Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches (45373 Views)

Deeper Life Bible Church Among Other Churches? / RCCG, E.A. Adeboye (and All Other Churches) - Free Will Or Predestination? / The Truth About The Catholic Church: And Other Churches: In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Pukkah: 1:33pm On Feb 22, 2012
yemmight:

Shutting down churches is not new in Fashola’s administration but my concern is for ignoring nuisances mosques give in Lagos.  It is only in Nigeria that government make favoritism so glaring.  You can imagine a cBN Gov took a whooping 100m from country funds and donated to the people he believe share the same religion and tribe.  

akin33:

Base on d recent move by Lagos State govment in the closure of churches, if indeed God of Israel, Adeboye, Babalola knows abt d existence of those churches, let Fashola and his official wait and see if God d father, son and d Holy Ghost exist b4 ths yr. runs out. Hw many mosque have been close down over d so called noise polution With their early morning enchantment?

You guys are the ones guilty of 'favouritism'.  Did you see this balanced view below:

iukpe:

Lets speak the truth, how many hours do you have Muslims so called call to prayer, in 24hours?
I am a christian and I think the doctrines have greatly derailed from what it is supposed to be and there isn't a christian council to guide and correct or sanction what churches are doing today.

Then answer this, how many times in a day or how many days in a week do the loud microphones come on if you live close to a church in your area?

Churches and speakers actually became popular some 20yrs back or so, many churches did not do this in the past. But with very huge worship centers, I can understand the need but if they are really for your congregations outreach within the church i am sure speakers can be installed within that can boost the church service or session without greatly disturbing neighborhood.

These days even churches occupying small spaces for service or worship, will turn on microphones into excessively huge amplifiers and speakers, and their untrained keyboardist will play on the keyboard to his own pleasure not minding the singing tune or rhythm.

Then the issue of turning on the mic to "speak in tongues" is another issue before dawn, or at late night prayer. Lets be frank with ourselves, this is greater noise. God himself doesn't require that much noise to hear us.

Muslim's call to prayer is traditional i think. Churches need to control what they do cos its all gotten out of hand.

The government has a duty to promote sanity, and the churches should come together and regulate this methods. However government too should act so it will not be seen to close places of worship but to curb excesses of noise pollution.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by owanchief: 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2012
Just read Habakkuk 2:20 with these i hope you will be satisfy with it cos i don't know where they get the idea of dancing and playing heavy musical instrument in the so called house of God.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by yemmight(m): 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2012
@Pukkah,

I understand pple like you well. You perfectly ignored some vital points here. It is very obvious in Nigeria that xtians don’t get fair treatment in all government decisions. How many xtians have they killed in the North? How many have xtians killed in xtians dominated areas? God is watching.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Pukkah: 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2012
yemmight:

@Pukkah,

I understand pple like you well.  You perfectly ignored some vital points here.  It is very obvious in Nigeria that xtians don’t get fair treatment in all government decisions.  How many xtians have they killed in the North? How many have xtians killed in xtians dominated areas? God is watching.

My brother, of course God is watching. The issues of killing Christians in the North is a matter that affects the going-concern of Nigeria and people like us have been calling for a National Conference to discuss on how Nigerians, if they choose to remain as one, will live together. What would you have said if both Jonathan and Obasanjo were muslims? How come Jonathan has not taken decisive actions to end the unacceptable killing of Christians once and for all? Anyway, there's even no point polarizing the leaders along religious lines.

The issue of noise pollution however, is something that affects all of us including those generating the noise.  How many countries of the world are as undisciplined as Nigerians when it comes to making noise in religious houses, parties and music selling shops as well as blocking major roads due to religious activities? Where in the Bible is it written that people should play loud musical instruments in the dead of the night or blare into ear-splitting microphones from 8am to 4pm on Sundays? Don't they consider the comfort of others?

I am not in support of noise-making mosques and you've been informed on this thread of how the loudspeaker of an erring mosque was removed.  In fact, we would not be complaining if all the noise that religious houses made was limited to just 5-10 minutes per day and is within the acceptable decibel.  But these people go too far and are over-zealous in loudly pushing their messages across in buses (local and inter-state), residential areas, junctions, etc.  Is this not a growing type of nuisance?

I am in support of neither Islam nor Christianity.  I only support fairness, reason, and common-sense.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by naptu2: 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2012
If there is a church, mosque, night club, discotheque, electricity generator, factory, etc in your neighbourhood that violates the law, you can direct your complaints to

Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA), Lagos State Ministry of Environment (MOE)

http://www.moelagos.org/desk.php?who=lasepa

Secretariat Complex, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos

+234 1 4979030-9 (10 Lines), (Ext. 4818, 4067), 4930280-81(2 Lines)

Zip:  21402, Ikeja
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by naptu2: 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2012
You can also direct your complaints to the same address if there's someone engaged in air, water or land pollution in your neighbourhood.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by alahamad(m): 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2012
@Neptu2, and @Pukkah
You guys are the best, you've said it all nd I rest ma case kpakam,

