Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (115211 Views)

Poll: Is self-service a sin?

Yes: 68% (73 votes)
No: 19% (21 votes)
I don't know: 11% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dare2think: 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
^^^^^

How about the thoughts that precedes the self-service

And yes, it can be harmful.

http://side-effects.owndoc.com/masturbation-side-effects.html
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by chiteny(m): 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2012
Only what you do and has a bad effect or is harmful to your body is bad. Is self-service harmful to the body? NO! So how can it be a sin?

Lying, cheating, fornication and adultery do not have bad effects and are not harmful to the body so i guess they fall into your class of no sin abi? To a good extent they make one feel good you know, ?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by FXKing2012(m): 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2012
chiteny:

Lying, cheating, fornication and adultery do not have bad effects and are not harmful to the body so i guess they fall into your class of no sin abi? To a good extent they make one feel good you know, ?

I must say I find your comment a little bizzare. How cld u suggest lying, cheating, fornication and adultery are not harmful to you or others?

1) Lying: It is harmful to the person being lied to cos he/she is being led to alter his/her decision which may have a profound impact on the person's life;

2)Cheating: Again this is another form of lie which leads to deception. This may also cause u to bring home diseases to your partner, so it is very harmful both to u and ur partner.

3) Fornication is harmful cos it aids the spread of diseases. It also exposes the little ones to immoral acts.

4) Adultery again falls under cheating and lying. You could bring home diseases and your partner is being made to believe a lie which is very harmful
to ur partner.

So these are sins, unlike the case with mastur.bation.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2012
debrief08:

What even shocked me most is his declaration that its your body and God has no business with our body, haba Pastor Chris: Know ye not that your body is the temple of the holy spirit? Any one who destroys the temple of God God will also destroy. Hmmmm. I am in shock
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;1st Corinthians 6: 19:

12 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for intimate immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a LovePeddler? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a LovePeddler is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.[c]
18 Flee from intimate immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

[b]Joabagje, dont let a man led you to hell oh, the bible is clear on this

This is more serious than eternity. Don't let any man, pastor or otherwise, determine how you interprete bible verses. this is madness, for christ sake, p. jo is a pastor,

FXKing2012:

Only what you do and has a bad effect or is harmful to your body or others is bad. Is mastur.bation harmful to the body or others? NO! So how can it be a sin?
Is consensual sex harmful to the body or others? How can it be sin?
Homosexualism? HOw can it be sin?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 20, 2012
musKeeto:

I wonder. If you havnt masturbated, why say one can do it without thinking? If you have masturbated, i would like to know if you expel without thinking?

Difficult to circumvent this question? Dont play the victim card. I dont care about your private life, but I do know more men self-service than care to admit,
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
Who knows maybe jesus mastur-bate during his time or where did chris get this one from ? From the bible I guess.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
FXKing2012:

Only what you do and has a bad effect or is harmful to your body or others is bad. Is mastur.bation harmful to the body or others? NO! So how can it be a sin?

I can't believe you said the highlighted. I think we should begin to watch out for our next Christian brothers and sisters. As in seriously you can say this? I always thought differently (on the positive anyway) about you on this forum. So the thought that Jesus said that precedes forni.cation or adul.try without the person being lu.st after knowing about it is NOT sin because it doesn't harm the other party? Is this what you are saying? Anyway, let me leave you to straighten that statement of yours.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2012
WHAT IS SIN ? sin is transgression of the lords laws
1 john 3 vs 4,
romans 4 vs 15,
romans 2 vs 23,
galatians 3 vs 19.
NOW THAT WE HAVE ESTABLISHED WHAT SIN IS, WHERE ARE THE LAWS LOCATED ? THE TORAH. THE FIRST FIVE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE. LETS GO TO THE S-E-X-U-A-L LAWS IN LEVITICUS 18. it gives all the specific S-E-X-U-A-L laws that you should not transgress. there is no mention of self-service. however lets proceed to LEVITICUS 15, the laws that deal with bodily discharges from men (meaning it is assumed that you will have bodily discharges and hence this is how you should deal with it). if you discharge Fluid and you dont take a bath, then you are trangressing the law. if you discharge Fluid, you must not go into any holy place until you have had a bath (like the temple). if you do ? you are trangressing the law.

