Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently (25278 Views)

I Got A Job Recently.need Your Advice Urgently / My Job Interview Experience Today / How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by hsquare79: 9:45am On Feb 19, 2012
hey man brother,
i srongly buy the idea of vinceobe.
just cut down your expenses.
and begin to look unto God Ps 34v 5

all things work together 4 good to them that lve him
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 19, 2012
Guy I congratulate u because u now have the opportunity to live another meaningful life. U can't be a good husband or father as a bank staff. No matter what u do in Nigeria, u can't be completely happy again. Try going abroad and send for ur fiancee later. Nigeria is bleeped and doomed! Don't waste ur time having hope in a dry land. Brace up! Shout 'Bleep the world' and move on. I hate sanusi for causing all these.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by member479760: 10:32am On Feb 19, 2012
have you worked in heat treatment environment? the answer is NO,
have you worked in metal working environment? the answer is NO,
what about machine building? NO,
what about CAD/CAM? NO,
what about welder work? NO,

is never too late to start apprentice with Baba Mufu the mecho or Taju the welder.

this is typical Nigerian engineer!
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by lightest(m): 10:35am On Feb 19, 2012
@ poster,

don't listen to Adecisco cos he is not God. But i believe it  is another opportunity given to you to  look inward and discover the real man in yourself. my advice for you is that u should not and never consider travelling abroad becos if you do now you are going to end up putting ur severance package inside a waste basket. No pastor needs to pray for you as you need to pray for yourself and you should know that retrenching you from work is not the end of world. look in ward and discover what u are really meant to be in live. like me, i served my father  for so long while in and out of school. Then, it was like a punishment but now it did tot me never to work for anybody than myself and am not a rich man but more comfortable than so many working in big white collar offices. God bless you as move to a new life. BE A JOB CREATOR
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by mantote: 10:51am On Feb 19, 2012
Bros,go back for your masters degree.This will take you two years and I can assure you that you will get a lecturing job in no distant time cos of the proliferation of universities all requiring trained personnel.but you need to survive before then,I suggest you start some little trading or distributorship for say cocacola.the profit margin is not always much but you will surely get yours.meanwhile,open a microsavings account with same oceanic bank and use it for your daily lodgement of your sales proceeds.after 3 mnths,you can get a loan of upto 500,000 without collateral other than postdated cheques from a guarantor.and u can use this money to expand your business.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 19, 2012
Hi georgee all what they re saying changing of job not changing of sid
Am taiwo by name and i work wit a network marketing industry in Lagos if you can go with my wish i want 2 introduce you to my company  and i belive they wil accept you there try AND call me on this number on 07038763281 or my facebook id on Bobotea2009@yahoo.com
waitin 4 ur cal
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 19, 2012
you are lucky taht you got paid off it is not all the banks that do that kindly make good use of the money you have been paid dont lose hope life goes on smiley
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by motisharp: 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2012
Let's take a look at how ur 800k
can take care of you.
Accomodation: 100k
Relocation: 50k
Capital: 300k
Registeration: 25k
Wedn tns: 50k
Upkeep: 75k
Savings: 300k
Total: 800k

1. Relocate: leave ur present location, I suggest you move to Osun state,particularly Osogbo.You can get a comfortable 3bedroom flats for 100k. Light in Osogbo is also good and the town is cheap to live in.

2. Swallow ur pride: most of ds big names u hear today have gone thru dirty pasts with lots of deprivation and 'shame', yet people run to pay homage to them today 'cos of what they av made of themselves, believe u'll soon be there and know that ds is temporary.

3. Buy a cab: I assume u can drive. Buy a used car or mini-bus (for intra-city) for lyk 300k and paint it in the state taxi colour (8k for auto flex), complete all ur reg with RTEAN other regulators (25k).

4. How it works: Since u avnt done ds b4 and u r new in osogbo, you need to be tutored on how transport biz works and how to ply the routes. So you'll get a driver, they normally deliver 2k for a new minibus and btw 1k-1.5k on old buses . What you'll do is that you'll set out with him every morning sit infront of the cab, see how he carries d passengers, learn the routes,learn about fuel administration, learn about obtaining tickets n daily permits , learn all you can. And you still get lyk 2k delivery fee as u both park the bus each nyt. If you work 5 days in a week ds way, dats 10k each week n 40k a month.

5. Financial Freedom: By the start of the 3rd month, u shld start drivn on ur own, keep savn the 2k evryday wyl u use the xtra 1k (u make btw 3k to 4k in actual py daily). Work only 5 days and use ur saturday to maintain ur vehicle n relax with ur young family. Keep savn atleast 40k per month. The extra 1k or 2k u make daily will go a long way in meetn ur daily need so don't touch ur savns xcpt for smt very important.

6. Update: keep searchn for ur new jobs, buy Guardian Newspaper on Tuesday, go to the cybercafe or browse at home on wknds, make calls to old colleagues , do weekend courses, start ur Msc at OAU (weekend part-time), just keep developn urself. You can also start-up ur wife in a small biz, maybe she can start a food packaging (rebagging) ryt in ur living room and then sell.

