Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It (16051 Views)

Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / Is It Right For Mothers To Tongue Kiss Children (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by TEEGBE: 4:20pm On Feb 21, 2012
BROS , U NEED DELIVERANCE O grin

A LOT OF MEN ARE OUT THERE LOOKING FOR SPIRITUAL WIVES, U ARE HERE COMPLAINING , angryMCHEWWWWW
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by BBDelta(m): 4:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
AT POSTER, For the first time on Nairaland, I took my time to read every comment on a topic, Suprise! really at myself. I am Christian and manifest the Presence of the HolySpirit in My Life through the Speaking of Tongues. Now, Tongues are unknown Languages in form of a spiritual tool which is release from Heaven from the HolySpirit on a born again Christian (A Person who accepts Jesus Christ a His Lord and personal Saviour, through which the Human Nature of Sin is eradicated from His Life) for effective communion with God Almighty without the devil acknowledging that communication or communion and keeping the devil totally blank of the communication with God.

Now some body would ask does the devil hear what I say when I pray to God? The answer is YES, but when you pray in tongues or worship Him in Spirit (i.e pray in the spirit, without muttering words not speaking in tongues this time) at time when you have totally dedicated your spirit to God, the devil does not hear what you say to God.

Now Like every Good tool at our disposal for Worshipping God, there is ABUSE, and most of this ABUSES comes as a result of lack of proper understanding of WHAT the tool is meant for, or HOW the tool is to be use.

There are things (Places, times, Instrument & Equipment, Process or Acts) which AID a particular person to have effective communication or communion with God like Churches, Songs, Messages, Night-time, quite places, mountains, desert, culture, way of life of similar people and so many to mention as they changes and unfold as life itself metamorphoses and diversifies. Now the effectiveness of this tool does not depend on any of this above mention things or class of thing. If a person have an understanding or ideology that the Effective of this tool lays on this aids, THAT IS THE FIRST AND MAJOR ABUSE…………, an anything built on a wrong foundation is bound to crumble Good or Bad. Now the second ABUSE IS WHAT TONGUES IS MEANT TO DO, Tongues is not meant to show a measure of Spiritual sensitivity or strength, infact, I see Majority of Nairalanders just like the Majority of Christians out there say, it a way to show your wife is very spiritual WRONG!!!!!. The evaluation of spirituality or service to God or communion to God cannot be determine by any activity on earth from the perspective of any man (but God) or determine by any man, no matter who you are, you can not say this man has the fear of God, you can only have a myopic evaluation, which you are entitled to. Most men of God (Revs, Bishops, Pst etc) have been guilty of this and it has affected the mentality of many including YOU, (sorry to point it out so bluntly, because you admit that “the whole thing looks very strange to me, she herself has become a strange person to me, it scares me whenever she starts all those syllables of speaking in unknown tongues, even at some points, she goes in spirit.”

My personal experience is this, two days ago, I stopped my wife from praying at night, you maybe surprise, I noticed my wife wakes up at 12:00 noon exactly, I mean exactly to pray at for exactly 2hours nothing less and nothing more, I love been meticulous but that was kind of strange, and the understand made me to understand that she have an iota of conclusion that this aids of Night-time and time duration has an effect on the effectiveness of the prayer. WRONG!!!! Secondly, I have been educating her on to how have a positive perspective on attacking and solving situation, she grew up in CAC, and the believe is there are witches that flies between 12:00 and 2:00pm, so that is the best time to hack them down WRONG AGAIN!!!!.

Now from my perspective in a home (husband, wife and children) the Husband is the Head and must do every thing within his capacity to remain the head but not hindering the growth of other members because you want to be the head. You are suppose to be the Spiritual Head of that Family, So you need to have a deep understanding about all spiritual activities including the ones you do not believe in, I have often said if my any mean I married a Muslim, before she would no what is happening I would have finish and had a proper and superior understanding of the Quran, and guide her properly to become a good Muslim or if she accepts to become a Christian, I will guide her adequately, (Although, the quest for this knowledge is why you are putting up this question, you need more than just asking Nairalanders, run searches, read books and let her be surprise at the depth of your knowledge, she will listen to you).

So, You must really do some serious work and study on what this Tongues is? And what it is used for, then study her and teach her if you think she has an abuse of it.

