Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,080 members, 7,957,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:07 AM

Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently (25470 Views)

I Got A Job Recently.need Your Advice Urgently / My Job Interview Experience Today / How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by kizito96(m): 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2012
Your write up did not attract enough sympathy as you envisaged. Most people on Nairaland have never seen the type of money they paid you as severance package. You must have worked for some time to have saved some money. This forum is a place for sharing sincere views, not an a Charity Organization.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by Kunexy: 6:41pm On Feb 18, 2012
Bro they ve said it all but as for me all u need is to move 2 God not even turning 2 him cos he knows what we humans dnt know. And he said come unto me all that are heavy laden he will surely give u rest. I am talking from experience i lost my job with zenith since july last here as a system administrator, with all my aggressive search i am still at home with a wife and a baby but all i can tell u is dat it has been God all the way and he will surely bring us back on our feet. Pray like never b4 he will make a way 4 u.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2012
Let's raise money for op to pay his rent and marry. be ur brothers keeper. Lets also raise capital for him to start biz. We have a charity on NL.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by georgee(m): 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2012
wow am so thrilled wt positive responses trooping in. 1000000tanks. @sweet-pawn, kisses for u if u ar a lady. Kudos to u if u ar a guy. Am nt even feeling depressed. How can i afta readn frm al of u.
@Darqly, boradmen, dokunbam, and Abu$m. I jst 4warded my CV. Hoping God wil see us tru. Am yearning 4 great testimony concerning my issue. Honestly speaking, wuld luv to see most of u attend my wedding. Eniyan l'aso mi, People ar my cloth/cover-up. Tnx y'all. My mum is aware. My fiancee wrks in uba. She's stil wrkn wt hr ond earnin 46k. She hs stopped crying and showinm me love than eva. My baby is also kicking. Lolz. U guys av made my day.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by ayox2003: 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2012
**sighs**taking notes**pondering anew**
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by fyneguy: 7:02pm On Feb 18, 2012
Hello George,

You may send your CV to me, if you are interested in working in a small microfinance bank on  Lagos Island.

Depending on your experience and personality, salary is between N50k and N120k per month.

drop your email address or phone number - I will send you my email address.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by espiritdav(m): 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2012
o you know any Intercontinental, Oceanic bank or any other bank staff that have recently lost their jobs, let them forward their CV to ridhohanzventures@yahoo.com with the title FIT 2012. A fast growing and dynamic international coy requires their services. All CV must be submitted latest Fri 24th Feb 2012.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by member67023: 7:11pm On Feb 18, 2012
bro george,
No shaking. No fear. The oceanic job or any job is not the end of life.
Do not worry about what you DO NOT HAVE but analyse what you DO HAVE.
If you went through the 4 walls of a university (an engineer), worked in a bank for a period of time (a banker), then you have all the training, experience and knowledge to start up a company and employ people.

Go to Aba, you will see lots of folks that do not have half of what you have. and they are making it big time.

Marry your sweetheart (low-keyed). After all, the pregnancy is a ticking clock, you cannot put the baby on hold.
Prepare and package your business idea/goods/services and sell yourself.
Keep looking for a job, but get busy doing something.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by dhalizm: 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2012
So touching.

Which area of Lagos do you live and do you have any practical experience n your are of study apart from banking?
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by tlops(m): 7:40pm On Feb 18, 2012
It is well!
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by georgee(m): 7:45pm On Feb 18, 2012
@fynguy thejawando@yahoo.com
dhalizm:

So touching.

Which area of Lagos do you live and do you have any practical experience n your are of study apart from banking?
i live in surulere lagos. I read an engr. Course but i purely banking experience in foreign operations.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by jamesbellu: 8:10pm On Feb 18, 2012
Georgee,

Sorry about what happened.My opinion is this-first of all thank God for what just happened to you.
It could have been worse.I want you to see a positive side to your current situation.Its a temporary setback.
You will bounce back,even better it all depends on YOU.its time to rejoice and ask God who created you,the next step
you need to pray and have faith and trust in him ,cause He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.
Its a turning point in your life,it depends on YOU still to see it that way.I dont know your level of committment to God.But its time to submit to him.

This year its only GOD that will help everybody,things are happening globally.Its only those who work with God that will sail through.

For me,ill suggest that you go ahead with your marriage,because in the first place its a union that is sustained by God,not by human calculation or income.You didnt mention that you had some savings for marriage or rent before you were sacked.Pay your rent,trust in God,put yourself on a salary of mybe 20kmonthly to tidy up feeding and running around,clear all fears in your heart cause they wont allow you hear from God,pray with your wife and trust God together.Lastly give your life to christ if you have not done so.

