Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,221 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely (12580 Views)

Buhari Postponed Election To Ensure Low Turnout On The Rescheduled Date – Atiku / Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement / Buhari Receives President Mahamadou Issoufou Of Niger Republic In Daura (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by iammolahs(m): 10:58pm On May 04, 2017
The visit of President Mahamadou Issoufou of Niger Republic to President Muhammadu Buhari scheduled for Friday has been postponed indefinitely.

The rescheduling, according to a statement by Mr. Buhari’s spokesperson, Femi Adesina, late on Thursday is at the instance of Mr. Issoufou who has another domestic engagement.

“All arrangements had been concluded for President Buhari to receive his Nigerien counterpart and his delegation at the forecourt of the Presidential Villa and attend the Jumaat prayers together as well as lunch, before the last-minute postponement?” Mr. Adesina said.

The spokesperson said a new date for the visit will be announced in due course.

Mr. Adesina’s statement on the reason for the postponement‎ shows it is not related to the bed rest of President Buhari who has not been seen in public in a while and has missed three successive weekly Federal Executive Council meetings.

The Information Minister, Lai Mohammed, has, however, said the president was fine and was only heeding doctor’s advice to take a rest.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/230401-nigerien-presidents-visit-buhari-postponed%25E2%2580%258E-indefinitely.html/amp

1 Like

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by MXrep: 11:06pm On May 04, 2017
iammolahs:
The supposed meeting between President
Muhammadu Buhari and his colleague from
Niger Republic has been cancelled amid
growing concerns over the former’s health
condition.
Buhari was to meet with President
Mahamadou Issoufou of Niger Republic, who
was bid to visit Nigeria Friday, May 5, 2017.
A statement by Femi Adesina, the special
adviser to the president on media and
publicity in Abuja, said the visit was
rescheduled by Issoufou. The visit was cancelled at the instance of
President Issoufou

According to the statement, the president of
Niger has another domestic engagement.
“All arrangements had been concluded for
President Buhari to receive his Nigerien
counterpart and his delegation at the forecourt
of the Presidential Villa and attend the Jumaat
prayers together as well as lunch, before the
last-minute postponement,” the statement
reported by the Nigerian Tribune said.
Source: https://www.naij.com/1102958-presidency-announces-cancellation-nigers-issoufou-buhari.html
Lying Liars

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by Sunofgod(m): 11:07pm On May 04, 2017
He should come still... For condolence visit.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by nero2face: 11:11pm On May 04, 2017
God, wetin these guys think say we be?, they don't even give a dam what will be going on in our mind, or do they think we don't reason at all?, these ASOCABAL really get liver sha...

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by ybalogs(m): 11:12pm On May 04, 2017
GCE result is out ,my neighbour's son had 4 E8 and 3 F9. He was asking me which school will accept such result... Well, I just advised him to try Sunday school. Only God can accommodate our weaknesses

Abi am I wrong in my advice?
Gud night

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by azaino: 11:19pm On May 04, 2017
ybalogs:
GCE result is out ,my neighbour's son had 4 E8 and 3 F9. He was asking me which school will accept such result... Well, I just advised him to try Sunday school. Only God can accommodate our weaknesses

Abi am I wrong in my advice?
Gud night

He should contest for Nigeria president, someone contested without result and won

141 Likes 15 Shares

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by criminalmindz: 11:24pm On May 04, 2017
Niger President cancelled the meeting. chai! 170 million mumu . the know Nigerians are fools

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by kingofcamelot: 11:30pm On May 04, 2017
Since I was born and now I am getting old i have never seen a vegetable ruling a country,Sister/brother have you seen?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 04, 2017
Morning headlines:
He was advised by his doctors to avoid meetings - Lai Mohammed grin

36 Likes

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 04, 2017
Morning headlines:
He was advised by his doctors to avoid meetings - Lai Mohammed grin grin

13 Likes

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by AustineE1: 11:54pm On May 04, 2017
We are definately going to wait and see which excuse they will come up with,if he misses friday jumat prayers,since according to Femi Adesina he was scheduled to attend it with the visiting president.
Very soon they will run out of lies!

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by AirFireEarthH20: 12:53am On May 05, 2017
Femi Adeshina a former Pastor has now graduated from Lie Mohammed Professional Academy of Lies. SMH for these Yorubas

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by otokx(m): 1:11am On May 05, 2017
AustineE1:
We are definately going to wait and see which excuse they will come up with,if he misses friday jumat prayers,since according to Femi Adesina he was scheduled to attend it with the visiting president.
Very soon they will run out of lies!

Liar can never run out of lies.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by TPAND(f): 1:12am On May 05, 2017
APC has lost tune

21 Likes

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by mykelmeezy: 2:24am On May 05, 2017
may the 5th be with buhari

im pretty sure every nigerian has a list of atleast 5 people in government they will want to visit yaradua

northern president n being ineffectual Vegetables r like

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by Nobody: 4:59am On May 05, 2017
What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and loose his life?....

On a lighter note...
Have the BMC's switched sides?
Not just on nairaland, blogs and facebook, even the newspapers.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:27am On May 05, 2017
It's not fair at all that Buhari's main blood cousin and president is not allowed to see his brother before the call. Of Allah...

Ayamnotundastandin...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by donaldinho111: 6:06am On May 05, 2017
malware:

You guys said the same thing when he was on medical tourism in the UK. You will never get tired. Alas, you will die before him, I prophecy that. You will be hit by a moving car within the next three days Ameen.
sai barber cheesy....Islamic supporters

22 Likes

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by Vicolan: 6:13am On May 05, 2017
To do what b4? Abi to pay condolence visit..... I'm not understanding......

4 Likes

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by EmeeNaka: 6:19am On May 05, 2017
Let's wait to see the president at Jumaat today.

5 Likes

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by Youngdream1: 8:36am On May 05, 2017
Its obvious why it was postponed. buhari is critically sick

3 Likes

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by ekems2017(f): 8:37am On May 05, 2017
God pls deliver this country from this mess.

2 Likes

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by Nobody: 8:37am On May 05, 2017
angry
He is scared of contacting buharigaities ailment sad

1 Like

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by stinggy(m): 8:37am On May 05, 2017
Same Adesina that said Buhari's health is not bad as being circulated in the news lipsrsealed
Same Buhari that we were made to believe resumed work on Tuesday(even though there weren't videos or pictures to back up the claim, may the Gods bless Sahara Reporters) but couldn't host the FEC meeting just the next day.

Why can't the likes of Abba, Tunde, Lawal, Mamman and others host this Nigerien president since they are now fully in power?
I pity Buhari for allowing these men toy with his health...

4 Likes

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by Mr2kay3: 8:37am On May 05, 2017
angry
Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by Nobody: 8:38am On May 05, 2017
Naturally...This charade can only be sustained for so long...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely by imehga32(m): 8:38am On May 05, 2017
otokx:

Liar can never run out of lies.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo / Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market / Anambra 2021: Major Leap For Maduka, 326 Wards Back Accord Party Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.