My Finally Words, It a Good tool she has got there, but all the conditions above must be meet and you will enjoy yourselves, but pulling her away from the Church is not the solution, She is not speaking in tongues because she attends the Church NO, infact, if I am with this type of zeal as soon as I attend the Baptist, as soon as it is prayer time, I will caught off in tongues and will really be happy, I had a time to communicate to God in Tongues, since you may probable have stop her from praying in tongues in the House, and you will really not like to be beside her, with the eyes of people who do not believe or understands what she is doing

Just one thing, I don’t understand what you mean by prophesying in tongues?

Cheers Bro.

Odafe Victor
Victor.Odafe@kbr.com
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by humblebee: 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2012
chei, if only my uncle's wife could take after your wife, he'll be the happiest man and also return home early. maybe you should switch wife with him cos she is a regular church attendee and would rather go to parties than spend time speaking in tongues, please have a re-think. just let her know why ure not so comfortable with it excessively.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by gunshin: 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2012
BBDelta:

AT POSTER, For the first time on Nairaland, I took my time to read every comment on a topic, Suprise! really at myself. I am Christian and manifest the Presence of the HolySpirit in My Life through the Speaking of Tongues. Now, Tongues are unknown Languages in form of a spiritual tool which is release from Heaven from the HolySpirit on a born again Christian (A Person who accepts Jesus Christ a His Lord and personal Saviour, through which the Human Nature of Sin is eradicated from His Life) for effective communion with God Almighty without the devil acknowledging that communication or communion and keeping the devil totally blank of the communication with God.

Now some body would ask does the devil hear what I say when I pray to God? The answer is YES, but when you pray in tongues or worship Him in Spirit (i.e pray in the spirit, without muttering words not speaking in tongues this time) at time when you have totally dedicated your spirit to God, the devil does not hear what you say to God.

Now Like every Good tool at our disposal for Worshipping God, there is ABUSE, and most of this ABUSES comes as a result of lack of proper understanding of WHAT the tool is meant for, or HOW the tool is to be use.

There are things (Places, times, Instrument & Equipment, Process or Acts) which AID a particular person to have effective communication or communion with God like Churches, Songs, Messages, Night-time, quite places, mountains, desert, culture, way of life of similar people and so many to mention as they changes and unfold as life itself metamorphoses and diversifies. Now the effectiveness of this tool does not depend on any of this above mention things or class of thing. If a person have an understanding or ideology that the Effective of this tool lays on this aids, THAT IS THE FIRST AND MAJOR ABUSE…………,  an anything built on a wrong foundation is bound to crumble Good or Bad. Now the second ABUSE IS WHAT TONGUES IS MEANT TO DO, Tongues is not meant to show a measure of Spiritual sensitivity or strength, infact, I see Majority of  Nairalanders just like the Majority of Christians out there say, it a way to show your wife is very spiritual WRONG!!!!!. The evaluation of spirituality or service to God or communion to God cannot be determine by any activity on earth from the perspective of any man (but God) or determine by any man, no matter who you are, you can not say this man has the fear of God, you can only have a myopic evaluation, which you are entitled to. Most men of God (Revs, Bishops, Pst etc) have been guilty of this and it has affected the mentality of many including YOU, (sorry to point it out so bluntly, because you admit that “the whole thing looks very strange to me, she herself has become a strange person to me, it scares me whenever she starts all those syllables of speaking in unknown tongues, even at some points, she goes in spirit.”

My personal experience is this, two days ago, I stopped my wife from praying at night, you maybe surprise, I noticed my wife wakes up at 12:00 noon exactly, I mean exactly to pray at for exactly 2hours nothing less and nothing more, I love been meticulous but that was kind of strange, and the understand made me to understand that she have an iota of conclusion that this aids of Night-time and time duration has an effect on the effectiveness of the prayer. WRONG!!!! Secondly, I have been educating her on to how have a positive perspective on attacking and solving situation, she grew up in CAC, and the believe is there are witches that flies between 12:00 and 2:00pm, so that is the best time to hack them down WRONG AGAIN!!!!.

Now from my perspective in a home (husband, wife and children) the Husband is the Head and must do every thing within his capacity to remain the head but not hindering the growth of other members because you want to be the head. You are suppose to be the Spiritual Head of that Family, So you need to have a deep understanding about all spiritual activities including the ones you do not believe in, I have often said if my any mean I married a Muslim, before she would no what is happening I would have finish and had a proper and superior understanding of the Quran, and guide her properly to become a good Muslim or  if she accepts to become a Christian, I will guide her adequately, (Although, the quest for this knowledge is why you are putting up this question, you need more than just asking Nairalanders, run searches, read books and let her be surprise at the depth of your knowledge, she will listen to you).