Pray and that thing God drops in your heart do it.All is well with you.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by chinnyonwu(m): 8:14pm On Feb 18, 2012
I think the first step is to lock ur self in a room, cry very hard , and wallow in self pity all you want. Then come out with a resolve to face the situation squarely. Remove regrets, draw up a plan (it could be a little job, or cutting down ur rent or starting a business or whatever) stick to the plan and don't try to keep up with the Jonses. The time would surely come and u'll become a Jones yourself. IJN. Amen
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by akin33(m): 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2012
I steady education, ever since then, d places i worked as a teacher did nt pay me more thank 10k. I left and apply 4 a farm manager where i earn 20k wt no allowance and bonus. 20k was nt ok 4 me and my 3 kids. I resigned without any hope. Same Month, God bless my family wt 500k unexpectedly and no biz i can do wt it that will gv me overnite turnover, i now use 200k to buy a car which i use 2 plight Shagamu 2 Lag. I save 2000 daily after family and fuel expenses. At times, people hire me & and pay well, like 7k to 10k. So, man, brace up and think wise man. There biz u can do wt litle capital
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by fizanos(m): 8:23pm On Feb 18, 2012
Georgee my guy! Hope madam is now doing great now? Don't let this lil problem disturb our "unborn president o",

My advice for u;

1. Pray & Move on
The first thing you ought to do is to leave the luggage of your past behind. All of us, at some point in life, have faced the fears which have arisen out of our past deeds. All of us harbor the time bygone within us and the memories of it are not always rosy. Thus, shed the inhibitions of the time gone by and take lessons from it. Move forward with the renewed vigor of experience and learning.

2. Start A Business
I pray you get another job ASAP to ease things but, have in mind you need to start yours. Make plans act on it. >> ( 20 “Must Read” Articles on Entrepreneurship to Help you Get Started with your Startup)

3. Talk to yourself
There is nothing better than being your own friend. This does not just reduce the need of foreign help but it also drastically cuts down the feeling of being sympathized with. Share all your problems with your soul. Look for solutions in your mind. Treat your body with good food and keep it healthy with exercise. The more you fall in love with yourself, the more you will begin to appreciate the world around you.

4. Share this with madam and I'm sure our "unborn President" will enjoy it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by alkaline: 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2012
Guy its not easy but in life never let anytin down, 500k can ß̍̍̊ξ used to start up å̝̅ life ok
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by violent(m): 8:31pm On Feb 18, 2012
kizito96:

Your write up did not attract enough sympathy as you envisaged. Most people on Nairaland have never seen the type of money they paid you as severance package. You must have worked for some time to have saved some money. This forum is a place for sharing sincere views, not an a Charity Organization.

You're just a sad and disturbed fellow.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by KOMBE: 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2012
The 800k should be spent wisely by starting a good business. Please do not use 300k to pay for your rent. Just move to a one room appartment which is below 100k and start afresh. Cut your coat according to you size. All the best.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by never2late: 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] @ the poster ,  God know best and my little advise to you  is to pay your house rent  first  by been positive u will definately scaled through b4  end of this year, keep on pray to Allmight God because he has a good package for you. do ur wedding on low key and carry ur wife along .Best of luck.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by andyanders: 8:41pm On Feb 18, 2012
@ georgee

My brother, it's a pity for loosing your job. I pray that God provides another one for you considering the situation of your wife right now.
Well, I thank God that you were at least paid severance fee of about 800k plus. That amount is something and also its nothing all compared to one's life style. Having to stay in an apartment of 300k, you must have been staying cool depending on the area.

I don't know how long you have been working with the bank before your present situation. I want you to learn from this situation of yours and note also that ONLY you that can help yourself in life hence we plan ahead with any little thing that enters into our hands by saving towards a raining season. When you picked up your job with a bank, instead of picking an apartment of 300k, you should have gone to get a plot of land as you can secure soft loan from your bank to be able to get a piece of land to start erecting something for yourself , many of you prefer a car and good apartment than facing reality. It does not take anything to get a 3 bedroom apartment to start life with.

My mechanic, my generator mechanic now got their own apartment because I encouraged them to to that when they approached me that they wanted to rent my BQ. I advised them to use that money to get half a plot of land of which they did. Now, they got their own houses. Even one of them has gotten 2 houses now. I have encouraged most of my friends and anybody that cares to get their own property. I once encouraged an Okada rider to be saving 1,500 naira everyday and after about a year, he has gotten himself a plot of land and but up ten rooms and rented others out while he stays in a 2 room self contained.

I pray that you learn from this situation and if you are wise, you can even start something with the 500k. 500k is lot of money if you are wise.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by andyanders: 8:46pm On Feb 18, 2012
@ georgee

My brother, it's a pity for loosing your job. I pray that God provides another one for you considering the situation of your wife right now.
Well, I thank God that you were at least paid severance fee of about 800k plus. That amount is something and also its nothing all depends on one's life style. Having to stay in an apartment of 300k, you must have been staying cool depending on the area.

