Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,606 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (115174 Views)

Poll: Is self-service a sin?

Yes: 68% (73 votes)
No: 19% (21 votes)
I don't know: 11% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by FXKing2012(m): 9:47pm On Feb 20, 2012
I hear so much hate and ignorance flying about here but I'm yet to see anyone prove from the Bible that mastur-bation is a sin.
I've already made it clear that you can mastur-bate without involving your mind thus not defiling your mind. Mastur-bation only becomes a sin when you entertain erotic thoughts while master-bating.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 20, 2012
the msgs from the video are as true as life, if you don't like it then stop it, point blank. it has nothing to do with god, point blank, it is a habit just like other human habits, point blank.
guys i mean we don't need another human to verify for us what is good or bad. use ur mind people. it is all about mind over matter. if you mind it matters but if you don't mind then it doesn't matter. this is the simplest reality any free human should know. anyway, religion is all about mind control of the masses that is why humas today still  depend on a man-written erroneous history book for guidance.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2012
Masturbation is not a sin and is not immoral.

kiss kiss kiss What's wrong in loving, knowing and exploring ourselves?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by kheart(m): 9:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
i dont blame him remember many popes are homosexual.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 20, 2012
FXKing2012:

I hear so much hate and ignorance flying about here but I'm yet to see anyone prove from the Bible that mastur-bation is a sin.
I've already made it clear that you can mastur-bate without involving your mind thus not defiling your mind. Mastur-bation only becomes a sin when you entertain Intimate thoughts while master-bating.

If i say you are a born-fool i mean it. a real fool meant for the dust bin. you should have come as a waste. i pity who gave birth to you  tongue read goshen's post and see the proof nonsense!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by chiteny(m): 9:55pm On Feb 20, 2012
I've already made it clear that you can mastur-bate without involving your mind thus not defiling your mind. Mastur-bation only becomes a sin when you entertain Intimate thoughts while master-bating.

So normally, you can think of Jesus, Jehovah, heaven and the host of angels while masturbating? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by kheart(m): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2012
i dont blame him remember many popes are homosexual.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2012
pastor joe agbaje don abandon thread oh. him nor wan spoil him name. So werediot don take over. pastor joe agbaje you are a disgrace to christianity. please where's my dil do  tongue kiss
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by chiteny(m): 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2012
I must say I find your comment a little bizzare. How cld u suggest lying, cheating, fornication and adultery are not harmful to you or others?

1) Lying: It is harmful to the person being lied to cos he/she is being led to alter his/her decision which may have a profound impact on the person's life;

2)Cheating: Again this is another form of lie which leads to deception. This may also cause u to bring home diseases to your partner, so it is very harmful both to u and ur partner.

3) Fornication is harmful cos it aids the spread of diseases. It also exposes the little ones to immoral acts.

4) Adultery again falls under cheating and lying. You could bring home diseases and your partner is being made to believe a lie which is very harmful
to ur partner.

So these are sins, unlike the case with mastur.bation

So i guess if one uses condoms agiainst any disease or if both partners involved int eh act dont have any disease, then no one is hurt but just enjoy the pleasure of it, thus its no sin right? undecided

Masturbation does not expose any little ones to immoral acts right? undecided Why can't you come out int the open to do it if it is so moral.?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by vortehx(f): 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2012
I see now. And I was wondering what all that oil that's in his hair is for.

You people suppose try understand sha. Him wife dey Britain, him dey Nigeria.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2012
vortehx:

I see now. And I was wondering what all that oil that's in his hair is for.

You people suppose try understand sha. Him wife dey Britain, him dey Nigeria.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-rptASenIBBI/TZBfrC3JXyI/AAAAAAAAAiQ/ppj9AiVWoKU/s640/funny+animals+012.jpg[/img]
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dkc(m): 10:16pm On Feb 20, 2012
Self-service i believe is pleasurable to those who practice it. everyday we strive towards pleasing God by trying to avoid sinful acts or things that won't please God. if it's now not a sin against God, then this should be good news for masturbators wink
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by humblebee: 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
im so confused after reading all these comments, most arguing against the pastors statement are not giving enough to prove its actually a sin,
the same way i heard a Bishop say head is not a sin, same as bl0wjob as long as you're doing it with your partner. its between both of you since you became one and you should do what you like to please each other,  then he didnt say anything about ana-l. that shouldn't be a sin too since its not stated in the bible where d rod should go into,

