Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. (12589 Views)

How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services / Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare / Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by noiseless: 11:12pm On Feb 20, 2012
The only time the future will begin to look bright with anyone will be when people stop being too economical with the truth,we are tired of people always lying about how their cocoa or their groundnut alone was used in building the country,such claim is laughable. Coal was discovered for first in this country in 1908 in enugu and the mining began in 1915/1916 and was used by the british to pop up tax and  running their administration in the country throughout pre colonial era til post colonial era before the drilling of black gold (oyel) when the greedy and crafty masters (northerners) and their partners in crimminality abandoned the coal,palm oil and rubber which were in abundance in the east.  So madam Zainab and co if you want to say the truth say it as it is and economising the truth will only make matters worse,or if you don't know then ask or learn.   Some people had free education given to them while many people were denied the right to free education only for the mineral resources from our back yard to be used run the govt for peace to reign,please!please!please enough of the lies,it is the same bull sh!t you have been using to feed the yourselves for over 50yrs when only the crap you choose to tell the nation and the world is what goes without a challenge, and if anyone dares he disappears overnight or war would be declared against his people with impunity.  SO SPARE US THAT HALF BAKED TRUTH.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by Obiagu1(m): 11:42pm On Feb 20, 2012
Since leadership by Northerners has brought backwardness to them, then I think the most prudent thing to do is to give up leadership and allow Southerners to lead them out of the mess they created for themselves.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by SamIkenna: 12:01am On Feb 21, 2012
Every man is the architect of his furtune - that's what my father always told me even when I was too little to digest it.

The north, just like other regions, can be an educational/economic power house if they make the right choices, unfortunately those choices are not pleasant to make initially because of our usual Nigerian factor or disease. This disease is what I call oil-induced laziness syndrome.

Like the saying goes - power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The north had absolute power + absolute control over oil for many years and the two combined to wreck havoc on their people. Before I go on I want to state here that no region is immuned from this self destructive path, lest no man laugh at the north. The reason I'm saying this is because now that SS has the presidency, eventhough they don't have absolute control of the oil under their feet, they should use the far north as a case study so as to avoid the mistakes/trappings of national leadership. They should massively invest in their people. We all know too well that self improvement and investment is a venture that can never go wrong because you are in-charge of the input and output.

Today the far north is unclad and increasingly isolated by people that once professed "one north" with them, however, all hope is not lost. The north can get back their charm by strongly joining the other regions in actively championing for SNC. If and when we get to the SNC and by hook or crook still decide to stay as one country that's not dominated or dictated to from the center, then and only then shall we have the good old educational/economic competition that was the hallmark of early post independence era. Once we bring back that kind of competition that is fed and sustained by hardwork and "can do" attitude of the people, I believe its only then that we'll begin to see the back of abject poverty, illiteracy, and ignorance.

I believe far north still has a fighting chance because in life you're down for as long as you want to.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by oiseworld: 12:03am On Feb 21, 2012
very good write up, but you can't compare a one religion coutry with one with 2 or more. So that illustration of indonesia,uae, or , Wouldn't be to applicable.
Any time nigeria appears on international tv, its one problem about leadership or realigious wahala. All from the north. Eg miss world beauty peagent, missing president, boko haram, one story about an adulterious woman to be stoned to death, Abeg dis people should get their bot.tocks together else,
The south also have theirs too, oh.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by Dainfamous: 12:23am On Feb 21, 2012
Kilode?!:

She should translate this into Hausa and drop the leaflets over Maiduguri and Kano Central markets.

No point preaching to the choir, those who need to read can't find her blog.

Same problem exist in the South w/o the religious fanaticm angle.

