Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,489 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. (1882 Views)

Quotes For Atheists And Agnostics / Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics / 5 Easy Steps To Debunking The Quran (for Christians, Atheists, Agnostics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by mazaje(m): 9:53am On Feb 22, 2012
ekwah:

I never said I have seen the restoration of an amputated leg my bro. I said I have seen GREATER. I think that was pretty clear or wan't it? I don't cook up stories bro, I am too busy for that.

You have NEVER seen anything greater than the restoration of an amputated limbs so STOP LYING. . . .
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by mazaje(m): 10:01am On Feb 22, 2012
ekwah:

@mazaje lol it seems you are all out to prove God's "non-existence" right? good luck with that. I have said it earlier, it is a mystery that non-believers will never understand.

There is no mystery in it, you guys ONLY come up with the mystery cake to explain absurdity away. . .In one sentence you tell people to come and know your god in another sentence your god is a mystery. . .

Truly all that you have mentioned are in the bible (which I staunchly believe in). Christians have different spiritual gifts as described by Paul in the bible,  I may not have the gift of healing, but I AM A PHYSICAL  witness to it. The belief in Jesus is NOT all you need my bro because the bible says "Faith without work is useless" and  that we should be " the doers of the word and not the hearers only". I am not here to make a religious argument with you because I know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

Do you know any pastor that can restore the limbs of my friend that is an amputee? I repeat the bible is clear. . .Jesus said that WHOEVER that believes in him will do GREATER WORKS than he has done. . . .Do YOU not believe in the bible any more?. . .If you believe in Jesus and the bible then you should be able to do grater works than Jesus as he PROMISED. . . When will you heal my friend and restore his amputated limbs?

Unlike people like you, I have searched for the truth, seen it, felt it, and staunchly believe in it because I have over a thousand reasons to. U still don't get the gist do you? True Christianity is peace for Jesus said "and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." It's just unfortunate that so many churches today paint a very bad picture of Christianity just as predicted in the bible about the last days and that makes it pretty difficult for unbelievers to comprehend what's really on with the religion. Just keep an open heart, give Jesus Christ a chance in your life and you will NEVER regret it. Mind you I am not as gullible as you think so using the word "deluded" doesn't apply to me at all. you are on the wrong bus my bro, believe me.

You have searched for NO truth and you know NO truth. . . .You only know what you have been indoctrinated with and made to accept as the "truth" by your surrounding culture. . .I say this because I was once like you in the christian bubble of delusion. . .
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Lasinoh: 10:06am On Feb 22, 2012
Mu he he he he he he

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Kslib(m): 10:20am On Feb 22, 2012
Well,that brain u think u are using to it's fullest to reason the non-existence of God,was given to you by the same God u think does not exist.What a shame!
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by harakiri(m): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2012
Kslib:

Well,that brain u think u are using to it's fullest to reason the non-existence of God,was given to you by the same God u think does not exist.What a shame!

The way you people sheeple talk about this god makes me wonder if you've seen him/her/it/them before. What do you know about religion apart from what you were spoon fed with from childhood? Can you provide one atom of proof that verifies his/her/its/their existence? I hope you know that Christianity isn't the only religion in the world and even though some sects claim to be "worshiping one god", deep down you feel superior to each other and look down on each others beliefs.

Back to the issue. . .

Apart from what you've been obviously brainwashed with from kindergarten, what else can you bring to the table that authenticates your belief in the Christian god?
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by LogicMind: 11:20am On Feb 22, 2012
harakiri:

The way you people sheeple talk about this god makes me wonder if you've seen him/her/it/them before. What do you know about religion apart from what you were spoon fed with from childhood? Can you provide one atom of proof that verifies his/her/its/their existence? I hope you know that Christianity isn't the only religion in the world and even though some sects claim to be "worshiping one god", deep down you feel superior to each other and look down on each others beliefs.

Back to the issue. . .