back to self-service; if both claims above are classified as no sin against God then i think pastor has a point, the fact that you dont like it or see it as disgusting doesnt make it a sin.
argue with points and leave the messenger out of this,

very funny but complicated
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dkc(m): 10:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
991:

the msgs from the video are as true as life, if you don't like it then stop it, point blank. it has nothing to do with god, point blank, it is a habit just like other human habits, point blank.
guys i mean we don't need another human to verify for us what is good or bad. use ur mind people. it is all about mind over matter. if you mind it matters but if you don't mind then it doesn't matter. this is the simplest reality any free human should know. anyway, religion is all about mind control of the masses that is why humas today still  depend on a man-written erroneous history book for guidance.

Dat means i won't mind when committing adultery, fornication, murder, etc grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Chongaiman: 10:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
Religion - the greatest opiate. I'd wager that all who have posted either for or against so far, have self-serviced at one time or the other.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Mucokey(m): 10:35pm On Feb 20, 2012
God help us.Sin is sin,repent now.Nobody should categorise sin.
Forget about all this biblical interpretation and let no one deceive you.
Can you do it when you get to heaven?If its no,then its sin.period!
Why do you think marriage is banned in heaven?or you think God is a fool
meaning since we aint gonna be eating EBA dia, it's a sin here
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 20, 2012
@dkc
the topic is self-service and not those crimes you mentioned.
cheers.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by FXKing2012(m): 10:39pm On Feb 20, 2012
diluminati:

If i say you are a born-fool i mean it. a real fool meant for the dust bin. you should have come as a waste. i pity who gave birth to you  tongue read goshen's post and see the proof nonsense!

If u have nothing tangible or sensible to say then say nothing, you dont have to expose your folly here by just name-calling and making absolutely no point.
Now where is goshen's post is it stated that masturba.tion causes you to defile your mind or to lust?
You lack wisdom in every area of your life and to make matters worse you dont even know how to hide the fact that u lack wisdom.
Your silliness has no limits and u are just a waste of space. Pls stop wasting pages here on Nairaland since u know u have no value to add.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 20, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Outstrip(f): 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2012
Goshen I went back to your post and there is no scripture there that says masturbation is a sin. It is what you believe and you are twisting the word to support it. Why not show were it says that you should not get pleasure from touching yourself. What if you are married. Is it still a sin? Would it be a sin if I touched myself and my husband was out of town. Please just show me a scripture that I can read that says clearly that masturbation is a sin. The Bible talks clearly on adultery and fornication so please I am waiting to read it. I think what people do not understand is that when they quote their own scripture to prove a point that is not there it makes christians come across as liars and generally dishonest. Why can't we say something liek the Bible does not say that but I choose of my own free will not to do it. Just like me choosing not to drink. Drinking is not a sin per say but it does nto edify the body in anyway so I choose not to drink. Lets be real here
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by chiteny(m): 10:56pm On Feb 20, 2012
This thread is all too familiar.

Evade the question till the critics get tired then start posting rhapsody of realities on the thread.

This thread doesn't need any further input, its a clearly erroneous statement by the Pastor, who is still, JUST A MAN AND THUS FALLIBLE. The fact that majority of the people on here (myself included) have done it at one time or the other doesn't make it right, but as i said it doesn't change anything. The blind will remain blind.

, and for the records nobody self-services to images of their wives (except she's a por.nstar)
WHY: because she is your wife, you can have her whenever you want.

Moodie, from my interaction with many of his followers, they do not realise the bolded section of your write up. He is taken as God (by the majority of his followers) and whatsoever he says is right and biblical. He never makes a mistakes.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 10:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
FXKing2012:

Now where is goshen's post is it stated that masturba.tion causes you to defile your mind or to lust?

Abeg no lie for my head o. I have not modified my post and you can read it again. I said it plainly undiluted it is a thought that defiles our mind which involves lust and hence makes it impure. The truth remains the truth. You can as well proof to the whole congregation of Nairaland and the world that masturba.tion is not a sin using bible verses as i did just because pastor Chris said so and let's listen to you.