Nice article though.
very good point,
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by Dainfamous: 12:26am On Feb 21, 2012
noiseless:

The only time the future will begin to look bright with anyone will be when people stop being too economical with the truth,we are tired of people always lying about how their cocoa or their groundnut alone was used in building the country,such claim is laughable. Coal was discovered for first in this country in 1908 in enugu and the mining began in 1915/1916 and was used by the british to pop up tax and  running their administration in the country throughout pre colonial era til post colonial era before the drilling of black gold (oyel) when the greedy and crafty masters (northerners) and their partners in crimminality abandoned the coal,palm oil and rubber which were in abundance in the east.  So madam Zainab and co if you want to say the truth say it as it is and economising the truth will only make matters worse,or if you don't know then ask or learn.   Some people had free education given to them while many people were denied the right to free education only for the mineral resources from our back yard to be used run the govt for peace to reign,please!please!please enough of the lies,it is the same bull droppings you have been using to feed the yourselves for over 50yrs when only the crap you choose to tell the nation and the world is what goes without a challenge, and if anyone dares he disappears overnight or war would be declared against his people with impunity.  SO SPARE US THAT HALF BAKED TRUTH.
We don suffer cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by Dainfamous: 12:30am On Feb 21, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Every man is the architect of his furtune - that's what my father always told me even when I was too little to digest it.

The north, just like other regions, can be an educational/economic power house if they make the right choices, unfortunately those choices are not pleasant to make initially because of our usual Nigerian factor or disease. This disease is what I call oil-induced laziness syndrome.

Like the saying goes - power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The north had absolute power + absolute control over oil for many years and the two combined to wreck havoc on their people. Before I go on I want to state here that no region is immuned from this self destructive path, lest no man laugh at the north. The reason I'm saying this is because now that SS has the presidency, eventhough they don't have absolute control of the oil under their feet, they should use the far north as a case study so as to avoid the mistakes/trappings of national leadership. They should massively invest in their people. We all know too well that self improvement and investment is a venture that can never go wrong because you are in-charge of the input and output.

Today the far north is unclad and increasingly isolated by people that once professed "one north" with them, however, all hope is not lost. The north can get back their charm by strongly joining the other regions in actively championing for SNC. If and when we get to the SNC and by hook or crook still decide to stay as one country that's not dominated or dictated to from the center, then and only then shall we have the good old educational/economic competition that was the hallmark of early post independence era. Once we bring back that kind of competition that is fed and sustained by hardwork and "can do" attitude of the people, I believe its only then that we'll begin to see the back of abject poverty, illiteracy, and ignorance.

I believe far north still has a fighting chance because in life you're down for as long as you want to.
SS people are not that silly,all those militants they keep sending to abroad to study is a very smart idea because those guys will never go back to creeks again after seeing the other side of life by exposing them to outside world, i have seen some guys in U.S that fell so bad about their lifestyle in university in Nigeria join fraternities didn't get them anywhere they were even happy that they survive from that useless gangs,but few yrs back they thought it was the best way by risking their lives in schools doing bad boys unfortunate ones lost their lives
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by chuqudy(m): 1:31am On Feb 21, 2012
I never new there was any educated person in the muslim north. Before now I thought all northern muslims are fools. Zainab, kudos to you.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by azeezengr(m): 5:15am On Feb 21, 2012
"It is easy to complain and condemn. This writer can go a step futher to help her people. Translate it into their local dialect,get it printed and distributed. For those who cant read,get airtime on local radio stations and read it out. The north can only be liberated by the notherners. Time will tell.

", That's the response I find most fascinating and if Zainab is online, I want her to take this advice seriously even if it means getting fund for printing via BOKO HARAM!

@chukkudy, if that's what you believe before reading Zainab write-up, you are not better than ALMAJIRIS in thought just before then, why: because ALMAJIRIS believe ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE INFIDELS whether muslim Yoruba, Christian ibo, all na same when it's time to kill "infidels" by them!
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by ektbear: 5:15am On Feb 21, 2012
OP, nice post!

Still reading through it.

However:

"Though a cursory look at history deflates this impression since the proceeds from agricultural produce of the North virtually sustained the nation before the discovery of oil."