Apart from what you've been obviously brainwashed with from kindergarten, what else can you bring to the table that authenticates your belief in the Christian god?

I provided you with proof. Why don't you believe me.
Infact, I saw god yesterday. In the spirit but physically. You won't understand. You never understand. Phuck science making my brethren fools. The bible is the truth. Virgins give birth. True. Women should shut the phuck up. True. If gays attack you, offer them your daughters to a$$ ra.pe. True. God is afraid we would build skyscrappers so he invented igbo language. True. Slavery is sanctioned by god. True. War is excellent. True.
Why don't you believe this? You heathen son of satan.

And don't go telling me that a man that walks around followed closely by 12 other men, (some of whom have left their wives), sleeping, eating, bathing etc, together is gay. There is nothing gay about that. Follow his footsteps but don't be gay 'cos god hates gays. It is better to ra.pe women than to love another man. True. The big invisble sky spirit has spoken. Be damned if you doubt.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Kay17: 11:33am On Feb 22, 2012
Kslib:

You worship a MAN, it can't get worse that!
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by harakiri(m): 11:40am On Feb 22, 2012
Logic Mind:

I provided you with proof. Why don't you believe me.
Infact, I saw god yesterday. In the spirit but physically. You won't understand. You never understand. Phuck science making my brethren fools. The bible is the truth. Virgins give birth. True. Women should shut the phuck up. True. If gays attack you, offer them your daughters to a$$ ra.pe. True. God is afraid we would build skyscrappers so he invented igbo language. True. Slavery is sanctioned by god. True. War is excellent. True.
Why don't you believe this? You heathen son of satan.

And don't go telling me that a man that walks around followed closely by 12 other men, (some of whom have left their wives), sleeping, eating, bathing etc, together is gay. There is nothing gay about that. Follow his footsteps but don't be gay 'cos god hates gays. It is better to ra.pe women than to love another man. True. The big invisble sky spirit has spoken. Be damned if you doubt.

lol
grin grin cool
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by manmustwac(m): 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2012
Imanuelle:

I keep wondering,
If GOD is really existing, Why is it difficult for him to make me bliv He does?
because he don't exist. We can do experiments to prove that air exists gravity exists and that dinosaurs once existed but nothing to prove that god exists unless you like the masses want to believe based on faith.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
I see that some people above prefer to dodge some of the questions I asked. So you all prefer to deride believers right? I am not surprised at all. After all what do atheist do to support their weak stance? Dismiss others as 'deluded' e.t.c Enjoy your ride to where ever you want to guys cheesy but we will all pay the price for any of our actions some day."The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God.'They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does 'good'." Even the bible said it all. No one cared to ask about my experiences as a christian and what makes we believe so deeply. There is no compulsion in Christianity, it is purely a choice as we all have the rights to believe whatever we want. We should however be wary of the consequences of which ever positions we take. Even as Nigerians alone, we all know that not everything about this world is physical so I still ask:

What genuine reasons make atheist believe there is no God? I find the inability of u guys to provide ONE sensible answer amusing.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by mazaje(m): 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2012
What genuine reasons make atheist believe there is no God? I find the inability of u guys to provide ONE sensible answer amusing.

