Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (115155 Views)

Poll: Is self-service a sin?

Yes: 68% (73 votes)
No: 19% (21 votes)
I don't know: 11% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by werepeLeri: 8:35am On Feb 20, 2012
musKeeto:

If you can, ignore werepeleri. No man of honour fights with a mad man.

No no no - your entire siblings are the mad ones. have you forgotten?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 20, 2012
Joagbaje:

No,

If you have a point prove it or teach it.  Don't ask me any question. Insultive people don't have good questions.

2 Timothy 2:23
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Please dont run away. christian visitors are depending on you to explain why it is not a sin from the bible view point. or do you want them to listen to me? do you want me to lead them astray?

its just a simple Q&A session. i wont be rude and all my questions will be very polite, if you just humble yourself. ok?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 20, 2012
Men of honor will always have their profile viewed by mad men :-),

So JO, where were we?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 20, 2012
something fishy going on here
well pastor i'm waiting
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 8:39am On Feb 20, 2012
musKeeto:

Uncle JOe, if you say self-service and thinking are two different things, no verse from any HOly scripture in the world will be sufficient to convince you 'self-service' is a sin. I don't believe it's a sin like I explained earlier, but that's my view, I stated earlier my views aren't biblical. The differnce between both of us is you claim to have Biblical verses to support that. Goshen has explained why it's a sin from a Biblical point of view. I can't do better than that.

Goshen didn't explain anything . The bible didn't make reference to maturbation. The only reference to it is in the old testament law. God says if the sperm touches a cloth or a man . He should bath and remain unclean till evening.

All the scripture he quoted doesn't relate to it.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by werepeLeri: 8:40am On Feb 20, 2012
Even evil people, devil incarnate, they run here to talk ras against people who serve God.

Why dont you stick to your devil rather than talking against those who serve God.

Serve your master the devil and leave others to serve their God.

Your opinion does not matter. So, keep mute.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 20, 2012
JO, have you ever masturbated? Let's stop beating around the bush,
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 20, 2012
Iggy button activated.

@Pastor Joe

i'm waiting.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 20, 2012
this should be an homepage topic
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by werepeLeri: 8:47am On Feb 20, 2012
JOAGBAJE

Why do you bother? God does not seek or need their opinion or anyone's else.

Why not leave everyone to their own mind?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 8:50am On Feb 20, 2012
Don't get personal with me, if you have something to teach or contribute, do it and leave it there.
The question is ' is it a sin against GOd, prove it and leave joagbaje out of the matter.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 9:02am On Feb 20, 2012
werepeLeri:

JOAGBAJE

Why do you bother? God does not seek or need their opinion or anyone's else.

Why not leave everyone to their own mind?

Thank you jare, I wonder   why people can't just discuss or pass there point across in a civic way. I've been waiting for them to prove it biblically. Is it a sin against GOd or not. for me there are several habit that people have; it could be drinking habit, drug habit, eating habit, smoking habit etc, that does not necessarily make it a sin against GOd. But if anybody feel it is a sin against GOd, show from scriptures. And not from personal assumption.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 20, 2012
I wonder. If you havnt masturbated, why say one can do it without thinking? If you have masturbated, i would like to know if you ejaculate without thinking?

Difficult to circumvent this question? Dont play the victim card. I dont care about your private life, but I do know more men masturbate than care to admit,
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 20, 2012
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by BroPee: 9:37am On Feb 20, 2012
Shalom

Colossians 3:17 "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."

If with all reverence for God and in the presence of His holy angels and His Bible, If you can do it in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and give glory to Him, go ahead. Otherwise its a sin as it is.

Amazingly, pple professing the Holy Spirit say and approve of such things.

Pliz do not condem Pst Chris. He said what he thinks is right. We are all entitled to our opinions but check it against the Word.

Make your contributions in love
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Knight1(m): 9:42am On Feb 20, 2012
@JO
I'll like to understand what you mean by "unclean".
Is it physical uncleanness like not washing your hands, feet, body etc or uncleanness of the mind?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Image123(m): 10:09am On Feb 20, 2012
@Jo
Oops, running. I recall asking "Jo, what makes it a bad habit?" and you said
It's the indecency. And it's a sign of dominion of the flesh. When flesh rules a person.
I thought your explanation already qualifies the act as a sin? What is 'indecency', please define?[edit. o, nl's says 'por.n' is indecency. Is por.n just an unclean act that should not be too much?] Is por.nography indecency? When is indecency ever a sin?
Is it okay for the flesh to rule over a person? Cos you've just said that mastu.rbation is Just the flesh ruling over a person. Is a christian supposed to indulge self or deny self daily. I almost can't believe i'm discussing this with your person. You rarely surprise me, but this also?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dare2think: 10:22am On Feb 20, 2012
According to God's PR Man,Mr Chris;

', its got nothing to do with God, Its all about you and your Body'

According to Mr Chris' PR man,  Mr Jo.

'It is an unclean habit . But it is not a sin against God.'

The confusion in these statements is beyond any manner of expression.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 20, 2012
And on another thread both would quote 'your body is the temple of Christ, it belongs to HIm, , but when there's lux, its yours. Just do it without thinking,'

HOw can you call something a habit and still take 'thinking' out of it, so people can smoke without thinking?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 10:47am On Feb 20, 2012
I will tie it up properly for him when I wake up with bible verses as Mr Jo wants us to prove it as if na rocket science we dey talk about here. However, I hope my other Christians will be able to explain to Mr Jo n Chris that masturbatio.n is a sin.