You first said, it is not a sin and later you say there are 2 kinds of masturbatio.n. Again, you referred me to read a post where a woman slept with a dead man. How can you even imagine that. I masturb.ated in the past and I can say it openly but the power of God delivered me. The fact that i did it doesn't make it right and I will not hide under bible verse to twist the word of the Living God to justify my sins lest I face the judgment of God.

God bless you you my brother. I think am tired of this topic. You can as well prove from the bible mastur.bation is not sin rather than just telling us with words of mouth.

Am out of here.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2012
@dkc
fornication, adultery. those are the names the holy misinformed deceived deceivers gave to a normal natural act that exists among almost every living-thing on this planet and of course in this universe. why dont god strike animals to death because they also enjoy sexual activities? why dont god strike humans for the same act? why must it be fellow humans dictating to others what god wants? it looks and sounds so bokoharamic to me.
religion is very different from GOD. but you may find it difficult to accept.
GOD creates, religion destroys.
GOD unites people, religion separates them,
GOD loves all, religion inflicts hatred among all.
GOD wants your soul, religion wants your commitment & money.
GOD sees us equally, religion makes a few people so special in the eyes of god.
GOD is infinite, religion is man-made
my dear i can go on and on and on but the different is clear and can be easily witnessed in our lives except you dont have a mind of your own.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
Self service is not a sin. The bible said so.

Turn your bibles to Leviticus 15:15-18.
If there is emission of semen, the bible says just wash yourself with water. In verse 18 the bible talks about having sex with a woman. The both of you should wash clean.

Verse 15 and 16 are clearly not emissions due to intercouse but emission without intercource and possibly self service.
The bibkle clearly condemns fornication and honosexuality, but since the bible remains silent about masturbati on, we shouldnt be concerned or feel guilty about it.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 20, 2012
LOL at "self-service" what about "drive through" is that a SIN??
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Oritna94(m): 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2012
Signs of d last days! False teachers everywhere cry d sad thing is dat pple are been deceived last sheep!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2012
Genesis 6:1-4
lol even the sons of god had sex with daughters of men  
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 20, 2012
Genesis 6:1-4
lol even the sons of god had s-e-x with daughters of men
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 11:16pm On Feb 20, 2012
Outstrip:

Goshen I went back to your post and there is no scripture there that says self-service is a sin. It is what you believe and you are twisting the word to support it. Why not show were it says that you should not get pleasure from touching yourself. What if you are married. Is it still a sin? Would it be a sin if I touched myself and my husband was out of town. Please just show me a scripture that I can read that says clearly that self-service is a sin. The Bible talks clearly on adultery and fornication so please I am waiting to read it. I think what people do not understand is that when they quote their own scripture to prove a point that is not there it makes christians come across as liars and generally dishonest. Why can't we say something liek the Bible does not say that but I choose of my own free will not to do it. Just like me choosing not to drink. Drinking is not a sin per say but it does nto edify the body in anyway so I choose not to drink. Lets be real here

First of all, let me ask you and you need to say it openly here. ARE YOU BORN AGAIN?

I will respond to the above highlighted. I didn't write the bible. The bible clearly states the process of sin which is thought as conception. Ok. It is not what I believe. It is what the words of the God says. To tell me to give a clear and specific bible verse where the bible clearly points that masturba.tion is a sin is to tell me to show you where the bible clearly point specifically that homosexual is a sin. It is to tell me to show you where it is wrtitten in ink that sex.trade/prostitu.tion is a sin because it is not written in ink. You can as well say abortion is not a sin because it is not written in ink in the bible that it is a sin.  

Seriously; If you have a problem of self-control and you can't hold your body while your spouse is out of town, kindly deal with it by fasting and praying rather than justifying your sinful act with the word of God.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by tunnytox(m): 11:20pm On Feb 20, 2012
If a married man mast.urb.tes while thinking about his wife who is away how is that a sin?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by horny4u(f): 11:22pm On Feb 20, 2012
Masturbation is not a sin,

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.