Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe (15732 Views)

A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) / Principal Impregnates SS3 Student, Rushes Her For Wedding - Universal Reporters / Started ICAN In SS3, Bags First-Class At 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by emmatok(m): 12:17pm On Feb 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

My guy, I wasnt planning on making this issue a tribal matter at all. Some douche bags made it so and I simply indulged them.

You are here screaming military school as if that makes you a soldier. I also attended NIGERIAN NAVY SECONDARY school for two years. I remember an incident where a Naval rating flogged a boy until his entire back bled, and he did this not because the boys offence deserved it o, but simply because the boy wouldnt flinch or react to his flogging.

Now Mr. Soldier boy, does that make the actions of the Naval right?! The boy was a minor in J.S.S 3 then. Question I ask again is, "Is it right to flog a human being till the point of drawing blood all in the name of discipline?".

Is the cane the only means of discipline?!

We have been flogging our fore-fathers down to our generation, how has it helped us as a society?!

I told you that I was flogged by my maths teacher everytime I failed a test and today, I still do not know maths. You need to emancipate yourself from this slave mentality of brutalising a human being, be it for corrective of punitive reasons.

I have always stressed that the father was wrong and his actions were definitely overkill, but lets start from the begining and work our way down. The teacher was vindictive and wrong from the way he handled the situation. That was the stone that he set rolling that gathered all this moss.

HMM,

Your own flogging small o.

Some of us no even faer flogging again, na punishment like Frog jump, bicycle e.t.c. we dey fear.

So tell me will a Customs officer (or any other Military personnel) invade that NAVAL SCHOOL for that action. NEVER.

The Customs officer did that knowing they are dealing with civilians.

I remember one COMMANDANT was removed from school for brutality.

But that was done through a PETITION to the School authority and not a gang style invasion by that Customs officer .
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by fuke(m): 1:27pm On Feb 17, 2012
Those of you supporting the father and son or either of them are not serious.

There was this story about Tunde Jose junior while at Ijebu Muslim College, Ijebu- ode.

José junior was said to have been flogged in the school but being the son of a
big shot, Babatunde Jose, the Daily Times all time chairman and father
of journalism in Nigeria, junior went home to report to his father.

He expected his father to come to school and lambast the teacher or probably
flogged the teacher in return. Jose snr followed his son to the school quite
all right but instead of quarreling with the teacher, he asked the assembly
to be called.

Right there, he was said to have called his son out and doubled
the canning. Junior became a well behaved boy.

Nigeria do not have fathers like that anymore. Instead they have custom inspector
fathers who storm schools with rounds of ammunition while smuggled
cars pass in front of their offices,

That man should be dismissed and the son expelled.

If these two conditions are not met NUT should assist the teacher
and sue the man to court.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Okijajuju1(m): 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2012
DID NOBODY ELSE READ THE PART WHERE THE TEACHER TRIED TO STRIP AN 18YEAR OLD BOY NAKED?! angry

Are you people serious sef?!

angry

Why shoudl a teacher take the clothes of a child?! Or is it because its a boy?!

If it had been an 18 year old girl, would you people be talking in this same tune?! angry

WTF are you people talking about!

Forget the father, he was wrong to have allowed his men fire off shots in a school. But what about the stripping?! To what intent and purpose was that action?! angry
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Outstrip(f): 3:02pm On Feb 17, 2012
I love how people can be so off point about issues. Tunde got flogged blah blah blah. A grown as.S young man was stripped. Maybe the teacher should have been spared the beating. They should have just stripped him naked. There are many issues going on here. The student is not a saint. His father is a lost cause and the teacher is a useless hooligan. He has no business teaching anywhere. I am opposed to teachers spanking kids anyway but this case was worse. The young man was flogged until he fell on the floor and then stripped of his clothes. Who does that?? I still maintain that if this boy was mad like everybody wants to paint him to be his father would not need to be there for him to assault that teacher. I know a young lady here in the states that started having seizures after a teacher in Nigeria hit her on the head with a branch. She is here in the states now and it is sad to see what she goes through. If her father had come in a hot the teacher on the head too people will say the father is an as.S. Of course her father was just a poor village man so what do you expect.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Lantean(m): 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2012
For a teacher who was overzealous in the discharge of punishment, the embarrassment he suffered in the hands of "Ebuka" thanks to Mr Emmanuel Allison and his colleagues, is enough punishment for being overzealous. A stern warning should be given him in the event he intends to flog any other student. It would have been a gross violation of irresponsibility and an act bodily harm if the boy had lost his eye or something. Thank goodness that isn't the case.

However, i disagree that the teacher was wrong in flogging him. "Spare the cane and spoil the child" adage was a driving principle that contributed to our fathers discipline and humility.
But today, Nigerians scorn those that employ such principle(schools, parents, siblings, etc) as being "unenlightened". And see what our society has turned into.

