Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Does Islam Promote Violence? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does Islam Promote Violence? (2539 Views)

Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? / What Does Islam Teach About 'Luck'? / Does Islam Promote Violence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by vedaxcool(m): 12:35pm On Feb 23, 2012
FXKing2012:

@LagosShia, first I would like to to thank you for taking time to tackle every point made in the post without using abusive language. I respect that.

Now regarding your post, I would like to say that it was quite defensive. You were simply out to defend the violent actions of Muslims by either claiming they are not real Muslims or they are being sponsored by the west. It's like me coming out to say all the crimes committed by Christians during the Spanish Inquisition were committed by people who only claimed to be Christians, but that they were not real Christians. Who would I be deceiving by making such a comment - myself!

Thanks for your honesty, but I will like to ask, since they (the church etc) were real Christians, then would u agree that Christianity promotes violence and torture. thank you
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by olasesi(m): 11:39pm On Feb 23, 2012
FXKing2012:

In your post about all the recent religious conflicts, did you notice that only 4 had the involvement of Christians while 20 involved Muslims fighting with members of other religions. Can u explain why this is so?

what is this?
are u offering us a draw?
below is a similitude of our discussion

xtian:why is it that muslims are always the suicide bombers,causing wars,chaos,violence and bloodshed in our world?
muslim:no,muslims are not the only ones involved,there are xtians too.
xtian:no,there are not.
muslim:then see this newspaper in my hand.it has the list of wars with religious dimensions,
xtian:OK, i see it but the wars of the xtians are not as many as the muslims' ,

IN CHESS JARGON we say, the xtian offerred a DRAW.
well,DRAW accepted
there have been xtian terrorists too though more islamic terrorists than we av of xtian,
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by olasesi(m): 12:19am On Feb 24, 2012
FXKing2012:

In your post about all the recent religious conflicts, did you notice that only 4 had the involvement of Christians while 20 involved Muslims fighting with members of other religions. Can u explain why this is so?
Can u explain why Muslims find it hard to live peaceably with others and why they are always involved in the "riots"?

PREJUDICE can be a very great thing
it makes us see only what we want to see.
in fact, it can make 10 bcom 4 and 19 become 20.

HOW DID U ARRIVE AT 20.?
obviously, all the sects of islam in that list,the sunnites,shiites of number 6,14,22 were all seen as muslims by the OP.he counted everything islamic,
FINE.
let's begin counting for the muslim wars.
no 2,4,6,7,9,10,11,12,13,14,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24, and it totals 19,
and now to the xtian wars,
mr OP said it numbered 4, hmmmmm a jaundiced view,
in this case,he was less careful while counting
he did not consider the coptic,the roman catholics,protestants,orthodox etc as branches of xtianity, so he arrived at 4
now let us begin counting
no 1,2,3,4,5,11,15,16,18,19 and so it totals 10,

Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by olasesi(m): 12:28am On Feb 24, 2012
this time, xtians appear more in the list,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prostrating/kneeling/bowing to Other Than Allaah for Veneration / Nobody Can Corrupt The Bible / Terminologies Like Shiites Muslim, Sufi Muslim, Sunni Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.