Constituency and Ganiyu Adekunle from Atiba State Constituency.

Bolomope in his own contribution declared that the student’s father was not fit to be in Customs Service, stressing that his contribution to the incident was quite bad.

But Olusegun Olaleye, popularly called Radical, and the youngest in the Oyo House of Assembly, stood on the side of the students and pleaded with the House to temper justice with mercy.

He said that the erring student should be forgiven in the spirit of Valentine which preaches love.

He claimed that the student’s teacher was wrong to have brutalised the student. But he was shouted down by his colleagues and prevailed upon to take his seat.

Speaker Sumonu, however, gave two weeks to the three authorities: Oyo State Ministry of Education, Customs Service and the police to make their reports available to the House.

The student has been suspended.

The session was greeted with reaction from over 100 people that came to witness the session.

Most people could not comprehend why an SS3 student could not speak good English, saying that there is enough evidence to show that Nigeria’s educational system has completely collapsed.

A woman was heard saying, “Did they say that boy will sit for WAEC this year? What will he write in the examination? Unfortunately, the state government has paid for his examination. I think the state government should stop paying WAEC examination fees on behalf of students. Anybody that can’t pay should not sit for the exam because they cannot be wasting money on unserious students.

“There are many things the government can use our money to do."

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/02/15/ss3-student-opts-for-pidgin-at-assembly-probe/comment-page-1/#comment-203147

NOW Let me address your post.

Why a twenty year old is still in school is besides the point and of no consequence whatsoever in this issue. There are a million speculative reasons I could give you for why a 30 year old man still attends night school to get an education, and it wouldnt change whats the real problem is here. I am sure that a 20 year old in secondary school is not a crime, neither is it something that anyone should make a mockery of, rather congratulate the kid for striving hard in the pursuit of education. REMEMBER THE SAYING; Its never too late to learn. . . .

On the issue of the boy reacting in a rude manner, its also of no consequence. Being a teacher goes beyond just imparting knowledge in a child. You also have to be tolerant, especially with teenagers and young adults. At that age, they tend to act like superman. Now if you are saying that the man was justified to have brutalized that child like that because he probably talked to him rudely, then the OYO state board of Education should be sued for sending a raving lunatic into a school. A teacher is supposed to be a child-psychologist on some level. If every teacher in the world reacted with stark brutality everytime a MINOR acted rudely, disrespectful or insolent, then child abuse would not be an offence.

And like I pointed out in my earlier post, the fact that only one child reacted out of a multitude that got abused does not make that child a criminal, but a hero. It dosent justify the teachers actions in any way. INFACT, if some children had acted like this one child did, by now, this wouldnt be an issue to discuss. FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

On your experience in Taraba. I attended a state government secondary school. Luckily for me, my school was still amongst one of the best public schools in existence then. Teachers did flog students for all manner of offences. Infact, at some point, the flogging even got to a saddistic level, with some teachers coming with a pillow to class, teachers competing for who could inflict more pain on the students, who had the sturdiest cane and such other wickedness. I also remember that those were my days of truancy. Those where the days when I would jump the school fence and run off somewhere. Those where the days when we would also lay ambush for senior students who would have punished us during school hours and beat the crap out of them. INFACT, that was when I was at my worst behaivior. Any child psychlogist would understand this an take it into consideration when dealing with teens, but not Nigerian teachers. I'm sorry, but if any teacher flogs my child like a criminal, best believe that I would reciprocate in kind.

Their is a very fine line between discipline, wickedness and child abuse.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by jidewin(m): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2012
campella:

Bros,WHAT DID THE BOY DO?Lets put sentiment aside, I grew up in Ibadan and i know that (united secondary school)school very well.They should not pass the bulk of the blame on the poor preferences to NIGERIA's OFFICIAL SECOND LANGUAGE, PIDGIN.No tribe in Nigeria that does not understand pidgin."That school no get standard EFIAN"

However,the teacher went far far out of his boundary and the reaction of the house of assembly on such matter is biased.From the speaker to the cleaners.
If the case is allowed to go to court,trust me,the teacher will loose the case in 10 seconds,hands down.while it will be a case of no victor no vanquished.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Outstrip(f): 5:30pm On Feb 16, 2012
jidewin:

Bros,WHAT DID THE BOY DO?Lets put sentiment aside, I grew up in Ibadan and i know that (united secondary school)school very well.They should not pass the bulk of the blame on the poor preferences to NIGERIA's OFFICIAL SECOND LANGUAGE, PIDGIN.No tribe in Nigeria that does not understand pidgin."That school no get standard EFIAN"

However,the teacher went far far out of his boundary and the reaction of the house of assembly on such matter is biased.From the speaker to the cleaners.
If the case is allowed to go to court,trust me,the teacher will loose the case in 10 seconds,hands down.while it will be a case of no victor no vanquished.