This is a lie.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by ektbear: 5:18am On Feb 21, 2012
"This paradoxical superiority complex has pitched us against other “minority” groups in the north who used to be our brothers but now regard us with contempt and derision and has been played upon by mischievous people to ferment ethno-religious tensions. "

hehe cheesy
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by ektbear: 5:20am On Feb 21, 2012
Many are quick to blame Islam or the mixture of religion and politics, but a comparison of predominantly Muslim societies who are doing relatively well-off such as the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Malaysia and Indonesia for instance shows Islam is not the problem, rather a crude cocktail of ignorance, and the perversion of religious teachings and cultural prescriptions. While in Iran, women outnumber men in Universities as many are highly educated and articulate, female literacy in Northern Nigeria by contrast remains abysmally low, one of the lowest in the world and ditto women empowerment though attitudes are positively changing at snail pace. The problem appears as a friend once stated that we haven’t found the right interface between culture and religion in the North.

Why is she making analogies with UAE, an oil-rich country? Or Malaysia, which has a huge, economically vibrant Chinese ethnic minority? Or Iran, which is very different from most other Muslim countries?

Why not comparisons with Niger Republic, your neighbor? Or Sudan?

She is not addressing this Islam question honestly, in my opinion. . . . she is hiding from the truth.

Part of the problem is Islam, at least as Hausa practice it.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by ektbear: 5:23am On Feb 21, 2012
The newbreeds like Nuhu Ribadu and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi who are viewed with suspicion or seem more interested in embroiling themselves in political controversy provide virtually little solace.

Hehe. I take it is she is just as unimpressed with Sanusi as I am.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by ektbear: 5:37am On Feb 21, 2012
I like 13volts and this Zainab person because they are at least introspective and try to ask questions about why the North is in its current state. They genuinely love their land and want it to improve.

Contrast this with a guy like ndu_chucks, who wants to play politics and games while his homeland is figuratively burning.

The former two actually care about the fate of their people. The latter guy. . . well who knows what motivates him other than political power?
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by deols(f): 6:30am On Feb 21, 2012
very well written. When u know d problem, it becomes half solved eh?

What i av found very hard 2 understand about the north is the existence of the al majiris. I just never thought it hard to put those young boys and girls in school. Make it a free and compulsory education and after 12 yrs of democracy nothing has changed. Even after kano had a former teacher as a governor?

Ppl blaming d problem on Islam are simply put, ignorant.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by ofala(m): 6:43am On Feb 21, 2012
Call them retarded and you will be right. Add blind thinking to their names,you also wouldn't have beeb far from the truth, What have their leaders done for the 38 years they have ruled Nigeria? Massively un-educated lots with cow brains, I say this with every sense of responsibility because I didn't just live in the North but have many of them as friends but it is unfortunate that majority of them have no future
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by youngboss1(m): 6:58am On Feb 21, 2012
Nice Write up
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by ektbear: 7:15am On Feb 21, 2012
deols:

Ppl blaming d problem on Islam are simply put, ignorant.

What is your argument for this? Why is Islam (at least as practiced by many H-F) completely unrelated to the problem?
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by LloydAchi(m): 7:26am On Feb 21, 2012
Nice write up. The problem with the north is very simple if only truth can be told.

THE ISLAMIC CLERIC (First) and THE POLITICIANS (Second).

Most troubles and riot (both politics and religious) starts after Friday prayers. Why is that? They do whatever their clerics tell them. The Almajiris are the willing tools in their hands. They prefer the unemployed to attend Arabic schools than going to the primary and secondary schools. They encourage them to beg everyday of their life (I don't know if this is in the Koran). Zainab should address their clerics first and let them change their message and teach the northerners to be more accommodating to people of other religion instead of thinking of them as infidels (though not everybody thinks that way). Don't get me wrong here - I know lots of northern guys that are great and well enlightened and educated ( I schooled among them), they also need to do their part.