CONCLUSION-Pastor chris and Joagbaje are correct. self-service is a sin against yourself and not a trangression of the lords laws. However you will be trangressing the lords laws if you dont have a bath afterwards or if you dont have a bath and then step into the temple afterwards.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by AntiPastChris(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2012
this was me that post this masterbation is not a sin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by AntiPastChris(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2012
Warnings and Encouragements

(NIV) Luke 12:1 Meanwhile, when a crowd of many thousands had gathered, so that they were trampling on one another, Jesus began to speak first to his disciples, saying: “Be[a] on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

(NIV) Luke 12:2 There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 3 What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs.
These are the words of them talking and they were painstakingly typed out for all the defenders of evil pastors and there false doctrines?

I.e. Christ Embassy Members 

These are the words of them talking and they were painstakingly typed out for all the defenders of evil pastors and there false doctrines? I.e. Christ Embassy Members 
Who love there pastor more than the truth of the bible his word is God’s word to them
This shows the complete conflict of lies from  the truth form the bible which exposes them?
Transcribe for the spiritual blind people in Christ embassy

Rev. Ray Okocha (“Word Alive”. program)
Also the (Secretary-General) (Believer’s’ Love World Inc.)
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome:

From Kwaku (Ghana)

Question: from Ghana how does one overcome ma.st.ur.ba.tion?

1. Rev. Ray Okocha Ha-ma ha- firstly it’s a thing of the mind, you’ve allowed the chance that you have to become a habit to you I am sure and a problem to you; am its first stop It! and you have the power to do that as a child of God, if you don’t want something you can stop it! So don’t think about it! Don’t go in that direction and stop it! And you obviously have a problem with it?  That’s why you are in need of distribution a and the bibles says: (KJV) Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure ____and the ability of Christ in is you can if you don’t want it you can stop it.

2. Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: it’s really that simple, the question is how does someone overcome ma.st.ur.ba.tion?

3. The reason your thinking about it the reason is it’s become a habit for you,
4. it’s the way you stop any habit,

5. see ma.st.ur.ba.tion it not em more of habit than any other habit ok SO

6. Once you make up your mind you “don’t”!! You want to break a particular habit, you do it, you stop you just it-stop it!!!

7. By getting em your mind to think of something else in fact the way the way destroy a habit is replace that habit with another habit,

8. That is the habit of not doing it see!!
9. But there is something I would like to- I would like to- bring to your mind that may be of help to you because the reason,
10. em you want to stop this is!!!
11. Is because of what you think it is!!
12. If you were in the habit of em playing football you probably would not ask us!!
13. How can I stop playing football?
14. Because you think there is something wrong with this!!!
15. Alright so that is where your problem is coming from.

16. But no matter how wrong it is!!! in your mind!!!
17. Get this straight in its self!

18. It is not a sin against God.

19. Now I say that for a reason!
20. There is many Christians think that is a sin against God em?
21. and Satan use it in oppressing them
22. oppressing their minds and making them feel ineffective

23. and inefficient in the things of God

24. But once you get to understand!!

25. It’s got nothing to do with God

26. It all about you and your own body
27. Then Satan loses his power to use it!!
28. To accuse you!!!
29. Alright!!
30. So if you don’t like it stop!!!

31. But Gods got nothing to do with it!!!

32. Its your own body

33. ma.st.ur.ba.tion is about you and your body

34. and Em and

35. God is not offended by it.

36. He is only offended by any habit that takes hold of your mind?
37. And if this takes a hold of your mind and dominates you?
38. God is offended by the fact that you let yourself become enslaved by any habit by what so every?
39. So let’s first of all take the power away from Satan to accuse you?

