Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches (45372 Views)

Deeper Life Bible Church Among Other Churches? / RCCG, E.A. Adeboye (and All Other Churches) - Free Will Or Predestination? / The Truth About The Catholic Church: And Other Churches: In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by sunkoye: 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2012
me and you knows that churches and mosques are guilty of such offences. He should have done compressive research on such buildings and close them ALL, but see, the man is foolish enough not to use his native intelligence in his decision making angry
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:05pm On Feb 21, 2012
The Call to Prayer is very Loud and can be heard for Miles -even if it lasts 10 minutes, can he advise that the Call to Prayer be relayed through BB or SMS voice Messages so that the Faithful are not caught in this Landmark Anti-Noise Pollution decree grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by kemmeye: 6:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
omg are you kidding this is the best thing that has ever happened in a long time.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by naptu2: 6:10pm On Feb 21, 2012
On sunrise on channels tv sometime between 2007-2009, the then commissioner of the environment, Dr Muiz Banire, explained this law in detail.

He said that the law prohibits people from making noise beyond a certain threshold (forgotten the decibel level). If a church, mosque, nightclub, electricity generator, factory, etc makes noise beyond this threshold, residents in the area can call lasepa on specially dedicated phone numbers. Lasepa then issues an abatement notice. If the noise pollution continues, the premises is shut.

He said he had to stop using the electricity generator @ his office because it contravened the law.
The law was conceived when a test was conducted and it was discovered that a large percentage of children in Lagos State government schools had one form of hearing impairment or the other.

He listed churches, mosques, factories and nightclubs that had been shut for contravening the law.

The point is, if you feel there's a mosque in your neighbourhood that contravenes the law, why don't you report to lasepa and see if action won't be taken against that mosque.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2012
Good move!!!There is a church close to my house their services run through sunday to sunday 5am to 7pm daily,disturbing the whole area, fashola come to our rescue oh,let there be defined standards applied in places of worship if they cannot emulate Jehovah witnesses.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by naptu2: 6:20pm On Feb 21, 2012
I'm still searching for the phone numbers, but this is the website where you can make your complaints known to Lasepa. http://www.moelagos.org/desk.php?who=lasepa
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by naptu2: 6:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
There is a particular street in the Anthony Village area of Lagos where the residents association has banned churches, mosques and dogs. This occurred because there were 2 churches and a mosque that were competing for attention on the street. When the mosque starts the call to prayer, the churches would respond with their own noise.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by kilandcure: 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2012
one yawa mosque de opposite my house, pls come close am too, their noise is unbearable
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Wexelion(m): 6:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
You hear golden gate you hala,be like say you never hear jehova sharp sharp.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by MeAndYou(m): 6:37pm On Feb 21, 2012
But could this be a systematic persecution for this small disclosure:  

[size=14pt]Former Seme Border Based Robber, Head Hunter Confesses[/size]
http://chosennews.net/testimony/seme-border-based-armed-robberhead-hunter-confesses/

@naptu2:
So without reporting such, they can't monitor and do their job? Then let LASA wait till we report before removing billboard on the road. This is very selective.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by pillarbase: 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2012
pls my fellow nairalander,let put religion sentiment aside,we are all nigerian.The fact should remain a fact.It is high time we call a spade a spade.The noise pollution is constitute hazard to health.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by stagger: 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2012
Time was when I was always woken up by the 5am call to worship from a mosque close to my house.

Now as a Christian, I do not support churches being built close to residential areas. God does not support our causing discomfort to others and breaking the law in the name of worship.

But what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Of course, we all know what happens in the FCT any Friday the Vice President is going for prayers. You dare not find yourself on any roads leading to and from the Central Mosque. These are the things that should be addressed.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Pukkah: 6:47pm On Feb 21, 2012
This is a good step in the right direction.  Keep your belief to yourself whoever you are.  Are the religious houses preaching to those sleeping in their beds or inside the churches?  By the way, this should be applied to mosques, sellers of musical CDs as well.  In some residential areas, you find so many churches who blare noise from numerous loudspeakers at deafening decibels without a care for the sick or those trying to catch some rest!  Perhaps unknown to them, the noise is even unhealthy for those inside the churches.