The teacher himself said the boy and his gang of friends were hanging out at the back of the school. Then he saw that they were not dressed appropriately he told them to remove their clothes. The boy apparently refused. That is coming from the teachers mouth. The teacher is a hooligan.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by pato405(m): 5:37pm On Feb 16, 2012
as far as I'm concerned on this case, the teacher was not well taken care of. I just hope the boy doubled his sturdy cane/horse whip and used them mercilessly on the teacher's bare back when he was asked to retaliate by his father, else, if na mi b im p[i]opsi[/i], i'll personally maul him and deal with him myself if he didn't beat that numbskull teacher to my satisfaction. angry angry angry
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Okijajuju1(m): 5:51pm On Feb 16, 2012
Outstrip:

The teacher himself said the boy and his gang of friends were hanging out at the back of the school. Then he saw that they were not dressed appropriately he told them to remove their clothes. The boy apparently refused. That is coming from the teachers mouth. The teacher is a hooligan.

Please post the news and the link as this report seems to have only the testimony of the boy innit
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Outstrip(f): 6:25pm On Feb 16, 2012
Okija_juju:

Please post the news and the link as this report seems to have only the testimony of the boy innit

I'll try to find it but I read it on this forum.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Outstrip(f): 6:35pm On Feb 16, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-860265.0.html

Here it is. The teacher said that their slippers and uniforms were seized. In a normal adult/child situation I would not even ask but because it was a Nigerian teacher I had to ask if they stripped them of the only clothes they had on. You cannot humiliate someones child like that. I have little kids but no teacher can strip my child and not suffer consequences. Not saying the father is right afterall his grown ass son cannot speak english but the fact that the boy did not beat up the teacher says a lot. I am sure he could have. Probably stronger. He did not. He called his father who like every father on earth would be pissed to know that their child was publicly stripped. he just gave the teacher a taste of his own medicine
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Revolva(m): 6:53pm On Feb 16, 2012
well it may b an embarrassment, But, ENGLISH NO BE OUR LANGUAGE OOO,
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Revolva(m): 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2012
well it may b an embarrassment, But, ENGLISH NO BE OUR LANGUAGE OOO,
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 16, 2012
Lmkwd, na Akpos b d guy name, See commedy, d student nobeat d teacher well, make him come down to our school for A-J (Ajegunle) come see waiting student dey take teacher eyes see, Nonsens #Smh
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by pofolo(m): 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2012
Civilization should not make us all lose our long cherished tradition. See what have bcom of oyinbo pikins, wayward n unproductive.
Discipline is a watchward n a community responsibilty in africa.
Dont get me wrong, i do not support child molestation.
1. A bully student came to school late in palm slipper with his 'gang' and did not submit himself to frog jump punishment because his father is a customer officer.
That wasnt d 1st time it would have happened.
I once served in a school in eastern part of dis country n know what gross irresponsibilty, indiscipline n what have you goes on there.
The teacher 'flog' case was just a mere cover up by d student n his father,

My worry is for education in Nigeria,
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by spree: 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2012
Given, that boy must be a stubborn child for him not to have graduated from secondary school at age twenty, that shows a level of unseriousness in him, but that well said, I think this is definitely a case of abuse of corporal punishment, or how would anyone judge the action of a teacher demanding that a teenager who has attained the age of puberty should UnCloth in the public. That is dehumanization. Its either that teacher is jealous of his flamboyant life still and decided to use his veto power to punish the boy or he is simply frustrated with the meager salary he receives.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by pcicero(m): 8:59pm On Feb 16, 2012
@okija_juju
If all our posts on this thread are devoid of tribals sentiments (I know you have not taken that line), then we will all agree on the followings:
1. The teacher is not a model or a mentor. His actions are simply called child abuse\molestation etc. in saner climes. I am a product of a public secondary school (CMS Grammar School- public then), I know some teachers jostle to win the Nobel prize in flogging students.

2. The student, by his own admission, is a truant (that was what I wanted to point out with his age), who I assume feels his priviledged position makes him an 'untouchable'. I don't want you to gloss over this fact.

3. The father, who ought to have known the kind of child he has, became hysterical because a teacher beat up his boy. He got his men, about 10 in number to unleash mayhem on the hapless school.
In my opinion, I blame the kid's father more for the way he reacted. He could have handled it differently and if he had done something more civil, he would have gotten my commendation.