So, You must really do some serious work and study on what this Tongues is? And what it is used for, then study her and teach her if you think she has an abuse of it.

My Finally Words, It a Good tool she has got there, but all the conditions above must be meet and you will enjoy yourselves, but pulling her away from the Church is not the solution, She is not speaking in tongues because she attends the Church NO, infact, if I am with this type of zeal as soon as I attend the Baptist, as soon as it is prayer time, I will caught off in tongues and will really be happy, I had a time to communicate to God in Tongues, since you may probable have stop her from praying in tongues in the House, and you will really not like to be beside her, with the eyes of people who do not believe or understands what she is doing

Just one thing, I don’t understand what you mean by prophesying in tongues?

Cheers Bro.

Odafe Victor
Victor.Odafe@kbr.com

What i mean by saying 'prophesying in tongue' is when she goes in spirit' like worshippers from Cherubim & Seraphim.
Victor, sincerely, i must confess that ur comment and advice gives me peace and also shows me a direction. You can imagine quite a lot of posters have started calling me so many names. If i want to act so wickedly, i need not informing anyone for advice, at least i love my wife so much. It's just the fear and apprehension i feel that makes me seek people's opinion. I am not wicked and am not an Anti Christ as well. But i used to hear so many controversies about this doctrine of 'tongue speaking' so many times. Some say the gift is totally gone,
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by kizito96(m): 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
Pray that it is not the evil spirit that has taken possession over her. If it is the spirit of God, then you have nothing to worry about because she will be a blessing in the long run as far as the spirit has not led her to neglect her wifely role. You need payers also. except you have something to hide too
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Sweetlemon(f): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2012
The gospel truth here is that the poster's wife has started acting too 'holy' which the poster is not comfortable with since he's more of a jovial person.
The wife here is very wrong because her new found spirituality should not stop her from acting sexy with her husband as she used to. This is what is irritating the poster and not really the fact that she speaks in tongues.
@op, like others have said, talk to her gently and tell her that she really HAS to continue being sexy with you if she does not want your marriage with her to suffer. If she still insists, talk to her pastor. This is a serious issue!
Warning to all those wives out there. No matter how 'holy' or spirit-filled you are, you have to still play you role as wife to the fullest. The bible says that the marriage bed is not defiled so being sexy with your hubby is acceptable (and in fact, commanded)by the God who created our sexuality
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by MeGaStReEt: 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2012
God have mercy
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Rossikk(m): 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2012
moremi2008 said

What has light got to do with darkness? How did you two become equally yoked? Bros, are you sure you're not possessed? I have never seen any Christian husband complaining that his wife is now filled with the Holy Ghost and his house is no longer "fun"! You mean "fun" in the worldly way, right? Are you sure you are a born-again Christian? This is the strangest thing I have ever heard from a Christian husband and the replies so far are full of all manner of dead works.

This man is resentful of his wife because she is now baptized with the Holy Ghost and instead of rejoicing and seeking this baptism for himself, he is complaining here on Nairaland and seeking ways to stop the flow the Spirit. Here is the good news my friend: you can't stop the work or the move of God. If you are a born-again Christian like you say you are, then you will know that your only recourse is to get on your knees and seek God's face for your own encounter with the Holy Spirit. I am sure your wife is also praying for you. Why don't you pray with her everyday for the next month and see what happens? Do you now want to start resisting the Spirit in your wife's life or start making her life miserable because of her fellowship with the Lord? Do you want to become a stumbling block, thus inviting a visitation of God's wrath.

Have you tried following her to her church if only out of curiosity? Have you asked the Holy Spirit for your own baptism? Have you gone to see your own Baptist pastor for advice? Do you think you can find good spiritual advice on Nairaland? There is so much wrong with this thread. I don't even know where to start from. May God give you the wisdom and grace to do the right thing. Amen.

Damn, you sound soooo stupi.d and dumb.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2012
Quite possibly Gunshin feels his wife chantings are bordering on the fanatic. Has anyone thought of that? In everything in life, there should be a healthy balance. I personally would not like religious chantings, especially if it's random, and not just prayer time. So unlike many here, I can see where Gunshin's coming from.

I'm Catholic, and was not brought up in a home where chanting was the order of the day, so I would certainly not like it in my home. Certainly my children will be brought up as catholics, when they're older they're quite welcome to change denomination, if they so desire.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Rossikk(m): 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2012
^^^^I hope they're also 'quite welcome' to drop the religion entirely 'if they so choose'.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 21, 2012
Rossikk:

^^^^I hope they're also 'quite welcome' to drop the religion entirely 'if they so choose'.

