Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (115233 Views)

Poll: Is self-service a sin?

Yes: 68% (73 votes)
No: 19% (21 votes)
I don't know: 11% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 21, 2012
Men I cannot imagine life without masturbation. That will be hell cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 21, 2012
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 21, 2012
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 21, 2012
this is how we do it  kiss
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by cabali(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2012
Please I have just one question for those that masturbate:

When you masturbate, do u think of angels or do u think of boobs and arses and stuff??

How can you explain it as a christian 'habit'?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 11:07am On Feb 21, 2012
cabali:

Please I have just one question for those that self-service:

When you self-service, do u think of angels or do u think of bosoms and arses and stuff??

cant speak for all but i myself self service to the thought of ewedu and amala and orishirishi assorted meat washed down with odeku whose bottle is sweating.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by touchmeder: 11:08am On Feb 21, 2012
I still dont understand the way Pastor put it but Jogbagbe  has made a very good point.
if for medical reasons a man has to jerk off and give the sperm to the doctors in a test tube or so is it sin?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by gfus: 11:17am On Feb 21, 2012
Pastor Chris hits the headline again smiley
http://www.livenigeriapost.com/
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by debosky(m): 11:18am On Feb 21, 2012
cabali:

Please I have just one question for those that self-service:

When you self-service, do u think of angels or do u think of bosoms and arses and stuff??

This is a silly question - do you think of angels when you have s.ex? Do you think of angels when you're on the shitter?

I don't agree with what Pastor Chris has said in this video but this is a very silly response to a serious issue.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 11:24am On Feb 21, 2012
debosky:

This is a silly question - do you think of angels when you have s.ex? Do you think of angels when you're on the shitter?

I don't agree with what Pastor Chris has said in this video but this is a very silly response to a serious issue.

what don't you agree with, young blood?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 11:24am On Feb 21, 2012
debosky:

grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by lonamy: 11:25am On Feb 21, 2012
Joagbaje:

^^
Ps read my post again

It is an unclean habit . But it is not a sin against God.  But that's the point he was making  there. Helping someone deal with the condemnation of the devil. There are several unclean habits that may not necessary be a sin unto God. But that doesn't mean he encourages them. He has taught against unclean habits, drug ,drinking, but he will still say even though they are not sin against God in themselves "they are not for Kings like you"  you are royalty etc. We do right because we are royalty.

Since u know it is an unclean habit, and the bible says no unclean thing shall enter into the kingdom of god. Be sincere with urself, do u think u will make heaven if u mas.tur.bate or u support those that do so
For those who feel its a sin against God. I ask . What makes it sin? Is it the Fluid coming out ?  What of those who have to do it on medical ground. "S.emen test" does God cancel the "sin" against him on medical ground? We should consider these before our axe start falling. It's a discussion not war.

Onan didn't die because he spilled on the ground , he died because he was selfish and would not want to procreate for his late brother. What of husband and wives who spills the Fluid on the ground as a form of birth control?

Also what about those who have wet dreams . Is God angry at them? . I'm not in support of self-service. I have rebuked individuals for it the way I will rebuke them from other unclean habits. I have helped individuals stop it. But we still have to say the truth. God  never Called it a sin. 
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by mysmoothie: 11:31am On Feb 21, 2012
I am weeping here! Are we following Christ or following our pastors? Sincerely ask yourself, some times you dont even need the bible to tell you what is a sin or not, we all have our consciences. A dirty habit is also a sin. Will there be masturbation in heaven? Can you pray when you're masturbating? why do you masturbate? Sometimes, you dont even see some things written in the bible, you just know by your God given instinct that what youre doing is wrong. You know what, the bible says let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. Even the very elect will fall short of heaven. Please we need to be very careful, we don't have to rationalise the bible all the time by saying somethings are sins against God and sins against the body. Lets mortify the fruits of the flesh. Whatever it is, sin against God, body, humanity, it is a sin and sin of whatever means will separate us from God.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 11:34am On Feb 21, 2012
mysmoothie:

I am weeping here! Are we following Christ or following our pastors? Sincerely ask yourself, some times you dont even need the bible to tell you what is a sin or not, we all have our consciences. A dirty habit is also a sin. Will there be self-service in heaven? Can you pray when you're self-servicing? why do you self-service? Sometimes, you dont even see some things written in the bible, you just know by your God given instinct that what youre doing is wrong. You know what, the bible says let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. Even the very elect will fall short of heaven. Please we need to be very careful, we don't have to rationalise the bible all the time by saying somethings are sins against God and sins against the body. Lets mortify the fruits of the flesh. Whatever it is, sin against God, body, humanity, it is a sin and sin of whatever means will separate us from God.

sincerely ask yourself this. . . .will there be sex in heaven? can you pray when you're sh@gging? why do you sh@g?
why do people engage in sex?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by stepo707: 11:37am On Feb 21, 2012
Pastor worshipers still exist? Masturbation is a sin and to get out of it is very difficult.
I sincerely believe CE members are hyponotized.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 11:39am On Feb 21, 2012
mysmoothie:

I am weeping here! Are we following Christ or following our pastors? Sincerely ask yourself, some times you dont even need the bible to tell you what is a sin or not, we all have our consciences. A dirty habit is also a sin. Will there be self-service in heaven? Can you pray when you're self-servicing? why do you self-service? Sometimes, you dont even see some things written in the bible, you just know by your God given instinct that what youre doing is wrong. You know what, the bible says let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. Even the very elect will fall short of heaven. Please we need to be very careful, we don't have to rationalise the bible all the time by saying somethings are sins against God and sins against the body. Lets mortify the fruits of the flesh. Whatever it is, sin against God, body, humanity, it is a sin and sin of whatever means will separate us from God.
seeing as you are so high and mighty, do you go to an organized church on sunday ? do you know that this is a sin ? ACTS 17 VS 24

DO YOU SHOP OR WORK ON SATURDAY ? Do you know that this is a grave sin ? you are breaking the Sabbath

DO YOU EAT SNAILS SHRIMPS OR LOBSTER ? do you know that this is a sin ?

DO YOU CUT YOUR BEARD ? do you know this is a sin ?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by romeo(m): 11:41am On Feb 21, 2012
when harmless words like mas.tur.bation is censored in one of our biggest online websites, one ceases to wonder why our people are so backward!! The answer is there staring you in the face. Religion will kill una
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 11:43am On Feb 21, 2012
more questions for the self righteous folk

DO YOU CELEBRATE XMAS ? do you know this is a sin

DO YOU CELEBRATE EASTER ? do you know this is a sin

DO YOU CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN ? do you know this is a sin

DO YOU CELEBRATE NEW YEAR ? do you know this is a sin ?

all these are paganistic roman catholic rituals meshed with the religion called christianity. Lord says be in the world but not of the world

DO YOU WEAR A WEDDING RING ? do you know this is a sin ? you are worshipping the god saturn
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 11:47am On Feb 21, 2012
MORE QUESTIONS FOR THE SELF RIGHTEOUS FOLKS

Do you have that image of cesare borgia (the white jesus) in your house ? do you know this is a grave sin ? idolatry

do you have a cross in your house or on your neck ? do you know this a grave sin ?

AHHHH NOT SO SELF RIGHTEOUS NOW ARE WE ?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 11:47am On Feb 21, 2012
stepo707:

Pastor worshipers still exist? self-service is a sin and to get out of it is very difficult.
I sincerely believe CE members are hyponotized.

ohh shut up and get the hell out of here you self-righteous zealot!
if there's one country who still possesses the biblical pharisees/sadducees, that country is nigeria with their self righteous and conceited laws.

some churches won't allow the females to let out their hair or wear trousers - and they think it's justified.
the pastors of the churches bring out ridiculous rules/regulations that are non-existent elsewhere and they think it's right. . . .
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 11:52am On Feb 21, 2012
coogar:

ohh shut up and get the hell out of here you self-righteous zealot!
if there's one country who still possesses the biblical pharisees/sadducees, that country is nigeria with their self righteous and conceited laws.

some churches won't allow the females to let out their hair or wear trousers - and they think it's justified.
the pastors of the churches bring out ridiculous rules/regulations that are non-existent elsewhere and they think it's right. . . .
ACTUALLY ITS VERY JUSTIFIED. WOMEN WEARING TROUSERS IS A SIN. DEUTERONOMY 22 VS 5 'A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this'.   grin you learn something new everyday huh  wink
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 11:55am On Feb 21, 2012
buzugee:

ACTUALLY ITS VERY JUSTIFIED. WOMEN WEARING TROUSERS IS A SIN. DEUTERONOMY 22 VS 5 'A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this'.   grin you learn something new everyday huh  wink

don't make me laugh!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 11:56am On Feb 21, 2012
DEUTERONOMY 22 VS 5 A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by FXKing2012(m): 11:58am On Feb 21, 2012
People are just quoting the Bible and ascribing watever interpretation that suits them to it. Nigerians know how to invent sins in their head.
All the quotations I've been seeing from the Bible on this subject of mastur-bation talks about defiling your mind. Yes I know that if you defile your mind by entertaining erro.tic thoughts while mastur-bating then u are committing a sin cos your mind is being defiled just like when u look at a woman lustfully.
But when you mastur.bate without entertaining erro.tic thoughts, then u are not defiling your mind, your body is only responding to certain stimulus which accounts for the erec-tion and ejacu-lation while mastur.bating.

Point here is it is possible to mastur.bate and not defile your mind with wrong thoughts. And to prove this I supplied a link that showed a woman who got a dead man to achieve erec-tion.
So when u mastur-bate and you dont hurt your body, you dont hurt anybody and your mind is not defiled then it is not a sin!

Telling me mastur-bation is a sin is the same as telling me looking at a woman is a sin. It can never be a sin as long as you do not lust or fill your mind with erro-tic thoughts.
Maybe some of you need to understand the science behind an erec-tion, I'm sure that'll help your understanding.

Now I'm not saying every sin must be mentioned by name in the Bible, but the Bible is such a complete book that there is always a reference (directly or indirectly) to every sin.
Gay is not mentioned in the Bible but we know it's a sin cos of the destruction of Sodom; abortion is not mentioned but we all know thou shall not kill; smoking is not mentioned but we all know u are not to damage your body, etc etc.
I challenge anyone here to name a sin that was not either named or made reference to in the Bible.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 12:00pm On Feb 21, 2012
buzugee:

DEUTERONOMY 22 VS 5 A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

the law you are quoting have been superseded by the new testament laws.
as long as a woman dresses appropriately, it does not matter whether she wears trousers or agbada.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by debosky(m): 12:03pm On Feb 21, 2012
Buzugee so you don't shave your beard? cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2012
coogar:

the law you are quoting have been superseded by the new testament laws.
as long as a woman dresses appropriately, it does not matter whether she wears trousers or agbada.
Thats what they tell you when you follow religion. lord says

1 MATTHEW 5 VS 17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

2 MATTHEW 5 VS 19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

KEEP IN MIND I AM QUOTING FROM NEW TESTAMENT
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by AntiPastChris(m): 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2012

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
debosky:

Buzugee so you don't shave your beard? cheesy cheesy
Nope i dont. but i have it where it is neat and shapened all the way around my face from my side burns to my beard and encircles my face back to my head lol. so it doesnt look crazy  grin

leviticus 19 vs 27 "'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 12:07pm On Feb 21, 2012
buzugee:

Thats what they tell you when you follow religion. lord says

1 MATTHEW 5 VS 17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

2 MATTHEW 5 VS 19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

KEEP IN MIND I AM QUOTING FROM NEW TESTAMENT

there's no difference between you and a terrorist!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by brainpulse: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
If you are led by the spirit of God you will not think twice before you know that this is heresy of the end times. And even Men of God (original) will start diving into heresies. This is a ploy by the devil to confuse so many believers and so many will fall for it jokingly thinking its just for fun. Please turn away also for those twisting the word of God for self justification because that is the ministry of devil ( Eve and in Jesus' temptation) they are all on Nairaland. Any ministry that does not preach holiness, righteousness, heaven and hell according to the Word of God is of the devil.
Every on Holy act is of the devil and [b]al[/b]l were practiced doing Sodom and Gomorrah. If God could destroy every unclean acts and the people doing S & G then Self service is of the devil.

2 Tim 3:1-5
1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 12:09pm On Feb 21, 2012
coogar:

there's no difference between you and a terrorist!
call it what you may, but i aint taking chances by disobeying Gods laws

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.