40. When it’s got nothing to do with God

41. in the whole bible
42. It doesn’t say anything about ma.st.ur.ba.tion?
43. Well Now somebody may say –
44. What about Lasciviousness
45. What about Uncleanness
46. That’s not the meaning of ma.st.ur.ba.tion
47. But you can have Lasciviousness and Uncleanness in ma.st.ur.ba.tion and as well in many other things that people do?
48. You see
49. So there not isolated to ma.st.ur.ba.tion its self
50. Uncleanness can be something about your mind ok
51. Thoughts that you bring in your mind 
52. Uncleanness can be having ah, ah this kind of s,e,x,u,a,l relations with an animal?
53. That is Uncleanness
54. In fact that is more of what the bible calls Uncleanness than anything else!!
55. And then am ah en ah!!
56. Homosexuality is Uncleanness that’s what God means by Uncleanness
57. These are all the things it talks about?
58. So just be clear that Satan should have no power of dominion over you as far as this is concerned!
59. It can be a dirty habit
60. It can be a habit you don’t like?

61. Or its got nothing to do with God

62. God is not thinking about it!

63. So you want to stop it
64. Stop it like any other thing
65. And it’s always easier to be able to stop things like this when you know!!!!!
66. God will have no problem with it!! 
67. As long as you are!!!
68. Oppressed by Satan the same devil will push you to do something
69. And make you believe God is against it, so he can you use it to condemn you 
70. But once you know!!

71. Gods got nothing to do with it

72. And Satan does not have the power to accuse you with it
73. You will find you will not even do it anymore?
74. See you, you, you just you just don’t just don’t do it
75. If you don’t like it
76. It’s,- it’s  just over
77. And you win?

Alright there is another one here
Siphilisiwe (Croydon United kingdom) question can apostles and prophets be ordained just as pastors are ordained by senior ministers

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 4:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
Anti-PastChris:

hello buzz light year

sup crossman. you still aint told me if you are a white man grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by AntiPastChris(m): 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
i am whiter than snow which is ?
cleansed in christ

Isaiah 1:18 NIV
New International Version

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by werepeLeri: 4:48pm On Feb 20, 2012
LOL - and these are people who do it daily. Men and women. Come on. Swear on your mother;s grave if you have not done it before - men and women. NairaLand is full of hypocrites.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by UyiIredia(m): 4:48pm On Feb 20, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Who knows maybe jesus mastur-bate during his time or where did chris get this one from ? From the bible I guess.

It doesn't really matter. Jesus will not stop being God simply because He masturbated. I don't think Jesus masturbated though. Not everyone lives on masturbation.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 4:49pm On Feb 20, 2012
Anti-PastChris:

i am whiter than snow which is ?
cleansed in christ

Isaiah 1:18 NIV
New International Version

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
good verse, now back to my question. what race are you ? are you nigerian ?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by FXKing2012(m): 4:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
musKeeto:

Is consensual sex harmful to the body or others? How can it be sin?
Homosexualism? HOw can it be sin?

Consensual sex is a big sin cos u  are cheating on your spouse and if u are still single it's a sin cos you lose your dignity to the other person (your sex partner) and also it is immoral to do so cos u are not legally bound together.
Homosexuality is a major sin and it was the reason God destroyed Sodom (Gen 19: 4-11)
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by AntiPastChris(m): 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2012
i am a new creation in christ does it matter i have great understanding come on skype like i asked you will learn all you need
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2012
I don't know why some of you are just too quick to pass judgement. Have you sat down to give what he said a second thought? you all are disgusting!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
FXKing2012:

Consensual sex is a big sin cos u  are cheating on your spouse and if u are still single it's a sin cos you lose your dignity to the other person (your sex partner) and also it is immoral to do so cos u are not legally bound together.
Homosexuality is a major sin and it was the reason God destroyed Sodom (Gen 19: 4-11)

please shut the 4ck up. you sound so so silly as a professing christian. if you were in my league i'll be ok with you.
dare2think:

^^^^^

How about the thoughts that precedes the self-service

And yes, it can be harmful.

http://side-effects.owndoc.com/self-service-side-effects.html

You hypocrites are so so stvpid. why did you jump this now? you dey fear? You are just on this topic because you perceive that it is an attack against pastor crisis, not that you understand what the topic is all about. you ediot!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by lonamy: 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2012
The message is not new, I got to hear it the first time in 2010 when Pastor Chris was entertaining questions and aswering them on weekly basis on "This week on Pastor Chris online".
Before then, I have been receiving revelation that it is time for me to leave the church, I mean Christ Embassy Church, but I still remained there not wanted to change church, but the message keep on coming to me each time I am in the church that I am not in the right place I am just wasting my tine sitting there.