Absolutely. Regardless of what parents feel, religion can't be forced on their children. Sure you may drag them to church / mosque / synagogue but if their spirit doesn't accept what you're trying to instill in them, it's all a waste of time.

But we're digressing - back to the topic posted.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 21, 2012
The poster has a point. I think Nigerians are very easily deceived by anything. Who are you to determine what is spiritual and what is not? Some posters are even claiming that the man is possessed. Uttering incoherent stuff does not automatically translate to speaking in tongues.

A good christian wife is Godly and she also brings happiness, satisfaction and peace of mind to the house.

Two things here - it is all about agreement before marriage. People who believe in certain things should stay together and people without common points should not.

No poster here has the right to claim any of them (husband/wife) is not 'spiritual' enough. It is all about what you believe.

Any home where one of the parties is not happy is not enjoyable.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2012
divine2043:

The poster has a point. I think Nigerians are very easily deceived by anything. Who are you to determine what is spiritual and what is not? Some posters are even claiming that the man is possessed. Uttering incoherent stuff does not automatically translate to speaking in tongues.

A good christian wife is Godly and she also brings happiness, satisfaction and peace of mind to the house.

Two things here - it is all about agreement before marriage. People who believe in certain things should stay together and people without common points should not.

No poster here has the right to claim any of them (husband/wife) is not 'spiritual' enough. It is all about what you believe.

Perfect surmission here, I couldn't have said it any better.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by merengue: 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2012
But some of you are daft sha o, here's a person seeking honest advice, yet you are here saying he is saying such because he is "not born again"? How much more unintelligent can you be. . @Poster: Dude she's your wife, call her, talk to her and reason with her. Also try to attend one of her church services so you can get a better understanding of where she's coming from and a fresh perspective, pay no heed to all those holier than thou donkeys who are sitting in judgment over your case, they are sad, miserable people who forget the Biblical injunction of not judging someone else.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by GboyegaD(m): 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2012
gunshin:

What i mean by saying 'prophesying in tongue' is when she goes in spirit' like worshippers from Cherubim & Seraphim.
Victor, sincerely, i must confess that ur comment and advice gives me peace and also shows me a direction. You can imagine quite a lot of posters have started calling me so many names. If i want to act so wickedly, i need not informing anyone for advice, at least i love my wife so much. It's just the fear and apprehension i feel that makes me seek people's opinion. I am not wicked and am not an Anti Christ as well. But i used to hear so many controversies about this doctrine of 'tongue speaking' so many times. Some say the gift is totally gone,

IMO, I would suggest you calm down and try to understand things well enough. Your major challenge I think is that you have a serious bias about some things because you were not used to them however, it would be better if you open up your mind to new things and learn more about how God works. Your mindset of some things pertaining to some churches instead of seeing it as the things of God is the reason why you have fears. Free your mind from all those perception of yours and then it would be lot easier to communicate with your spouse so that if she hasn't been doing things moderately, she would be able to for I percieve you just thinking about it from your own perspective alone with your usual bias.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
Cheers Siena.

@Merengue, spot on. The word is daft over and over again. The guy has poured out his heart and is being sprayed with obscenities . Nigerians are pathetic. Very quick to defend their 'christian denomination' but slow to reason and slow to do the right thing.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Feb 21, 2012
I was born and raised a Baptist

I would be worried if my wife suddenly becomes fire brand and speaking in tongues etc

I can see where the OP is coming from
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by moremi2008(m): 5:54pm On Feb 21, 2012
divine2043:

I don't think you read the original post. Where did he say that his wife isn't bringing peace of mind? He was only complaining that the house isn't "fun" any longer. If that's the reason why he exchanged vows with her, then speaking in tongues has NOTHING to do with his marital issues. So you are suggesting that they should have agreed that neither of them would ever speak in tongues before marriage? Are you even following the logic of your own arguments?

The regulars in this section (especially the feminist cabal) are sophisticated enough about these issues to see if this woman is somehow abandoning her marital duties. From what this man has said, she isn't. He only wants his house to be "fun," whatever that means. Did he even approach his wife about bringing back the "fun" with concrete suggestions for increasing the "fun" level? Did he go out of his way to introduce such "fun" activities? When last did he take his family on a "fun" leisure trip?