7. GOD : reference GOD in all that you do,appreciate HIM, praise HIM and pray to HIM. I believe before this tym nxt year,u'll be very alryt, be far more comfortable and be equiped with better biz ideas and capital. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by brade: 4:55am On Feb 20, 2012
http://schoolintheus..com/ for Us scholarships for masters and Phd
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by blacklion(m): 5:38am On Feb 20, 2012
Georgee,

Beware of the numerous scammers on Nairaland who are out to dupe you of your severance pay. Do not lose what little you have left to those promising to hook you up to 'forex trading', 'business partnership' etc. Those are all scams.

Also be careful in sending out your CV to those who are requesting it. Many people on NL are un-/under-employed and they are just looking to 'dub' or 'copy and paste' from other people's CVs which are richer and more professionally formatted than theirs.

Some of the posters here are lowlifes who are envious of bankers and others that they deem as earning or having earned 'armed robber' salaries. Hence some of the malicious comments which may have irritated you. Some are mere teenagers or students, hence the immature and rude comments.

Also (as someone already pointed out) many of the people here on Nairaland are scammers, idlers or hustlers. Many have never earned a decent pay in their entire lives like what you had at Oceanic or ever had 800k in their possession. Read through the lines of the posters on this thread and be wise.

Pay your rent; it will cost you 300k plus to get a decent apartment anywhere in Lagos including Ikorodu or Ijanikin.

Your fiancee is already pregnant, go ahead and marry her but make it a very modest registry wedding.

Good luck with the job hunt.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by georgee(m): 8:15am On Feb 20, 2012
blacklion:

Georgee,

Beware of the numerous scammers on Nairaland who are out to dupe you of your severance pay. Do not lose what little you have left to those promising to hook you up to 'forex trading', 'business partnership' etc. Those are all scams.

Also be careful in sending out your CV to those who are requesting it. Many people on NL are un-/under-employed and they are just looking to 'dub' or 'copy and paste' from other people's CVs which are richer and more professionally formatted than theirs.

Some of the posters here are lowlifes who are envious of bankers and others that they deem as earning or having earned 'armed robber' salaries. Hence some of the malicious comments which may have
Pay your rent; it will cost you 300k plus to get a decent apartment anywhere in Lagos including Ikorodu or Ijanikin.

Your fiancee is already pregnant, go ahead and marry her but make it a very modest registry wedding.

Good luck with the job hunt.

Blacklion, u took the words out of my mouth, i read sme comments, i wonder if it was a 5-yr old that wrote it. Ur comment is ranked among the best few so far. So professional and encouraging, 1million thanx 2u bro. Wil share the testimony sooner than later.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by DonPedro21(m): 8:47am On Feb 20, 2012
@ poster

Honestly guy I prayed for you and here is another piece of advice.

You can turn the 800k to millions if only you or any of your relation have a land anywhere. All you need to do is to start fish farming. I have a friend who only started with 400k and now he will not even accept a 300k/month job.

Just get a book on fish farming all you need is there. please take this serious and in a year time you will come back to thank me.
Regard.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by golamike: 9:50am On Feb 20, 2012
If you know any intercontinental, Oceanic bank or any other bank staff that has recently lost their jobs, let them forward their CV to ridhohanzventures@yahoo.com with the title FIT 2012. A fast growing and dynamic international coy requires their services. All CV must be submitted latest by Fri 24th Feb 2012. Pls help re broadcast you could be saving so many lives.

Hope this would help. It is well, just trust in God. I was once in your shoes about 2 years ago, but i'm presently thanking God.
See it as a step to a greater position. WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by mikerob116(m): 10:01am On Feb 20, 2012
@ George,Please no self pity her.count your self lucky, calm down and think very well, cut down on your wedding expenses,because that 800k alone will just go for celebration of wedding if care is not taken.your folks will understand. before now there must be something you are passionate about but may
be you have got no time and resources but now is the time.800k is not too small to start something.
i pray the good God will open your eyes.
good luck
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by giftedmyst: 10:06am On Feb 20, 2012
Send ur cv to executivejobs41@yahoo.com or txt 08067601955 wif ya details. . .a consultin company is recruting retrentched bankers n nysc students
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by runsaway: 10:13am On Feb 20, 2012
my 2 cents

Accommodation

I dont like the idea of moving to cheaper accommodation cause your family is actually going to increase (new wife and baby).  I want to assume you have other savings/investments apart from the severance pay, you can also sell ur car and buy something cheaper & more fuel efficient to pay your rent instead of moving to cheaper accommodation . So go ahead renew ur rent and work with the remaining 500k

Work

I like the idea of the mechanic workshop and auto-part store - hire a couple of mechanics, electricians and panel beater and open a garage( their wages will be percentage based).  You dont have to do any of the dirty work but if your engineering is sound they wont be able to bu--sh--t  you.
You will be incharge of diagnosis, managing the guys who work in the workshop, customer relations and drawing business.