Lastly get the Politicians to change their modus operandi. They are not superior and they should send/force their wards to attend conventional school first and then Arabic school if necessary. They use these Almajiris as their potent army during elections (2011 riots after elections comes to mind). This is all wrong. Nigeria has changed and people have come to know that their number (which they use to win elections) is now a myth. They should learn how to embrace other regions and accept that there are no slaves in Nigeria anymore (never was).
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by ofala(m): 7:31am On Feb 21, 2012
@ Lloyd Achi,good one there. God bless u
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 21, 2012
Are you guys so sure this is actually from a real "Zeinab", Post look rather unconventional in prose and theme to me for a Northern woman. Hope someone is not throwing a bait. Nice article though. . . Felt a sense of pity for her generation reading it.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by zeeleso(f): 8:04am On Feb 21, 2012
Beaf:

They took the same ugly mindset and inflicted massive problems on Nigeria. It is taking boko haram and the loss of political power to finally begin seeing the clouds of almajiris and 10 year old girl-brides; a sitting Senator from one of the most backward states (Zamfara) even imported a 13 year old Egyptian child to phuck for N250,000.00 (Pardon my language, but the situation calls for it); many argued that their religion allowed such paedophelia and was above the constitution.

It is disgusting.

. . .And madam, the core-Northern elite feels superior? It is the nature of a parasite to feel superior to its host.
It is the core-Northern talakawa I pity in all this, they are the victims who are too illiterate to even realise it.

Its not just the core northern elite that feel superior, every northern hausa/fulani feels superior to other ethnic groups. Even the beggar on the road in his mind believes he is ultimately superior to you. The superiority in itself would be tolerable(as long as its a state of mind) if only it wasn't a major contributing factor to the retrogression of the region.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by namfav(m): 8:41am On Feb 21, 2012
"Lastly is the all-out media war and propaganda against the North. From the mainstream media to social networks, online forums to blogs, it is hunting season for anything Northern (in this context, synonymous with the Northerner of Hausa-Fulani extraction but also any of the predominantly Muslim ethnic groups in the north: Kanuri, Nupe etc). At most you need an advertorial on the pages of the numerous dailies, at the very least, you need an internet connected mobile phone and you are set to begin unleashing your full arsenal against “Northerners”. The activities of Boko Haram which have claimed more Muslim lives, wreaked more havoc to Northern cities than anywhere else are attributed to desperate Northern politicians who lost out in the political chess game, a view peddled around even by erstwhile respected intellectuals; sectarian crises and conflict which abound in every part of the country, but more frequently in the North are mostly attributed to the Hausa-Fulani Muslims who are seen to be the culprits even in situations where they are victims; even the lacklustre performance of the Jonathan administration is attributed to the “evil Northerners”. The problems highlighted above: leadership, economic decline and socio-cultural challenges have rendered us a voiceless people in this media war and propaganda, we are unable to tell our stories strongly from our own perspective while others do it for us, and they paint their version of the truth in whatever colour hue they deem fit."

that is a important point, if you look at that that, it is actually the media creating some of this problems, they created the name "boko haram" just to get this group going, they make them bigger than they actually are, by bringing fear you make things difficult to control, they created the perception that northerners are illiterate, poor, uneducated, they created the perception that northern leaders can't lead, they created the perception that northerners have held nigeria backwards, people should not be ashamed of there problems, the north has problems, but it seems when people talk about problems in nigeria they only stop and start at the north, not the south, mind you anyone who has been to the south knows the endless problems, the media in nigeria is not honest, its driven by a blame agenda, northern leaders have been ridiculed for many years, what types of insults haven't buhari, ribadu, sanusi etc. got in nigeria? even tomorrow if we come up with a good enough leader the media will find ways to ridicule him and make him as null and void as possible to the southerner, it doesn't make sense to repeat what the media in the south has repeated, sure there are problems in the north, but what is being told that hasn't been told, what northerners, the writers, the contributers have to do is focus on the good things, if we cant do it for ourselves, don't expect anyone else to do it for us, write a critical article about the north it will be frontpage, write something which gives a positive outlook, it will have 50 views, lets be honest, we've already hit the bottom, no way but up now, the experiences will be positive, rally behind the positives, the north has a "template" which is historical and progressive that are leaders (we have many too chose from) can build from
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by uche2297: 8:48am On Feb 21, 2012
Zainab, the problem with the north or any land starts from bloodletting, the north is blood thirsty, they kill, and kill, and kill, and take pride in it, !
Almajiri, Yantauri, Hisbah, name it, are all killer squad,
The blood of the innocent will never stop crying, ! The blood of Abel cries on, !
The whites know this fact, Epitaph, mausoleum, etc is built in honour of the dead,
We have to start by building and writing the names of everyone killed in those murderous cities, STOP BLOOD LETTING In THE NAME OF RELIGION, !
The Imams have been a diservice to the youth, charging them on to the killing field,
WE WILL ALL DIE ONE DAY, ! BUT WE MUST MAKE OUR ENVIRONMENT AND LIFE BETTER THAN WE FOUND IT, PEACE, !
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by otondo55: 9:11am On Feb 21, 2012
The problem of the North/Hausa-Fulani is numerous, but tracing it to the root is challenging. I will trace it to the British government. They created a false air of believe in a Northern supremacy which was only a form of respect from other regions. Brilliant youths from the North have been let to waste away in this false believe. If Nigeria had been balanced at independence, with population figures rightly quoted, with parliament balanced, the North would have worked extra hard to catch up with the advantaged south. It is highly unfortunate that even children born today are made to believe in this fallacy up North. What this leads to is a celebration of mediocrity and a beclouded judgement.