The issues with this marriage are spiritual. They are both Christians and he should know better than to come on here seeking advice from a public gathering. Doesn't he have a spiritual leader? Are there no Christian elders in his Baptist church they can both talk to? This man needs to go back on his knees in prayer. This is not how Christ instructed us to love our wives. This man just comes across as seriously immature and envious.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 21, 2012
@Moremi2008. Fun translates to happiness. Take time to study stuff. The post is very clear and the poster is clearly worried and unhappy about the development. I do not know if you are married or in a relationship or what your idea of being married is but happiness is the ultimate. Anything which could lead to unhappiness must be looked at.

It is possible the couple did not do their homework well before marriage.

Do not be one-sided and read my replies carefully. What is speaking in tongues? If that is your sign of being a christian then of course it is easier when you are with someone who does same. Simple.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by moremi2008(m): 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2012
divine2043:

@Moremi2008. Fun translates to happiness. Take time to study stuff. The post is very clear and the poster is clearly worried and unhappy about the development. I do not know if you are married or in a relationship or what your idea of being married is but happiness is the ultimate. Anything which could lead to unhappiness must be looked at.

It is possible the couple did not do their homework well before marriage.

Do not be one-sided and read my replies carefully. What is speaking in tongues? If that is your sign of being a christian then of course it is easier when you are with someone who does same. Simple.

So the wife's happiness isn't important too? When did "happiness" become the ultimate in marriage? I thought it was unconditional love and sacrifice.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Ayatullah(m): 6:27pm On Feb 21, 2012
I want to believe Jesus has not come to the world to bring confusion. I advise you get in touch with former pastor Mathew Oyewole, he will help find solution to this problem.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 21, 2012
divine2043:

Siena:

Quite possibly Gunshin feels his wife chantings are bordering on the fanatic. Has anyone thought of that? In everything in life, there should be a healthy balance. I personally would not like religious chantings, especially if it's random, and not just prayer time. So unlike many here, I can see where Gunshin's coming from.

I'm Catholic, and was not brought up in a home where chanting was the order of the day, so I would certainly not like it in my home. Certainly my children will be brought up as catholics, when they're older they're quite welcome to change denomination, if they so desire.

Reading through most of the comments of the 1st page of this thread,I was already feeling sorry for the poster. I'm glad comments like these are coming up.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by cantell(m): 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2012
@op,
Your wife is dull and has changed cos she no longer sees you as her husband, but an unbeliever.
You should be grateful she's not a member of deeper life. Those ones are "chineked pikins"(claim to be God's own)
Everythin you do is frowned upon, even your manly duties.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
allycat:

A few  years ago I worked with this extremely spiritual collegue, a lady who  wore no earrings, had her hair in shukwu , dressed very drably. Meanwhile she was always off to one church related function or crusade or prayer meeting and the rest of us in the office were always covering up for her and generally doing her duties. The day I went to her house I almost fainted because her wedding photos showed a beautiful young lady very unlike the person I was working with. I also met the husband who looked like a regular kind of guy nothing flashy or nerdy just regular. I recently met her cos I left that environment about 3 years ago and made the mistake of asking of her husband, apparently they had separated. The curses she poured on the man were something else, when I finally asked what the reason was she said he was talking nonsense about no longer being the woman he married and that he was tired of living like a stranger in his own house.

That is part of the many disadvantages of taking this religion thing to a fanatic level. The marriage broke and who is to be blamed. God did not intend for that to happen.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Outstrip(f): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2012
People jumping down the posters throat have not seen the fannatical christians in action. The best approach is to be honest with his wife about his feeling before she gets too caught up in it that she forgets that she has responsibilites to her husband. I wish them luck

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by baldman: 6:59pm On Feb 21, 2012
At OP: From the facts you have made available on this thread, your wife just got baptized with the holy spirit, and now she is a changed person. She appears sober, speaks in tongues, and (wonderfully) she is beginning to manifest a gift of the spirit- prophecy. As a person raised the Baptist way, you are understandably uncomfortable with this change in her personality. She doesn't laugh at every joke ( cos she has to be mindful of the ones that may have sinful coloration) She doesn't appear to be excited about sex, because she is going through a changing phase. The question is, as a christian of Baptist denomination, are you a born again christian, or you are just a regular christian? If you ave not experienced the circumcision of your heart through the experience of salvation, your fear and discomfort is appreciable, your wife just went a bit deeper, and you need to handle the situation carefully. Thank God you love her., don't be her first persecutor. If her experience is true, you are going to be the greatest beneficiary of the transformation at the long run. More than ever before, join her in her now-sure-to-be-regular prayer sessions, remind her of God's law about your bodies belonging to each other ( without being judgmental), sex being a gift of God to be enjoyed exclusively within the confines of marriage. Don't push too hard when it comes to some naughty stuffs you two use to do, just let her relax and gain control of her new experience. Let me assure you that she loves you, and she will not knowingly do anything that may jeopardize your marriage to her. Do not try to fight her spirit, if it is the holy spirit, you might want to learn to be His partner and not His competitor. As regards the gift of prophecy, it is not evil and it is part of the pentecostal experience, she will learn to put things under control as time goes on. Your wife is not gone, you just need to allow things to settle in and in a matter of time, you will have her back and better. Take the lead, go deeper with God. Good luck