I don't know how long you have been working with the bank before your present situation. I want you to learn from this situation of yours and note also that ONLY you that can help yourself in life hence we plan ahead with any little thing that enters into our hands by saving towards a raining season. When you picked up your job with a bank, instead of picking an apartment of 300k, you should have gone to get a plot of land as you can secure soft loan from your bank to be able to get a piece of land to start erecting something for yourself , many of you prefer a car and good apartment than facing reality. It does not take anything to get a 3 bedroom apartment to start life with.

My mechanic, my generator mechanic now got their own apartment because I encouraged them to to that when they approached me that they wanted to rent my BQ. I advised them to use that money to get half a plot of land of which they did. Now, they got their own houses. Even one of them has gotten 2 houses now. I have encouraged most of my friends and anybody that cares to get their own property. I once encouraged an Okada rider to be saving 1,500 naira everyday and after about a year, he has gotten himself a plot of land and but up ten rooms and rented others out while he stays in a 2 room self contained.

I pray that you learn from this situation and if you are wise, you can even start something with the 500k. 500k is lot of money if you are wise.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by Omexonomy: 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2012
After loosing my i bought engine and stated milling pepper and beans initialy i was shy but now i am doing big
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by madprof(m): 8:56pm On Feb 18, 2012
Guy, why you sef go dey give belle when you neva even marry?
I suggest you go ahead with your marriage if & only if you can keep it below N50,000.00
Look for a much cheaper house. Think carefully of something profitable you can do with your money and keep searching for another job while you're at it. What you finally do is up to you, no one knows your strengths better than yourself. Good luck, man.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by beespak7(m): 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2012
@ georgie

While you are looking for another job, i will advice that you marry your woman even if its a small introduction and a low keyed court wedding with few family members in attendance. Since you said she is 3months pregnant it will be bad to have your baby outside wedlock. wish you best of luck in your seach for a new job.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by rollout40(m): 9:06pm On Feb 18, 2012
If you know any intercontinental, Oceanic bank or any other bank staff that has resently lost their jobs, let them forward their CV to ridhohanzventures@yahoo.com with the title FIT 2012. A fast growing and dynamic international coy requires their services. All CV must be submitted latest by Fri 24th Feb 2012. Pls help re broadcast you could be saving so many lives
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by yemobrown(m): 9:18pm On Feb 18, 2012
Do not give up my friend, God will surely provide for you.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by agubata111: 9:47pm On Feb 18, 2012
man u r very lucky. 800k is more than enough to start anything u want. Some women were given 5k each in my church d other day to start smthn. Nd they were in tears of joy.
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by wealth123: 9:50pm On Feb 18, 2012
Read this carefully and prayerfully:

I have a good proposal for you: CEMENT TRADING WITH 300 BAGS OF CEMENT

I am a distributor of Dangote Cement and am ready to teach you for free how you can make cool money in cement business.

Most Nigerians will not teach you how they are making it but i am here to help. I will open your eyes and show you how to do this business with peace of mind and be your own boss.

I was among those that were asked to resign in one of the Banks some years back and through God's help i stumbled on this business and i can say without any iota of doubt that it is a good business and the right time to start is now.

The question is why now? Answer:  Dangote just built the largest Cement Plant in Africa and he needs you and i to distribute the cement to end users that are waiting eagerly with their cash to buy. He controls over 80% of the market and Government people are his friends so policy will always favour him. Also, he has two other plants: OBAJANA in KOGI and GBOKO in Benue.

God has favoured me that i can take my truck to any of this plants (as a distributor) and get cement out cheap, add my own margin and sell. I cannot do it alone, i need people like you to form a formidable NETWORK of cement distributors and retailers or transporters. Together we can bring down the price of cement drastically and impact people's life drastically as they can build their dream homes at minimal cost.

Banks are willing to help him succeed because if he fails some of them will die automatically becos they financed the $1billion plant. Let us join hands together and form our own LEGAL CEMENT DISTRIBUTION CABAL with our savings.

My people fellow ex bankers if you do not have enough money now, i will teach you how to raise money by selling some of your assets like Land or Car to start this business because if you don't OMO ONILE will collect the land from you due to your inability to develop it. Also, that Jeep you are cruising around will need money for maintenance and will soon turn to OLD SCHOOL. so sell them and raise money for your cement business and come to me for a chat.