As for the student, he should be EXPELLED from the school and disallowed admission from all Oyo schools. He knew what his father would do that's why he told him in the first place, regardless of the principal's instruction. The expulsion will serve as a deterrent to future occurrence.
If he were an undergraduate, he would certainly arrange for the killing of a lecturer that sends him out of the class for any reason.

As for his father and his colleagues, a letter should be sent to the Customs Service and Federal Government advocating their dismissal or demotion from the service. They could have done worse to him if they were army generals, governors,

As for "Mr VALENTINE", someone tell the idiot to keep his mouth shut next time 'he's got nothing but shit to say.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by fuke(m): 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2012
@Outstrip

Off point ke ?

The story is similar.

Stripped naked? was he the only person discipline?

If the teacher erred why would the VP asked the
boy to bring his parents.

We know in Europe and USA, your children hold the cane.

Here we do not want  a thirteen year old gun down his teacher
and go on to maul another 13 souls.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Outstrip(f): 8:29pm On Feb 17, 2012
fuke:

@Outstrip

Off point ke ?

The story is similar.

Stripped Unclad? was he the only person discipline?

If the teacher erred why would the VP asked the
boy to bring his parents.

We know in Europe and USA, your children hold the cane.

Here we do not want  a thirteen year old gun down his teacher
and go on to maul another 13 souls.

His clothes were taken from him. How many people do you know that wear two layers of clothes. So what if he is not the only one that was disciplined. What does that have to do with anything. So it makes it right. Sorry I don't feel sorry for the teacher. I am glad he did not die from the beating but I don't have time to feel sorry for him. I am sure other students that don't have mad parents have suffered worse at his hands.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by pato405(m): 12:50am On Feb 18, 2012
@pcicero:

if you finished '96 CMS, i expect you to be able to recall a similar case. i know it's quite a long time now. the guy in question wasn't in sciences, he was in commercial class. if you hack back and rack your brains well, you should be able to recall a similar incidence. hope you know how it ended.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by fuke(m): 7:55am On Feb 19, 2012
@outstrip

His clothes were taken from him. How many people do you know that wear two layers of clothes. So what if he is not the only one that was disciplined. What does that have to do with anything. So it makes it right. Sorry I don't feel sorry for the teacher. I am glad he did not die from the beating but I don't have time to feel sorry for him. I am sure other students that don't have mad parents have suffered worse at his hands.

I am glad I am not a mad parent.

And I believe the society can do  without mad children and insane parents.

Outstrip, since you have agreed that these people are mad,
is there any reason to continue this argument otherwise people
may think we are mad too.

Peace.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Okijajuju1(m): 9:14am On Feb 20, 2012
Outstrip:

My dear,

All I am saying is,

People are all saying its fine because its a boy. If an 18 year old girl got stripped naked by her teacher, what would any of them do as parents?! angry And if the child resisted and for that got flogged till the point they drew blood from her, what would they do?! angry

angry
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by gaddafe(m): 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2012
When you read the posts in this thread, you can clearly see what Nigeria has turned into. A boy was humiliated, assaulted and degraded. Instead of people commenting about the criminal activities of the teacher you see them applauding the assault. Some idiots even went as far as saying that when you spare the rod you spoil the child. And i asked, is a 20 years old boy still a child? By law the boy has every right of an adult. Even the white men that brought education to nigeria don't beat up their kids in school. they beat up the blacks because they feel we are monkeys that needed to be flogged. Now that we know better, are we still suppose to practice such barbaric activities.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Docii001(m): 8:05am On Mar 19, 2013
U know the teacher got exactly wat he deserved! Why will u humiliate a full grown man like that in public view because this guy isn't a kid anymore. Most of the teachers we have in Nigeria lack any Psychological assessment skills.
I went to a private secondary school and once you got to Ss3 or even start approaching your final year ,no teacher flogs or touches you again. I remember they all keep telling us that we should behave like adults that we are,so we don't find ourselves in a position where we have to be flogged,because our juniors are watching. Surprisingly it worked,because most of the 'big boys' n 'big girls' didn't want to be embarrassed in front of their gfs,school sons,school daughters,admirers,etc.
There were offences committed but it was never serious enough to warrant flogging.
Having someone under you that you have the mandate to discipline is power and there is tendency to abuse as we are humans,that's why in advanced countries checks were placed to encourage peace. The teacher 'abused' a young adult(who has full understanding and awareness of his emotions) and deserves to be dismissed from duty.
Re: Ss3 Student Opts For Pidgin At Oyo Assembly Probe by Lantean(m): 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
Yaaaaaaaaaaawn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Became Poor To Establish University - Afe Babalola / How To Check NECO 2019 June/july Result With Your Mobile Phone / Host Of Abia Children's Quiz Competition, Queen Irene Onwuka Speaks On Impact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.