I have been a member of NL since 2009 nd postly browse thru without commenting but honestly, This is one of the funniest threads I ever went thru on NL, Nd for those draging this issue base on religious sentiments, I am sure they never traveled abroad to see what living in peace looks like, nd like someone rightly said, even the whites and arabs that brought both religions do not constitute the kinda nuisance u find in Naigeria, especially in Lagos where everyone feels like a king,

@lastpage, ur sarcasm makes me laugh out soooo damn loud, ur a funny chap
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by doctorbabs(m): 6:14pm On Feb 22, 2012
Where were u people when MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AT ONIKE BRANCH USE THERE NOISE TO CHASED ALL LANDLORD AND LANDLAND OF THOSE AREA OUT OF THEIR HOUSES. THEY WERE FORCED TO SELL THEIR PROPERTIES TO MOUNTAIN OF FIRE. EVEN BIBLE SAID IT ONLY HYPOCRITE THAT STAND WHERE PEOPLE WE SEE HIM AND SAID HE PRAYING. WE CLAIM TO BE RELIGIOUS YET OUR COUNTRY IS NOT BETTER THAN EUROPES AND AMERICA.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by solutionpr(m): 5:01am On Feb 24, 2012
But why this unnecessary religion sentiment? May be the engineer is a Moslem.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Pukkah: 10:50am On Feb 24, 2012
solutionpr:

But why this unnecessary religion sentiment? May be the engineer is a Moslem.

Who is expressing the sentiment? You or the government?

Is the issue here the religion of the engineer or the underlying unacceptable menace of noise pollution?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Princewell2012(m): 3:00am On Jun 16, 2012
tayoTFC: sentiment apart , “The level of noise pollution allowed in the state is between 55 decibel during the day and 42 to 45 decibel at night,” he said.

imagine a small shop now turn to church with seek and save church or golden gate to even church, this church will worship 7am to 7pm every day with there loud speaker outside to actract there potential customer who have to to seek for prayer and other, their noise is too much to accomodate in a residential enviroment,
however, for muslim to be sincere there noise is btw 3 to 5 mins after which the iman and others will be praying in silent for another 20min, not like our christian brothers that have turn opining of church to business centre, May God help us

eko oni baje ooooo
although Iam not in support of their noise making we have to be sincere to our self we shoud do things in moderation, we should not disturb others because we want to worship God it is not the noise that bring people to God if I go to a church and the noise from the speaker is too much to my ear, I will just walk away. So whatever we are doing we should apply wisdom to it, weather chritian or muslim
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2012
I do not c any unfairness. Churches should not constitute a source of noise pollution.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by chrismarine: 1:41am On Oct 06, 2013
LASEPA chairman, Engr. Rasheed Shabi and who so ever that is given them order to shut down the house of GOD almighty should be ready to face the anger of God almighty when it will come, if you people believe you belongs somewhere that makes you feel inferior of not been afraid of God almighty that created you and give you air to breath for you to live,if you people refuse to repent and live the Christian to serve there God almighty,my prayer is that the God almighty whom we serve with all our heart in Lordschosenchurch will prove his power to you one by one in JESUS name(AMEN) and my prayer again is that what happen to Pharaoh with all the home of Egypt will happen to you everyone of you that gang up against the Lordschosenchurch and every other house of GOD that you people are pulling down in Jesus(AMEN) and i pray that God will transfer all the sicknesses and disease that the GOD of Chosen has rolled away from people to return to everyone of you and your family and i pray that no doctor on earth can cure you except you repent in JESUS NAME(AMEN), if you don't repent and live the house of GOD alone,i pray that the position that everyone one of you are occupying be remove from you in JESUS NAME(AMEN). soon,soon,soon, you will seen the anger of GOD almighty if you people do not repent and us alone to call our God in our own way.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by okpurukata(f): 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
I wish Rivers state can follow suit. Here churches share fence with residences and hold night vigil even on week days.mthe noise is so unbearable. What I ask at times is, Is God deaf that people have to scream at the top of their voices to preach or pray. It's all hypocrisy. I have worshipped in Churces in Europe and America. All of them were sound proof. Most of today's churches do not show love for neighbors at all.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by AmosTech(m): 10:49pm On Oct 29, 2021
OPEN HEAVENS ALERT

Open Heavens Alert is a devotional app that provides you with daily devotions written by Pastor E.A Adeboye.

Never forget to study your daily devotions.
You will get access to:

• Daily alarm.
• Customized alert.
• Voice reminder.
• Voice alert.
• Voice reader.
• Devotional content to mp3 audio for sharing.
• Provides your devotional messages in audio format.
• Caches ahead up to 5 days devotional messages for you.
• Offline access to cached devotions.
• Completely ads free.

What more can you get from a devotional app?

Get the app from Uptodown App store via the link below:

https://open-heavens-alert.en.uptodown.com/android/download

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaian Prostitute Confesses To Killing 100 Men And Rendering 70 Impotent / Traditionalcure, Spiritual Healing, Superstition, Voodoo, Magic, Facts / Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.