Although there are challenges to confront as in all businesses there are mitigants and by God's grace and prayers you will SUCCEED IN JESUS NAME (AMEN)

Call me only if you are ready: 08082083126. OR e-mail: wealthhunters@yahoo.com

I DO NOT NEED YOUR MONEY PLEASE IT IS FREE ALL YOU NEED IS PASSION FOR CEMENT TRADING OR CEMENT HAULAGE. NO TIME WASTERS PLEASE ONLY THOSE WHO ARE READY TO START THE BUSINESS NOW.

IF YOU STILL NEED YOUR WIFE'S APPROVAL PLEASE DON'T COME GET THE APPROVAL BEFORE YOU SEE ME.
====
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by LagBlogger(m): 10:01pm On Feb 18, 2012
OP, this is my humble contribution.

1. Move into a cheaper apartment that costs say 100k a year

2. Rent a shop with 200k for 2 years and stock it with provisions people will surely buy with another 300k

3. You can then either employ someone to sell stuff for you or man the place while you search for another job

4. Ignore all those gurus that want to teach you how to make plenty of money quickly, they will dupe you.

5. Go ahead with your marriage plans just make it a low key thing.

Goodluck
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by madprof(m): 10:06pm On Feb 18, 2012
wealth123:

Read this carefully and prayerfully:

I have a good proposal for you: CEMENT TRADING WITH 300 BAGS OF CEMENT

I am a distributor of Dangote Cement and am ready to teach you for free how you can make cool money in cement business.

Most Nigerians will not teach you how they are making it but i am here to help. I will open your eyes and show you how to do this business with peace of mind and be your own boss.

I was among those that were asked to resign in one of the Banks some years back and through God's help i stumbled on this business and i can say without any iota of doubt that it is a good business and the right time to start is now.

The question is why now? Answer:  Dangote just built the largest Cement Plant in Africa and he needs you and i to distribute the cement to end users that are waiting eagerly with their cash to buy. He controls over 80% of the market and Government people are his friends so policy will always favour him. Also, he has two other plants: OBAJANA in KOGI and GBOKO in Benue.

God has favoured me that i can take my truck to any of this plants (as a distributor) and get cement out cheap, add my own margin and sell. I cannot do it alone, i need people like you to form a formidable NETWORK of cement distributors and retailers or transporters. Together we can bring down the price of cement drastically and impact people's life drastically as they can build their dream homes at minimal cost.

Banks are willing to help him succeed because if he fails some of them will die automatically becos they financed the $1billion plant. Let us join hands together and form our own LEGAL CEMENT DISTRIBUTION CABAL with our savings.

My people fellow ex bankers if you do not have enough money now, i will teach you how to raise money by selling some of your assets like Land or Car to start this business because if you don't OMO ONILE will collect the land from you due to your inability to develop it. Also, that Jeep you are cruising around will need money for maintenance and will soon turn to OLD SCHOOL. so sell them and raise money for your cement business and come to me for a chat.

Although there are challenges to confront as in all businesses there are mitigants and by God's grace and prayers you will SUCCEED IN JESUS NAME (AMEN)

Call me only if you are ready: 08082083126. OR e-mail: wealthhunters@yahoo.com

I DO NOT NEED YOUR MONEY PLEASE IT IS FREE ALL YOU NEED IS PASSION FOR CEMENT TRADING OR CEMENT HAULAGE. NO TIME WASTERS PLEASE ONLY THOSE WHO ARE READY TO START THE BUSINESS NOW.

IF YOU STILL NEED YOUR WIFE'S APPROVAL PLEASE DON'T COME GET THE APPROVAL BEFORE YOU SEE ME.
====

Guy, na for every thread you dey sell dis ya cement? cheesy
Re: Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently by success4(m): 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2012
At OP:

I don't pray that you get a new job. This is in deed a wake up call for you if you are serious about what just befell you.
One of my ex-student came to me two years ago, jubilation that he got a job at  DIAMOND BANK, my first question to
him was '' when will you resign''? He was shocked!  

If you get another job, who told you that same scenario won't happen? I don't need to divulge my private live
on this forum to you, but with what you have, you can START something. Some guys have given you great ideas
and I will like to mention those points again:

1. Ignore paying 300k for rent at the moment considering your present state
2.If you have not done that ''thing'' I would have suggested you ignore marriage for now,
but since you had tasted it, go ahead with cut expenses. You don't even need big marriage
as she is loaded already cheesy
3.Look for problem around your area or in Lagos, provide solutions, and you will smile to bank.
4.Open a thread on how to start a lucrative business with 350k, I will contribute and share a lot of insight through it.(It will be a troll sharing it on this thread)
5.Never pity yourself as that will KILL your inner man.

PS: Please be careful at sending out your CV to people on NL, not everyone has sincere motive. Be WARNED!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality / 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? / 5 Statements That Can Destroy Your Job Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.