Stand up for your right ! if it start today to be good, you started easily but who will save the north ?

without sentiment, religion, politics, region and tribalism. saving that which north is known for, if not northern story will always be told by non-northern. Who will save the north ?
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by favouredjb(f): 9:12am On Feb 21, 2012
noiseless:

The only time the future will begin to look bright with anyone will be when people stop being too economical with the truth,we are tired of people always lying about how their cocoa or their groundnut alone was used in building the country,such claim is laughable. Coal was discovered for first in this country in 1908 in enugu and the mining began in 1915/1916 and was used by the british to pop up tax and  running their administration in the country throughout pre colonial era til post colonial era before the drilling of black gold (oyel) when the greedy and crafty masters (northerners) and their partners in crimminality abandoned the coal,palm oil and rubber which were in abundance in the east.  So madam Zainab and co if you want to say the truth say it as it is and economising the truth will only make matters worse,or if you don't know then ask or learn.   Some people had free education given to them while many people were denied the right to free education only for the mineral resources from our back yard to be used run the govt for peace to reign,please!please!please enough of the lies,it is the same bull droppings you have been using to feed the yourselves for over 50yrs when only the crap you choose to tell the nation and the world is what goes without a challenge, and if anyone dares he disappears overnight or war would be declared against his people with impunity.  SO SPARE US THAT HALF BAKED TRUTH.

you are doing the same thing u accused others of doing
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by supereagle(m): 9:13am On Feb 21, 2012
Let her go extra mile by making it available in BBC Hausa , they all tune to that.They dont come to Nairaland. I rest my case.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by akings100: 9:30am On Feb 21, 2012
The best title for this piece is The North, A people in Terminal and steady Decline. The truth is the North is one of the MAJOR problem of this country.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by sowetto(m): 9:36am On Feb 21, 2012
This article is brilliant and a lot of her points a true although some of the things said are inconsistent with facts

* saying that agricultural revenues from the north was used to sustain the whole country before oil was found is a blatant lie.  Nigeria had 3 major cash crops cocoa, groundnut and palm oil; two of these are from the south. Oil was found in Nigeria in the 1950s that was before independence.

* saying that most of the victims of boko haram are northerners cant be proven and it does not exempt northern leaders from having a hand in the operation of boko haram. This guys have been well motivated, coordinated and funded. Some influential elements in the NORTH are effectively backing them. The prime targets of boko haram are not northern Muslims, they are Christians and southerners.
It is left for northen leaders to resolve the issue of boko haram because only they can. They should stop making unreasonable excuses ( like poverty, oil derivation, killing of muslims , corruption ) for boko haram.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by BERNIMOORE: 9:43am On Feb 21, 2012
[b]Nice Article, Hitting The Nail On The Head,

Only That This Kind Of Article Will Not Have A Meaning To All Northern Leaders Who Stubornly Believed That 'God Had Already Make Some People To Be Poor,And Some People To Be Rich' And So,You Cant Change Anything,They Always Choose Not To Be Realistic,

So How Do You Expect Change From Someone Like That,Or Someone Whose Decision Is Shaped To A Particular Pattern By His Religion?

