Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 (4409 Views)

Here Is What Biafrans Want. As Ojukwu Stated It Decades Ago. / Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times / Fayemi Weeps As Olayinka's Body Arrives Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by soma042(m): 8:23am On Feb 20, 2012
Aba to shut down as Ojukwu’s body arrives Feb 28
From OKEY SAMPSON, Aba
Monday, February 20, 2012

Late Ojukwu
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) says markets and schools in Aba, Abia State, will be closed on February 28 to enable residents of the commercial city to pay their last respect to the body of Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, which will be brought to the city on that date as the late Igbo leader’s remains makes its last journey to its final resting place.

Disclosing this in a chat with Daily Sun, MASSOB Director of Information for Aba region, Sunny Okereafor said the closure of markets and schools in Aba on February 28 to enable residents of the city come out and pay their last respect to the fallen hero was not only a way of fulfilling one of Ojukwu’s wishes but showing the love and high esteem in which the people held him.

He said Ojukwu equally showed tremendous love and respect for residents in that there was no major action he took during his life time, that he never came to Aba to either intimate and or confide in them, stressing that nothing would be too much sacrifice by residents in honour of the departed hero.

According to him, “Aba was so dear to the heart of the late Ikemba that there was no major public decision he took in life he did not come to Aba either to confide in, or seek the opinion of the residents. First of all, we should not forget that it was in Aba Ojukwu started work as district officer (DO) when he came back from England before joining the Nigerian Army.

“Again in 1967, Ojukwu came to Aba to intimate and perhaps seek the opinion of residents of the city before declaring the war and to cap it all, when he returned from exile; he also came to Aba to inform them. The same thing also happened when he decided to go into partisan politics,” he recollected.

Okereafor therefore urged all residents of the commercial city to come out en masse on February 28 at the Enyimba Stadium where Ikemba’s body would lie in state. Meanwhile, the Abia State government has put to rest the rumour which made the rounds recently that the corpse would no longer be brought to Aba as originally planned.

A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor T. A. Orji, Ugochukwu Emezue, hinted that Enyimba Stadium where Ojukwu would lie in state on February 28 was wearing a new look just as he assured that security had also been put in place for the Aba event.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2012/feb/20/newsbreak-20-02-2012-001.html
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by ifihearam: 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2012
what rubbish
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by emmatok(m): 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
HMM,

MASSOB
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by MeAndYou(m): 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2012
I may likely travel on that day oooo, from West to East. Please advice me on that regard ooo. How do you foresee transport movement upto Enugu?
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by Marlboro1: 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
Great honor to whom it is due
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by BlackPikiN(m): 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2012
Abeg snap pictures.
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by Binkalette: 5:20pm On Feb 20, 2012
Great thread Cheers! [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by oderemo(m): 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2012
no wonder.
Aba , my aba.
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by DRANOEL(m): 5:56pm On Feb 20, 2012
biafra. . . . . .land of the un-rising sun
read
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-875366.o.html
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by ideylaff: 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2012
I thought he'd bn buried oooo> Wow,
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2012
Una want carry una ohuhu wahala come Aba again after una don spoil the whole place?
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by ekwynwa: 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2012
Ojukwu you will forever be our HERO
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 20, 2012
So businesses and lives would be paused cause of one person's funeral? No doubt he was popular but really Nigerians need to learn to focus on what's important and quit allowing themselves be ruled by their past, Really now! 0_o

PS/
I am not suprised!
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by silibaba: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2012
ifihearam

Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28
« #1 on: Today at 04:00:05 PM »

what rubbish

you are a fool for insulting a warlord.

do u know a personality he his ?

go back to history.

grow up br angry angry angryother
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by bulksms247(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
Aba go hot dat day ooooo. I must be there
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by OkparaIgbo: 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2012
slimdamatrix:

So businesses and lives would be paused cause of one person's funeral? No doubt he was popular but really Nigerians need to learn to focus on what's important and quit allowing themselves be ruled by their past,  Really now! 0_o

PS/
I am not suprised!