@ musKeeto, thank you for the above point.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 20, 2012
dont mind pastor jo. he thinks i dont know he is the same werepeleri. this guy has a grave multiple personality disorder.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 11:03am On Feb 20, 2012
diluminati:

dont mind pastor jo. he thinks i dont know he is the same werepeleri. this guy has a grave multiple personality disorder.

Lwkmd o. I wan sleep but I no fit. Madam diluminati, make you no wound me wif laf o.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by mcnepow(m): 11:05am On Feb 20, 2012
I just watched the video, ,. na wa oooo. So luxing is allowed in Christ Embassy??
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Ignatio(m): 11:19am On Feb 20, 2012
No offence but Pastor Jo is a product of a successful brainwash. Don't blame him sha.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 11:30am On Feb 20, 2012
@image 123

Image123:

@Jo
Oops, running. I recall asking "Jo, what makes it a bad habit?" and you saidI thought your explanation already qualifies the act as a sin? What is 'indecency',

There  are several habit that are not good but might not necessarily be a sin against GOd. For instance; gambling, overeating, smoking, and several other habits that people cultivate, like people drinking their urine and all, despite the fact that they are not good, they are not sins against GOd and GOd would not send them to hell for it.

Is it okay for the flesh to rule over a person? Cos you've just said that mastu.rbation is Just the flesh ruling over a person. Is a christian supposed to indulge self or deny self daily.

The issue with the flesh is, when a person is yielded to the flesh, he suppress the dominion of the spirit  and by that, the person starts dieing to spiritual things But the more a person works in the spirit , the lesser the dominion of the flesh. So that is the danger of yielding to a fleshly rule. Thats why we fast, to exercise dominion over the flesh, and that is one of the best ways to break a bad  habit is by fasting with the Word of God.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dare2think: 11:32am On Feb 20, 2012
Joagbaje:

@image 123

There  are several habit that are not good but might not necessarily be a sin against GOd. For instance; gambling, overeating, smoking, and several other habits that people cultivate, like people drinking their urine and all, despite the fact that they are not good, they are not sins against GOd and GOd would not send them to hell for it.

Mr Jo, pls make up your mind.

However, on a serious note. Do you know every intimate activity is preceded with a brain activity just like any other reflexes in the body. One cannot just start mastubati.ing without a precursor to trigger the activity. Do you agree?

Or is it different according to 'spiritual principles'?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Micuilles: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2012
1COR 2:6 we speak wisdom among them that are perfect (mature).

Heb 5:14 strong meat belong to them that are of full age.

@ JO,

There are some info you keep away from children so they don't go mad. We know that SMOKING for instance is a bad habit & not expected of christians, but the Bible never called it a sin in itself. On the issue in question, it takes a mature mind to understand the info being passed.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by alienkind: 12:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
make una wait till judgement day grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2012
What even shocked me most is his declaration that its your body and God has no business with our body, haba Pastor Chris: Know ye not that your body is the temple of the holy spirit? Any one who destroys the temple of God God will also destroy. Hmmmm. I am in shock
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;1st Corinthians 6: 19:

12 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.”[b] 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.[c]
18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Joabagje, dont let a man led you to hell oh, the bible is clear on this
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by chiteny(m): 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2012
'@^% Vomits $$*^&

angryI have watched this video a few months back. I played it over and over again to be sure i was hearing right and each time i played it i vomited profusely. Sometimes i don't know if i will stop telling people that i am a Christian because of acts and teachings like these that cannot separate us from the non-Christians. But what can i do? I will keep telling people i am a Christian and speak up to condemn teachings like this every time i hear them.

Eddy1977, Joagbaje and the other cohorts, i am disgustingly disenchanted by you guys. I guess if your pastor says if one has to get to heaven one must believe and receive him as Lord and saviour, you will defend and go with him.

I guess those in the habit (after being born again like you Oga Oyaks claims) of killing, fornicating, committing adultery, coveting, etc are not sinning but just need to try to drop the[b] bad habit[/b].
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by chiteny(m): 1:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
#*&^$ Vomits again at the thought of this teaching(*"#&$

If i commit a sin and someone tells me i sin, i feel bad and ask for pardon. But when i sin and someone says don't feel bad, you did nothing wrong, you don't only kill my conscience, you kill me (not just the physical me but the spiritual me for eternity). cry

&**% Shakes head and asks $^!^. Is there any word more downgrading than disappointment? angry
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by FXKing2012(m): 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
dare2think:

According to God's PR Man,Mr Chris;

', its got nothing to do with God, Its all about you and your Body'

According to Mr Chris' PR man,  Mr Jo.

'It is an unclean habit . But it is not a sin against God.'

The confusion in these statements is beyond any manner of expression.
diluminati:

Please dont run away. christian visitors are depending on you to explain why it is not a sin from the bible view point. or do you want them to listen to me? do you want me to lead them astray?
its just a simple Q&A session. i wont be rude and all my questions will be very polite, if you just humble yourself. ok?

Only what you do and has a bad effect or is harmful to your body or others is bad. Is mastur.bation harmful to the body or others? NO! So how can it be a sin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.