But the day I heard him said it, that Mas.tur.ba.tion is not a SIN, I felt so bad.

Even Bill Clinton sacked one of the Medical top figure in his government "U.S. Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders was fired in 1994 after suggesting that masturbation be taught to school-age children"

So can the Politicians be morally better than Spiritual leaders. Since that time I left Christ Embassy for good.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by tkb417(m): 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2012
before u can mas.sturbate, u must think of a woman or be lusting after something

and im sure its written in the bible somewhere that lusting after women is a sin

so how do you separate lust from mas.sturbation?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2012
Anti-PastChris:

i am a new creation in christ does it matter i have great understanding come on skype like i asked you will learn all you need
if i come on skype then you can trace my number and then home address and then send assasins to my crib for teaching about edomites   grin i know ya trick white man  angry
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

It doesn't really matter. Jesus will not stop being God simply because He masturbated. I don't think Jesus masturbated though. Not everyone lives on self-service.

I'm just wondering where chris got the idea from.Now members of his church can go to church with soap and olive oil so they can mastur-bate after sunday service.doesnt that sound nasty ?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 20, 2012
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by FXKing2012(m): 5:09pm On Feb 20, 2012
goshen360:

I can't believe you said the highlighted. I think we should begin to watch out for our next Christian brothers and sisters. As in seriously you can say this? I always thought differently (on the positive anyway) about you on this forum. So the thought that Jesus said that precedes forni.cation or adul.try without the person being lu.st after knowing about it is NOT sin because it doesn't harm the other party? Is this what you are saying? Anyway, let me leave you to straighten that statement of yours.

Pls tell me how mastur.bation is harming your body or anybody else for that matter. It is not a sin cos when u do it u harm no one and u dont harm your body.
Lusting after a woman in your heart is a sin cos u defile your mind when u do so.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2012
FXKing2012:

So you can call homosexuality a sin now. But it wasn't specifically mentioned as a kind of sin name in the bible(as the bible mentioned fornication and adultery)  and you don't see masturbat.ion as sin? Because masturbat.ion is not specifically mentioned doesn't mean it is not a sin and i will show you from the bible very soon.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by kay1one(m): 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2012
Oh! GOD!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2012
FXKing2012:

VS

FXKing2012:

So there are actions that aren't harmful to the body, yet are sins?

Come on man.

@JoAgbaje:
You have proven over time to be a coward. You've mastered the art of evading point blank questions by either ignoring them or replying with sarcastic, witty or blanket statements. May your God help you.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2012
goshen360:

So you can call homosexuality a sin now. But it wasn't specifically mentioned as a kind of sin name in the bible(as the bible mentioned fornication and adultery)  and you don't see masturbat.ion as sin? Because masturbat.ion is not specifically mentioned doesn't mean it is not a sin and i will show you from the bible very soon.
homosexuality is mentioned in leviticus 18 vs 22  wink
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2012
FXKing2012:

Pls tell me how mastur.bation is harming your body or anybody else for that matter. It is not a sin cos when u do it u harm no one and u dont harm your body.
Lusting after a woman in your heart is a sin cos u defile your mind when u do so.
So that's what makes a sin a sin according to you? It harms no one and doesn't harm the body?

Shouldn't smoking be classified as a sin then under this definition?
Drinking?
Overeating?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2012
FXKing2012:

So how do you masturb.ate without lustful thoughts? I have done it in the past and am not ashamed to say it. So i know what it means to masturb.ate. Can you tell us how one masturb.ates without illicit or lustful thoughts? Am going to show it to you in few minutes how the process is a sin to masturb.ate. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU OF ALL PEOPLE CAN COME OUT OPEN TO SAY THIS.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Gideonyte(m): 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
Why are most people surprised

What Pastor Chris said has a root in one of Christ Embassy's pillar doctrine that says "ONCE SAVED, ALWAYS SAVED".  For those who have read the bible will know that this is not true!!! From this doctrine, Christ Embassy says a Christian cannot sin, therefore if a christian masturbates, then its no sin its just an "unclean" habit. Remember that NOTHING unclean can enter heaven because God is too holy to even look at it.

It's time for us to go back to the basics of the bible!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.