HOW E TAKE CONCERN YOU, !! shocked shocked shocked angry BUSY BODY IF WE HAD BIAFRA THEN BIAFRA WOULD HAVE STOOD STILL ON THAT DAY FOR HIM. GO AND HUG A TRANSFORMER IF YOU NO LIKE AM.!! BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES INFACT THAT DAY SEF I DEY ADVOCATE MAKE THE WHOLE NIGERIA CLOSE DOWN BUT NO WORRY MASSOB GO DO AM OUR OWN WAY TO THE BIGGEST HERO grin grin grin cheesy cheesy wink wink kiss
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by member479760: 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
These guys never celebrate General Affiong that delivered them from the evil like this. Calabars shine your eyes well well.
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by HighChief4(m): 12:35am On Feb 21, 2012
Ojukwu had always respected the people of Aba and he personally asked his body be taken to Enyimba city when he dies. RIP Ikemba
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by Dainfamous: 12:45am On Feb 21, 2012
UMU ABA no dey carry last oh  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy either u are against us or u are with us full stop angry aba will be on fire that day cheesy
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 21, 2012
Aba should be excused out of all this.
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by musiwa43: 6:28am On Feb 21, 2012
candle light for ojukwu  i want to organize it in  canada,     i am not sure if people will come out in the cool now. it is cool at here now.
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by safarigirl(f): 7:45am On Feb 21, 2012
^^lmao, seriously? Candlelight in Canada? Would like to see that happening
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 21, 2012
rip
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by ReachRich(m): 7:59am On Feb 21, 2012
Properties for Sale in Abia

(1) 104 PLOTS OF LAND:- OUTRIGHT SALE
Harcourt Express way.
Best use:Private University or Housing
Estate.
Title: C of O N/B: 20 minutes drive from Aba & 10
minutes drive to Port-Harcourt.
Price:N300m

(2) 20 plots of land on Library
Avenue,Umuahia.
Best Use: Hotel &Housing Estate. Title: C of O.
Attraction: Banks & Government
Ministries are its neighbours.A minute
drive from Government House.
Asking Price: N180m
More

3) 3 storey building of 6 flats with large empty space on Umuobasi street, Umuahia.Price is N30m.
4) 1 duplex of 5 rooms & a Boys quarter with large empty space on Umuobasi street Umuahia.Price is N35m.
5) 1 bungalow of 4 rooms with masters bedroom,3 separate toilets,POPED sitting room,sit-out measuring 12*12,a car garage,empty space measuring 100*50,boys quarter of 2 rooms,toilet,bathroom & kitchen and a plant house located at World Bank Estate,Umuahia.Price is N19m.
6) 1 storey building on lagos street by Calaber road Umuahia at N32m.
7) 1 bungalow on Uzuakoli road Umuahia at N18m.
cool 1 plot of land measuring 130*60 on Azikiwe road Umuahia at N30m.

For enquiries,visit our office at 37 Azikiwe road Umuahia or call Green on 08037918277 or Richard on 08036616829.
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by yommyuk: 8:11am On Feb 21, 2012
When is the body of Ojukwu going to enter the soil. All this parading of a dead body does not seem right to me.
Let the dead rest in peace and just keep his memory of his deeds alive.

Na wa o ooooo angry
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by stepo707: 8:44am On Feb 21, 2012
yommyuk:

When is the body of Ojukwu going to enter the soil. All this parading of a dead body does not seem right to me.

Na wa o ooooo angry
Abi oh
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 21, 2012
safarigirl:

^^lmao, seriously? Candlelight in Canada? Would like to see that happening

Hey Young Lady You better watch your Mouth cool, anything for The strongest and bravest man in Africa!
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by silibaba: 11:48am On Feb 21, 2012

Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28
« #25 on: Today at 08:44:51 AM »

Quote from: yommyuk on Today at 08:11:03 AM

Na wa o ooooo Angry
Abi oh

jelousy grin grin
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by yommyuk: 12:57pm On Feb 21, 2012
silibaba:

jelousy grin grin

Give me a reason why i will/must be jealous of ojukwu? undecided

Bear in mind that i am not discrediting the man, it just carrying his lifeless body all around town that I am concerned about.
A better option may be emblaming his body, put it in a showglass on display, turn it into a shirne, and start worshipping him.

I beg go bury d man and let his soul rest in peace. and gather yourselves together and lets get Nigeria moving forward. sad
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by chyseth(m): 1:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
ABA GO AGBA OTO LIFE CHEYYYYYYY
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by ChrisChino(m): 4:05pm On Feb 21, 2012
Aba go shake wella, i trust all my ibo brothers, they will turn that stadium into market, selling all there wears from Ariaria and cemetary Markets, ! No dulling for Aba.
Re: Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 by arsenal1(m): 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2012
Ikemba, You will never die. You must continue to live amidst us. The man who clearly saw tomorrow, Adieu!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi Awards Pedestrian Bridges, Roads and Stadium To Be Completed Within 30 Weeks / The Forgotten Army Of WWII: West Africa’s Soldiers In Burma / Eko Atlantic City Takes Blame For Lagos Flooding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.