What else apart from the simple FACT that all Gods are man made?. . . .If Yahweh truly exist as described in the bible, do you think he will depend on you to make his case for him?. . . .The fact that you are hear making a case for a God  that was written in the pages of a story book to address a whole nation through public speech says it all. . . .Your God exist only in the pages of the bible and in the minds of those of you that accept his existence, he does not exist in reality. . .
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by dekung(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
The following quote from Stephen F. Roberts sums up
the situation very nicely:
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in
one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2012
*sighs deeply* If my God doesn't exist in reality. Where did you and I come from? U want to give me that abiogenesis story? or that of evolution? (concepts that were brought up by men) You are the one who doesn't want to face reality. Mind you, I stated REALLY BOLDLY and reiterate that I have felt God's existence myself in a myriad of ways; an experience that has consolidated my rather doubtful stance in Christianity in the past. Only those who ARE WILLING to serve him in truth and in spirit will experience him, for God doesn't meddle in the affairs of men or force his way to us. You want to tell me that I invented all my personal experiences? We all have our choices to make and at the end of the journey through this world, "he will separate the sheep from the goats". This is not one of those cock and bull stories that some Christians bring up, I am talking about genuine Christianity. Atheists will never understand what Christianity is all about unless they are genuinely willing to learn and follow the truth. They go about picking bible quotes and interpreting them based on "logic". Are you the most logical or inquisitive person that ever lived? Are you saying that all the great/accomplished and intelligent women and men who are TRUE Christians are on the wrong path or do not know what they are doing? Please relax a bit, things of the spirit can not be discerned by our physical minds. full stop.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 22, 2012
dekung:

The following quote from Stephen F. Roberts sums up
the situation very nicely:
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in
one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

He really summed it up perfectly. 1995 in the early days of the www
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 22, 2012
ekwah:

*sighs deeply* If my God doesn't exist in reality. Where did you and I come from? U want to give me that abiogenesis story? or that of evolution? (concepts that were brought up by men) You are the one who doesn't want to face reality. Mind you, I stated REALLY BOLDLY and reiterate that I have felt God's existence myself in a myriad of ways; an experience that has consolidated my rather doubtful stance in Christianity in the past. Only those who ARE WILLING to serve him in truth and in spirit will experience him, for God doesn't meddle in the affairs of men or force his way to us. You want to tell me that I invented all my personal experiences? We all have our choices to make and at the end of the journey through this world, "he will separate the sheep from the goats". This is not one of those rooster and bull stories that some Christians bring up, I am talking about genuine Christianity. [color=#990000[b]]Atheists will never understand what Christianity is all about unless they are genuinely willing to learn and follow the truth. They go about picking bible quotes and interpreting them based on "logic". Are you the most logical or inquisitive person that ever lived? Are you saying that all the great/accomplished and intelligent women and men who are TRUE Christians are on the wrong path or do not know what they are doing?[/color] Please relax a bit, things of the spirit can not be discerned by our physical minds. full stop.[/b]

Ok then, we are unable to comprehend you since "logic" is disallowed and personally I only have a "physical mind" and I will never understand "things of the spirit". Onthe other hand, the force is strong in me, but it will never be strong in you because you can't understand THE FORCE with your physical or your spiritual mind but with your "innermost sense".
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by mazaje(m): 11:07pm On Feb 22, 2012
^^
Martian  grin cheesy cheesy
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 23, 2012
@ Martian funny guy. I am not kidding; things of the spirit can not be understood by their physical connotation bro. May be I didn't phrase it well enough. Logic is not good enough, but it's not that it is "disallowed" for true Christianity is not restraining at all. Apart from the fact that everything about Christianity is real, what have I got to lose at the end? Does being an atheist make you special? or the "most" logical person ever? You who claim to be on the right path and that the other billions of true Christians in the world are "deluded" have a lot of homework to do.  Atheism= cowardice/fear of the truth/ the cheapest way to "moral freedom". I am just saying. undecided
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2012
wow I haven't been here in a long while. Dekung are you kidding me? Did you just wrote the above comments to support your argument? Prayers are never answered? That is a very weak position to take my bro. I think I was pretty clear on what makes Christianity the truth. Just search objectively for the truth. I have done the same for many of the other religions, they all have one or two things that turn off the objective mind and that is what displeases atheists the most about Christianity; they can't find any thing particularly negative in the Christian beliefs, save from saying that it's followers are deluded. Just tell me what you think about the origin of life as an atheist, simple.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Independence Israel. International Bible Contest Underway In Israel / God Has Failed Me / Which Website Can I Download Gospel Mixtapes? Foreign & Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.