Churches, or religious houses in general, that do not want to be shut down should keep within the noise threshold. Why do Nigerians find it very difficult to comply with simple rules?  Churches in Nigeria didn't use to be this noisy.  How come indiscipline and lack of concern for your neighbours are now part and parcel of Nigerians?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Afam4eva(m): 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2012
What about the mosques that wake people from sleep very early. Fashola should not tell me that he's taking after Sanusi.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by aglomar: 6:53pm On Feb 21, 2012
Great dev. I was telling my boss the other day that cleaning the environment entails limiting noise levels. bab fash should please extend this 'decree' to motor parks, road sides n other public places
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 21, 2012
Mosques that only shout ’hahilla awe hacku ba' habi na wetin een be def for almost  500 times disturbing the vicinity.de no fit shut dem down?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by otokx(m): 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2012
nice one, Rivers State should take a cue.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2012
I am an environmental engr, And let's call a spade a spade, Noise pollution is real, It's high time churches start using noise reduction and cancellation materials to build their churches, noise can
cause hearing impairment, hypertension,
ischemic heart disease, annoyance and
sleep disturbance. Changes in the immune
system and birth defects have been
attributed to noise exposure, Even psychological problems,mental illness and road accidents av been linked to noise pollution.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by moshoodn(m): 7:07pm On Feb 21, 2012
afam4eva:

What about the mosques that wake people from sleep very early. Fashola should not tell me that he's taking after Sanusi.
haba mana!
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by omar22(m): 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
Look as Christian! Mosque's call to prayer is around 5am (when 90% of the nation is awake) and the last call is around 8pm,  (which some organisation are still in operation)

Now do you want to compare that to some Churches that could go from 6pm to 6am,  Look I do pray in the middle of the night but theirs a balance you dont disturb your neighbour,

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by moshoodn(m): 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2012
stagger:

Time was when I was always woken up by the 5am call to worship from a mosque close to my house.

Now as a Christian, I do not support churches being built close to residential areas. God does not support our causing discomfort to others and breaking the law in the name of worship.

But what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Of course, we all know what happens in the FCT any Friday the Vice President is going for prayers. You dare not find yourself on any roads leading to and from the Central Mosque. These are the things that should be addressed.
they had rather blow the whole world than allow you deny them the privilege.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by baslone: 7:22pm On Feb 21, 2012
Fash,about no forget my n'hood o! I have A̶̲̥̅ mosque aήϑ about six churches on my street. About time to close down these scam outfits!
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by duke4ever: 7:27pm On Feb 21, 2012
peter Obi should also do same for the good people of Onitsha. The Mountain Fire behind my house does not allow us a sleep after the day's hustle and bustle in the busy Osha city.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Niyil: 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2012
Oyo state should also follow suit
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Leemak: 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2012
any policy by govt on religion actvities sometimes make some people foolish like Chuks49, even in England there is considerable level of noise by religion groups, some people cannot just b disturbing d peace of others because of worshipping, i rest my case.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Kimmo(f): 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
Habaa people. The moslems r jus for a few minutes each morning (we hardly hear d others during the day because of the surround sound) and it's just one person with a mega phone, not an entire congregation casting out witches/wizards. Evn the morning one sef, many evangelists go about with bells before dawn, asking us all to change from our fornicating ways etc. There's a fire/brimstone church one one side of my house, and a mosque on the other. Trust me, the difference is veeery clear.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by MEGAWATCH: 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2012
YOU GAT IDEAS? MEET BUSINESS INVESTORS AND CONNECTION ON www.bizinterest.com
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by mathskill: 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2012
Nigerians are one big hypocrits.We are our own problem.An organization flauted the law,all of a sudden the action the state government took is now viewed with religiouse colouration.I cause the day i was born a nigerian
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
Nigerians have become deaf because of this incessant noise making.I cant believe I have to shout for someone to hear when I call even when am in a quiet place.Its really terrible.Good Job Fashola, You need to also clear those guys selling music on the way side & bus-stops cos the noise is something else entirely.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Tinax(f): 9:28pm On Feb 21, 2012
i so much love this move, too much of every thing is bad, that chosn own is gettin out of hand, infact most churches in my area are totaly noise maker , every day vigil,mornin cry, shoutin as if na only them know God pass,
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by eghost247(m): 9:50pm On Feb 21, 2012
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaian Prostitute Confesses To Killing 100 Men And Rendering 70 Impotent / Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal / Traditionalcure, Spiritual Healing, Superstition, Voodoo, Magic, Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.