I condemn all the three principal actors for this.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by pato405(m): 9:44pm On Feb 16, 2012
pcicero:

@okija_juju
If all our posts on this thread are devoid of tribals sentiments (I know you have not taken that line), then we will all agree on the followings:
1. The teacher is not a model or a mentor. His actions are simply called child abuse\molestation etc. in saner climes. I am a product of a public secondary school (CMS Grammar School- public then), I know some teachers jostle to win the Nobel prize in flogging students.

2. The student, by his own admission, is a truant (that was what I wanted to point out with his age), who I assume feels his priviledged position makes him an 'untouchable'. I don't want you to gloss over this fact.

3. The father, who ought to have known the kind of child he has, became hysterical because a teacher beat up his boy. He got his men, about 10 in number to unleash mayhem on the hapless school.
In my opinion, I blame the kid's father more for the way he reacted. He could have handled it differently and if he had done something more civil, he would have gotten my commendation.

I condemn all the three principal actors for this.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, bross!

so you are 1 of us, so so so Exact. i have been restrainning myself from mentioning the name of the school. it's practically the same school i was writing about.

the flog you to leave an everlasting memory of the trauma. grin grin grin grin grin grin.

you have just corroborated my story.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by kizito96(m): 11:11pm On Feb 16, 2012
That will tell you how the system has decayed. what also do you expect when the boy is trained with ill-gotten the father is making from customs
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by pcicero(m): 11:12pm On Feb 16, 2012
@Pato405
Hmmm, again we finished the same year. Up School! Up Boys!
I keep meeting people here oo.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by emmatok(m): 12:06am On Feb 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

Apparently, you want to turn this into an Igbo vs. Yoruba matter.

Anyways, if na so, what the father did was just to remind you ofemmanus that if you dare Bleep with us, we will Bleep you up right back.

NO teacher has the right to use a cane on a child. And even if they do, it is with reason and with reasonable force. The second he injured the boy, it became assualt, his greatest luck is that the boy was over 16, otherwise it would have been child abuse on minor and abuse of authority. When a teacher flogs a child, there are guifelines for flooging and that includes the fact that the strokes must be on the palm or the buttocks, must not cause bodily harm and must be within reason.

The teacher not only caused bodily harm, but did not adhere to the rules of engagement which tantamounts to an abuse of power. The teacher further compounded the situation by trying to humiliate the boy by stripping him butt Unclad which is a crime according CHAPTER IV, SECTION 3.3 to the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, which guarantees every citizen a RIGHT TO DIGINTY OF HUMAN PERSON.

I do not argue that the soldiers that accompanied the father were right for firing off shots in a school premises filled with children, but I can understand the fathers anger.

If I were to defend his  actions, I would call it TEMPORARY INSANITY.

Look here man,

Nobody give a hoot about your triabalistic views.

I do not support the teachers excessive actions.

But any adult (from the 70s-80s) who claims he never received beating form teachers is probably not telling the truth.

Must of us who attend Military schools(Command, Air-force, NMS etc) receive beating every time, yet our parent(military officers)never complained.

In most cases our COMMANDANTS disciplined us in the presence of our parent.

Why do you think rich parents(civilians) sent their kids to Military schools(Command, Air-force, NMS etc).For discipline.

Yet you call the action of an ordinary customs-man TEMPORARY INSANITY.

He should then go ahead and wipe out the whole school teachers for beating his ward.

Bloody civilians.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by pato405(m): 12:11am On Feb 17, 2012
emmatok:

Look here man,

But any adult (from the 70s-80s) who claims he never received beating form teachers is probably not telling the truth.

Must of us who attend Military schools(Command, Air-force, NMS etc) receive beating every time, yet our parent(military officers)never complained.

Why do you think rich parents(civilians) sent their kids to Military schools(Command, Air-force, NMS etc).For discipline.

He should then go ahead and wipe out the whole school teachers for beating his ward.

Bloody civilians.

is this warranted? why these vituperations? why the unnecessary paroxysm of e-rage
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by dayokanu(m): 12:26am On Feb 17, 2012
The father and the teacher abused their office

I think the father should be dismissed from customs

Whats his job in the customs? and when he was given rifles and men was it to go beat up erring teachers in schools?

For violating his jobs code of conduct he should be dismissed.