For Example, The North Has 33 Yrs From Our 51 Yr Rule From Our Independence, But We In The South Are 30 Yrs Ahead Of Them In Everything,Education,Trade,Civilisation Etc. The Rate At Which They Breed The Almajiris In Kano Expecially Is The Most Wicked Thing That Can Ever Be Done To Human Race, And That Is Because Of Their Firm Religious Muslim Belief ( 'God Had Already Make Some People To Be Poor,And Some People To Be Rich' And So,You Cant Change Anything)

This Belief Makes Them Not To Plan Their Birth Rate,
Makes Them Not To Take A Good Responsibility Of Training Children They Bore
Abuse Under Age Girls To Start Rearing Children At An Early Age Without Having A Plan For Her Future.

And In All,They Promote Idleness To The Highest Degree With Their Lack Of Planning, And Now That They Have No Access To Be President To Steal And Distribute Free Money As An Act Of God, Or That Their Religious Belief Has Been Proved Wrong That They Are Born To Rule Is Just A False Feeling,Now They Want The Heaven To Fall.

Buhari For Example Is A Bad Looser The Way He Always Pursue The Case Agaisnt The Southern President. He Did Not Do That To Ibb That Overthrows His Gov'nt.
Buhari Overthrows A Democratic Government Of Shagari Instead Of Waiting For His Own Time To Contest,He Choose The Bloody Way.

Now What Betterment Did He Do For His People? Nothing, No Education, No Jobs, And The Auterity Measure Did More Harm Than Good To His Northern People.

Now Some People Still See Buhari A Someone Who Can Change Nigeria, ''Show Me Your Friend,Then I Will Know Who You Are''

From The Massive  Underdeveloped Northerners Perspective,Buhari Is A Failure Like Any Other Northern President.

I Have Always Say It That We In The South Are Not Compactible With The North,
And The Better We Split. Thats My Opinion

[/b]
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by asoderock(m): 9:46am On Feb 21, 2012
The article raised very interesting points. But to move the North forward and ultimately Nigeria, requires more than just an article. Serious work need to be done. First is a genuine change of the status quo by both northern political and religious leaders as well socio cultural changes.
Use Imams to teach followers that all religion are equal before God. Teach them that peace and prosperity is achieved by respecting and feeln no superior than others, there also need to be fundamental family and cultural changes, let the men be taught to take full responsibility for their own children, the idea that u can hv as many children as possible and Allah will take care has not in any where helped the North. Time has changed for God's sake.
The Northern politicians on their own shld also play down their superior and arrogant body language and disposition(They may not admit it, but everyone else see it). Don't act as though Nigeria belongs to your group, or that government is the only enterprise there is. Other regions will get the message and all will work together to put dis country to the path of greatness.
Re: Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 21, 2012
bull-crap, break this country up and see wonders (lets see all regions in 10 yrs), we all know the people behind the woes of the north hence the trillion naira security budget. south south NSA. south east COAS and you expect balance? (read what senator waku (xtian) said about what the plan is as obj told him). all points to the south wants the country broken and since we the northerners are so very useless why not just go ahead and drop us? it will be quite easy to achieve - that i promise you.

for your info people r already waking up in the north and will soon demand just that. boko haram ko shmeck harak ni, bombs everywhere. nonsense how come nobody is telling us about the bomb in the army barracks in kaduna anymore. please break the damn thing so that our nothern peeps can find peace and this stupid governors will not have a choice but to push people back to basics.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

120 PDP Governorship Aspirants Pick Forms, 12 Jostle For Presidency / Cross River Governor Presents N1.043 Trillion Budget Estimates For 2019 / President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.