Overall,
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by ronkebp(f): 7:17pm On Feb 21, 2012
@ Gunshin, don't let anyone deceive you, what your wife has is a gift, would you like it, if it was you that was speaking in toungues and your wife was not comfortable with it

Do you know how long she has been praying for that gift

What kind of a husband  are you, if you cannot support your wife in everything Are you not supposed to respect her gift and support her?

I will advice you to restitute, and ask for forgiveness From God, Since you go to church often am sure you are farmiliar with the passage that says '' any sin committed against The Holy Spirit will not be forgiven''. if i were you, i will tread with caution.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by aglomar: 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
Incompatibility issues. Shows that you don't eve attend d same church. learn to talk things over with her because at that level in the spirit, anything that wants to separate her from Christ may have to go, including you.

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Kimmo(f): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2012
Na wa ooo, I dnt knw why this man's complaints make him a villain oh . . I dunno bou d practice in Winners, but d way ds new age tongues is ehn, I don't blame him at all. I knw for a fact that some of these churches teach tongues like a course. Gone r the days when ppl pray in clear lingo. I'm sure it looks to him like it's a fad, something that's all d rage these days. Ppl who speak in tongues feel that they r absolved of all other laws that bind us as humans, n I've been in close quarters wth someone whose newfound love was spiritual thngs, n it's not as straightforward n true as we think. As a student, my mates in uni used to speak in tongues, then we'd all go clubbing a few hrs later.
Again, ur being baptist might b a factor too, (I'm anglican)those of us who were raised in orthodox churches simply choose to hold on to our faith the way we always have. In good old English, yoruba, or others

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by modavi: 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2012
na wa for dis life ooh, one man's food is another man's poison--some men are looking for women that will be like this sef. abeg join her jor, 'one shall chase one thousand and two shall chase ten thousand" Deut 32 vs 30---you do not know the value of what you have. Man shall not live by bread alone, matt 4 vs 4-in this context i will say you should not live by sex alone, it is not food. It is true that one of the reasons for marriage is to satisfy or sexual urges but where then is the place for prayers? "Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency" 1corin 7vs 5--make this clear to her.If she starves you too much,then you can both go back to the drawing board,sit and talk things over.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by JesusDWay(m): 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2012
@pOSTER. U BETTER GET THAT SAME SPIRIT FAST. YOU MAY BE FIGHTING AGAINST GOD IF YOU INSIST ON MAKING YOUR WIFE LOSE WHAT SHE'S RECEIVED FROM GOD AND I DOUBT IF YOU HAVE THAT STRENGTH. THERE'S NO RUNNING AWAY FROM GOD, IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET CLOSE TO HIM NOW, WHEN YOU DIE, YOU WILL STILL STAND BEFORE HIM. THE BIBLE SAYS WE MUST BE BORN AGAIN. I DONT THINK I NEED TO EXPLAIN WHAT THE WORD 'MUST' MEANS, AND SO, ITS AFTER ONE IS BORN AGAIN THAT HE/SHE RECEIVES THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT MAKES HIM/HER TO SPEAK IN OTHER TONGUES. I'LL SAY YOU ALSO RECEIVE WHAT GOD HAS FOR YOU IF YOU ARE HIS CHILD INSTEAD OF RESISTING IT IN YOUR WIFE. I TELL YOU THE TRUTH, ITS THE TRUTH I'VE TOLD YOU.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
A question to some of the more fanatic here. Are those that "speak in tongues" (apparently) all bound for Heaven, and the other regular Christians / Muslims that don't chant doomed?

Because honestly, this all seems like so much mumbo-jumbo to me - yeah, my opinion, so bite me if you don't like it!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help!my 11-year Old Niece Wants To Have S/E/X. / How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? / My Father Always Swears For Us His Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.