The teacher didnt violate any State law, but he didnt act with discretion So I would say he deserves a suspension but on account of the humiliation meted to him by the Father, He should be awarded compensation from the father
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by pato405(m): 12:30am On Feb 17, 2012
@emmatok

from the tenor of your speech, it's not far-fetched that you are not a civilian. I can confidently take a guess that you are most certainly a military man because the word ''bloody civilian'' is most commonly used by them.

well, need I remind you that you are a ground soldier [if you are 1] and you are not any where near being a soldier on this forum. such uncouth terms should be used only within your physical domains and not on an e-platform of this kind.

i'll feel like unleashing my verbal arsenal on you right now and hitting you hard with e-missiles. 'cos i'm an e-soldier - a GENERAL!

BE WARNED!!

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by mandy4s: 9:32am On Feb 17, 2012
well it is there for us to see that the boy is a replica of his foolish father. can you imagine that the man brought his colleagues to shoot around the school. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
that is exactly how the man has trained his bully-son. so now teachers can no longer met out punishment to students. as for his poor english, am not surprised neither do i pity the stupid man called boy. he clearly does not deserve proper education because he'll waste. i think the father should be punished also for improper parenting conduct as would be obtainable in the western world, embarassed embarassed angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Okijajuju1(m): 9:40am On Feb 17, 2012
emmatok:

Look here man,

Bloody civilians.

My guy, I wasnt planning on making this issue a tribal matter at all. Some douche bags made it so and I simply indulged them.

You are here screaming military school as if that makes you a soldier. I also attended NIGERIAN NAVY SECONDARY school for two years. I remember an incident where a Naval rating flogged a boy until his entire back bled, and he did this not because the boys offence deserved it o, but simply because the boy wouldnt flinch or react to his flogging.

Now Mr. Soldier boy, does that make the actions of the Naval right?! The boy was a minor in J.S.S 3 then. Question I ask again is, "Is it right to flog a human being till the point of drawing blood all in the name of discipline?".

Is the cane the only means of discipline?!

We have been flogging our fore-fathers down to our generation, how has it helped us as a society?!

I told you that I was flogged by my maths teacher everytime I failed a test and today, I still do not know maths. You need to emancipate yourself from this slave mentality of brutalising a human being, be it for corrective of punitive reasons.

I have always stressed that the father was wrong and his actions were definitely overkill, but lets start from the begining and work our way down. The teacher was vindictive and wrong from the way he handled the situation. That was the stone that he set rolling that gathered all this moss.

pofolo:

Civilization should not make us all lose our long cherished tradition. See what have bcom of oyinbo pikins, wayward n unproductive.
Discipline is a watchward n a community responsibilty in africa.
Dont get me wrong, i do not support child molestation.
1. A bully student came to school late in palm slipper with his 'gang' and did not submit himself to frog jump punishment because his father is a customer officer.
That wasnt d 1st time it would have happened.
I once served in a school in eastern part of dis country n know what gross irresponsibilty, indiscipline n what have you goes on there.
The teacher 'flog' case was just a mere cover up by d student n his father,

My worry is for education in Nigeria,

REALLY!!

Yet you queue up everyday at their embassies to get a visa to run to their land.

Yet whenever we want to talk about the ills in Nigeria, we compare it to theirs.

Yet we paid a shitload of money to send our kids abroad to school in their schools. . . . . .

With all the flogging, social vices still prevail in our society.

With all the flogging backed by religion, our kids still grow up to be corrupt.

I was a truant child in school. My father told me stories from his days as well and he also was a stubborn student in his days. Your kids and mine would most likely grow up to be heady in school. ITS WHAT TEENAGERS DO!! If Nigerian Teaching college had trained human/child psychologists there, these teachers would understand that this is what they do, its a phase of rebellion, and a cane is not the only way to deal with it. Whatever happened to coporal punishment?!

I am not even going to ask what the boy did anymore, NO TEACHER HAS THE RIGHT TO STRIP A CHILD NAKED IN SCHOOL OR ANYWHERE FOR THAT MATTER. Its unconstitutional and a crime.  angry

The father was also guilty of abuse of powers and extra-judicial actions, but lets not put the cart before he horse.  angry
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Okijajuju1(m): 9:42am On Feb 17, 2012
mandy4$:

well it is there for us to see that the boy is a replica of his foolish father. can you imagine that the man brought his colleagues to shoot around the school. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
that is exactly how the man has trained his bully-son. so now teachers can no longer met out punishment to students. as for his poor english, am not surprised neither do i pity the silly man called boy. he clearly does not deserve proper education because he'll waste. i think the father should be punished also for improper parenting conduct as would be obtainable in the western world, embarassed embarassed angry angry angry angry angry

And your point is?!