Farming too is a good idea - mechanized farming. Look into it - its serious money

Pregnant Madam

Dont just put wedding plan on hold, cancel it completely. Get your money back from as many vendors and aso ebi peddlers as possible and do a registry wedding instead.

Registry wedding shouldn't cost u more than 50k in all (25k for licenses and fees and settlement , explain ur situations to all those mamas who tax at the registry so they can slow down for you) and 25k for miscellaneous expenses.

------------------------------------------

Most important is that  you prepare your mind to make this a turning point in your life for better. Every decision you make from now on should be one that will make you look back on the sack as the best thing that ever happened to you. It is possible my brother - I have seen people who thank God that they were sacked a few years back. That will be your testimony too in Jesus Name. What wass meant for shame and dishonourwill be for rejoicing and honor in your life  - Amen
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by Aghalokpe(f): 10:34am On Feb 20, 2012
Be a man,d downfall of a man is not d end of his life.They ave said it all.Get a cheaper accomodation.Continue wit d wedding but on a low key,Registry advisable becos its d cheapest.Then take a good look at urself and think ask urself wat am i good at what can i do effortlessly dat can generate money or which skill do i possess dat can generate money if the answer is NONE get a copy of my mini book. A 101 BUSINESS YOU CAN DO.For further details contact me on rose_balogun@yahoo.com
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by Aghalokpe(f): 10:39am On Feb 20, 2012
Be a man,d downfall of a man is not d end of his life.They ave said it all.Get a cheaper accomodation.Continue wit d wedding but on a low key,Registry advisable becos its d cheapest.Then take a good look at urself and think ask urself wat am i good at what can i do effortlessly dat can generate money or which skill do i possess dat can generate money if the answer is NONE get a copy of my mini book. A 101 BUSINESS YOU CAN DO.For further details contact me on rose_balogun@yahoo.com
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by giftedmyst: 10:49am On Feb 20, 2012
Send cv to executivejobs41@yahoo.com
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by darqly(m): 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
@georgee, I received some other CVs and can't seem to find yours. Pls confirm u have the right email and pls drop your DOB here so I can easily pick yours based on that. Cheers.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by georgee(m): 1:25pm On Feb 20, 2012
darqly:

@georgee, I received some other CVs and can't seem to find yours. Pls confirm u have the right email and pls drop your DOB here so I can easily pick yours based on that. Cheers.

i sent my cv to darqly@gmail.com wit the subject georgee's cv frm nairaland. My DOB is 4th Nov 1981.
Kindly confirm. Waiting 4 ur response. Thanx
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by darqly(m): 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
The email is correct but oddly enough, I don't have it still!! And I've looked WELL. Try and forward again.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by georgee(m): 4:48pm On Feb 20, 2012
Darqly, av sent it a 3rd tym. Maybe u shuld give me ur yahoo mail
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by zobay(m): 6:13pm On Feb 21, 2012
@post, am sorry!!! However, i don want you to rush into a job with despiration, you may nt like it at the end of the day. Take ur time do nt go into any biz watsoever be it partnership or ur own or the likes-I AM SERIOUS not for you. You hv started well buy opening this thread job will surely come, even me too want to change job bt nt despirately cos,

Note if u are able to control ursef u will nt be despirate, u can sen ur CV anywhere and nobody will take advange of u.

Cheers.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by otokx(m): 7:33pm On Feb 21, 2012
Doing business is not easy so poster should first get a job then explore the business angle at least part time for a start.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by sovpounds(m): 4:03am On Feb 22, 2012
I am sorry Georgee, I feel your pain. I think the option that would be good for you is a steady means of income that you can get monthly. It is FREE and you would NEVER pay ANY money to ANY body at ANY time. Click the link in my signature.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by GeeeAdebiyi: 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2012
Hello i can see u were tryin to help that fellow.its very good.well i am also an a2w member.hope we can connect together to achieve dis financial freedom
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by DaddyDey: 8:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
Hi,just to contribute my little idea,first will align with one of the contributors that advised against renewing your rent age, that is the first bold step to survival under the present circumstance and make the marriage low keyed as to still conserve cash for for tasks ahead. As per job and survival strategies could be consulted on simple strategies on job/wealth creation and your fears will be put to rest and you will see your disengagement as a blessing,and will urge you to act fast. I could be reached on jobniche@gmail.com
I will be interested in your case since I believe that every Graduate in Nigeria today suppose to be an employer as against job seeker,this I hope to proof to you and others who still beg to apply just by redirecting them and making them to see millions of opportunities before them and how they can take advantage of them.
challenge me and you will be convinced.
Thanks,
Daddy Dey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Salary Vs Self Employment, Which Do You Prefer / 7 Reasons Nigerian Youth Are Highly Desperate For White Collar Jobs. / 15 Jobs You Can Do From Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.