The teacher had the right to strip a child naked in the name of punishment abi?! angry

How old are you sef?! Shouldnt you be in school?! angry
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by mandy4s: 9:59am On Feb 17, 2012
emmatok it is clear you are a fool!!!!1 angry angry angry angry angry angry
a foolish fool who doesnt even know he is foolish, tarh!!! you make me sick,  let me tell you, if you are military or belong to any force and think that gives you the right to bully people around, you better not cross me else i will kill you with my bare hands. i hate your kind,  and if you think your destiny to suffer at military schools all in the name of training is another persons portion, God strike you dead with thunder, IDIOT WEY NO SABI SPEAK ENGLISH (COMMON ENGLISH SEF), FOOLISH MILITARY

OKIJA_JUJU that was not my point but does that deserve shooting on the school compound? What if a stray bullet fell students? what would your juju mouth say
that shows carelessnes and callousness on the part of the father who brags about being military. as for school, u must be stupid to ask that question. i think nairaland should 0begin reviewing peoples accout to accertain thier true age or beta still introduce maturity test, mumu
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by nastik(m): 10:12am On Feb 17, 2012
That state house of assembly members should refund their sitting allowance for that day cos it seems they are all jobless. imagine such an insignificance classroom issue being delibrated by Hon. members. what a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Okijajuju1(m): 10:17am On Feb 17, 2012
mandy4$:

a foolish fool who doesnt even know he is foolish, tarh!!! you make me sick, let me tell you, if you are military or belong to any force and think that gives you the right to bully people around, you better not cross me else i will kill you with my bare hands. i hate your kind, and if you think your destiny to suffer at military schools all in the name of training is another persons portion, God strike you dead with thunder, WEY NO SABI SPEAK ENGLISH (COMMON ENGLISH SEF), FOOLISH MILITARY

OKIJA_JUJU that was not my point but does that deserve shooting on the school compound? What if a stray bullet fell students? what would your juju mouth say
that shows carelessnes and callousness on the part of the father who brags about being military. as for school, u must be silly to ask that question. i think nairaland should 0begin reviewing peoples accout to accertain thier true age or beta still introduce maturity test, mumu

I haff die from laffta o!!

No be small mumu.

Anyways, if only you spent a little more time after reading to comprehend, you would realize that nobody is justifying the fathers actions.

But for you to call stripping a child nake'd in public punishment is dusturbing on a homosexual pedophilic level. Just saying.

mandy4$:

that is exactly how the man has trained his bully-son. so now teachers can no longer met out punishment to students. as for his poor english, am not surprised neither do i pity the silly man called boy. he clearly does not deserve proper education because he'll waste. i think the father should be punished also for improper parenting conduct as would be obtainable in the western world, embarassed embarassed angry angry angry angry angry

Your words, verbatim.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by DeepSoul(f): 11:48am On Feb 17, 2012
The father should be dismissed fro Customs. An important question was asked - WHat if a STRAY BULLET had hit and KILLED an innocent student?

How do you enter a school and start shooting sporadically?? A school??!!!

The teacher, the student and the father are ALL offenders in this matter.

But IMO, the father's offense is the WORST.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by emmatok(m): 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
pato405:

@emmatok

from the tenor of your speech, it's not far-fetched that you are not a civilian. I can confidently take a guess that you are most certainly a military man because the word ''bloody civilian'' is most commonly used by them.

well, need I remind you that you are a ground soldier [if you are 1] and you are not any where near being a soldier on this forum. such uncouth terms should be used only within your physical domains and not on an e-platform of this kind.

i'll feel like unleashing my verbal arsenal on you right now and hitting you hard with e-missiles. cool cool cool cool cool 'cos i'm an e-soldier grin grin grin grin- a GENERAL!

BE WARNED!!

cool cool cool cool cool

mandy4$:

a foolish fool who doesnt even know he is foolish, tarh!!! you make me sick,  let me tell you, if you are military or belong to any force and think that gives you the right to bully people around, you better not cross me else i will kill you with my bare hands. i hate your kind,  and if you think your destiny to suffer at military schools all in the name of training is another persons portion, God strike you dead with thunder, WEY NO SABI SPEAK ENGLISH (COMMON ENGLISH SEF), FOOLISH MILITARY

that shows carelessnes and callousness on the part of the father who brags about being military. as for school, u must be silly to ask that question. i think nairaland should 0begin reviewing peoples accout to accertain thier true age or beta still introduce maturity test, mumu

Na wein una two smoke dis morning. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Became Poor To Establish University - Afe Babalola / How To Check NECO 2019 June/july Result With Your Mobile Phone / Host Of Abia Children's Quiz Competition, Queen Irene Onwuka Speaks On Impact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.